Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread 11:59 - Dec 25 with 44733 viewsTomS

As the song continues, temptations on his way. You look at the form table, see Millwall struggling and think to yourself 'you know what, we can win this'.

The thing about new managerial bounces is that gravity eventually kicks in and you revert back to the level you should have been at all along. We won three in a row, but the feel good factor is beginning to wear off. We should have earned more than one point from our last three outings, but didn't. Gravity is holding us back from our desired ascent up the table. We cannot score as often as we need to, as we don't have (m)any natural goalscorers on the team. Pot shots from 60
yards don't usually result in goals.

So what's going to happen against Millwall? There won't be many goals scored in this one. I think we'll continue to frustrate ourselves and will fail to score, but will suffer from another momentary lapse of
concentration in defence and will lose 1-0.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1892 viewshoops_legend

I think we have been poor and things aren’t going great but we are still 100 x better under Marti and let’s not start blaming him..
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1891 viewsBakes

I for one can’t wait to see how Clive describes this absolute shambles of a goal, weak as piss cross, 4 defenders, all 4 watching the ball. 2 oppos players free at the back post and Field jumps out of the way of the ball instead of clearing it, meanwhile Begovic is frozen.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1875 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:58 - Dec 26 by Ned_Kennedys

New manager bounce well and truly over: this squad will get us relegated.
Need to use the transfer window very wisely and get better players in who are able/willing to play for the new manager and the style he wants.

Not sacking Ainsworth at the end of last season and giving him the summer to rebuild will see us relegated. This team simply isn’t good enough to carry the handicap of a non league level manager for a third of the season.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1864 viewsBushRanger82

Worst squad of players I have seen down the Rangers in 50 odd years of going.

Even Pep would have his work cut out making a silk purse out of our Sow's ear of a football club.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 1813 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:55 - Dec 26 by rbee

After a great start we have really levelled out under Marti, I wonder why.

The lack of a Championship quality striker really doesn't help but we are firmly back to not creating much.

The players are shite... and have been under the last four managers.They are beyond defending now. There's your pattern.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 1811 viewsJimthehip

That is so bad it physically hurts
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 1814 viewsLowerloftLad

Lose this and its game over we have a massive 45mins ahead

Here is the current trend
October ohh it's only 14games-bottom three
November ohh its only 19 games-bottom three
December ohh its only 24 games-bottom three

Pull your F£#king fingers out and do it now

Otherwise will have ohhh its only January 30 games played and still be sitting in the bottom facking three.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 14:05]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:05 - Dec 26 with 1792 viewslassel

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:55 - Dec 26 by rbee

After a great start we have really levelled out under Marti, I wonder why.

The lack of a Championship quality striker really doesn't help but we are firmly back to not creating much.

Because Cannon cannot play 3 times a week so has to be rotated, yet Marti once again goes with Kakay who we have empirical evidence is nowhere near the standard required instead of Drewe for example who literally cannot be worse.

He also keeps setting up with Chair out on the left where he ends up too far from
Dykes and as much as I love him, is criminally easy to defend against.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:05 - Dec 26 with 1784 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:57 - Dec 26 by Gus_iom

I'm not sure if Dozzell is supposed to be pushing up and supporting Dykes. Not sure Dozzell knows either.
Dunne and Kakay is an axis of doom today.

Dozzell is meant to be pushed up behind Dykes, with Chair and Smyth wide.
Dykes is completely isolated, Dozzell has picked up one second ball that whole half.

Dunne, Kakay, Dozzell and most of the bench are simply not good enough. Xmas miracle needed second half.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:05 - Dec 26 with 1781 viewsSherryHoop

Cannon, Willock and Dixon-Bonner need to come on.

Marti needs to stick closer to a first 11 and rotate when there are injuries and suspension. His rotation is costing us leads in games and we don't have the confidence or firepower to come from behind. Bit of a tinker man.

Just hope we can score early and snatch this one. It's there for the taking. We need a result. Come on you Rs... surprise us all.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:06 - Dec 26 with 1759 viewsdavman

65% possession. Two shots. Two. Natch both off target. Create NOTHING. Shite strikers, shite midfielders, not very good defenders. Ainsworth's Dressing Room Police all injured apart from the silent goalkeeper.

Still at least we've managed to give Albert Adomah a day out from his care home to sit on our bench. Will look forward to his turn round the pitch later to stretch his legs...

Merry Xmas.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:06 - Dec 26 with 1731 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:56 - Dec 26 by Dorse

I would have gone with cock juggling thundercunce but, I have been drinking.

😁
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:06 - Dec 26 with 1739 viewsNorthantsHoop

From that 1st half normal service resumed, remains to be seen if we get anything out of this, suppose there is always hope.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:06 - Dec 26 with 1704 viewsDorse

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:00 - Dec 26 by Gus_iom

Does that affect your cock juggling?

Well, it hasn't helped, to be honest. If anything, I'd have to say that I faded significantly in the third act.

Edit - spelling. Damn you alcoholism!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 14:08]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:09 - Dec 26 with 1582 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:57 - Dec 26 by paulparker

I’ve never known a team concede such stupid goals at stupid times and to sH1t teams
I got pelters saying we were down even with our few wins from the last week the talk of finnishing top six was embarrassing
I really hope Marti has clean broom for next season and ships out Dozzell, Field, Kakay, Dykes and Dunne , all of them are truly woeful

I hope those you mention are out of contract in the summer, as no one with any standards would want them. Stealing a good living.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:10 - Dec 26 with 1515 viewsSherryHoop

No changes at half time.....hmmm

This midfield is not working
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:11 - Dec 26 with 1468 viewsgazza1

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:55 - Dec 26 by lassel

For someone who is a self professed football expert I’m surprised you didn’t see Kakay leave his position to track the (offside) man into the middle and leave the freedom of The Den for the cross.

He tracked his man, it left a big gap on the right hand side, the ball was crossed and it was not intercepted.........Kakay had to track his man in the penalty box and he may have followed him to an offside position but it was all too late by then.

Look at the initial start of the attack, how Field & Clark-Salter & Lachache did but hey, pick on Kakay - all his fault!!!!
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:12 - Dec 26 with 1445 viewsBoston

Dear gawd. Thank the lord they're as poor as us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:13 - Dec 26 with 1414 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:59 - Dec 26 by Jimthehip

We desperately need players.

And fit ones as well. What a waste of time Cook,Fox and Colback have been. Chris Martin is better than any of them.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:13 - Dec 26 with 1386 viewsJAY

this is dire. there are a few players on this pitch that are playing about 3 leagues above their level.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:14 - Dec 26 with 1339 viewsMick_S

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:12 - Dec 26 by Boston

Dear gawd. Thank the lord they're as poor as us.

Millwall are rotten. Not an ounce of pace in their side. Get the subs on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:14 - Dec 26 with 1334 viewsR_from_afar

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 13:54 - Dec 26 by kensalriser

Zero movement off the ball.

It's what we do

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:15 - Dec 26 with 1284 viewsgazza1

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:05 - Dec 26 by lassel

Because Cannon cannot play 3 times a week so has to be rotated, yet Marti once again goes with Kakay who we have empirical evidence is nowhere near the standard required instead of Drewe for example who literally cannot be worse.

He also keeps setting up with Chair out on the left where he ends up too far from
Dykes and as much as I love him, is criminally easy to defend against.

Did you see Drewe against relegated side Blackpool away last season?? You probably did but you do not understand.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:15 - Dec 26 with 1280 viewsBoston

Lovely move, Chair looked on side to me.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 14:16]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:16 - Dec 26 with 1254 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 by hoops_legend

I think we have been poor and things aren’t going great but we are still 100 x better under Marti and let’s not start blaming him..

Slight exaggeration. It wouldn't have taken much to improve on GA...but this isn't the managers fault anyway. The gobs in the shirts are the problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024