Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36875 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 13:32 - Jan 13 with 2284 viewsMedwayR

A lot of what he says regarding the football side of things, identity etc are exactly the sort of things that Sir Les said when he started as DoF, and also the sort of things that we all say as it's bloody obvious. Time will tell whether he can actually deliver on his words.

Poll: Who’s better?

New CEO appointed on 13:33 - Jan 13 with 2269 viewsnumptydumpty

New CEO appointed on 12:34 - Jan 13 by OldPedro

Bradford sacked Hughes back in Oct 2023

Wonder what project he will interview the prospective boards management team next.

Vauxhall Motors perhaps. Best place for him !!! 🤣
[Post edited 13 Jan 13:34]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

New CEO appointed on 13:49 - Jan 13 with 2216 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New CEO appointed on 12:40 - Jan 13 by Nov77

Yes, what we really need now is a bit of ‘beginner’s luck’.

Ahh yes, thats the new CEO bounce that's proved so illusive over the years.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New CEO appointed on 13:56 - Jan 13 with 2190 viewsNorthernr

ted, as ever, verbalising my thoughts...

New CEO appointed on 14:03 - Jan 13 with 2129 viewsBurnleyhoop

New CEO appointed on 12:05 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

One thing to consider though, if either Beale or Ainsworth had taken us to 7th last season with those same players we’d consider that minor success but would still be in the same financial position right now.

The problems with this club are accumulative and decades old, not a sudden calamitous result of the last 18 months.
[Post edited 13 Jan 12:09]

True, but getting the decision right after Warburton was our last chance at redemption before emptying the jam jar completely and leaving us penniless and unable to retrieve the situation.

Our new CEO has now confirmed that there is not a penny available to improve the squad this month and that will all but relegates us. If we can field our best eleven every game from now until the end of the season, we may have a chance, but with our bunch of crocks, there is no chance whatsoever.

What’s done is done and on reflection I’m sure the departing Hoo’s will concede that, apart from the new training facility, the last 10 years has been an unmitigated disaster.
New CEO appointed on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 2093 viewsBoston

...women and children first.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New CEO appointed on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 1978 viewsSonofpugwash

Yep.Just a different cheek of the same festering,purulent arse.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New CEO appointed on 16:31 - Jan 13 with 1761 viewsdm97

New CEO appointed on 22:49 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Now here you and I are aligned. Several of the lines in that interview felt cherry picked from QPR socials and message boards.

Is that a terrible thing? These people aren’t fans, and no matter how much they try we all know that - a good executive should be a bit removed from it all imo. Doing their research into what the mood music is doesn’t particularly trouble me, shows some care and a degree of seriousness
[Post edited 13 Jan 16:37]
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 20:14 - Jan 13 with 1475 viewsswisscottage

New CEO appointed on 21:20 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

This is where I’m at, I think. Sceptical but I don’t think any investors or experienced CEOs are willing to go near us presently.

Ruben was an executive Director as Westports Malaysia at 30, CEO at 40. 18th biggest seaport in the world.
Tony Fernandez started Air Asia at 31
Richard Reilly President of Rough Brothers in his early 30s.

Granted they all had 4 or 5 years on him when they took over their roles, and to be fair Ruben and Reilly were taking over family businesses and were tailored for them.

But you can see why our owners won't necessarily see age as an impediment to ability when you look at their profiles.
New CEO appointed on 20:38 - Jan 13 with 1355 viewsHunterhoop

New CEO appointed on 20:14 - Jan 13 by swisscottage

Ruben was an executive Director as Westports Malaysia at 30, CEO at 40. 18th biggest seaport in the world.
Tony Fernandez started Air Asia at 31
Richard Reilly President of Rough Brothers in his early 30s.

Granted they all had 4 or 5 years on him when they took over their roles, and to be fair Ruben and Reilly were taking over family businesses and were tailored for them.

But you can see why our owners won't necessarily see age as an impediment to ability when you look at their profiles.

Oh, of course, I can see why they appointed him. It’s natural that people who have been appointed into top jobs at a young age don’t see age as an obstacle to success. It’s obvious.

But it doesn’t make it right.

Our owners aren’t necessarily great businessmen. They are lucky. They might be good businessmen. There is huge amounts of nepotism involved in their wealth and opportunities, and there is luck (as there is with everyone successful), and in Fernandes’ case, a huge amount given the business he could pick up at the time he did.

How much of their wealth relates to decisions they’ve made in their career? Subjective.

Capitalism has a weird thing of making people believe that the people with lots of capital and assets (especially) and high income are automatically smart. It’s more true of the latter (but not always) and less true of the former, which is often due to the previous generations (or huge luck based on macro scenarios).

Hopefully this fella is a genius. Hopefully he has new ideas. Hopefully he has fresh vision and approach. And most importantly, hopefully he can get stuff done. That skillet is vastly underrated and rarely one consultants have (or some types of Oxbridge grads too).
New CEO appointed on 20:42 - Jan 13 with 1336 viewsSharpy36

New CEO appointed on 20:38 - Jan 13 by Hunterhoop

Oh, of course, I can see why they appointed him. It’s natural that people who have been appointed into top jobs at a young age don’t see age as an obstacle to success. It’s obvious.

But it doesn’t make it right.

Our owners aren’t necessarily great businessmen. They are lucky. They might be good businessmen. There is huge amounts of nepotism involved in their wealth and opportunities, and there is luck (as there is with everyone successful), and in Fernandes’ case, a huge amount given the business he could pick up at the time he did.

How much of their wealth relates to decisions they’ve made in their career? Subjective.

Capitalism has a weird thing of making people believe that the people with lots of capital and assets (especially) and high income are automatically smart. It’s more true of the latter (but not always) and less true of the former, which is often due to the previous generations (or huge luck based on macro scenarios).

Hopefully this fella is a genius. Hopefully he has new ideas. Hopefully he has fresh vision and approach. And most importantly, hopefully he can get stuff done. That skillet is vastly underrated and rarely one consultants have (or some types of Oxbridge grads too).

He can put some lipstick on us, then roll us in glitter.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

New CEO appointed on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1183 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New CEO appointed on 12:05 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

One thing to consider though, if either Beale or Ainsworth had taken us to 7th last season with those same players we’d consider that minor success but would still be in the same financial position right now.

The problems with this club are accumulative and decades old, not a sudden calamitous result of the last 18 months.
[Post edited 13 Jan 12:09]

They're not decades' old though. We were promoted to the Premier League as Champions in 2011, so less than 13 years.
New CEO appointed on 21:53 - Jan 13 with 1161 viewsFredManRave

New CEO appointed on 10:26 - Jan 13 by daveB

He does have the whiff of billy bullshitter about him

daveB confronting Christian at the first fans forum;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

New CEO appointed on 23:18 - Jan 13 with 1016 viewsdaveB

New CEO appointed on 13:56 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Jim did tell me to stop saying it last year but I stick by it, he'd have been a great CEO for us, real shame it hasn't happened
New CEO appointed on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 732 viewsJevlar

New CEO appointed on 13:56 - Jan 13 by Northernr

No longer on Twitter since Musk got involved, but always thought Ted was pretty much on the money.

I worry for us in the long term, will be going to the game today. But not looking forward to it in the slightest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024