Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie 19:29 - Jan 1 with 8640 viewsGaryBannister86

Normally it drives me absolutely nuts when we throw away cup ties and don't play our strongest 11. On this occasion, and considering our 1st XI would almost certainly lose to Bournemouth's youth team anyway, I guess we've got no option but to play kids throughout. Not sure we have enough though?

I see on the ticketing site we've barely sold a ticket. Still £25 for safe standing seems like a missed opportunity not to virtually give the tickets away, but that ship has sailed.

So who will Marti play? Even if recovered, I am guessing it makes no sense to play Chair, Willock, Cook.

I know Archer is hopeless but a good opportunity to give Begovic more time on his more important interests - what a shame Mahoney is injured and Walsh off on loan.

Kolli injured too, maybe, so...

Archer
Cannon (keep him going, I say)
Fox
Dunne
Lakersche
EDB
Er Um
Er Um
Armstrong
Kelman
Er Um

Bournemouth's youth team will be shaking in their boots....
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:14 - Jan 1 with 5477 viewswortonr

There are some development squad layers worth a game like Pedder, Aoraha, Bala.
Plus if we get a draw would be some to money maybe? Which might pay for a loan. I think we need to have a go.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:27 - Jan 1 with 5432 viewsdavman

Just raffle spaces off to the crowd. Not going to be any worse is it? Would have been tempted if it weren't for the fact that we are god awful and the thought of the "second string" getting game time fills me with utter, utter dread. I do not subscribe to the love in for the Development Squad. Just because they are top of their league means nothing - my prediction is that not one of them will have played 50 games for QPR by 2027.
[Post edited 2 Jan 0:38]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:43 - Jan 1 with 5373 viewsStJude82

Unfortunately too many of our best players seem to have legs of glass. We cant risk losing anyone, really. Even if we had the miracle of beating Bournemouth, how far would we get? Sadly we have to play a weak side that is hopefully well drilled and can suppress them enough not to be embarrassed. This is what it has come to. The Development Squad is Ferdinand's legacy to us and I agree with your prediction.
[Post edited 1 Jan 22:47]
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:44 - Jan 1 with 5361 viewscolinallcars

Put Richards in goal.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:18 - Jan 1 with 5268 viewsdaveB

pick our best available team and go mad to try and actually win a game of football

Players can injured in training as easily as a game, just try and build some bloody momentum
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:28 - Jan 1 with 5234 viewsozexile

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:18 - Jan 1 by daveB

pick our best available team and go mad to try and actually win a game of football

Players can injured in training as easily as a game, just try and build some bloody momentum

Hallelujah someone speaking sense. It says something that were second bottom in the league and fans still want us to sack off the cups.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:30 - Jan 1 with 5234 viewsQPROslo

Apparently Marti has already said Chair and Cook won't be ready for Bournemouth, possibly ok for Watford. Willock a doubt for Bornemouth.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 05:58 - Jan 2 with 5019 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 23:30 - Jan 1 by QPROslo

Apparently Marti has already said Chair and Cook won't be ready for Bournemouth, possibly ok for Watford. Willock a doubt for Bornemouth.

Sounds like he's getting the club's excuses in early.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:11 - Jan 2 with 4921 viewsGaryBannister86

Actually, I don't disagree with you. Given the news that the main ones won't be fit, I was just considering what Marti would actually do.

If it was down to me, I would always prioritise cup ties, for the very reasons you mention.

We could do with some sort of lift, I just can't see it happening.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:35 - Jan 2 with 4844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For once, I don't think it matters as our available squad is so small that if you're fit, you're playing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 08:38 - Jan 2 with 4838 viewsNushnool

Treat it as any other game, one that you want to win as much as all the others.

The fact that we have next to zero chance of winning it at the moment is irrelevant.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:27 - Jan 2 with 4745 viewsQPR_John

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:14 - Jan 1 by wortonr

There are some development squad layers worth a game like Pedder, Aoraha, Bala.
Plus if we get a draw would be some to money maybe? Which might pay for a loan. I think we need to have a go.

Have you seen Bournemouth’s home attendance lately
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:33 - Jan 2 with 4701 viewsknocker

Play waste of space Richards for 90 mins.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:42 - Jan 2 with 4644 viewsPunteR

More players are getting "injured" in the "warm up" these days it seems.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:44 - Jan 2 with 4627 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:42 - Jan 2 by PunteR

More players are getting "injured" in the "warm up" these days it seems.

That does seem odd. That's two at least now.

Maybe they're just doing (and failing) pre-match fitness tests?

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:44 - Jan 2 with 4626 viewsRs_Holy

Now you're just being silly!
[Post edited 2 Jan 22:59]
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 4596 viewshorshamHoop

I am fairly sure that at least 4 of our squad have played almost all of the last 4 league games in a 10 day period.

Field, Paal, Dozzell and Clarke Salter

For me they should be rested, therefore avoid injury and recover for what is a key month of fixtures in January.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:54 - Jan 2 with 4570 viewsPunteR

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:44 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

That does seem odd. That's two at least now.

Maybe they're just doing (and failing) pre-match fitness tests?

There's been a few. I haven't been keeping track of them but i think you're being generous with just two players. I think Willock has had at least two on his own.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 10:07 - Jan 2 with 4514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:54 - Jan 2 by PunteR

There's been a few. I haven't been keeping track of them but i think you're being generous with just two players. I think Willock has had at least two on his own.

Possibly. I did say "at least" as I couldn't remember.

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 10:08 - Jan 2 with 4509 viewsNorthernr

Approach it however you like, won't make much difference with this group of players.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 10:09 - Jan 2 with 4499 viewsozexile

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 09:54 - Jan 2 by PunteR

It's the new way. Last season was sit down on the pitch with your arm in the air when you don't fancy it.
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 10:14 - Jan 2 with 4454 viewsStJude82

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 22:44 - Jan 1 by colinallcars

Put Richards in goal.

"Put Richards in goal."

Without gloves.
[Post edited 2 Jan 10:15]
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 10:24 - Jan 2 with 4420 viewsted_hendrix

3rd round of the FA cup always a game I looked forward to. home or away made no difference as It was a game that in all honesty wasn't the be-all and end-all of the season and some light relief from the rigours of league football.
Hand on heart I have unfortunately been affected by a virus that is sweeping through our playing staff at our club at the moment and the medical term for that virus Is ""I dont give a toss either""
So ""I dont give a toss either""

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:24 - Jan 2 with 4330 viewsThird_Division_South

Is the correct answer!
Our approach to Bournemouth cup tie on 11:25 - Jan 2 with 4321 viewsTheChef

Any estimates on the attendance?

Definitely sub 10,000.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024