Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 37503 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 10:02 - Jan 13 with 2140 viewsterryb

New CEO appointed on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

So we bring in a CEO with absolutely no experience of running a football club.... Let alone a basket case club like ours.

One thing I picked up on was that he referenced Marti being busy for the next 6 months.... Interesting because I thought he had a multi-year contract..... Maybe I'm reading too much into that comment but noticing what others have said about Marti being unhappy could there be an agreement that he departs at the end of the season?

I've got horrible feeling that this guy is purely a chancer. Has been offered the opportunity to play CEO for a football club and has taken it. Time will tell but that's just my gut feeling.

Somebody else on Twitter is just made a really good point, he states that he's been involved in football for 11 years but he's only 26 years old 🤨
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:34]

Why would he not be involved in football at the age of 15?

He could have been playing, coaching, refereeing, administrating, collating or watching the game at that age. Most of us were! Don't confuse involvement with being attached to a professional club!

Personally, I've been "involved" with football since the age of 4 (or earlier) when I stood on a chair looking out of the kitchen window watching older boys kicking a ball around on the waste ground. I had joined in by the time I was 6 & played for my Junior School team at the age of 8.

None of that makes me a football genius, but it has given me some knowledge of the game! Maybe ( I have no idea if he has), he has gained some knowledge as well.
[Post edited 13 Jan 10:19]
New CEO appointed on 10:18 - Jan 13 with 2065 viewsconnell10

New CEO appointed on 10:02 - Jan 13 by terryb

He could have been playing, coaching, refereeing, administrating, collating or watching the game at that age. Most of us were! Don't confuse involvement with being attached to a professional club!

Personally, I've been "involved" with football since the age of 4 (or earlier) when I stood on a chair looking out of the kitchen window watching older boys kicking a ball around on the waste ground. I had joined in by the time I was 6 & played for my Junior School team at the age of 8.

None of that makes me a football genius, but it has given me some knowledge of the game! Maybe ( I have no idea if he has), he has gained some knowledge as well.

Bring ya boots tomorrow Tel you might get a game!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New CEO appointed on 10:26 - Jan 13 with 2024 viewsdaveB

He does have the whiff of billy bullshitter about him
New CEO appointed on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 2002 viewsGaryBannister86

New CEO appointed on 10:26 - Jan 13 by daveB

He does have the whiff of billy bullshitter about him

Maybe, but what new CEO doesn't in their first interview?

Not quite sure what he was supposed to say. The whole place is a sh*tstorm, we're going to hell in a handcart, the manager's furious, the players are useless, the ground is falling apart and I can't see how we are going to stay up this season?

I mean - that wouldn't be BS. But he's not going to say that, is he?

I don't get the age criticism. Plenty of people with experience can be jaded and useless anyway. As far as I can tell, he hasn't inherited it or been given it because of his Daddy, so to me it is promising that he is felt worthy of the job at such a young age.

My fingers are crossed anyway.
[Post edited 13 Jan 10:30]
New CEO appointed on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 1955 viewsjohnhoop

If no new signings are possible within the present budget constraints, it seems the only hope of getting the reinforcements necessary to give us a chance of staying up this season is if somebody spends big on Eze, giving us a sizeable sell-on fee, with enough time before the window closes for us to acquire the players we need.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem as if that’s going to be very likely.
New CEO appointed on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1925 viewsBoston

When we play Millwall, he'll be fed to the lions.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New CEO appointed on 10:51 - Jan 13 with 1898 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Maybe I'd feel just that little bit more confident if he had some actual experience in the role. But more particularly: at a failing club and evidence of steering a ship through troubled waters to see what he's like when things are as bad as they are with potential to get worse.

That said: fresh thinking, ideas, and energy might be what he brings. If he's good enough, he's old enough, but it does seem a gamble at a crucial juncture. Either way, he has to hit the ground running and there's no time for on the job training.

Time will tell and good luck to him. QPR need someone at the helm with good thinking and the ability to deliver. He couldn't say how excited he us if he'd tried.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New CEO appointed on 10:53 - Jan 13 with 1886 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 10:02 - Jan 13 by terryb

A fairly generous assessment that though mate. If your CEO says "I've been involved in the sport for 11 years" that usually means at an exec level, or role relevant to the role he's in, not playing for Brumby Beavers U14s.
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 11:02 - Jan 13 with 1850 viewsBurnleyhoop

Whether he is any good or not, despite making all the right noises, it is too little too late.

Too much damage has been done over a lengthy and sustained period of time to save us this season. The complete imbalance of player type, capability and fitness level has left us with a wholly inadequate squad to survive in this league.

We take our medicine, accept relegation and hope that the two new guys in the building can re- build the club from its foundations without the infernal interference of the owners and their unhelpful meddling in football matters. Marti is the right choice but should have followed Warburton. The availability of Beale and his damn PowerPoint was the catalyst and start of our decent into oblivion.

I’ve accepted our fate, but remain hopeful that Christ and Marts can perform some miracles during the summer. They are going to need a very stiff brush to clean house, but clean house they must.
New CEO appointed on 11:04 - Jan 13 with 1846 viewsCateLeBonR

New CEO appointed on 09:05 - Jan 13 by lassel

I’ve posted before that I spent a long time working for a Cincinnati based company and a colleague/friend I used to go out and see regularly is very active in the local sports scene. He said that Reilly was well known as the bagman for the Lindner family and the rumour was that Reilly had joined the board on their behalf ahead of a takeover.

Reilly and Lindner III are in the ownership group of FC Cincinnati and Lindner Jr owned the Cincinnati Reds with Reilly on the board.

Now obviously nothing came of it so I assumed it was just a bad rumour, or any deal was reliant on us going up, but who knows, maybe in L1 it becomes an attractive enough proposition again for them to come in.

I remember in that interview with Amit and Ruben last year. Amit said that financial security comes with Richard Reilly or something along those lines. I always wondered what he meant as RR isn’t particularly wealthy. I mean in football ownership terms.
New CEO appointed on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 1802 viewsQPR_Jim

New CEO appointed on 11:02 - Jan 13 by Burnleyhoop

Whether he is any good or not, despite making all the right noises, it is too little too late.

Too much damage has been done over a lengthy and sustained period of time to save us this season. The complete imbalance of player type, capability and fitness level has left us with a wholly inadequate squad to survive in this league.

We take our medicine, accept relegation and hope that the two new guys in the building can re- build the club from its foundations without the infernal interference of the owners and their unhelpful meddling in football matters. Marti is the right choice but should have followed Warburton. The availability of Beale and his damn PowerPoint was the catalyst and start of our decent into oblivion.

I’ve accepted our fate, but remain hopeful that Christ and Marts can perform some miracles during the summer. They are going to need a very stiff brush to clean house, but clean house they must.

As much as I dislike Beale I think that PowerPoint was the final nail rather than the start. The issues we face now date back to the summer of '21 and spending everything we had on Johanson, Austin and Field to try and get promoted and the wheels falling off the season the following Jan when it became apparent that 2 of those players weren't fit enough for a full championship season.
New CEO appointed on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 1797 viewsBklynRanger

New CEO appointed on 10:51 - Jan 13 by PlanetHonneywood

Maybe I'd feel just that little bit more confident if he had some actual experience in the role. But more particularly: at a failing club and evidence of steering a ship through troubled waters to see what he's like when things are as bad as they are with potential to get worse.

That said: fresh thinking, ideas, and energy might be what he brings. If he's good enough, he's old enough, but it does seem a gamble at a crucial juncture. Either way, he has to hit the ground running and there's no time for on the job training.

Time will tell and good luck to him. QPR need someone at the helm with good thinking and the ability to deliver. He couldn't say how excited he us if he'd tried.

Agree with that second paragraph.

I suspect some of us (not necessarily you PH) are put off by his age in the same way you'd feel when a 20-something goes for a big role in any of our own places of work. I've seen that and cringed, but there are things that he will bring in terms of energy, ideas, a modern approach.

We all seem pretty clear that the club is seriously overstaffed for a start. It's one thing to identify that but another to do the necessary re-structure. This guy is unlikely to struggle at that I'd say. Ramsey leaving has got to be partly a product of that.

So I am going to feel uncomfortable in some ways, but am also going to give him a chance. Maybe I should be looking for more from a CEO and am worn down by our position. But Hoos was clearly burnt out - let's throw this ambitious young kid at our many problems and see how he does.
[Post edited 13 Jan 11:12]
New CEO appointed on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 1758 viewsBoston

New CEO appointed on 10:51 - Jan 13 by PlanetHonneywood

Yeah, but has he ever seen us play?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New CEO appointed on 11:29 - Jan 13 with 1700 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New CEO appointed on 11:02 - Jan 13 by Burnleyhoop

I fear you've hit the nail on its head.

When you say Christ and Marts, is that a subliminal message appealing for the second coming of Chris Martin?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

New CEO appointed on 11:56 - Jan 13 with 1582 viewsBurnleyhoop

New CEO appointed on 11:10 - Jan 13 by QPR_Jim

As much as I dislike Beale I think that PowerPoint was the final nail rather than the start. The issues we face now date back to the summer of '21 and spending everything we had on Johanson, Austin and Field to try and get promoted and the wheels falling off the season the following Jan when it became apparent that 2 of those players weren't fit enough for a full championship season.

A combination of Beale and Ainsworth emptied what available funds were left in the jam jar, but that should have been enough to save us from disaster if used wisely.

Having not learned our lessons, we again wasted the last remaining funds on Beales babes and Ainsworth’s crutch bearers. Hence our demise into absolute oblivion.

When will we ever learn?
New CEO appointed on 12:05 - Jan 13 with 1549 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New CEO appointed on 11:56 - Jan 13 by Burnleyhoop

A combination of Beale and Ainsworth emptied what available funds were left in the jam jar, but that should have been enough to save us from disaster if used wisely.

Having not learned our lessons, we again wasted the last remaining funds on Beales babes and Ainsworth’s crutch bearers. Hence our demise into absolute oblivion.

When will we ever learn?

One thing to consider though, if either Beale or Ainsworth had taken us to 7th last season with those same players we’d consider that minor success but would still be in the same financial position right now.

The problems with this club are accumulative and decades old, not a sudden calamitous result of the last 18 months.
[Post edited 13 Jan 12:09]
New CEO appointed on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 1527 viewslassel

New CEO appointed on 09:14 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Whats the difference in price to Championship QPR compared to L1 QPR ?

I would imagine the price to be the same either way - Ruben isn’t dumb, he surely knows he isn’t getting more than a few pence in the pound back out of the club and with Westports constantly growing, the club is just an unneeded distraction.

The attraction obviously next year is that a lot of these tossers are out of contract, the £25m blowout season will roll out of the FFP calculation and if/when we are in L1, the rules are a lot more flexible for a bells and whistles rebuild.

I’m only spitballing here ultimately, as said the rumour is more than 2 years old now so it’s just as likely that Reilly was the only one who got the pitch that was daft enough to go for it. I don’t believe for a second that Reilly can afford to write off his cash - I’d love to be $1 behind him but he’s not football club rich - so I can well believe he is working hard himself to find additional investment to help out.
New CEO appointed on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 1526 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New CEO appointed on 11:11 - Jan 13 by BklynRanger

Agree with that second paragraph.

I suspect some of us (not necessarily you PH) are put off by his age in the same way you'd feel when a 20-something goes for a big role in any of our own places of work. I've seen that and cringed, but there are things that he will bring in terms of energy, ideas, a modern approach.

We all seem pretty clear that the club is seriously overstaffed for a start. It's one thing to identify that but another to do the necessary re-structure. This guy is unlikely to struggle at that I'd say. Ramsey leaving has got to be partly a product of that.

So I am going to feel uncomfortable in some ways, but am also going to give him a chance. Maybe I should be looking for more from a CEO and am worn down by our position. But Hoos was clearly burnt out - let's throw this ambitious young kid at our many problems and see how he does.
[Post edited 13 Jan 11:12]

I'm not so much worried by his age, as I'm concerned about his first hand experience of guiding sinking ships. The two may well go hand in hand, but it's all reminding me of this piece...

New CEO appointed on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1506 viewsSydneyRs

I've been involved in football for over 40 years, mainly as a shit player.

Hoping we've not just appointed Tim nice but dim.
New CEO appointed on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1497 viewsQPRConor2000

There are plenty of other examples of young CEOs in the game or have been in the game, for example a certain Karren Brady became a CEO at Birmingham City when they were in financial issues when she was just 23 and that worked out well for them, and Bradford City's CEO is only 29 and they seem to be ran well as well.

At the end of the day, we have to think ahead about what the club looks like in 10 years time, the demographics of those who go to games are markedly different to what it was, the fanbase is getting a lot younger and we want to attract the next generation of fans to our club as well.

For me Christian Nourry coming in might actually end up being a shrewd move in the long term, he clearly is data driven given his past experience , from the first interview he does seem quite clued up as to what needs sorting out at the club, and hopefully he can bring something different to the table.

Lets hope he turns out the way we all want it to.
New CEO appointed on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 1455 viewsHooping_Mad

New CEO appointed on 12:12 - Jan 13 by QPRConor2000

There are plenty of other examples of young CEOs in the game or have been in the game, for example a certain Karren Brady became a CEO at Birmingham City when they were in financial issues when she was just 23 and that worked out well for them, and Bradford City's CEO is only 29 and they seem to be ran well as well.

At the end of the day, we have to think ahead about what the club looks like in 10 years time, the demographics of those who go to games are markedly different to what it was, the fanbase is getting a lot younger and we want to attract the next generation of fans to our club as well.

For me Christian Nourry coming in might actually end up being a shrewd move in the long term, he clearly is data driven given his past experience , from the first interview he does seem quite clued up as to what needs sorting out at the club, and hopefully he can bring something different to the table.

Bradford employ one Mark Hughes as manager. I feel this point detracts somewhat from the ran well narrative here.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

New CEO appointed on 12:32 - Jan 13 with 1419 viewsSydneyRs

New CEO appointed on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Hooping_Mad

Bradford employ one Mark Hughes as manager. I feel this point detracts somewhat from the ran well narrative here.

Brentford and Brighton are run well. Bradford and Birmingham do not spring to mind in such conversations.

Birmingham just sacked Wayne Rooney, who they sacked a half decent manager to appoint. I realise its a long time since Brady was there, but do not recall her pulling up any trees during her time there. Was good for a few headlines I suppose.
New CEO appointed on 12:34 - Jan 13 with 1401 viewsOldPedro

New CEO appointed on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Hooping_Mad

Bradford sacked Hughes back in Oct 2023

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

New CEO appointed on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 1365 viewsNov77

New CEO appointed on 12:12 - Jan 13 by QPRConor2000

Yes, what we really need now is a bit of ‘beginner’s luck’.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New CEO appointed on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1242 viewsHooping_Mad

New CEO appointed on 12:34 - Jan 13 by OldPedro

Bradford sacked Hughes back in Oct 2023

Good

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024