Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36862 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 2754 viewsEsox_Lucius

Unlikely as the majority of posters on here will happily give you chapter and verse on the characters, faults and failings of all the first team squad and a broad brush summation of how crap all the youth team players are.

The grass is always greener.

New CEO appointed on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 2753 viewsmrtimharrington

"This is a club that is in central London, there is absolutely no reason that other people couldn't necessarily decide to just go and support a Premier League club at this moment in time, but the reason they don't is, they absolutely adore this place"

I have a feeling this guy does not know much about football fandom, I hope he knows more about how to run a football club...
New CEO appointed on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 2700 viewsGloucs_R

Really didn't sound like we had made any progress at all on a new stadium. That was a proper politicians answer with just two or three minutes of waffle about working with local communities and council.

F*** me, it's depressing being a QPR fan at the moment.

No money, almost certainly going to be relegated, stuck in an out of date stadium for the foreseeable future and we have a baby faced assassin as the CEO.
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:55]

Poll: Are we staying up?

New CEO appointed on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 2700 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 17:50 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

Unlikely as the majority of posters on here will happily give you chapter and verse on the characters, faults and failings of all the first team squad and a broad brush summation of how crap all the youth team players are.

I mean, we're in the fortunate (or unfortunate in our case) position of having a league table to do that for us.

I would listen to that poster, personally. The thing I hear most often is "however bad you think it is down there, it's so much worse".

This post has been edited by an administrator
New CEO appointed on 17:56 - Jan 12 with 2687 viewsdannyblue

New CEO appointed on 17:51 - Jan 12 by mrtimharrington

"This is a club that is in central London, there is absolutely no reason that other people couldn't necessarily decide to just go and support a Premier League club at this moment in time, but the reason they don't is, they absolutely adore this place"

I have a feeling this guy does not know much about football fandom, I hope he knows more about how to run a football club...

That twitched my antenna too
New CEO appointed on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 2577 viewsWhip_It

Retexo Intelligence - where our new Oxford-educated (didn't get a first) CEO was previously working, failed to find a DoF in the 6 months they have had to get the job done. They said it would take a month, and there were lots of candidates to be looked at. They have managed instead to provide us with a CEO, who happens to be one of their own employees - I would be asking for my money back at this stage: 'unexpected item in the bagging area'.

Analytics companies are the new crack cocaine for football clubs, and while Brighton and Brentford show us all how it should be done, there are many, many examples of egregious failure in this category. Are Retexo tinpot or the real deal? Where would your money be, given our recent track record. They have manoeuvred themselves into a tidy spot here, and with no skin in the game, can have as much fun as they like signing crap players for our team before disappearing into an AI-generated puff of smoke.

Also, one of the main jobs the CEO has on his hands is the small matter of finding a new ground, or fixing up the current one. Does he have the right profile for this job?

It is 'very QPR' to be somewhat less than transparent, and this feels like the consequence of more naive, ill-informed scheming. Tell us what you have done with our DoF first, and then maybe we can be happy about this CEO that the machine seems to have spat out.
[Post edited 12 Jan 18:05]
New CEO appointed on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 2577 viewsbongo_king

While I have doubts, Nourry interview wasn't bad.

On the other hand, the LH leaving interview is - for me - a f...ing car crash which raises more questions than answers. Put down the spade pls Lee.
New CEO appointed on 18:05 - Jan 12 with 2553 viewsconnell10

I didn't really understand most of what he said , sounded like waffle to me .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 18:06 - Jan 12 with 2530 viewsBklynRanger

Just watched the interview.

Difficult to tell where he's from so I've decide on Zimbabwe.

As far as Director of Football goes I actually thought he was painting Marti more in that role. Which feels a bit counter-intuitive. 'Let's move away from the idea of having a change of style with each successive manager by having the current manager put the whole structure in place.' Fair enough, I think.

We're currently 'prevented' from making any moves in the January market - added possible weight to that soft embargo idea, but the same impact regardless.

Apparently we're now going to be "in lockstep with local govt" - that's new.

And finally, and most controversially, "football is supposed to be fun". Get in the sea with that madness.
New CEO appointed on 18:15 - Jan 12 with 2442 viewsrobith

Apropos of nothing, just as it's been mentioned a few times in this thread that "everything went wrong when we got rid of Warburton"

I loved Warbz, I loved his time here but let's have it right - at the end of January in his final season we were 2 points off 2nd, and proceeded to pick up 15 points for the entirety of the season, including a 5 match losing streak (he was quite fond of a little losing streak - I'm pretty sure if fans had been in grounds in the second covid season he'd have been done by Christmas). A lot of the spine of the team is still here though aren't they - and they are serial losers
New CEO appointed on 18:16 - Jan 12 with 2439 viewsNed_Kennedys

New CEO appointed on 17:29 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

I call BS on the second part. MC was quoted as claiming to have been closely following QPR for a number of seasons. He couldn't possibly have been under any false illusions if that's the case.
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:36]

That’s a very naive point of view: he may have been following results from a distance whilst managing another team as his full time job but no chance he would know the actual quality and character of the players until he got to work with them. Having had that ‘pleasure’ for a few months he now knows both quality and character are major issues with this squad.

His recent post match interviews have included clear references to telling the Board what he thinks is needed to help him do his job and improve results: sounds like he’s going to be disappointed. New guy made it clear in his interview the manager was made fully aware of the financial situation: sounds like there is conflict ahead.
New CEO appointed on 18:27 - Jan 12 with 2322 viewsMickB

Reputedly 11 years experience in football.. He is 26. Eh?
New CEO appointed on 18:27 - Jan 12 with 2315 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New CEO appointed on 17:29 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

I call BS on the second part. MC was quoted as claiming to have been closely following QPR for a number of seasons. He couldn't possibly have been under any false illusions if that's the case.
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:36]

Me too.

The accounts are all in the public domain and FFP regulations are also public. There is no way MC just moved from Sweden without checking what he was working with.

By the way, MC took Hammerby down from a similar position to us and he then got them promoted. This won’t be his first rodeo.
[Post edited 12 Jan 18:28]
New CEO appointed on 18:29 - Jan 12 with 2281 viewsStanisgod

New CEO appointed on 15:48 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Don't know if anyone's watched the interview, but he's confirming there will be NO new signings this month.
(I assume unless there's a sale).

So I hope his plans will work in league one.

That's us dead then.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

New CEO appointed on 18:32 - Jan 12 with 2250 viewsMidlands_Ranger

New CEO appointed on 18:27 - Jan 12 by MickB

Reputedly 11 years experience in football.. He is 26. Eh?

Football manager maybe?

I dunno what to think about this club anymore...hard to tell what's good and what's bad to me!
New CEO appointed on 18:34 - Jan 12 with 2224 viewsRanger_Things

Will the last one out please turn off the lights.
New CEO appointed on 18:40 - Jan 12 with 2148 viewsRangersw12

People wanted change and now they're moaning about the change 😂
New CEO appointed on 18:49 - Jan 12 with 2075 viewsEsox_Lucius

New CEO appointed on 18:16 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

That’s a very naive point of view: he may have been following results from a distance whilst managing another team as his full time job but no chance he would know the actual quality and character of the players until he got to work with them. Having had that ‘pleasure’ for a few months he now knows both quality and character are major issues with this squad.

His recent post match interviews have included clear references to telling the Board what he thinks is needed to help him do his job and improve results: sounds like he’s going to be disappointed. New guy made it clear in his interview the manager was made fully aware of the financial situation: sounds like there is conflict ahead.

That will make a lot of posters on here very happy then.

The grass is always greener.

New CEO appointed on 18:51 - Jan 12 with 2042 viewsHarbour

Wish him luck but bit concerned about apparent lack of experience for such a critical role.
New CEO appointed on 18:59 - Jan 12 with 1967 viewsBklynRanger

New CEO appointed on 18:51 - Jan 12 by Harbour

Wish him luck but bit concerned about apparent lack of experience for such a critical role.

If he's good enough he's young enough!

Something like that anyway
New CEO appointed on 19:00 - Jan 12 with 1957 viewsslmrstid

Its not ageism, no person in their mid-20s anywhere has the experience required to be leading an organisation, especially one as multi-faceted as a football club, and especially one as bonkers as QPR, and those that do are either a rare visionary in the Jobs/Gates style (err...unlikely here I'd say), there because of nepotism (the bloke at Sunderland is young and has a rich daddy who has put him there and is such a genius he claimed having no knowledge of their club bar being painted in Newcastle colours) or are just complete grifters and chancers (see recent crypto bros at Crawley).

That said it wouldn't surprise me if the place is so chaotic at the minute that any competent executive worth their salt wouldn't touch our place with a barge pole.

Making a pretty big thing on the official announcement that these RETEXO people identified Marti...they did an excellent job of identifying someone we already knew about and enquired about twelve months prior before Beale got the gig. Consultancy fees well earned their lads, trebles all round!
[Post edited 12 Jan 19:01]
New CEO appointed on 19:01 - Jan 12 with 1941 viewstraininvain

New CEO appointed on 18:27 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Me too.

The accounts are all in the public domain and FFP regulations are also public. There is no way MC just moved from Sweden without checking what he was working with.

By the way, MC took Hammerby down from a similar position to us and he then got them promoted. This won’t be his first rodeo.
[Post edited 12 Jan 18:28]

Big difference between looking at something from the outside vs living it and breathing it every day. Getting to know the players’ mindsets, factions/cliques etc.

And that’s without getting into the politics going on with the non playing staff, CEO’s, chairman, owners etc.

I’m sure Marti had an idea that it would be tough but you never fully appreciate the challenges of a job until you get started.
New CEO appointed on 19:05 - Jan 12 with 1904 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New CEO appointed on 19:01 - Jan 12 by traininvain

Big difference between looking at something from the outside vs living it and breathing it every day. Getting to know the players’ mindsets, factions/cliques etc.

And that’s without getting into the politics going on with the non playing staff, CEO’s, chairman, owners etc.

I’m sure Marti had an idea that it would be tough but you never fully appreciate the challenges of a job until you get started.

That’s the case for almost every single managerial appointment in history.

People on Mars knew QPR were shit 😆
New CEO appointed on 19:09 - Jan 12 with 1873 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 18:49 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

That will make a lot of posters on here very happy then.

Oh give over please, nobody is happy about this or enjoying it.
New CEO appointed on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 1841 viewsstevec

I can’t makeup my mind whether it’s all about to go a bit Spencer Trethewy or Springtime for Hitler.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024