Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who won you over in the end 12:31 - Nov 10 with 9345 viewsPlanetHonneywood

1. Tony Sealy - did that lad try and never anything less than 100%. However, I thought he was rubbish until the 82/83 season when he came into his own.

2. Paul Furlong - thought resigning him really odd and yet in his second stint, one of the first names on the teamsheet.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players who won you over in the end on 19:22 - Nov 10 with 2010 viewshantssi

Players who won you over in the end on 16:26 - Nov 10 by PlanetHonneywood

For the life of me I could not see what Gerry Francis saw in Peter Crouch when we signed him. Thought he was woeful and looked like we'd stuck a shirt on one of the floodlights.

If you'd have told me after those first few outings that he would turn out to be a good player for us; play in a European Cup Final; two World Cups; and marry an underwear model, I'd have thought you needed sectioning!

🤣
Players who won you over in the end on 19:30 - Nov 10 with 1995 viewsBluce_Ree

Gino Padula IIRC. It was like he was awful but then got good. But maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Players who won you over in the end on 19:40 - Nov 10 with 1968 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Been thinking about it.

I'd have to say Barker as well. I liked him as he worked so hard, and he did cost a lot of money and played for England U-21's, but it just didn't seem to be happening for him, and I think I gave up on him. Hands up.

Was delighted when he turned it around, as he was clearly a great fella.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players who won you over in the end on 21:52 - Nov 10 with 1854 viewstonyQPR

Players who won you over in the end on 19:30 - Nov 10 by Bluce_Ree

Gino Padula IIRC. It was like he was awful but then got good. But maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

No you’re correct but then one random amazing tackle changed all that. I’m thinking against Leicester at home (or away) I’m sure Clive will know 👍
Players who won you over in the end on 22:09 - Nov 10 with 1829 viewsMrSheen

Tony Sealy is a great shout. People seemed a bit offended that we signed someone a bit below our standard, but he had a crazy run in our promotion season when he wouldn’t stop scoring. Penrice was similar.

Marcus Bignot. When he first came it was a sign of how far we’d fallen that we had players like him in our side but by the end we were bringing him back for one more encore.
Players who won you over in the end on 22:41 - Nov 10 with 1794 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Players who won you over in the end on 14:06 - Nov 10 by Northernr

I, perhaps controversially, still don't have much time for Zamora bar the Wembley goal. I know that's a bit 'what did the Roman's ever do for us' but fck it, it's a hill I'm happy to die on.

I completely agree with you. Zamora and Johnson were both poor at QPR. It was these kind of signings that underlined everything that was wrong with QPR in the PL. Had Bobby not scored that goal at Wembley he would be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Players who won you over in the end on 22:46 - Nov 10 with 1787 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Players who won you over in the end on 19:40 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Been thinking about it.

I'd have to say Barker as well. I liked him as he worked so hard, and he did cost a lot of money and played for England U-21's, but it just didn't seem to be happening for him, and I think I gave up on him. Hands up.

Was delighted when he turned it around, as he was clearly a great fella.

Barker's spent the last 23 years in Executive roles at the PFA, including a decade as Assistant CEO, so clearly an accomplished individual.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 22:47]
Players who won you over in the end on 23:09 - Nov 10 with 1768 viewsaston_hoop

Really hope I can come back to this in May and say Andre Dozzell, its going to be a long road for him but you never know!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Players who won you over in the end on 23:22 - Nov 10 with 1754 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Paul Furlong is the obvious example. He was always going to start on the back foot given his Chelsea connections. Initially, he didn't help his cause with some poor early performances but, boy, did he turn it around and then some. He now appears to be developing into a decent coach, with the development squad in particular going well this season under his charge. A consummate professional; it wouldn't surprise if at 55, the man still has a 6-pack!
Players who won you over in the end on 00:01 - Nov 11 with 1725 viewsSydneyRs

Players who won you over in the end on 14:06 - Nov 10 by Northernr

I, perhaps controversially, still don't have much time for Zamora bar the Wembley goal. I know that's a bit 'what did the Roman's ever do for us' but fck it, it's a hill I'm happy to die on.

Agreed, that one goal completely transformed his legacy. Largely not very good or injured aside from that.
Players who won you over in the end on 07:45 - Nov 11 with 1651 viewsSimplyNico

Les Ferdinand
Players who won you over in the end on 12:54 - Nov 11 with 1549 viewsChrisNW6

More recently Lee Wallace, similar to Barbet, in a back four he was shocking but playing in a five he was so much better.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 13:00]
Players who won you over in the end on 13:40 - Nov 11 with 1525 viewsDesertBoot

Paul Furlong for me.
Absolutely slaughtered when missing a penalty at Crewe. The rest is history…..

Wish I could be like David Watts

Players who won you over in the end on 09:36 - Nov 12 with 1393 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joey Barton... nah, just kidding. Looking forward to what his obituary will say about him.

The grass is always greener.

Players who won you over in the end on 09:45 - Nov 12 with 1385 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Radek Černý

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Players who won you over in the end on 19:09 - Nov 12 with 1261 viewscaliforniahoop

I use to think Mark Dennis was just a thug footballer until he played for us, he was actually a good footballer.
Players who won you over in the end on 20:04 - Nov 12 with 1207 viewsmart_Goblin

Seb Polter won me over in the end .
Players who won you over in the end on 20:54 - Nov 12 with 1159 viewsEN_Ranger

I’d love Karl Henry in our team now!
Players who won you over in the end on 21:11 - Nov 12 with 1140 viewshoops_legend

Players who won you over in the end on 09:36 - Nov 12 by Esox_Lucius

Joey Barton... nah, just kidding. Looking forward to what his obituary will say about him.

Cunning stunt or something similar
Players who won you over in the end on 21:12 - Nov 12 with 1132 viewshoops_legend

Players who won you over in the end on 13:30 - Nov 10 by Northernr

Helguson's a good shout. Missed some ridiculous chances in those early games.
Absolutely nuts that he was out at Watford while we had Priskin and Bent up front on loan.

Massively agree with the helguson comments, one of our best number 9s and he didn’t start well

So glad to see him do well in premiership year and championship winning. Great man
Players who won you over in the end on 21:19 - Nov 12 with 1122 viewshoops_legend

For me it would be Matthew rose. He was a bit of a liability in terms of injuries and missing a lot of games. But I was a big fan after a while

A second was Chris kiwomya, I see a lot of people give him stick but I think he really came good for us at times, but perhaps I just have fond memories of his bizarre hatrick vs Crystal Palace!

Other shout outs include matt brazier and Jermaine Darlington
Players who won you over in the end on 21:24 - Nov 12 with 1116 viewsbaz_qpr

Nedum Onuoha cart horse at right back, but a very decent centre back
Players who won you over in the end on 23:08 - Nov 12 with 1044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players who won you over in the end on 21:24 - Nov 12 by baz_qpr

Nedum Onuoha cart horse at right back, but a very decent centre back

Even better once he got his own podcast.

He made Eze, apparently.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players who won you over in the end on 23:28 - Nov 12 with 1014 viewscolinallcars

I remember one match, the aforementioned Tony Sealy was absolutely everywhere, chasing every ball.
The crowd were singing “ Two Tony Sealys, there's only two Tony Sealys ”
Players who won you over in the end on 23:47 - Nov 12 with 993 viewsJigsore

Armand Traoré

Not really. But we'll always have that cross for Mackie's header.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024