Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread 09:02 - Jan 25 with 39927 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Apologies if I missed that one has been started already. But if not, will see if can keep the 100 percent record, then E17 can take over. A nervy 1 nil to us…I think…..Maybe…Perhaps…Possibly….Potentially….Hopefully…..

DonnieR

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:24 - Jan 28 with 2128 viewstraininvain

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:07 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Broadly agree with all of that.

On Drewe - yes he played ok at times and stopped a few crosses, but in reality Thomas won that duel hands down and it was their main outlet for a reason.

Huddersfield were always going to use their best player to target the inexperienced small lad playing at right back. Drewe had very little help from Willock and not much better from Smyth.

I think Thomas beat him once or twice but Drewe managed to block more than he lost. I was sat right next to it and looked like Drewe just about held his own defensively.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:30 - Jan 28 with 2068 viewsRangersw12

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Interesting to see if Marti will take any responsibility for that dreck, try and big up an absolutely dire, nerve-wracked showing, or blame the players. My money is it won't be the first, and the usual suspects will be out to tell us our whole approach today was nothing to do with him.

My assessment? The players aren't good enough to stay enough, and the manager isn't good enough to help.

The manager has given us a fighting chance if staying up

How anyone can blame the manager for this season especially after what he inherited is mental

Like I've said previously just go to a game and see these players live
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:39 - Jan 28 with 1968 viewsStanisgod

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:01 - Jan 28 by QPROslo

Hardly had any decent possession today in good positions which I thought was key for Marti. Started by hitting long balls towards Armstrong and he was a big threat 1st half, but after a while we just were lumping too many up in the air anywhere to clear our lines. Missed Dozzell linking our play, Colback and Field were overwhelmed in the midfield.

I'm presuming the Dozzell bit was sarcasm.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:39 - Jan 28 with 1972 viewskernowhoop

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:33 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

Oh and Willock can feck off. Complete waste of space.

Drewe not good enough

Field and Collback looking forward to a week in Dubai each
[Post edited 28 Jan 15:33]

'Drewe not good enough'

Maybe not, as a first-choice player, but, having been plunged into a high-tension match, I thought he did well considering his lack of first team experience.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:42 - Jan 28 with 1935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:24 - Jan 28 by traininvain

Huddersfield were always going to use their best player to target the inexperienced small lad playing at right back. Drewe had very little help from Willock and not much better from Smyth.

I think Thomas beat him once or twice but Drewe managed to block more than he lost. I was sat right next to it and looked like Drewe just about held his own defensively.

Fair points, TIV. You were at the game, so I take that on board.

I thought that he offered nothing at all in attack and if he got some blocks in defensively they were only at the expense of their dangerous corners. I'm actually pleased for Drewe that he put a good shift in, but I think it would be a stretch to say he played well, imho.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:45 - Jan 28 with 1910 viewsThe_Beast1976

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Interesting to see if Marti will take any responsibility for that dreck, try and big up an absolutely dire, nerve-wracked showing, or blame the players. My money is it won't be the first, and the usual suspects will be out to tell us our whole approach today was nothing to do with him.

My assessment? The players aren't good enough to stay enough, and the manager isn't good enough to help.

My assessment? You're a bore
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:47]
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:58 - Jan 28 with 1791 viewsGloucs_R

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:39 - Jan 28 by kernowhoop

'Drewe not good enough'

Maybe not, as a first-choice player, but, having been plunged into a high-tension match, I thought he did well considering his lack of first team experience.

Don't want to turn this into the "I hate Drewe" thread because I don't. I'll leave it there.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:17 - Jan 28 with 1675 viewslassel

Only 2x positives out of that - we didn’t lose and Drewe held his own.

Other than that it was exactly as was to be expected - these player simply don’t want any part of it. Nobody taking any risks, every ball backwards. As soon as they had to actually take some risks, quelle surprise it turns out Huddersfield aren’t really any good and a goal could be found. Had they not scored it would’ve petered out to a turgid 0-0.

Neither side anywhere near Championship standard and for either to stay up there is going to have to be 2 more desperately shite teams found.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 with 1633 viewsBoston

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:17 - Jan 28 by lassel

Only 2x positives out of that - we didn’t lose and Drewe held his own.

Other than that it was exactly as was to be expected - these player simply don’t want any part of it. Nobody taking any risks, every ball backwards. As soon as they had to actually take some risks, quelle surprise it turns out Huddersfield aren’t really any good and a goal could be found. Had they not scored it would’ve petered out to a turgid 0-0.

Neither side anywhere near Championship standard and for either to stay up there is going to have to be 2 more desperately shite teams found.

Stoke's one of 'em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:44 - Jan 28 with 1556 viewshoops_legend

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 by Boston

Stoke's one of 'em.

Disappointing and to be honest proof that the players are not good enough as even with Marti we still don’t win these easy games consistently
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:51 - Jan 28 with 1509 viewsDamo1962

I reckon this Newport team I'm currently watching going toe to toe with Manure...are better than us. We have not scraped the bottom of the barrel yet either unfortunately.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 1431 viewsMrSheen

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:24 - Jan 28 by traininvain

Though I agree that Thomas was their main threat, I thought Rudoni (blonde goal scorer) was the best player on the pitch. A real ball magnet in the second half, none of our midfielders could hold a candle to him. I was surprised and a bit disappointed to read they got him from Wimbledon.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:21 - Jan 28 with 1356 viewsnix

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:04 - Jan 28 by MrSheen

Though I agree that Thomas was their main threat, I thought Rudoni (blonde goal scorer) was the best player on the pitch. A real ball magnet in the second half, none of our midfielders could hold a candle to him. I was surprised and a bit disappointed to read they got him from Wimbledon.

So did II. But he cost £1m we didnt have this season.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:31 - Jan 28 with 1287 viewsMedwayR

Rudoni was one we'd been linked with for a long time but pretty sure Warburton spent on Johansen, Austin etc instead which left us with no means to sign Rudoni.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:35 - Jan 28 with 1260 viewslave16

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:31 - Jan 28 by MedwayR

Rudoni was one we'd been linked with for a long time but pretty sure Warburton spent on Johansen, Austin etc instead which left us with no means to sign Rudoni.

Just reading into things Fox on in front of Dunne does is mean Dunne is gone if we get an offer. Also does the new striker mean Dykes is gone if we get an offer. FFP is class

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:52 - Jan 28 with 1199 viewsstevec

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:42 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair points, TIV. You were at the game, so I take that on board.

I thought that he offered nothing at all in attack and if he got some blocks in defensively they were only at the expense of their dangerous corners. I'm actually pleased for Drewe that he put a good shift in, but I think it would be a stretch to say he played well, imho.

True, if he was more proactive and confident in his ability he should be intercepting or at least getting tight enough to snuff out danger rather than let the fella run at him all day long.

Fortunately, on this day, he did manage to block a fair number of crosses.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:57 - Jan 28 with 1181 viewstraininvain

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:35 - Jan 28 by lave16

Just reading into things Fox on in front of Dunne does is mean Dunne is gone if we get an offer. Also does the new striker mean Dykes is gone if we get an offer. FFP is class

Could mean Dunne’s on his way or might be that Cifuentes has Fox ahead of him in the pecking order.

I’d imagine that Dunne or Dykes would be sold if we receive any sensible offers.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 1164 viewsQPunkR

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 17:44 - Jan 28 by hoops_legend

Disappointing and to be honest proof that the players are not good enough as even with Marti we still don’t win these easy games consistently

There was no need for that last word

QPR - "shit but local"

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:06 - Jan 28 with 1140 viewseastside_r

My god that was a terrible game of football.

Not helped by a ridiculously pedantic ref preening himsel on TV.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:10 - Jan 28 with 1118 viewslassel

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:35 - Jan 28 by lave16

Everyone is gone *IF* we get an offer. Those offers will be extremely thin in the ground though.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 1102 viewsCateLeBonR

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 18:31 - Jan 28 by MedwayR

I thought Rudoni was really good. He's described as a midfielder on wiki but looked like a striker to me

Obviously he was playing against us so hard to judge. He reminded me a bit of Gyökeres. Really hard to get the ball off the bugger.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 1093 viewsmart_Goblin

Can’t bring myself to read through 16 pages, but that was 2 teams who should be in league 1 and probably will be come May.
It was a school football match refereed by the camp young music teacher showing off his physique.

Utterly rotten. Everything about it was rotten
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 1093 viewsDorse

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:10 - Jan 28 by lassel

Everyone is gone *IF* we get an offer. Those offers will be extremely thin in the ground though.

Not to mention thin in the wallet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 1055 viewsWatford_Ranger

What was that weird sprint the ref did all about? Moved far quicker than Willock managed all afternoon anyway but was still strange.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 06:37 - Jan 29 with 706 viewsnumptydumpty

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 19:23 - Jan 28 by Watford_Ranger

What was that weird sprint the ref did all about? Moved far quicker than Willock managed all afternoon anyway but was still strange.

I think he was advertising himself !!!!!

He was quite quick though.

Did make me chuckle !!!!!

Almost deliberate, you could say.
[Post edited 29 Jan 6:37]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024