Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Post Match 19:33 - Jan 6 with 4942 viewsRangersw12

Don't really disagree with any of that.

Marti Post Match on 19:44 - Jan 6 with 4093 viewsHastings_Hoops

On set pieces… “The club knows my opinion. How we can improve this. My job is to work with the tools we have and get the best out of them for now”
…interesting.

Also interesting that he called Armstrong out twice for losing his mark on their goal.
Marti Post Match on 19:59 - Jan 6 with 3987 viewsNortholt_Rs

Marti Post Match on 19:44 - Jan 6 by Hastings_Hoops

On set pieces… “The club knows my opinion. How we can improve this. My job is to work with the tools we have and get the best out of them for now”
…interesting.

Also interesting that he called Armstrong out twice for losing his mark on their goal.

“They’re shìt and I know they are!”

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Marti Post Match on 20:00 - Jan 6 with 3981 viewsRangersw12

Marti Post Match on 19:44 - Jan 6 by Hastings_Hoops

…interesting.

Maybe he wants a set piece coach or something or a new CB !?

An interesting comment none the less
[Post edited 6 Jan 20:00]
Marti Post Match on 20:11 - Jan 6 with 3909 viewsRangersw12

He expands a little bit on the comment here , must be about new signings
Marti Post Match on 20:20 - Jan 6 with 3860 viewsbaz_qpr

Marti Post Match on 20:11 - Jan 6 by Rangersw12

He expands a little bit on the comment here , must be about new signings

and sounds like we aint getting any. I really think Hoos owes it the fans to be upfront and honest about the situation
Marti Post Match on 22:20 - Jan 6 with 3452 viewsbosh67

Marti Post Match on 20:20 - Jan 6 by baz_qpr

and sounds like we aint getting any. I really think Hoos owes it the fans to be upfront and honest about the situation

Totally agree.

We've finally got a big asset in Marti and Lee Hoos and co need to come clean about what he will be given to try and keep us up. If it's nothing then the least we should be told is how they would convince Marti to stay and what he would then get to dismantle and rebuild in L1.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Post Match on 23:10 - Jan 6 with 3278 viewsstainrods_elbow

He looks fraught, fed-up, and sadly well on his way to being QPRed. It's clear he's saying, not so much reading between the lines as just listening to him speak, that he doesn't (and never did) believe this squad is up to it, new personnel are needed, and he isn't a good enough coach to improve them significantly. I wonder if the Board will see it that way if he takes us down (playing better football at times than under Gareth, sure, but to no avail) and back him in L1 (assuming he wants to stay) if we sink too readily.

Tbh, I don't trust anyone at the club anymore to do anything, so all I have is that last human sentimentality: irrational hope. When the tea lady gets a brew on, she probably misses the pot when she pours in the water!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti Post Match on 23:14 - Jan 6 with 3275 viewsAntti_Heinola

Marti Post Match on 22:20 - Jan 6 by bosh67

Totally agree.

We've finally got a big asset in Marti and Lee Hoos and co need to come clean about what he will be given to try and keep us up. If it's nothing then the least we should be told is how they would convince Marti to stay and what he would then get to dismantle and rebuild in L1.

I'm not totally sure that Marti was saying there's no wiggle room.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Marti Post Match on 01:09 - Jan 7 with 3066 viewsCLAREMAN1995

"the second line needs to help Dozzy Elija everybody " what a fantasy Dozzell is never going to get down and dirty for QPR.
I never heard his name mentioned in the second half when it was wave after wave of relentless pressure and of course we cracked .
I cannot wait for the ratings from Clive to see how the ghost scores and Dunne and Fox also who were very bad IMO
Marti Post Match on 01:46 - Jan 7 with 3014 viewsSceivious

I agreed with everything that he said. Often I don't like managers calling out individuals publicly because players use it as an excuse to force a move or down tools. However, I think this squad are aware by now that their consistent underperformance has been getting managers sacked since the tail end of the Warburton era. Fans are behind Cifuentes and if the players try to rebel now then it is them that will face the ire of the fans not Marti. They have no credit in the bank.

I can also see where his frustration comes from. Watching it back and seeing Sinclair make a brief sprint well after Tavernier has clearly got the run on him and then shrugging when the ball hits the net (like all attackers do when they lose their man at a set piece) winds me up as a fan. As a manager that is trying to make the most of his only chance in English football it must be infuriating.
Marti Post Match on 04:55 - Jan 7 with 2892 viewsThe_Beast1976

Marti Post Match on 23:10 - Jan 6 by stainrods_elbow

He looks fraught, fed-up, and sadly well on his way to being QPRed. It's clear he's saying, not so much reading between the lines as just listening to him speak, that he doesn't (and never did) believe this squad is up to it, new personnel are needed, and he isn't a good enough coach to improve them significantly. I wonder if the Board will see it that way if he takes us down (playing better football at times than under Gareth, sure, but to no avail) and back him in L1 (assuming he wants to stay) if we sink too readily.

Tbh, I don't trust anyone at the club anymore to do anything, so all I have is that last human sentimentality: irrational hope. When the tea lady gets a brew on, she probably misses the pot when she pours in the water!

".....and he isn't a good enough coach to improve them significantly". There is no coach in the world who could improve this shower.

Your constant digs at MC in various threads is notable. Thankfully no-one agrees with you though, and they never will no matter how many times you try to make your (misguided) point in different ways.

Whatever happens this season, I look forward to MC starting again with us in the Summer.

As for the board, that's a different matter entirely (they all need to go with the players)
[Post edited 7 Jan 5:05]
Marti Post Match on 05:27 - Jan 7 with 2845 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti Post Match on 04:55 - Jan 7 by The_Beast1976

".....and he isn't a good enough coach to improve them significantly". There is no coach in the world who could improve this shower.

Your constant digs at MC in various threads is notable. Thankfully no-one agrees with you though, and they never will no matter how many times you try to make your (misguided) point in different ways.

Whatever happens this season, I look forward to MC starting again with us in the Summer.

As for the board, that's a different matter entirely (they all need to go with the players)

Why do you think I care whether people agree with me or not about anything, and why be so attached to the self-importance of 'having a view' anyway? As Oscar Wilde put it with his inimitable brand of sophistication, 'whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong'.

Most people here, myself included, are wildly and continuously contradictory about all things QPR depending on which way the wind is blowing. It's a gloriously futile football message board, not a court of law. Football fanatics are irrational and emotional crazies by definition.

What's more notable is your smug and superior need to cling to a majority (black and white) view at the expense of any nuance or critical thinking. I speak for myself as an individual, as I see it, which is all anyone can do, and more often than not just to stir the pot so I don't get bored. If you need to be a sheep, great, but don't come baa-ing to me about it! I've made my points for the sake of sport, with arguments, so if you can't/won't/don't want to engage with that, no problem, just stay safely in the group mind.
[Post edited 7 Jan 5:36]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti Post Match on 07:23 - Jan 7 with 2786 viewsBushRanger82

I'm getting totally fed up with our shite defence trying to play out from the back.
As happened less than a week ago against Cardiff, our utter inability to do in three passes, what should only take a single goal kick to do, cost us goals.
If Marti is insisting that those hopeless twonks keep doing that, then he's gonna lose me as a supporter of his.
One more display of incompetence from Begovich, Dunne, and Co, against Watford next Sunday, and that's it, I'll wipe my hands of Cifuentes.
Marti Post Match on 07:34 - Jan 7 with 2764 viewsFDC

Marti Post Match on 07:23 - Jan 7 by BushRanger82

I'm getting totally fed up with our shite defence trying to play out from the back.
As happened less than a week ago against Cardiff, our utter inability to do in three passes, what should only take a single goal kick to do, cost us goals.
If Marti is insisting that those hopeless twonks keep doing that, then he's gonna lose me as a supporter of his.
One more display of incompetence from Begovich, Dunne, and Co, against Watford next Sunday, and that's it, I'll wipe my hands of Cifuentes.

Tricky one though, because don't forget how often under ainsworth we saw long balls come straight back because nothing stuck up front, we don't have a decent hold up player.

The problems we have playing out from the back are at least in part because players like Dozzell go missing rather than showing for a pass under pressure.

On balance I'd rather see Marti try to impose a style of play and philosophy
Marti Post Match on 07:39 - Jan 7 with 2751 viewsThGrimRanger

he’s gone all Critchley - there’s no way the players will accept that. we’re now going around in circles ffs

TheGrimRanger

Marti Post Match on 09:08 - Jan 7 with 2521 viewsOldPedro

Marti Post Match on 07:34 - Jan 7 by FDC

Tricky one though, because don't forget how often under ainsworth we saw long balls come straight back because nothing stuck up front, we don't have a decent hold up player.

The problems we have playing out from the back are at least in part because players like Dozzell go missing rather than showing for a pass under pressure.

On balance I'd rather see Marti try to impose a style of play and philosophy

Thing is when we went left to Fox and Larkeche, we didn't seem to be under as much pressure as when we went to Dunne and Drewe. It looked to me that the issue was that Dunne took more time/touches than Fox which then put Drewe under more pressure than Larkeche. It aslo may have been that Bournemouth pressed better on our right than on our left.

Despite this, Begovic chose the Dunne option more often than the Fox option. If me and my 16 year old could see and understand this, why can't an experienced international goalkeeper???

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Marti Post Match on 09:16 - Jan 7 with 2487 viewsgazza1

Playing out from the back......difficult and it is a constant worry. I do not really like it but I'm afraid that is the way it is. There are times when it is wrong to play short and the players need to make good decisions at the right times during the game. There are many benefits from playing from the back but it is dangerous and we will concede - all clubs will. If it is done properly it makes a lot of space further up the field where we can score goals and win matches. The GA way was not good at all as we all saw who understand football.

Football tactics are very important nowadays.....
Marti Post Match on 09:23 - Jan 7 with 2445 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Marti Post Match on 05:27 - Jan 7 by stainrods_elbow

Why do you think I care whether people agree with me or not about anything, and why be so attached to the self-importance of 'having a view' anyway? As Oscar Wilde put it with his inimitable brand of sophistication, 'whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong'.

Most people here, myself included, are wildly and continuously contradictory about all things QPR depending on which way the wind is blowing. It's a gloriously futile football message board, not a court of law. Football fanatics are irrational and emotional crazies by definition.

What's more notable is your smug and superior need to cling to a majority (black and white) view at the expense of any nuance or critical thinking. I speak for myself as an individual, as I see it, which is all anyone can do, and more often than not just to stir the pot so I don't get bored. If you need to be a sheep, great, but don't come baa-ing to me about it! I've made my points for the sake of sport, with arguments, so if you can't/won't/don't want to engage with that, no problem, just stay safely in the group mind.
[Post edited 7 Jan 5:36]

You deliberately put comments on here, that you know will wind people up, so you don't get bored? Nice attitude.
Marti Post Match on 09:57 - Jan 7 with 2322 viewsQPunkR

I'm done to death with our short goal kick routines, we may as well just give away corners FFS as these players aren't able to execute the plan, such as it is.

I understand that's the way MartĂ­ wants the game to be played and instructs the players to do so, but if he can't see that we're utterly incapable of doing this right and just land ourselves needlessly in the shĂŻt every. Single. Time - then frankly I question his managerial nous and/or sanity

QPR - "shit but local"

Marti Post Match on 10:16 - Jan 7 with 2233 viewsFDC

Marti Post Match on 09:08 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

Thing is when we went left to Fox and Larkeche, we didn't seem to be under as much pressure as when we went to Dunne and Drewe. It looked to me that the issue was that Dunne took more time/touches than Fox which then put Drewe under more pressure than Larkeche. It aslo may have been that Bournemouth pressed better on our right than on our left.

Despite this, Begovic chose the Dunne option more often than the Fox option. If me and my 16 year old could see and understand this, why can't an experienced international goalkeeper???

Yeah fair. I assume because they wanted to attack with Smyth on the right rather than Dykes on the left, not sure?
Marti Post Match on 10:26 - Jan 7 with 2184 viewsSydneyRs

Marti Post Match on 04:55 - Jan 7 by The_Beast1976

This. Whatever division we are in we need to try and keep him. He knows what we need and in time will be able to deliver.
Marti Post Match on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 2095 viewsRangersw12

Dunne is the issue with playing out from the back

Like someone else said he takes extra touches and puts the other defenders under pressure

Have to question why Begovic continues to pass it to Dunne when Fox was doing a far better job .

Some of the comments on this thread though just beggar belief to be honest . Marti seems to be the only decent thing about the club at the moment and if we run out another manager then we deserve everything we get as a fanbase
Marti Post Match on 11:38 - Jan 7 with 1983 viewsTheChef

Marti Post Match on 09:08 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

Well yes so like you say you take the less risky option and pass to Fox more.

Got to stage the Bournemouth fans were pissing themselves every time Dunne got the ball.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti Post Match on 11:44 - Jan 7 with 1963 viewsbosh67

Marti Post Match on 10:47 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

Dunne is the issue with playing out from the back

Like someone else said he takes extra touches and puts the other defenders under pressure

Have to question why Begovic continues to pass it to Dunne when Fox was doing a far better job .

Some of the comments on this thread though just beggar belief to be honest . Marti seems to be the only decent thing about the club at the moment and if we run out another manager then we deserve everything we get as a fanbase

Someone needs to put an arm around Dunne. We saw Dickie got through this. It's a lack of confidence issue. He was excellent form quite some time when he came here, much like Dickie.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Post Match on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 1951 viewsBklynRanger

Second time he's mentioned 'the club' knowing what he feels needs to be done. Think it was after the Millwall game he said that people know 'at all levels of the club' what's needed.

Slightly worried we get tonked all January and he walks after the window shuts saying the only-minimal backing he was expecting hasn't happened. Hopefully not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024