Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias 19:16 - Feb 6 with 10195 viewssprocket

Ilias on 00:46 - Feb 7 with 2520 viewsMidlands_Ranger

He is worth so much more to us than what that poultry offer is. That's rediculous, the mony that gets spent on unproven players these days and that's it for Chair???? Crazy crazy stuff. Probably like every off season we will have offers and have to consider them for this player, but they need to up there value. He is worth far more to this club on the field than he is in the money that has so far been offered. He has been our team at times and he's got International caps in late stages of big competitions, we should expect good money for him otherwise no way.
[Post edited 7 Feb 0:48]
Ilias on 00:51 - Feb 7 with 2499 viewskensalriser

Last week yes, this week no, for the obvious reasons given above. Selling him would put a serious dent in our survival hopes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ilias on 04:36 - Feb 7 with 2320 viewsvanrrrr

Ilias on 00:46 - Feb 7 by Midlands_Ranger

He is worth so much more to us than what that poultry offer is. That's rediculous, the mony that gets spent on unproven players these days and that's it for Chair???? Crazy crazy stuff. Probably like every off season we will have offers and have to consider them for this player, but they need to up there value. He is worth far more to this club on the field than he is in the money that has so far been offered. He has been our team at times and he's got International caps in late stages of big competitions, we should expect good money for him otherwise no way.
[Post edited 7 Feb 0:48]

Rangers reject Poultry offer from Turkey .
Ilias on 06:31 - Feb 7 with 2245 viewsflynnbo

Ilias on 04:36 - Feb 7 by vanrrrr

Rangers reject Poultry offer from Turkey .

Rangers claim their offer was chicken feed.
Ilias on 06:40 - Feb 7 with 2216 viewsBklynRanger

Ilias on 00:51 - Feb 7 by kensalriser

Last week yes, this week no, for the obvious reasons given above. Selling him would put a serious dent in our survival hopes.

Agreed, and if Andersen can stay fit I'm expecting a bit of an onfeild bromance between those two. Illy & Andy.

Was in favour of considering it as the price of strengthening more widely but not now. (Unless it's a fcukload obviously).
[Post edited 7 Feb 7:02]
Ilias on 06:56 - Feb 7 with 2183 viewsWestonsuperR

We all understand we have to develop players and sell to survive and it is particularly important at the moment as we are so close to FFP, yet it seems many wonā€™t consider a bid?

With hindsight Willock should have been sold when at his peak, yet had he have been I can only imagine the uproar and how that decision derailed our promotion chances. Every player has his price and if close to 10M comes in Chair needs to go otherwise we may lose him for much less (if in League 1) or he runs his contract down and leaves for free as many have done previously.
Ilias on 07:13 - Feb 7 with 2102 viewsGloucs_R

People saying we shouldn't sell him..,..

Erm, FFP still very much hanging over us.

You don't honestly think that Dozzell and SDM wages allowed us to bring in Andersen and Frey do you? šŸ¤Ø

Honestly, due to FFP, I think we will cash if we get a decent offer. Still a few players knocking about who are out of contract too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ilias on 07:33 - Feb 7 with 2053 viewsdmm

Ilias on 07:13 - Feb 7 by Gloucs_R

You don't honestly think that Dozzell and SDM wages allowed us to bring in Andersen and Frey do you? šŸ¤Ø

Honestly, due to FFP, I think we will cash if we get a decent offer. Still a few players knocking about who are out of contract too.

If a decent offer was made for Chair then of course we'd sell. However, I don't believe the club will have done the 4 new player deals based on selling Chair to fund them. They did those deals having already made financial headroom to do so. To do otherwise would have been irresponsible in the extreme.
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias on 07:46 - Feb 7 with 2014 viewshoops_legend

Ilias on 07:13 - Feb 7 by Gloucs_R

I think some fans obsess to much about the FPP. Listen we arenā€™t ever going to be sustainable unless we get to premierleague so letā€™s not sell our best players just to reduce our losses

I would not be selling chair unless offer is Ā£10m plus and even then only if we have a plan with that money.
Ilias on 07:58 - Feb 7 with 1997 viewskingsburyR

Ilias on 07:46 - Feb 7 by hoops_legend

I think some fans obsess to much about the FPP. Listen we arenā€™t ever going to be sustainable unless we get to premierleague so letā€™s not sell our best players just to reduce our losses

I would not be selling chair unless offer is Ā£10m plus and even then only if we have a plan with that money.

Have we ever had a plan for Money?

My Daughter could have run the club better over the last 13 years....and shes 13 and a half!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ilias on 08:23 - Feb 7 with 1925 viewsGloucs_R

Ilias on 07:33 - Feb 7 by dmm

If a decent offer was made for Chair then of course we'd sell. However, I don't believe the club will have done the 4 new player deals based on selling Chair to fund them. They did those deals having already made financial headroom to do so. To do otherwise would have been irresponsible in the extreme.

Unless we knew a bid was coming in....

I love a conspiracy theory šŸ˜
[Post edited 7 Feb 11:36]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ilias on 08:44 - Feb 7 with 1850 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ā£4m? Taking the piss. Double it and loan him back for the rest of the season and weā€™re just about talking.

Who was the last player we sold for money where you could say we mugged them off a bit or got top dollar?
Ilias on 09:06 - Feb 7 with 1757 viewsBlue_Castello

Ilias on 08:23 - Feb 7 by Gloucs_R

Unless we knew a bid was coming in....

I love a conspiracy theory šŸ˜
[Post edited 7 Feb 11:36]

Nobody on here knows the exact state of the Finances at the moment, we all know we are running close to FFP but a lot has been done on the Finances over the last couple of months with sponsorship and getting three players off the wage bill.

Lee Hoos is very experienced on the Finance front and he will have been mentoring Nourry when it comes to the finer details of player contracts, I struggle to believe that we will have gambled on complying with FFP by waiting to see if a future transfer may just happen by a club in Turkey actually offering a sum of money that is realistic in today's market.

Palace just paid an initial 18.5 million for Wharton, which could rise to 22 I think not sure, is Chair not as good or is it just that Wharton is younger. No I don't for one minute think we can ask that sort of money for Chair but something closer to 10 must be a realistic figure.

Hopefully we have done the numbers and can keep Illy for the relegation battle, then we have to seriously consider any offers in the Summer.
Ilias on 09:10 - Feb 7 with 1744 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Ilias on 06:31 - Feb 7 by flynnbo

Rangers claim their offer was chicken feed.

And they need a lot of chicken feed down at Loftus Road to feed all the cocks that hang around the place
Ilias on 09:16 - Feb 7 with 1703 viewsGaryBannister86

Ilias on 08:44 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

Ā£4m? Taking the piss. Double it and loan him back for the rest of the season and weā€™re just about talking.

Who was the last player we sold for money where you could say we mugged them off a bit or got top dollar?

Surely the only way we would agree a deal is if we keep him until the end of the season. Otherwise we are simply reducing our chances of staying up, which can't make any financial sense.
Ilias on 09:32 - Feb 7 with 1615 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm glad we rejected it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ilias on 09:35 - Feb 7 with 1601 viewsTheChef

Ilias on 09:32 - Feb 7 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm glad we rejected it.

I'm glad you're glad.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ilias on 09:35 - Feb 7 with 1597 viewsJevlar

We need him for the rest of the season but if he were to leave in the summer, Iā€™d wish him well.

Never hides
Always available
And has been the brightest spot for the past few seasons
Ilias on 09:49 - Feb 7 with 1515 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ilias on 09:35 - Feb 7 by Jevlar

We need him for the rest of the season but if he were to leave in the summer, Iā€™d wish him well.

Never hides
Always available
And has been the brightest spot for the past few seasons

Absolutely. Think heā€™s incredibly underrated by much of our fanbase and other clubs if nobody thinks heā€™s worth the relative pittance weā€™d have taken for him last summer. Really think heā€™ll do well at a higher level somewhere.

Guess thereā€™s a slim, slim chance we stay up and buys into Marti enough to stay on at whatever max wage we can offer but heā€™s at an age where Iā€™m sure heā€™ll want to test himself. Would be a good buy for a mid-table French team perhaps. I hope he doesnā€™t go to a promoted team who will just be next yearā€™s Sheffield United.
Ilias on 09:59 - Feb 7 with 1445 viewsterryb

Judging on his career since joining them for their record fee, Luke Freeman to Sheffield United might qualify.
Ilias on 10:20 - Feb 7 with 1323 viewsed_83

Of course clubs are going to take the piss, itā€™s been clear for ages that weā€™re broke. You donā€™t pay RRP for stuff youā€™re buying at a bankruptcy auction.

Getting this stuff right takes years: you sell Darnell Furlong for Ā£1.5m, then Like Freeman for Ā£5m, then Eze for Ā£20m, then - once youā€™ve shown that your players are worth paying for, but that youā€™re solvent enough to hold out for a decent price for them - you can maybe demand Ā£15m for Ilias Chair / Chris Willock / Rob Dickie.

What you canā€™t do is derail the process at the first sign of success, cripple yourself financially, let the squad regress to the point of becoming relegation fodder, then act surprised when people come in with pisstake bids in full knowledge that a.) your players are rubbish and b.) youā€™re in desperate need of cash

Obviously Ā£4m for Chair is absurd, but this is the situation weā€™ve created for ourselves.
Ilias on 10:21 - Feb 7 with 1321 viewsPunteR

I can't keep up with this club and forum.!
So are we skint and can't afford players?
Are we a selling club?
Does FFP still apply?
2 weeks ago we were saying we're chucking everything overboard that's not screwed down, we've fked up and we're preparing for L1. Crying about not getting any money for our players and holding on to our assets for too long.
Bid comes in for Chair.
Nope not selling.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ilias on 10:26 - Feb 7 with 1292 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ilias on 10:20 - Feb 7 by ed_83

Of course clubs are going to take the piss, itā€™s been clear for ages that weā€™re broke. You donā€™t pay RRP for stuff youā€™re buying at a bankruptcy auction.

Getting this stuff right takes years: you sell Darnell Furlong for Ā£1.5m, then Like Freeman for Ā£5m, then Eze for Ā£20m, then - once youā€™ve shown that your players are worth paying for, but that youā€™re solvent enough to hold out for a decent price for them - you can maybe demand Ā£15m for Ilias Chair / Chris Willock / Rob Dickie.

What you canā€™t do is derail the process at the first sign of success, cripple yourself financially, let the squad regress to the point of becoming relegation fodder, then act surprised when people come in with pisstake bids in full knowledge that a.) your players are rubbish and b.) youā€™re in desperate need of cash

Obviously Ā£4m for Chair is absurd, but this is the situation weā€™ve created for ourselves.

Yeah donā€™t blame them for trying. Just saying itā€™s a pisstake.
Ilias on 10:29 - Feb 7 with 1249 viewsstantheman10

If they up the offer to 10 million euros I think he'll be sold. We've signed potential replacements for him in Andersen and Hodge who can both play as a no.10 creative role. Chair may not want to go though as Trabzonspor are way off the Champions league spots although they are in with a chance of Europa league qualification.
Ilias on 10:55 - Feb 7 with 1164 viewsBklynRanger

Ilias on 09:35 - Feb 7 by TheChef

I'm glad you're glad.

I'm glad all over
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024