Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit has stepped down 12:03 - Nov 1 with 27159 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos has the lot!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amit has stepped down on 12:32 - Nov 1 with 3219 viewsdm97

As some have said, this is Richard Reilly exerting control over this executive board to me. Been there a year ish, sussed out how poorly run it is and is now manoeuvring himself into position. We’ve known for years Ruben is pretty vanilla and wouldn’t be surprised at all if RR now installs his CEO and DoF choice, pointing at the last 12 months as ammunition for the new approach.

Could be a tinpot theory but feels like serious changes are underway.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 12:33]
Amit has stepped down on 12:35 - Nov 1 with 3162 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reminds me of this

Amit has stepped down on 12:35 - Nov 1 with 3159 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Never a dull moment at this club.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Amit has stepped down on 12:42 - Nov 1 with 3047 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 12:32 - Nov 1 by dm97

As some have said, this is Richard Reilly exerting control over this executive board to me. Been there a year ish, sussed out how poorly run it is and is now manoeuvring himself into position. We’ve known for years Ruben is pretty vanilla and wouldn’t be surprised at all if RR now installs his CEO and DoF choice, pointing at the last 12 months as ammunition for the new approach.

Could be a tinpot theory but feels like serious changes are underway.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 12:33]

Agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reilly is the scout for proper investment which will come in behind him and buy out Ruben et al. This all feels like pre-sale moves. Power and control is shifting before the shareholders are bought out (or frankly gift they worthless shares away and pass on their funding of the debt).

There could be lots of good to come from this. I do worry about the ground, mind. Retaining ownership and borrowing done against it…under the Holdings entity. Feels like it could be similar to what happened up at Burnley.
Amit has stepped down on 12:43 - Nov 1 with 3030 viewsBrianWilson

If Hoos can now do Amits job and his old job at the same time then perhaps it shows that Amits chairman title was just a title and didn't really mean much anyway.

Maybe he just wants people to stop annoying him when he is playing golf
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 12:46]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Amit has stepped down on 12:44 - Nov 1 with 3018 viewslassel

Amit has stepped down on 12:30 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Either Hoos is the man for a new incoming ownership structure and this move is to help the sale go through and the transition, OR the existing Board have had a right royal rumble over the last couple of months behind the scenes with Amit losing out (his decision to instill GA) and the decision made to change it up and give more power to Hoos (who presumably wanted to go a different path before Ainsworth and has been proved right (perhaps on more than just this).

It could be both.

So much movement at Board level would typically signal a sale though. Hoos is American. Reilly is more involved. Hoos moving to Chairman. Makes me think we might have some new American owners soon and Hoos’ task is making it happen.

Before I moved over to Sweden I worked for P&G for a number of years and still keep in touch with some of the guys at HQ in Cincinnati. When Reilly joined the board I asked one of the guys there who was involved in the local sports scene who said Reilly was close to the Lindner family - they owned the Reds MLB team and also own FC Cincinnati in MLS, so my 2+2 theory was that perhaps Reilly bought in back then when we looked good for a playoffs spot with an eye to the Lindners investing heavily if promoted…

We weren’t and they didn’t so I expect I just put 2&2 and got 5, but I could never quite workout why a reasonably small time regional businessman from Cincinnati was buying a small share in a second division English football club unless it as with an eye on an eventual buyout perhaps as part of a consortium.
Amit has stepped down on 12:48 - Nov 1 with 2961 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 12:44 - Nov 1 by lassel

Before I moved over to Sweden I worked for P&G for a number of years and still keep in touch with some of the guys at HQ in Cincinnati. When Reilly joined the board I asked one of the guys there who was involved in the local sports scene who said Reilly was close to the Lindner family - they owned the Reds MLB team and also own FC Cincinnati in MLS, so my 2+2 theory was that perhaps Reilly bought in back then when we looked good for a playoffs spot with an eye to the Lindners investing heavily if promoted…

We weren’t and they didn’t so I expect I just put 2&2 and got 5, but I could never quite workout why a reasonably small time regional businessman from Cincinnati was buying a small share in a second division English football club unless it as with an eye on an eventual buyout perhaps as part of a consortium.

Makes sense. Reilly doesn’t have the wealth himself to take us on. He had to be a scout for someone else or a consortium. Perhaps the commercials of a change have tipped in their favour. Buy low…and all that.
Amit has stepped down on 12:52 - Nov 1 with 2859 viewslassel

Amit has stepped down on 12:48 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Makes sense. Reilly doesn’t have the wealth himself to take us on. He had to be a scout for someone else or a consortium. Perhaps the commercials of a change have tipped in their favour. Buy low…and all that.

I also remember at the fans forum a few weeks ago Amit in a jokey way saying Reilly would be doing the fans forum next year on his own.

Maybe it was a bit more prescient than we realised..
Login to get fewer ads

Amit has stepped down on 12:54 - Nov 1 with 2827 viewsdm97

Amit has stepped down on 12:42 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reilly is the scout for proper investment which will come in behind him and buy out Ruben et al. This all feels like pre-sale moves. Power and control is shifting before the shareholders are bought out (or frankly gift they worthless shares away and pass on their funding of the debt).

There could be lots of good to come from this. I do worry about the ground, mind. Retaining ownership and borrowing done against it…under the Holdings entity. Feels like it could be similar to what happened up at Burnley.

Yeah very true. Whatever the finer details, this is clearly a calculated move to push them out and as you say maybe the current situation in both the club and wider market has just accelerated the moves being made if it’s in their favour (whoever they are).
Amit has stepped down on 12:56 - Nov 1 with 2801 viewscolinallcars

Amit has stepped down on 12:09 - Nov 1 by ActonExile

I think Hoos is playing up front on Saturday.

No, no luck - he got a knock in training.
Amit has stepped down on 12:56 - Nov 1 with 2798 viewsdmm

Amit has stepped down on 12:35 - Nov 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Never a dull moment at this club.

I don't know, JFH's reign bored me rigid.
Amit has stepped down on 13:00 - Nov 1 with 2742 viewsQuirrel

Amit has stepped down on 12:56 - Nov 1 by dmm

I don't know, JFH's reign bored me rigid.

It is what it is
Amit has stepped down on 13:05 - Nov 1 with 2707 viewsNoDiddley

Amit has stepped down on 12:06 - Nov 1 by LongsufferingR

....and a new stand naming deal into the bargain. We're rolling in it!

I’ve always like Amit, but I’d someone asks me where my ST is I’m not going to say the Bhatia stand.
The clubs history is being eroded.
Amit has stepped down on 13:07 - Nov 1 with 2676 viewsdaveB

Amit has stepped down on 12:20 - Nov 1 by Northernr

I think that’s Hoos moving upstairs with a new CEO to come.

That would make more sense than him doing both jobs
Amit has stepped down on 13:07 - Nov 1 with 2674 viewshantssi

I heard a rumour that the guys involved at Wrexham were looking to buy us and turn us into their feeder club.
Apparently they’re administered by the Welsh FA so we could have a similar thing to Forest and Watford!
Amit has stepped down on 13:10 - Nov 1 with 2638 viewsSuperhoops2808

Amit has stepped down on 13:05 - Nov 1 by NoDiddley

I’ve always like Amit, but I’d someone asks me where my ST is I’m not going to say the Bhatia stand.
The clubs history is being eroded.

I do agree, it was where I first ever sat

But... If this is bringing in money to the club (and I suspect it is) come January we may be able to use wisely with some purchases from Sweden via MC.

Thats my hope anyway
Amit has stepped down on 13:15 - Nov 1 with 2586 viewspaulhoop2

This is all rather worrying to me. Hoos doing both roles just won’t work. The only other club that I can think of that has similar is Watford where Scott duxburry is both ceo and chairman. Me thinks rielly will invest more

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Amit has stepped down on 13:19 - Nov 1 with 2527 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 13:15 - Nov 1 by paulhoop2

This is all rather worrying to me. Hoos doing both roles just won’t work. The only other club that I can think of that has similar is Watford where Scott duxburry is both ceo and chairman. Me thinks rielly will invest more

he's not going to do both roles. He's being moved upstairs, there'll be a new CEO. This duel thing is just a temporary thing. I think they've realised after Amit's golf exploits and the disaster on the pitch that it's time to move on stuff that was in the pipeline anyway.

We've been saying for weeks there was no change after last season's disaster. We've been saying we desperately need some fresh ideas at leadership level. Saying we've got absentee owners. Saying that Hoos has got his eye off the ball. Well, thankfully, belatedly, here comes some change. Forward thinking progressive manager, new DOF, new CEO, Amit can go and play golf to his heart's content while at the same time whacking a chunk of change in that counts on FFP, Hoos can go to a more hands off role and spend more time with the family, get the CEO appointment right...

It's good news for once. It's change. Which was desperately needed.
Amit has stepped down on 13:19 - Nov 1 with 2525 viewssprocket

It's bloody obvious the owners have been asleep at the wheel for some time now. Despite all the plaudits Amit has received over the years let's be honest - he's no very good at running a football club is he?

I'm a little uncomfortable with Hoos getting the top job but if he gets a CEO in who can help manage the club better than before who knows maybe we will be better off?

Amit playing golf while Rome was burning looked awful and again not the actions of a chairman on his game. Wish him the best etc... but won't miss him.
Amit has stepped down on 13:21 - Nov 1 with 2485 viewsTGRRRSSS

Worrying in many ways but in all honesty the MIttal side could have done so much to redevelop the club and set it for the future, they did none of these things, relative to the promise and potential of the Mittal team they have ultimately done very little.

Harsh maybe but... Had they been propertly keen they could have bought the club lock stock and barrell years ago, but sat back and let others make a total mess of it.
Amit has stepped down on 13:22 - Nov 1 with 2457 viewsRangersw12

Amit has stepped down on 13:19 - Nov 1 by Northernr

he's not going to do both roles. He's being moved upstairs, there'll be a new CEO. This duel thing is just a temporary thing. I think they've realised after Amit's golf exploits and the disaster on the pitch that it's time to move on stuff that was in the pipeline anyway.

We've been saying for weeks there was no change after last season's disaster. We've been saying we desperately need some fresh ideas at leadership level. Saying we've got absentee owners. Saying that Hoos has got his eye off the ball. Well, thankfully, belatedly, here comes some change. Forward thinking progressive manager, new DOF, new CEO, Amit can go and play golf to his heart's content while at the same time whacking a chunk of change in that counts on FFP, Hoos can go to a more hands off role and spend more time with the family, get the CEO appointment right...

It's good news for once. It's change. Which was desperately needed.

Are we definitely gonna get a DOF though as that Athletic article suggested Hoos doesn't think we need one or was that just him doubling down on the Ainsworth appointment
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:25]
Amit has stepped down on 13:22 - Nov 1 with 2457 viewsBostonR

Amit has stepped down on 12:42 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Unless I’m mistaken the ground has been leaveraged for any borrowing. Where are you seeing this?
What I see is Ruben and his family taking greater control- not Reilly who doesn’t have the cash to buy the club. I cannot see any external party bidding given the current circumstances.
If you read it carefully Amit is clearly stating his family are remaining as shareholders. Whilst it’s not clear where TF’s shares went I would bet Ruben has taken them.
As Clive has stated LH will move upstairs and new CEO is incoming. It’s the Ruben show from here on in.
Amit has stepped down on 13:23 - Nov 1 with 2448 viewsbaz_qpr

I suspect there is too much being read into this. Amit got huge amounts of stick for a being absent and b scratching that itch, so there sis some form of accountability. We've just had three sponsorship deals ground naming, stand naming and training ground which has allowed a little bit of headroom under FFP for Marti to pick up some freebies for the out of contractors in Scandinavia at the end of December. Both have Amit and Ruben have said repeatedly they are here for the long term and that is repeated in the statement. All this means is Amit is no longer required to be a figurehead and Hoos chairs the board meetings instead of just sitting at them.

It makes Hoos the central figurehead for the business side of the market. Selling now when the club would be at its lowest value makes little sense
Amit has stepped down on 13:24 - Nov 1 with 2432 viewsrbee

Amit has stepped down on 12:20 - Nov 1 by Northernr

I think that’s Hoos moving upstairs with a new CEO to come.

Possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee Hoos was only Club Chairman for a fairly short period of time whilst the shareholders sort themselves out and perhaps new shareholders appear.

All this news the past four days kind of makes a mockery of the fans forum doesn't it. Amit and Ruben sitting with Gareth knowing that they were going to replace him and Amit planning his resignation.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:30]
Amit has stepped down on 13:30 - Nov 1 with 2345 viewsBostonR

Amit has stepped down on 13:24 - Nov 1 by rbee

Possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee Hoos was only Club Chairman for a fairly short period of time whilst the shareholders sort themselves out and perhaps new shareholders appear.

All this news the past four days kind of makes a mockery of the fans forum doesn't it. Amit and Ruben sitting with Gareth knowing that they were going to replace him and Amit planning his resignation.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:30]

Who’s buying the club in its current state? It’s not going to happen anytime soon. We’ve just seen Ruben and Amit throw more cash into the club - it’s their show for the long-term.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024