Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London Sport 13:52 - Jan 20 with 21569 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone know what's going on at WLS?

No report on the new CEO and now nothing on the Dozzel move.

Dave McIntyre seems to be very quiet at the moment. Is he OK?
West London Sport on 16:29 - Jan 20 with 10741 viewsGloucs_R

Funnily enough I asked a very similar question if anyone had seen Dave Mc on Twitter last week.

Poll: Are we staying up?

West London Sport on 22:40 - Jan 20 with 10148 viewsHooping_Mad

No podcast either. Ian hasn't looked happy for a while but I must admit I thought it was the football.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

West London Sport on 23:03 - Jan 20 with 9993 viewsOldPedro

West London Sport on 22:40 - Jan 20 by Hooping_Mad

No podcast either. Ian hasn't looked happy for a while but I must admit I thought it was the football.

Ian also tweeted today that he was covering the game for The Sun not West London Sport

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

West London Sport on 23:05 - Jan 20 with 9970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Urrrrghhhhh...The Sun?

Say it ain't so, Ian? Say it ain't so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

West London Sport on 08:00 - Jan 21 with 9453 viewscheesy

I asked Ian on friday about the pod. Kev and himself are busy but said they will be back in Feb.
West London Sport on 10:23 - Jan 21 with 9093 viewsbaz_qpr

Dave Mac seems to have practically disappeared off twitter. I hope its not in trouble and Dave is ok, Its a fantastic resource and practically the only source you can really trust about QPR. I know the journos write freelance for for other publications and have always done so to help subsidise it.
West London Sport on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 9010 viewsSpaceman_P

It's true though Ian looks like he's had enough of it. Hopefully it ain't so cos usually its quite good.
West London Sport on 11:21 - Jan 21 with 8876 viewsQPRConor2000

Yeah its noticeable how quiet WLS has been.

Hope everything is alright.
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport on 09:12 - Jan 22 with 8397 viewsdaveB

Ian's ben in hospital recently with a knee op as well
West London Sport on 09:43 - Jan 22 with 8232 viewsBAWHoops

Their QPR content has completely dropped off a cliff.

They put out quotes from Cifuentes, a match report and player ratings and that's it.

I wonder if it's a case of there being 3 Prem Clubs they cover and so the clicks are based on that. There are so few good QPR journos around who you can trust so it's a shame Dave Mc is doing less reporting (it appears) just as things at Rangers are being turned upside down.

The podcast is a good listen (despite it being sporadic and Kevin Gallen calling for a striker every week). Would be a real shame if the thing just completely died

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

West London Sport on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 8071 viewsGaryBannister86

West London Sport on 09:43 - Jan 22 by BAWHoops

They put out quotes from Cifuentes, a match report and player ratings and that's it.

I wonder if it's a case of there being 3 Prem Clubs they cover and so the clicks are based on that. There are so few good QPR journos around who you can trust so it's a shame Dave Mc is doing less reporting (it appears) just as things at Rangers are being turned upside down.

The podcast is a good listen (despite it being sporadic and Kevin Gallen calling for a striker every week). Would be a real shame if the thing just completely died

Most unlike Dave Mc to go so quiet. Really hope everything is OK with him.

The only tip I would give WLS if they do keep going is that Gallen is not good. Find a better ex-player for opinions. Richard Langley, judging by Twitter, talks a lot of sense, which is the polar opposite of Gallen.
West London Sport on 10:43 - Jan 22 with 8029 viewsdm97

And their ITK status is truly in the bin - can’t remember the last time they broke a transfer / manager / exec incoming or outgoing? When you think of the number of recent comings and goings they’ve not seemed to be ahead of the eight ball for any of them. Appreciate there has been some sort of internal cull in our structure to dampen leaks, but their output seems pretty generic compared to pre-2023 where you knew they’d be first with the break.

Complete lack of op ed on the new CEO also bizarre. Maybe it’s just broader economic impacts for local rags, shame all round.
West London Sport on 11:00 - Jan 22 with 7940 viewsRatKingCole

There you go

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/football-brentford-fc-youngster-set-fo

Apparently we're after someone other than that lad from brentford
[Post edited 22 Jan 11:01]
West London Sport on 14:46 - Jan 22 with 7441 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Love Kevin Gallens consistancy in calling for a striker for 2 years and getting nowhere haha.
Not in love with his tobacco chewing or hopefully its gum but its a bit offputting.
They tend to talk over each other but its Zoom so the delay is a bit confusing I know.
Hope Ian is ok ( another who gets undeserved stick on here ) but watching him try and say nice things about QPR when he is frustrated amuses me
West London Sport on 08:29 - Feb 2 with 6535 viewsGloucs_R

Still nothing from Dave Mc.

Clive, is everything ok with him?

Poll: Are we staying up?

West London Sport on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 6299 viewsBAWHoops

Don't think they've reported on the signings from yesterday.

It's such a shame as there are basically no other publications that cover QPR in any sort of depth (excluding this site!)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

West London Sport on 09:49 - Feb 2 with 6207 viewssprocket

Looks like match reports only now and some sporadic content. Ian is still doing the podcasts so that's one thing but overall the content has dropped which is a real shame.
West London Sport on 10:03 - Feb 2 with 6114 viewsStainrod

There is a very simple reason WLS and other local news outlets are declining - no one is prepared to pay for content.

Fans ask “why aren’t they reporting on x/ getting an exclusive”, well who is paying them to do so.

Their economic model is more shot than QPRs
West London Sport on 18:43 - Feb 2 with 5688 viewsLandshark

Well it looks like Ian will no longer be employed by WLS.
West London Sport on 18:58 - Feb 2 with 5608 viewsNorthernr

West London Sport on 10:03 - Feb 2 by Stainrod

There is a very simple reason WLS and other local news outlets are declining - no one is prepared to pay for content.

Fans ask “why aren’t they reporting on x/ getting an exclusive”, well who is paying them to do so.

Their economic model is more shot than QPRs

There’s a lot in this. The only reason LFW still exists is you guys were willing to pay for it.
West London Sport on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 5499 viewsJames_Paddocks

Obviously you can't go offering lads out on twitter, but the amount of faceless teenage gimps gobbing off on that platform is unreal.
[Post edited 2 Feb 20:57]
West London Sport on 19:20 - Feb 2 with 5467 viewsRangersw12

West London Sport on 19:17 - Feb 2 by James_Paddocks

Obviously you can't go offering lads out on twitter, but the amount of faceless teenage gimps gobbing off on that platform is unreal.

One of the reasons why I came off it during lockdown.

I don't post now and just follow a couple of QPR accounts and history stuff which is far better
West London Sport on 19:29 - Feb 2 with 5389 viewsdaveB

whoever is behind that account did call him a knob which was a bit out of order and even more so when Ian wasn't even tweeting about QPR he was just talking about the transfer window in general
West London Sport on 20:14 - Feb 2 with 5212 viewsNorthernr

It’s one of the great shames of social media that it’s removed society’s self policing check of getting a slap.

If you went round the pub calling strangers a knob or a “mong” sooner or later somebody would give you a slap for it.

Ian’s right, all these brave little boys with their ManLikeWillock or EDBBBBBBB😍 handles wouldn’t be nearly as brave in person.
West London Sport on 20:21 - Feb 2 with 5139 viewsHayesender

He seems to have deleted his account now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024