Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36873 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 2849 viewstraininvain

New CEO appointed on 19:05 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s the case for almost every single managerial appointment in history.

People on Mars knew QPR were shit 😆

Yep, it’s the same as most jobs where someone’s appointed from outside the company. You never quite know what it’s going to be like until you start and if you then find that it’s a toxic environment where some employees can’t even be bothered to turn up to work…

Anyway, I think it’s a bit harsh to call BS on what the OP’s heard given he was a reliable source at the time Marti was appointed. Some might want to keep their heads in the sand and dismiss what he’s saying but imo it’s worrying given his track record to date.
[Post edited 12 Jan 19:14]
New CEO appointed on 19:22 - Jan 12 with 2769 viewspaulparker

New CEO appointed on 16:43 - Jan 12 by R_from_afar

Well, I think having a new CEO could be the shot in the arm we need. A new person to shake us up and sort this mess out. Now, where are my pills?

Seriously, though, I really think that. I may be wrong and this appointment may just be the prelude to us being sold. Alternatively, it may be the owners saying that the existing approach clearly isn't working and a root and branch change is needed.

Some salient points from the interview:
- Nourry has been conducting a review of the club since April, on behalf of the owners
- There will henceforth be a QPR game model, with QPR football principles, to avoid style changes. Marti will be involved in that. The club, not the manager, will drive the football strategy
- Previous actions in the three year FFP window mean we can't be active in this one
- He describes us as a proper football club with fans who know what we need in times of adversity, e.g. strong support when we desperately need a win.

I like the cut of his jib but it's all about actions, not words.

We have heard all this old toffee for years
So Il believe it when I see it quite frankly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New CEO appointed on 19:24 - Jan 12 with 2763 viewsAddinall

It's certainly a generational change.
New CEO appointed on 19:24 - Jan 12 with 2759 viewsPunteR

For some reason i feel worse about the future of the club now than i did an hour ago. Probably the fact we're not signing anyone this January.

Im not in the slightest bit impressed with this guy. Dont know why really. Just tired of this club right now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New CEO appointed on 19:26 - Jan 12 with 2743 viewsDorse

When are we allowed to start blaming him for everything?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New CEO appointed on 19:27 - Jan 12 with 2721 viewsPunteR

New CEO appointed on 19:26 - Jan 12 by Dorse

When are we allowed to start blaming him for everything?

About 1.30 pm tomorrow

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New CEO appointed on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 2603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New CEO appointed on 19:13 - Jan 12 by traininvain

Yep, it’s the same as most jobs where someone’s appointed from outside the company. You never quite know what it’s going to be like until you start and if you then find that it’s a toxic environment where some employees can’t even be bothered to turn up to work…

Anyway, I think it’s a bit harsh to call BS on what the OP’s heard given he was a reliable source at the time Marti was appointed. Some might want to keep their heads in the sand and dismiss what he’s saying but imo it’s worrying given his track record to date.
[Post edited 12 Jan 19:14]

Well, I agree it’s not nice to be rude to someone, but this is LfW isn’t it? Sort of the site trademark.

Short of photoshopping Killian Mbappe into the QPR team photo I don’t see how anyone could be mislead about our situation both football and financial.

That’s not to say he isn’t not happy, or that we are worse than he expected, who knows. But there was nowhere to hide our position or the previous 20 games. He came with his eyes open.

Anyway Lassel, not doubting you just surprised!
[Post edited 12 Jan 20:00]
New CEO appointed on 19:43 - Jan 12 with 2590 viewsderbyhoop

New CEO appointed on 19:27 - Jan 12 by PunteR

About 1.30 pm tomorrow

Could we wait until Sunday?

The comments about not being active in January and next 6 months with Marti, were worrying. But, surely, little we didn't already know.

If he can use that background in analytics as effectively as Brighton and Brentford we may turn things around. It might take a spell in L1 to do so. Nothing he said gives any hope of a short term turnaround.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 19:43 - Jan 12 with 2586 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New CEO appointed on 17:14 - Jan 12 by bosh67

Is he tall enough to play centre forward? At least he is honest enough to say that we can't afford to bring anyone in during this transfer window. It kind of feels like barring a miracle they have accepted that we are down about that we'll then be able to rebuild, with or without Marti. We are doomed but let's hope the stats save us! Good luck kiddo!

Welcome Jonah Hill!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:44 - Jan 12 with 2573 viewsR_from_afar

New CEO appointed on 19:22 - Jan 12 by paulparker

We have heard all this old toffee for years
So Il believe it when I see it quite frankly

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New CEO appointed on 19:46 - Jan 12 with 2538 viewsSonofpugwash

Poor guy,really feel for him.Rather like being appointed Chief Stoker in Hell.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New CEO appointed on 19:56 - Jan 12 with 2480 viewsAntti_Heinola

New CEO appointed on 19:43 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

Could we wait until Sunday?

The comments about not being active in January and next 6 months with Marti, were worrying. But, surely, little we didn't already know.

If he can use that background in analytics as effectively as Brighton and Brentford we may turn things around. It might take a spell in L1 to do so. Nothing he said gives any hope of a short term turnaround.

I think we can all be a bit desperate sometimes to read between the lines, especially when things are so bad. But the ‘next 6 months’ line clearly referred to keeping us in the division. It may well be marti buggers off then (who could blame him?) whatever league we’re in, but that’s not what he meant.

Bare bones.

New CEO appointed on 20:00 - Jan 12 with 2432 viewsrsocks

I wouldn’t feel sorry for him on his salary. I feel sorry for the regular supporters with another underwhelming appointment. I’ve been relatively optimistic about survival, but in light of this news and also the what is, in effect, confirmation of no additional personnel signed in January sounds very mech like the nails being hammered home on the season. I hope that I am wrong. There is no guarantee of any ‘reset’ by going down.
New CEO appointed on 20:12 - Jan 12 with 2327 viewsRangersw12

New CEO appointed on 20:00 - Jan 12 by rsocks

I wouldn’t feel sorry for him on his salary. I feel sorry for the regular supporters with another underwhelming appointment. I’ve been relatively optimistic about survival, but in light of this news and also the what is, in effect, confirmation of no additional personnel signed in January sounds very mech like the nails being hammered home on the season. I hope that I am wrong. There is no guarantee of any ‘reset’ by going down.

Out of interest what appointment would have got your approval?
New CEO appointed on 20:13 - Jan 12 with 2311 viewsaston_hoop

New CEO appointed on 20:00 - Jan 12 by rsocks

What salary is he on?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New CEO appointed on 20:17 - Jan 12 with 2269 viewsJuzzie

CEO at 26?? Either he’s the chosen one or i’ve been doing something seriously wrong all these years.
New CEO appointed on 20:31 - Jan 12 with 2168 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

New CEO appointed on 19:24 - Jan 12 by PunteR

For some reason i feel worse about the future of the club now than i did an hour ago. Probably the fact we're not signing anyone this January.

Im not in the slightest bit impressed with this guy. Dont know why really. Just tired of this club right now.

It was pretty obvious from the overspend that we were never going to sign anyone in January, so I'm the opposite and am pretty excited by this bloke.

Ooo er missus.
New CEO appointed on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 2156 viewsed_83

Wish him well and hope he proves the doubters wrong but fck me this is worrying. State of our club desperately requires someone with credibility and gravitas, not to mention experience and contacts, in the DoF role. Our long-term future depends on us finding a new stadium, and a CEO capable of developing a better relationship with the council than we’ve managed so far in order to achieve that, while also keeping the club solvent in the short term.

Instead we’ve got (even being generous / optimistic) someone with lots of statistical knowledge and insight, but absolutely no experience of running a business of this size, let alone a football club with all the extra complexity that brings, or of juggling the extremely challenging different aspects of our current situation. He might turn out to be an absolute genius, but it would be one hell of an achievement.

And surely no owners in their right mind would take a gamble of this size if there was any other choice.If their search for senior leadership turned up nobody better qualified than the guy they appointed, then it says something incredibly bleak about what those potential DoFs or CEOs see in us.

Forget relegation, which now seems a certainty: this sort of thing makes me worry about whether we’re going to have a club in a few years’ time. We’re in terminal decline, with no immediate end in sight, and the only thing going for us is a prime spot of West London real estate absolutely screaming to be turned into luxury flats.
[Post edited 12 Jan 20:36]
New CEO appointed on 20:39 - Jan 12 with 2111 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who the fck is he? Bloke looks about 15.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New CEO appointed on 20:48 - Jan 12 with 2045 viewsdavman

New CEO appointed on 17:51 - Jan 12 by mrtimharrington

"This is a club that is in central London, there is absolutely no reason that other people couldn't necessarily decide to just go and support a Premier League club at this moment in time, but the reason they don't is, they absolutely adore this place"

I have a feeling this guy does not know much about football fandom, I hope he knows more about how to run a football club...

Yep, when I heard that quote, I turned to my boy and said: " If I really had a choice, I'd have stopped supporting this lot years and years ago, but none of us do. It's stupid, it's irrational, madness, but you choose one club, you get invested and you stick with them through and through.
Every single football fan knows that. Anyone who says "I used to support QPR, but now I'm with Brentford because they are winning and in the Prem" is no kind of genuine football fan.

So, that's worrying that he doesn't acknowledge that. No idea whether he is the real deal or whether he has come in to trim the club ready for a sale. As always, only time will tell.

Good Luck, Christian...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New CEO appointed on 20:55 - Jan 12 with 2000 viewsdavman

New CEO appointed on 19:09 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Oh give over please, nobody is happy about this or enjoying it.

EXACTLY.

Just because this club brings out the worst pessimism in me, does not mean that I wanted be right when I say none of the youth team will play 50 games for QPR.

I want to be soooooo wrong, but I can't see it.

Of course I want the best for the club, but I struggle to be optimistic, happy and truly supportive when the club is delivering utter tripe on and off the pitch.

I am also genuinely only interested in performances on the pitch. Yes, it's nice that we are well into the community, but to me that is not the important bit. That first team performing is all it is about for me and if I think that the right thing to do is trim the "Academy" right back to over 18s ONLY, I'll say it.

If, however, Kolli, Pedder, Aorhoa,Hawkins, Lloyd, etc., etc. Come good fanbloodytastic. I'd much prefer that to being right. But I still know what's more likely.
[Post edited 12 Jan 20:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New CEO appointed on 21:10 - Jan 12 with 1922 viewsbaz_qpr

So having googled around he's bit of a mystery, quoted in the FT and the Guardian this year on football finance and business stories and in the Athletic in 2022 and in some US media. Couple of tiny companies at companies house. There is someone sharing his name who back in 2015 was French football English language news editor and seemed to be an expert in those leagues, not sure if it's the same guy. Degree at Oxford, Masters in 2020 in business

If I was to hazard a guess I think this is a restructure job, the company he comes from is supposed to be one that works with US and other investors to build multi club portfolios. and he is quoted in some of the articles about the advice they give around restructuring focusing on the identity of each club thinking about how you can move players around etc. So whilst he is young (and lets be honest so are most of the management consultants or SPADS heavily involved in government and large corporate firms) This very much feels like putting the right structures in place to make the club a sellable asset or investment opportunity to these growing multi club investors.

Would be amazed if he is here for more than a year at best, and tbh it looks like the right reasons because we are not tenable as a club with our ground and limited revenue as things stand
New CEO appointed on 21:15 - Jan 12 with 1892 viewsQPR_Jim

Starting with the positives, there have been comments about hoos looking tired and out of energy, so good that we have fresh blood, energy and ideas coming in.

He also seems to have a strong background in analytics, so may use data to make better decisions.

On the negative side he's quite young which will put a target on his head before he's even started.

The article in the guardian is about multi-club ownership, so possibly there's incoming investment from someone looking to add an EFL team to their portfolio but that seems unlikely.
New CEO appointed on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 1843 viewsHunterhoop

New CEO appointed on 19:00 - Jan 12 by slmrstid

Its not ageism, no person in their mid-20s anywhere has the experience required to be leading an organisation, especially one as multi-faceted as a football club, and especially one as bonkers as QPR, and those that do are either a rare visionary in the Jobs/Gates style (err...unlikely here I'd say), there because of nepotism (the bloke at Sunderland is young and has a rich daddy who has put him there and is such a genius he claimed having no knowledge of their club bar being painted in Newcastle colours) or are just complete grifters and chancers (see recent crypto bros at Crawley).

That said it wouldn't surprise me if the place is so chaotic at the minute that any competent executive worth their salt wouldn't touch our place with a barge pole.

Making a pretty big thing on the official announcement that these RETEXO people identified Marti...they did an excellent job of identifying someone we already knew about and enquired about twelve months prior before Beale got the gig. Consultancy fees well earned their lads, trebles all round!
[Post edited 12 Jan 19:01]

This is where I’m at, I think. Sceptical but I don’t think any investors or experienced CEOs are willing to go near us presently.
New CEO appointed on 21:29 - Jan 12 with 1762 viewscollegeranger

New CEO appointed on 20:39 - Jan 12 by Northolt_Rs

Who the fck is he? Bloke looks about 15.

Luke Littler's doubles partner!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024