Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread 11:59 - Dec 25 with 44048 viewsTomS

As the song continues, temptations on his way. You look at the form table, see Millwall struggling and think to yourself 'you know what, we can win this'.

The thing about new managerial bounces is that gravity eventually kicks in and you revert back to the level you should have been at all along. We won three in a row, but the feel good factor is beginning to wear off. We should have earned more than one point from our last three outings, but didn't. Gravity is holding us back from our desired ascent up the table. We cannot score as often as we need to, as we don't have (m)any natural goalscorers on the team. Pot shots from 60
yards don't usually result in goals.

So what's going to happen against Millwall? There won't be many goals scored in this one. I think we'll continue to frustrate ourselves and will fail to score, but will suffer from another momentary lapse of
concentration in defence and will lose 1-0.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:49 - Dec 26 with 1762 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:47 - Dec 26 by Rs_Holy

poor old Lyndon ... he always seems to be in the wrong place

He's in the wrong country 🙄
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:49 - Dec 26 with 1770 viewsMetallica_Hoop

bollox

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 with 1763 viewsDorse

For fcuks fcuking sake, you fcuking fcukers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 with 1744 viewsJimthehip

Literal give away
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 with 1710 viewshoops_legend

Wondering if we could have given them more space for that goal
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 with 1699 viewsrbee

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:49 - Dec 26 by loftboy

1-0 ffs

All Kakay's fault, everything is Kakay's fault.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:51 - Dec 26 with 1654 viewsflynnbo

Diabolical defending.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:51 - Dec 26 with 1626 viewsFDC

Worst 45 for some time, fùck sake terrible goal
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:51 - Dec 26 with 1609 viewslassel

Kakay costs us yet another goal with a strong assist from Clarke-Salter who sees Bradshaw behind him and still doesn’t bother intercepting it.

Got what we deserved though with this embarrassing lineup and gameplan.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1526 viewsconnell10

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:51 - Dec 26 by FDC

Worst 45 for some time, fùck sake terrible goal

We always concede just before halftime ffs

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1478 viewsJimthehip

If we don't win today we're going down

Millwall are an AWFUL team. If we can't beat them than we won't stay up
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1467 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 by hoops_legend

Wondering if we could have given them more space for that goal

No surprise to see it coming from an attack down our right hand side. Time to play the clown music.

And what a stupid time to concede a goal right on the stroke of half time following our best spell in the game.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1463 viewskensalriser

Think this was again going backwards from a free kick. Every time we win the ball there are no options going forward so we go back and put ourselves under pressure from the high press.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1464 viewsBklynRanger

That goal was an absolute mess
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1458 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What a toothless performance. I can't believe how weak some of these players are, both physically and mentally.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:53 - Dec 26 with 1444 viewsgazza1

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:51 - Dec 26 by lassel

Kakay costs us yet another goal with a strong assist from Clarke-Salter who sees Bradshaw behind him and still doesn’t bother intercepting it.

Got what we deserved though with this embarrassing lineup and gameplan.

Why was it Kakay fault???
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:53 - Dec 26 with 1442 viewskarlski

Disgraceful goal to give away. So frustrating.

Zero bravery on the ball. For this style to work you have to be willing to constantly be moving to find spaces, take the ball on the half turn, and pass it forward. None of which we appear to be capable of in this game (though we have done it with more success in others).

So far, so pathetic.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:53 - Dec 26 with 1393 viewsTacticalR

That was a horrible, especially in a game that hasn't had much in the way of chances. We got caught out close to goal, and they had men over on the back post.

Air hostess clique

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1369 viewsKerryE

We are on such a poor run against the bottom teams around us. That was mickey mouse defending.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1367 viewsderbyhoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:42 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

Not by much. Two poorish sides who look like where they are. Pretty turgid Champ fare. Dykes is pointless and needs to be hooked at h/t.

Dykes has been completely isolated. Chair and Smyth staying very wide so that our only option is Begovic to JCS to Begovic to Dunne.

Very poor game between 2 crappy Championship teams.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1346 viewsDamo1962

There is something almost comforting about our return to normal. No need to worry about hope anymore. Five knuckle shufflers the lot of them.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1333 viewsSherryHoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:50 - Dec 26 by rbee

All Kakay's fault, everything is Kakay's fault.

He tracked a man who was way offside and left half a pitch open for them. Even then there were 4 defenders between their 2 forwards.

It was the 3rd time I counted we gave it away in midfield and invited the counter attack. Playing from the back but no one in the middle is turning and moving forward, no width, nothing in the middle.

I want to believe we can get something out of this but I just can't see it.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1320 viewsJAPRANGERS

And there it is good ol' Charity Park Rangers in action. Might as well change the name officially.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1314 viewskensalriser

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:53 - Dec 26 by karlski

Disgraceful goal to give away. So frustrating.

Zero bravery on the ball. For this style to work you have to be willing to constantly be moving to find spaces, take the ball on the half turn, and pass it forward. None of which we appear to be capable of in this game (though we have done it with more success in others).

So far, so pathetic.

Zero movement off the ball.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 with 1304 viewsRs_Holy

as mentioned previously this really reminds me of London derbies i used to attend... At this point I'd be saying "well the manager will be giving them the hair dryer now and we are going to see a completely different performance in the 2nd half" .... then the 2nd half kicks off and after a couple of minutes I'm thinking 'shall we just go home'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024