Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit has stepped down 12:03 - Nov 1 with 27168 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos has the lot!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amit has stepped down on 14:14 - Nov 1 with 2747 viewsR_from_afar

Maybe these boardroom changes are what has been delaying the process to decide on a new DoF. Retexo must have all the data they need by now, unless they are using abacuses....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amit has stepped down on 14:17 - Nov 1 with 2722 viewsBklynRanger

Amit has stepped down on 14:14 - Nov 1 by R_from_afar

Maybe these boardroom changes are what has been delaying the process to decide on a new DoF. Retexo must have all the data they need by now, unless they are using abacuses....

I think you'll find it's 'abaci'...

Amit has stepped down on 14:19 - Nov 1 with 2693 viewsqprd

Amit has stepped down on 14:04 - Nov 1 by Northernr

I don't know mate, so I'm not going to speculate otherwise people will be like 'oooh Clive says we're being sold'.

As I've said before, to buy QPR now would put you on the hook for a lot of money immediately, with no FFP room to do anything about the team, so you'd have to be ballsy. You'd be better off letting it go to Lg One and buying it then.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If anything, I think the decision for Amit to step down when he did is just a reflection of how poorly run the club is

In actuality, as others have noted, I suspect very little will change- Amit Bhatia was a very small minority shareholder, so he was never really running the board, despite his title. Lee Hoos is just an employee, so he's not going to run the show either, as he's not putting in his own cash into the club.

You dont need to change the board before you sell. If we were going to sell, we'd just keep everyone in place, sell and then just let the new owners re-install their own board

But I think this highlights how utterly clueless the board is. QPR is in a really bad way at the moment- losing money, FFP issues, losing games, sacking managers- why invite more scrutiny by resigning as chairman just days after you hired a new manager? Why create less stability around the club, particularly when the decision likely changes nothing other than a few figurehead titles, but will invariably generate unrest and conspiracies amongst the team and the fans

Amit surely could've dealt with a few more insults and mean tweets and then just resigned in a month or so when things were hopefully calmer
Amit has stepped down on 14:21 - Nov 1 with 2665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit has stepped down on 14:19 - Nov 1 by qprd

If anything, I think the decision for Amit to step down when he did is just a reflection of how poorly run the club is

In actuality, as others have noted, I suspect very little will change- Amit Bhatia was a very small minority shareholder, so he was never really running the board, despite his title. Lee Hoos is just an employee, so he's not going to run the show either, as he's not putting in his own cash into the club.

You dont need to change the board before you sell. If we were going to sell, we'd just keep everyone in place, sell and then just let the new owners re-install their own board

But I think this highlights how utterly clueless the board is. QPR is in a really bad way at the moment- losing money, FFP issues, losing games, sacking managers- why invite more scrutiny by resigning as chairman just days after you hired a new manager? Why create less stability around the club, particularly when the decision likely changes nothing other than a few figurehead titles, but will invariably generate unrest and conspiracies amongst the team and the fans

Amit surely could've dealt with a few more insults and mean tweets and then just resigned in a month or so when things were hopefully calmer

i dunno.
swings and roundabouts.
you could equally say, get it all done now so Cif doesn't have all the noise going on a month into his job.

Bare bones.

Amit has stepped down on 14:24 - Nov 1 with 2648 viewsMatch82

Amit has stepped down on 14:13 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

I think there are some chimes…

Chime-chimeney, chime-chimeney, chime, chime cher-oo
We need new owners, these don't have a clue
Amit has stepped down on 14:30 - Nov 1 with 2588 viewsR_from_afar

Amit has stepped down on 14:17 - Nov 1 by BklynRanger

I think you'll find it's 'abaci'...

Well now, I initially thought you had a point, but according to the internet, either is correct :

abacus
noun
aba·​cus ˈa-bə-kəs ə-ˈba-
plural abaci ˈa-bə-ˌsī -ˌkē; ə-ˈba-ˌkī or abacuses
: an instrument for performing calculations by sliding counters along rods or in grooves
: a slab that forms the uppermost member or division of the capital of a column

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amit has stepped down on 14:32 - Nov 1 with 2573 viewsNewBee

Amit has stepped down on 13:07 - Nov 1 by hantssi

I heard a rumour that the guys involved at Wrexham were looking to buy us and turn us into their feeder club.
Apparently they’re administered by the Welsh FA so we could have a similar thing to Forest and Watford!

Wrexham may be members of the FAW, so that in itself wouldn't prevent a tie-up between the two clubs.

However, they're also a member of the EFL, whose rules would undoubtedly prevent it (conflict of interest and all that).
Amit has stepped down on 14:33 - Nov 1 with 2572 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 14:32 - Nov 1 by NewBee

Wrexham may be members of the FAW, so that in itself wouldn't prevent a tie-up between the two clubs.

However, they're also a member of the EFL, whose rules would undoubtedly prevent it (conflict of interest and all that).

Login to get fewer ads

Amit has stepped down on 14:33 - Nov 1 with 2567 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not in the know to understand the thinking behind all these changes so this is a personal view. Rather than the speculation others seelm to be indulging in.
It is frowned upon to have the same person as Chairman and CEO. I hope, and expect, it is a short term thing. If that results in a new CEO and/or a new DOF, that is the type of reform many have been calling for.
Allegedly, GA was Amit's choice. As it didn't work out he's, in effect, taking the can.
As minority shareholder, his input could be overruled by Ruben.
The 3 sponsorship deals (Matrade, TSG and Bhatia stand) all seem to be converting FFP investments into ones that fall outside FFP.
The latter may mean there is a bit more wiggle room for the new manager.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Amit has stepped down on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 2409 viewsNewBee

Amit has stepped down on 13:23 - Nov 1 by baz_qpr

I suspect there is too much being read into this. Amit got huge amounts of stick for a being absent and b scratching that itch, so there sis some form of accountability. We've just had three sponsorship deals ground naming, stand naming and training ground which has allowed a little bit of headroom under FFP for Marti to pick up some freebies for the out of contractors in Scandinavia at the end of December. Both have Amit and Ruben have said repeatedly they are here for the long term and that is repeated in the statement. All this means is Amit is no longer required to be a figurehead and Hoos chairs the board meetings instead of just sitting at them.

It makes Hoos the central figurehead for the business side of the market. Selling now when the club would be at its lowest value makes little sense

"Selling now when the club would be at its lowest value makes little sense ."

"Lowest value"? Despite the differing FFP rules between Championship and League One, the club would be worth even less if you got relegated.

Maybe it's as follows:
1. A potential buyer who's been lurking for some time (RR and his mates, perhaps?), has decided now is a good time to buy i.e. when the price is low, but you're still in the Championship;
2. However, the purchase price will be drastically reduced should you go down;
3. Therefore Batia & Co are putting a bit of money into the club via these latest sponsorships, to fund the new manager/make a couple of January signings etc, in a last-gasp attempt to avoid relegation and maintain the club's value.

This could all be nonsense, of course, but whatever's behind it, I wonder what Cifuentes thinks of all this. If he's been kept informed and there's a clearly identified place for him in any new set-up, then we must assume he's bought into it, and not just for the short-term.

But if he was just a last-minute gamble to avoid relegation etc and this is all new to him, then he must surely be wondering just wtf is going on and what has he let himself in for.
Amit has stepped down on 14:56 - Nov 1 with 2367 viewsLongRanger

These changes are surely positive, the board and its structure has been our biggest issue, with Ruben, Amit, RR and Hoos it was all too self serving. New people and approach has to be a good thing. No idea how or why they got here, but there will inevitably be at least 2 new faces in there in the next 4 weeks (CEO & DOF).

My only suspicion is that they are all collectively more comfortable with going down to League 1 to start again then they can let on.
Amit has stepped down on 14:56 - Nov 1 with 2363 viewskensalriser

Eagerly looking forward to seeing the ever more fantastical sums being fashioned from 2 + 2.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Amit has stepped down on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 2341 viewsLongRanger

Amit has stepped down on 14:50 - Nov 1 by NewBee

"Selling now when the club would be at its lowest value makes little sense ."

"Lowest value"? Despite the differing FFP rules between Championship and League One, the club would be worth even less if you got relegated.

Maybe it's as follows:
1. A potential buyer who's been lurking for some time (RR and his mates, perhaps?), has decided now is a good time to buy i.e. when the price is low, but you're still in the Championship;
2. However, the purchase price will be drastically reduced should you go down;
3. Therefore Batia & Co are putting a bit of money into the club via these latest sponsorships, to fund the new manager/make a couple of January signings etc, in a last-gasp attempt to avoid relegation and maintain the club's value.

This could all be nonsense, of course, but whatever's behind it, I wonder what Cifuentes thinks of all this. If he's been kept informed and there's a clearly identified place for him in any new set-up, then we must assume he's bought into it, and not just for the short-term.

But if he was just a last-minute gamble to avoid relegation etc and this is all new to him, then he must surely be wondering just wtf is going on and what has he let himself in for.

Of course MC would have know and bought into it, its ridiculous even by our standards not to have engaged him in the plan, he may have even had some input on DOF for example.
Amit has stepped down on 15:12 - Nov 1 with 2255 viewsstowmarketrange

Amit has stepped down on 12:27 - Nov 1 by connell10

Good grief Hoo,s running the whole shit show!!!

Hoo’s hoops then.
Amit has stepped down on 15:14 - Nov 1 with 2236 viewslassel

Amit has stepped down on 14:02 - Nov 1 by Antti_Heinola

What I think is that Amit was always pretty much only a figurehead, only placed there as fans liked him, and I'm amazed fans place so much emphasis on him, when Ruben has been running the show for years. It was just a title.

Yes, I have always been a bit lost with the deification of Bhatia and Sakshena - in The Four Year Plan they both just came across as a couple of finance bro’s fiddling while Rome burnt.

Outside QPR, Bhatia’s ‘career’ has been a couple of small investment funds and a ‘consulting’ firm none of which make money and as such look rather like his FIL/Wife offering up a few quid to play around with and keep him out of trouble……Warren Buffett’s protege he certainly isn’t.
Amit has stepped down on 15:14 - Nov 1 with 2235 viewsBuckR

Amit has stepped down on 14:58 - Nov 1 by LongRanger

Of course MC would have know and bought into it, its ridiculous even by our standards not to have engaged him in the plan, he may have even had some input on DOF for example.

That sort of defeats the object of a DOF doesn't it?
Amit has stepped down on 15:16 - Nov 1 with 2213 views1JD

Amit has stepped down on 13:23 - Nov 1 by baz_qpr

I suspect there is too much being read into this. Amit got huge amounts of stick for a being absent and b scratching that itch, so there sis some form of accountability. We've just had three sponsorship deals ground naming, stand naming and training ground which has allowed a little bit of headroom under FFP for Marti to pick up some freebies for the out of contractors in Scandinavia at the end of December. Both have Amit and Ruben have said repeatedly they are here for the long term and that is repeated in the statement. All this means is Amit is no longer required to be a figurehead and Hoos chairs the board meetings instead of just sitting at them.

It makes Hoos the central figurehead for the business side of the market. Selling now when the club would be at its lowest value makes little sense

Agree with this. Personally I think far too much is being read into this. Loads of speculation of ownership change, but the data supports the opposite. The owners - mainly Ruben - have just spent 20m on the new training ground. And Amit and Ruben have pumped extra funds into the club; further demonstrating their support of the club as shareholders and owners. Presumably a. To support the managerial change and b. To support the jan transfer window, as we need a big turnaround this season on the pitch.

So far, the only thing that has really happened, it a title change for Amit - that’s it. And Amit was always a figurehead chairman anyway. Meanwhile they’ve been open about attracting extra investment - if they can find the right party who adds new value. That may or may not be happening behind the scenes also.
Amit has stepped down on 15:20 - Nov 1 with 2153 viewsNewBee

Amit has stepped down on 14:58 - Nov 1 by LongRanger

You're probably right, but stranger things have happened.

For I am reminded of Leroy Rosenior and Torquay United, where they appointed him manager and 10 minutes into his unveiling to the Media at a Press Conference, he got the tap on the shoulder to tell him that he was no longer the boss!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/may/21/newsstory.sport5
Amit has stepped down on 15:23 - Nov 1 with 2138 viewsDavieQPR

Amit has stepped down on 12:09 - Nov 1 by bosh67

Now known as the Hoos stand

Hoos Loos because we're still in the sh**
Amit has stepped down on 15:31 - Nov 1 with 2050 viewsDavieQPR

Hearing there is a big announcement tomorrow.
Amit has stepped down on 15:35 - Nov 1 with 2002 viewsRuislipHoop

Just need to get rid of CR now
Amit has stepped down on 15:41 - Nov 1 with 1944 viewsslmrstid

Amit has stepped down on 15:31 - Nov 1 by DavieQPR

Hearing there is a big announcement tomorrow.

Bit Craig David this QPR week.

Sacked a manager on Saturday, met a new manager Monday, Chairman resigned Wednesday.

What's in for Thursday/Friday?
Amit has stepped down on 15:44 - Nov 1 with 1888 viewsBostonR

Amit has stepped down on 14:12 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Sunk cost fallacy there, BostonR.

All utterly irrelevant.

The club costs them around 20-24m to simply keep operational every year.

In any valuation method of what QPR is worth, the answer is very little. What people have invested and lost before matters not a jot. The issue is someone having the liquidity to fund the ongoing loss (and obviously being willing to). Our current shareholders have been in that position (great) but they may decide they don’t want to be for much longer.

Aren’t you forgetting the value of the ground as an asset? I’m broadly in agreement with you but having been in global real estate re-investment most of my career, I rarely see owners, shareholders or institutional investors give stuff away for free.
Amit has stepped down on 15:50 - Nov 1 with 1836 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Amit has stepped down on 14:33 - Nov 1 by derbyhoop

I'm not in the know to understand the thinking behind all these changes so this is a personal view. Rather than the speculation others seelm to be indulging in.
It is frowned upon to have the same person as Chairman and CEO. I hope, and expect, it is a short term thing. If that results in a new CEO and/or a new DOF, that is the type of reform many have been calling for.
Allegedly, GA was Amit's choice. As it didn't work out he's, in effect, taking the can.
As minority shareholder, his input could be overruled by Ruben.
The 3 sponsorship deals (Matrade, TSG and Bhatia stand) all seem to be converting FFP investments into ones that fall outside FFP.
The latter may mean there is a bit more wiggle room for the new manager.

Soooo what you're saying....we're going to out-spend Tombola down the road come January!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amit has stepped down on 15:56 - Nov 1 with 1791 viewsJigsore

In 4 months time... 'The club has parted company with first team coach Marti Cifuentes. We thank him for his efforts, prior to the mental breakdown at Millwall that led to the team bus being driven into a lake. Club tyrant Lee Hoos will be stepping in as permanent interim manager.'

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024