Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit has stepped down 12:03 - Nov 1 with 27171 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos has the lot!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amit has stepped down on 13:35 - Nov 1 with 2289 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 13:24 - Nov 1 by rbee

Possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee Hoos was only Club Chairman for a fairly short period of time whilst the shareholders sort themselves out and perhaps new shareholders appear.

All this news the past four days kind of makes a mockery of the fans forum doesn't it. Amit and Ruben sitting with Gareth knowing that they were going to replace him and Amit planning his resignation.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:30]

Well, like I say, I think events of the last few weeks have accelerated a few things.
From what our new Swedish friend tells us, Cifuentes has known for weeks but wanted to finish the Swedish season and they've had to accelerate that because Ainsworth was so unmercifully crap.
Bhatia's golf exploits has brought home that he's not the popular figurehead he was. Hoos has clearly been checking out for sometime. Ideally you'd wait until a new CEO is in place but the anger about lack of change and absent owners and pissy CEO has been growing, so do that now.
Hopefully these sponsorships are somebody at finance/commercial level finally waking up, rather than something else that's been brought to a head by an FFP problem.
Amit has stepped down on 13:36 - Nov 1 with 2276 viewsfrancisbowles

Amit has stepped down on 12:05 - Nov 1 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/november/01/amit-bhatia-steps-down-as-chairman/

Yes it appears that Lee Hoos is now COO CEO DOF head coach God Of Football Captain

Has anyone told Stainrod's Elbow?😤
Amit has stepped down on 13:40 - Nov 1 with 2231 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Amit has stepped down on 12:05 - Nov 1 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/november/01/amit-bhatia-steps-down-as-chairman/

Yes it appears that Lee Hoos is now COO CEO DOF head coach God Of Football Captain

Rumours coming out of Lambeth Palace, he's got the Archbishop of Canterbury gig too.

#Godsplan
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:40]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amit has stepped down on 13:40 - Nov 1 with 2224 viewsLongsufferingR

So after the renaming does that mean that those of us with season tickets in SAR are now to be known as the Bhatia Boys?
Amit has stepped down on 13:43 - Nov 1 with 2192 viewsToast_R

Amit has stepped down on 13:07 - Nov 1 by daveB

That would make more sense than him doing both jobs

It's a bit more work for a lot more money.
Amit has stepped down on 13:44 - Nov 1 with 2175 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit has stepped down on 13:30 - Nov 1 by BostonR

Who’s buying the club in its current state? It’s not going to happen anytime soon. We’ve just seen Ruben and Amit throw more cash into the club - it’s their show for the long-term.

Depends on the deal doesn't it?
Briatore bought at our lowest ebb and then sold for a big profit on promotion.

Bare bones.

Amit has stepped down on 13:44 - Nov 1 with 2174 viewsJuzzie

Amit has stepped down on 13:40 - Nov 1 by LongsufferingR

So after the renaming does that mean that those of us with season tickets in SAR are now to be known as the Bhatia Boys?

".....stand up and makes some noise"
Amit has stepped down on 13:47 - Nov 1 with 2128 viewsQPR_John

"Chairmanship duties will now be taken on by Lee"

Maybe splitting hairs but not quite "is the new Chairman"
Login to get fewer ads

Amit has stepped down on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 2112 viewsrbee

Amit has stepped down on 13:35 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Well, like I say, I think events of the last few weeks have accelerated a few things.
From what our new Swedish friend tells us, Cifuentes has known for weeks but wanted to finish the Swedish season and they've had to accelerate that because Ainsworth was so unmercifully crap.
Bhatia's golf exploits has brought home that he's not the popular figurehead he was. Hoos has clearly been checking out for sometime. Ideally you'd wait until a new CEO is in place but the anger about lack of change and absent owners and pissy CEO has been growing, so do that now.
Hopefully these sponsorships are somebody at finance/commercial level finally waking up, rather than something else that's been brought to a head by an FFP problem.

In the scheme of things these sponsorship deals, although welcome, are small change to Ruben and Amit.

I might be wrong but my gut feeling is that Amit's sponsorship is a peacemeal offering as he leaves the role of club Chairman.

Now if the South Africa Road Stand had become The Mittal Stand that would of been far more interesting.
Amit has stepped down on 13:52 - Nov 1 with 2072 viewsHastings_Hoops

Operationally this change is negligible as, let’s be honest, do you really think that Amit didn’t delegate chairman responsibilities (chairing and looking after shareholders matters and agenda items) to Hoos as his CEO anyway?.. Hoos gets no further power as he doesn’t own the club.

Directionally this is significant and my hunch is that this is more writing on the wall to the owners backing out with sponsorship arrangements in place to cash flow their exit / resolve their last mistake(s) easing the burden on a new owner’s introduction.
Amit has stepped down on 13:53 - Nov 1 with 2059 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit has stepped down on 13:47 - Nov 1 by QPR_John

"Chairmanship duties will now be taken on by Lee"

Maybe splitting hairs but not quite "is the new Chairman"

not splitting hairs at all mate, it's very carefully worded. Won't stop people going mental though!

Bare bones.

Amit has stepped down on 13:57 - Nov 1 with 1996 viewsrbee

Amit has stepped down on 13:53 - Nov 1 by Antti_Heinola

not splitting hairs at all mate, it's very carefully worded. Won't stop people going mental though!

The Official Site has been updated already.

QPR Board

Chairman & CEO Lee Hoos

Vice-Chairman Ruben Gnanalingam

Board Members Ruben Gnanalingam, Amit Bhatia, Richard Reilly
Amit has stepped down on 13:59 - Nov 1 with 1973 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 13:19 - Nov 1 by Northernr

he's not going to do both roles. He's being moved upstairs, there'll be a new CEO. This duel thing is just a temporary thing. I think they've realised after Amit's golf exploits and the disaster on the pitch that it's time to move on stuff that was in the pipeline anyway.

We've been saying for weeks there was no change after last season's disaster. We've been saying we desperately need some fresh ideas at leadership level. Saying we've got absentee owners. Saying that Hoos has got his eye off the ball. Well, thankfully, belatedly, here comes some change. Forward thinking progressive manager, new DOF, new CEO, Amit can go and play golf to his heart's content while at the same time whacking a chunk of change in that counts on FFP, Hoos can go to a more hands off role and spend more time with the family, get the CEO appointment right...

It's good news for once. It's change. Which was desperately needed.

I don’t disagree that is good news, but do you not think that this is a precursor to some form of sale?
Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 with 1944 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 13:22 - Nov 1 by BostonR

Unless I’m mistaken the ground has been leaveraged for any borrowing. Where are you seeing this?
What I see is Ruben and his family taking greater control- not Reilly who doesn’t have the cash to buy the club. I cannot see any external party bidding given the current circumstances.
If you read it carefully Amit is clearly stating his family are remaining as shareholders. Whilst it’s not clear where TF’s shares went I would bet Ruben has taken them.
As Clive has stated LH will move upstairs and new CEO is incoming. It’s the Ruben show from here on in.

Let’s see, BostonR. I know Reilly doesn’t have the money to invest and fund the club, but that doesn’t mean he’s not scout for a consortium who do.

On the ground, not saying it has been leveraged for any borrowing. I’m saying that my one worry with any sale, especially to any Americans, is that it might be.

Let’s see. I think they are trying to sell and this is a sign of ramping up that effort or that things are in motion already.
Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 with 1934 viewsBostonR

Amit has stepped down on 13:44 - Nov 1 by Antti_Heinola

Depends on the deal doesn't it?
Briatore bought at our lowest ebb and then sold for a big profit on promotion.

Good point, but unless I’m mistaken Briatore purchased R’s for £15M - £40M today. Our major debt was against the ground circa £10M and we had no other major capital assets.
Given everything Ruben and the other shareholders have put in, I would want to see a sizeable return. I’d estimate they have covered in excess of £200M to-date plus some loose change.
I would think they’d take £200M if offered but somehow in today’s market I can’t see that being realised. Alternatively, given their wealth they could cut loose for say £100M but an important condition would be that the money should not be leaveraged against the club and its assets.
Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 with 1933 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit has stepped down on 13:59 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

I don’t disagree that is good news, but do you not think that this is a precursor to some form of sale?

What I think is that Amit was always pretty much only a figurehead, only placed there as fans liked him, and I'm amazed fans place so much emphasis on him, when Ruben has been running the show for years. It was just a title.

Bare bones.

Amit has stepped down on 14:04 - Nov 1 with 1913 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 13:59 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

I don't know mate, so I'm not going to speculate otherwise people will be like 'oooh Clive says we're being sold'.

As I've said before, to buy QPR now would put you on the hook for a lot of money immediately, with no FFP room to do anything about the team, so you'd have to be ballsy. You'd be better off letting it go to Lg One and buying it then.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Amit has stepped down on 14:04 - Nov 1 with 1910 viewsBklynRanger

Hoos has seemed so burnt out recently though, the idea of him taking on more responsibility doesn't make sense to me.

Unless, as said above, its part of some larger reshuffle or other changes.
Amit has stepped down on 14:06 - Nov 1 with 1888 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 13:49 - Nov 1 by rbee

In the scheme of things these sponsorship deals, although welcome, are small change to Ruben and Amit.

I might be wrong but my gut feeling is that Amit's sponsorship is a peacemeal offering as he leaves the role of club Chairman.

Now if the South Africa Road Stand had become The Mittal Stand that would of been far more interesting.

Well not really. It doesn't matter if it's the Tooting branch of the Tesco Metro or BP doing it, you're only allowed to sponsor it at market rate. Unless you're Man City.
Amit has stepped down on 14:07 - Nov 1 with 1873 viewsted_hendrix

I actually don't mind Hoos If I'm honest.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Amit has stepped down on 14:10 - Nov 1 with 1849 viewsBostonR

Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Let’s see, BostonR. I know Reilly doesn’t have the money to invest and fund the club, but that doesn’t mean he’s not scout for a consortium who do.

On the ground, not saying it has been leveraged for any borrowing. I’m saying that my one worry with any sale, especially to any Americans, is that it might be.

Let’s see. I think they are trying to sell and this is a sign of ramping up that effort or that things are in motion already.

If they were selling I think there would have been some chimes by now. We need to resist any possible purchases using the ground as collateral-we all know where that leads. I don’t think Ruben would do that do us.
If Reilly ups his shareholding, then it’s possible he is stalking, but if Ruben has take TF’s shares I would expect Reilly to exit, unless he is happy to be a very small minority shareholder.
Amit has stepped down on 14:12 - Nov 1 with 1832 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 by BostonR

Good point, but unless I’m mistaken Briatore purchased R’s for £15M - £40M today. Our major debt was against the ground circa £10M and we had no other major capital assets.
Given everything Ruben and the other shareholders have put in, I would want to see a sizeable return. I’d estimate they have covered in excess of £200M to-date plus some loose change.
I would think they’d take £200M if offered but somehow in today’s market I can’t see that being realised. Alternatively, given their wealth they could cut loose for say £100M but an important condition would be that the money should not be leaveraged against the club and its assets.

Sunk cost fallacy there, BostonR.

All utterly irrelevant.

The club costs them around 20-24m to simply keep operational every year.

In any valuation method of what QPR is worth, the answer is very little. What people have invested and lost before matters not a jot. The issue is someone having the liquidity to fund the ongoing loss (and obviously being willing to). Our current shareholders have been in that position (great) but they may decide they don’t want to be for much longer.
Amit has stepped down on 14:12 - Nov 1 with 1827 viewsqprd

Amit has stepped down on 13:19 - Nov 1 by sprocket

It's bloody obvious the owners have been asleep at the wheel for some time now. Despite all the plaudits Amit has received over the years let's be honest - he's no very good at running a football club is he?

I'm a little uncomfortable with Hoos getting the top job but if he gets a CEO in who can help manage the club better than before who knows maybe we will be better off?

Amit playing golf while Rome was burning looked awful and again not the actions of a chairman on his game. Wish him the best etc... but won't miss him.

nice guy, but what has he accomplished? his biggest life achievement is marrying the daughter of one of the richest men in the country.... there's not much else to there than that

in practice, he didnt rly run the show. TF stepped away from the chairman role (as he was persistently shooting himself in the foot and getting abuse from the fans, while also selling down)... ruben is pretty quiet and not really a face of an organisation. amit was fairly popular amongst the fans b/c hes personable and a nice guy, but in reality, a sub 5% shareholder isnt really running the board- he was just a face
Amit has stepped down on 14:12 - Nov 1 with 1824 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 by BostonR

No one is buying this club for anything like that money.
The only chance of it being sold is that Ruben decides to cut his losses. That's my opinion, but I know very little about the world of high finance!

Bare bones.

Amit has stepped down on 14:13 - Nov 1 with 1804 viewsHunterhoop

Amit has stepped down on 14:10 - Nov 1 by BostonR

If they were selling I think there would have been some chimes by now. We need to resist any possible purchases using the ground as collateral-we all know where that leads. I don’t think Ruben would do that do us.
If Reilly ups his shareholding, then it’s possible he is stalking, but if Ruben has take TF’s shares I would expect Reilly to exit, unless he is happy to be a very small minority shareholder.

I think there are some chimes…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024