Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36872 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 17:14 - Jan 12 with 3050 viewsloftus77

New CEO appointed on 17:00 - Jan 12 by hubble

We couldn't afjord him.

Very good. Maybe he'll help Marti bring in some Norwegians....
New CEO appointed on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 3020 viewslave16

New CEO appointed on 17:09 - Jan 12 by E17hoop

Same

Maybe it was a game of Blind Date for CEO's and he said I'm Christian from Newry - I like hoops, horse-riding and value Altruism and the CEO version of Cilla Black said brilliant we have the perfect position for you -- QPR ....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

New CEO appointed on 17:21 - Jan 12 with 2955 viewsGus_iom

New CEO appointed on 16:16 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Because I am a "self-absorbed narcissist who loves to feel as if they're the centre of a court and needs to feel important".

You are Novak Djokovic and I claim my £10
New CEO appointed on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2949 viewsswisscottage

New CEO appointed on 16:56 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Yeh, he's been given the keys.

That's my understanding.

He did mention a Director of Performance. Ramsey going makes sense after that, even allowing for the poor returns from the academy.
New CEO appointed on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2946 viewsBostonR

New CEO appointed on 16:39 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Is it?
I thought exactly the opposite.

In my professional career a deep-dive due diligence company exercise generally involved floating or selling that business. The new CEO obviously knows the state of play and with FFP and L2 inbound if I were Ruben I would cut my losses. He has a $3BN pot to absorb the loss.
New CEO appointed on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2948 viewsaston_hoop

New CEO appointed on 17:17 - Jan 12 by lave16

Maybe it was a game of Blind Date for CEO's and he said I'm Christian from Newry - I like hoops, horse-riding and value Altruism and the CEO version of Cilla Black said brilliant we have the perfect position for you -- QPR ....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-christian-noury-ceo-age-b247780

"The Lionel Mess of the Football Business world"

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New CEO appointed on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2946 viewsJevlar

The fact that both he and Hoos, in their intro and exit interviews stated how good the attendance has been does make me wonder if we are walking very close to the FFP line. Closer than we probably realise…
New CEO appointed on 17:24 - Jan 12 with 2919 viewsGus_iom

New CEO appointed on 16:46 - Jan 12 by Northolt_Rs

And….
No money for transfers, no new signings incoming.
Current squad is strong enough.

Sack the cun.......
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 2880 viewstraininvain

New CEO appointed on 17:04 - Jan 12 by lassel

For what it’s worth (not a lot online obviously), I’ve been saying in the ‘transfers’ thread that there was no money to make signings and that the random sponsorships were to fund the manager change as I had been told as much.

I have also been told Marti is *NOT* happy with what he’s inherited vs what was sold - hopefully the new team can win him over and keep him around, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is off at the end of this season.

Worrying. Any specific reason why he’s not happy with what was sold or just generally been QPR’d?
New CEO appointed on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 2877 viewsGloucs_R

Does anyone know when this guy turns 19?? I might get Mrs Gloucester to bake him a little cake....

Poll: Are we staying up?

New CEO appointed on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 2871 viewsHastings_Hoops

New CEO appointed on 15:39 - Jan 12 by aston_hoop

were these the people who were supposed to be finding us a DoF? or was that someone else?

The (long term) CEO should be brought in first to recruit his or her directors.
New CEO appointed on 17:28 - Jan 12 with 2865 viewssprocket

For what it’s worth (not a lot online obviously), I’ve been saying in the ‘transfers’ thread that there was no money to make signings and that the random sponsorships were to fund the manager change as I had been told as much.

I have also been told Marti is *NOT* happy with what he’s inherited vs what was sold - hopefully the new team can win him over and keep him around, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is off at the end of this season.

The world and his mother knew we had no money to spend in this window. What exactly was Marti annoyed about?
New CEO appointed on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 2841 viewsRangersDave

New CEO appointed on 16:02 - Jan 12 by QPRSteve

Anyone know if he can play up front?

can he beat the first man at corners?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New CEO appointed on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 2841 viewsEsox_Lucius

I call BS on the second part. MC was quoted as claiming to have been closely following QPR for a number of seasons. He couldn't possibly have been under any false illusions if that's the case.
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:36]

The grass is always greener.

New CEO appointed on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 2813 viewsGloucs_R

So we bring in a CEO with absolutely no experience of running a football club.... Let alone a basket case club like ours.

One thing I picked up on was that he referenced Marti being busy for the next 6 months.... Interesting because I thought he had a multi-year contract..... Maybe I'm reading too much into that comment but noticing what others have said about Marti being unhappy could there be an agreement that he departs at the end of the season?

I've got horrible feeling that this guy is purely a chancer. Has been offered the opportunity to play CEO for a football club and has taken it. Time will tell but that's just my gut feeling.

Somebody else on Twitter is just made a really good point, he states that he's been involved in football for 11 years but he's only 26 years old 🤨
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:34]

New CEO appointed on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 2776 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 17:29 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

I call BS on the second part. MC was quoted as claiming to have been closely following QPR for a number of seasons. He couldn't possibly have been under any false illusions if that's the case.
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:36]

Well it's easy to call BS, but go back and look at the poster's history and connections...
New CEO appointed on 17:36 - Jan 12 with 2735 viewsellersliehoop

New CEO appointed on 17:09 - Jan 12 by E17hoop

Same

He didn't actually say there would be no signings, he said we wouldn't be active. Active could be interpreted as a number of signings.
New CEO appointed on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 2690 viewsGloucs_R

New CEO appointed on 17:36 - Jan 12 by ellersliehoop

He didn't actually say there would be no signings, he said we wouldn't be active. Active could be interpreted as a number of signings.

I think you are clutching at straws a little bit there.

It came across to me that we had no money and we were not going to be participating in the transfer window

New CEO appointed on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 2657 viewsellersliehoop

New CEO appointed on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

I think you are clutching at straws a little bit there.

It came across to me that we had no money and we were not going to be participating in the transfer window

Given we took one point from Plymouth, Sheff W & Millwall and we're second bottom I think it's time for straw clutching
New CEO appointed on 17:41 - Jan 12 with 2643 viewsloftus77

Thanks for the intel, but its often hard not to go on a rant about these things - specifically the second para. Didn't Schteve McLaren say exactly the same thing a few years back ? Seems to me its the kind of thing trotted out by many managers to cover their backs, which I get.

All I know is that I, loftus77, perceived and appreciated exactly the scale of the circus, binfire, skipfire, car crash, clusterf*** (call it what you like) that Marti was inheriting when he joined. Any Rangers fan out there and on this excellent site would do. And I know nothing about football, football management or football administration.

I'm pretty sure Marti, given his footballing nous and knowledge, would have appreciated and absorbed his pre-appointment state of affairs at QPR a thousand times more intelligently and insightfully than I ever would or could. It beggars belief that this could not be the case.
New CEO appointed on 17:41 - Jan 12 with 2632 viewsEsox_Lucius

New CEO appointed on 17:33 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Well it's easy to call BS, but go back and look at the poster's history and connections...

He is claiming it as itk info so he doesn't actually know it to be true. You've been watching them for the last two seasons, are you shocked or unhappy that it is completely different to what you have learned in the last few months?

The grass is always greener.

New CEO appointed on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 2563 viewslave16

New CEO appointed on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

So we bring in a CEO with absolutely no experience of running a football club.... Let alone a basket case club like ours.

One thing I picked up on was that he referenced Marti being busy for the next 6 months.... Interesting because I thought he had a multi-year contract..... Maybe I'm reading too much into that comment but noticing what others have said about Marti being unhappy could there be an agreement that he departs at the end of the season?

I've got horrible feeling that this guy is purely a chancer. Has been offered the opportunity to play CEO for a football club and has taken it. Time will tell but that's just my gut feeling.

Somebody else on Twitter is just made a really good point, he states that he's been involved in football for 11 years but he's only 26 years old 🤨

He may have turned out for his local under 10 reserves

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

New CEO appointed on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 2561 viewsellersliehoop

New CEO appointed on 17:41 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

He is claiming it as itk info so he doesn't actually know it to be true. You've been watching them for the last two seasons, are you shocked or unhappy that it is completely different to what you have learned in the last few months?

Marti would only have found out about the 'character' of the players by working with them, that's probably what's meant by what he's inherited
New CEO appointed on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 2546 viewsbongo_king

New CEO appointed on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

I want to be positive but on balance the same feeling as Gloucs.

This smells wrong. 6 months of paid searching and the best you come up with is someone from the company doing the search, who is young enough to be able to rescue his career if the brown stuff hits the fan on the appointment. The "busy for 6 months" for Marti reference worried me too - suggesting some kind of change at season end (coach or CEO). Interviews well but is he actually able to connect with staff? (unsure from interview) Will he care about mundane stuff like fixing the toilets?

But then again, I don't rule out our club having had a random masterstroke a la Warnock or (my POV) Warbs. We pull it off sometimes...
New CEO appointed on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 2448 viewsGloucs_R

New CEO appointed on 17:45 - Jan 12 by bongo_king

I want to be positive but on balance the same feeling as Gloucs.

This smells wrong. 6 months of paid searching and the best you come up with is someone from the company doing the search, who is young enough to be able to rescue his career if the brown stuff hits the fan on the appointment. The "busy for 6 months" for Marti reference worried me too - suggesting some kind of change at season end (coach or CEO). Interviews well but is he actually able to connect with staff? (unsure from interview) Will he care about mundane stuff like fixing the toilets?

But then again, I don't rule out our club having had a random masterstroke a la Warnock or (my POV) Warbs. We pull it off sometimes...

I'm not convinced he interviews that well, seemed like a lot of it was edited.

Anyhow, I don't want to be negative either and I wish him every success, of course I do.

Just not what I was expecting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024