Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martí Cifuentes. 17:10 - Mar 2 with 14632 viewsted_hendrix

Are you kidding me, where the hell did he come from and what the f uck Is going on?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Martí Cifuentes. on 01:07 - Mar 4 with 2582 viewsSydneyRs

Martí Cifuentes. on 00:08 - Mar 4 by PunteR

He really should have been in a position at the club to not let that happen after 9 years. The fact it did showed what a pointless job he had and probably why he quit/sacked or whatever it was.
I dont blame him for everything though.

The owners made that call (well, Amit apparently), hardly much he could do about it.
Martí Cifuentes. on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 2236 viewsTheChef

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:57 - Mar 2 by ytt28

And also, well done to whomever identified him as the right man for the QPR job.

As mentioned, after Beale went the club was keen on appointing him, but couldn't afford the one million quid break clause to get him (or rather because of FFP...).

All those wasted months with Critchley and Ainsworth.

Main thing is he's here now!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Martí Cifuentes. on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 2232 viewsPunteR

Martí Cifuentes. on 01:07 - Mar 4 by SydneyRs

The owners made that call (well, Amit apparently), hardly much he could do about it.

Not really trying to turn this into another "Evil Les" thread.
I'll probably never really understand the role Les Ferdinand had here, so probably best i just remember him as one of our greatest players.

As for Marti Cifuntes, he's looking the real deal.
I dont want to get too carried away but yeah, he's doing an amazing job atm.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:06 - Mar 4 with 2163 viewsdmm

Martí Cifuentes. on 00:57 - Mar 4 by FredManRave

Danny Paddox feel free to amend as you see fir, but it's a seriously true life suggestion that all should follow;

An interesting idea but life is not as binary as that. We're all a mixture of the two.

Also, energy isn't always wasted on some of the things listed in the first circle and many don't have control over some of the things listed in the second circle.
Martí Cifuentes. on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 2112 viewsPBLOCK

Martí Cifuentes. on 09:43 - Mar 4 by TheChef

As mentioned, after Beale went the club was keen on appointing him, but couldn't afford the one million quid break clause to get him (or rather because of FFP...).

All those wasted months with Critchley and Ainsworth.

Main thing is he's here now!

I think Critchley was dealt a bit of a poor hand to be fair

Had a half decent track record but the players seemingly downed tools for him especially after he quite rightly slammed them after a couple of very poor performances

Ainsworth wanted to do well here, we wanted him to do well here but it didn’t happen and he left a bit of a mess (not all of his own making)

Marti from the moment he has come in has inspired a bit of confidence I really hope we stay up and he gives it a season to see what he can do looking at his record elsewhere he has left clubs he has managed in a better position than when he took them over if we have a good season next year and a bigger job comes up for him then although disappointing we have to get the recruitment right to replace

Marsh leaves replaced by Stan not a problem

Les leaves replaced by Hateley, unmitigated disaster

If people come to QPR and go to bigger things that’s good as it means we are doing well it’s the recruitment piece that remains the key
[Post edited 4 Mar 10:16]
Martí Cifuentes. on 10:17 - Mar 4 with 2101 viewsTheChef

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:15 - Mar 4 by PBLOCK

Had a half decent track record but the players seemingly downed tools for him especially after he quite rightly slammed them after a couple of very poor performances

Ainsworth wanted to do well here, we wanted him to do well here but it didn’t happen and he left a bit of a mess (not all of his own making)

Marti from the moment he has come in has inspired a bit of confidence I really hope we stay up and he gives it a season to see what he can do looking at his record elsewhere he has left clubs he has managed in a better position than when he took them over if we have a good season next year and a bigger job comes up for him then although disappointing we have to get the recruitment right to replace

If people come to QPR and go to bigger things that’s good as it means we are doing well it’s the recruitment piece that remains the key

Critchley's problem was he called the players out after losing at Fleetwood, and he lost them after that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 2066 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If he keeps us up he'll be the new Themistocles.

For the first time in ages we actually look like a coached side (though set pieces/corners still give me the sheets) where players now seem to know their job and we've also played some very good football at times.

We just need to sort those bad performances we sometimes throw out and we'll be ok.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Martí Cifuentes. on 13:13 - Mar 4 with 1866 viewsfrancisbowles

Win, lose or draw with Marti and there is a complete lack of hyperbole.
This is the perfect example to set to the young men in his charge.
'We haven't achieved anything yet, remain humble, stay focused and keep pushing'. Keep working hard towards the target.
The message is clear and the players are responding.
Login to get fewer ads

Martí Cifuentes. on 14:00 - Mar 4 with 1817 viewsWadR

What I find really remarkable is how good he has been at coaching the team out of possession. Set pieces aside, we've gone from the farcical goals conceded against Blackburn at home and being so easy to play through to having a really excellent defensive shape, staying really compact and hard to break down.

The opposition has had an xG of under 1.0 in 14 of his 21 games in charge and we've kept 7 clean sheets. Compared to xG of over 2.0 in 6 of Ainsworth's 14 games and only 2 clean sheets.

Obviously a lot has to do with Cook and JCS being regularly available. But watching the game on Saturday, it was night and day from some of the Ainsworth games. Players seem to know exactly what the press triggers are, you have even Willock putting effort in, staying switched on, tracking runners.

And this is all from a manager who is a Cruyff disciple, who seemed to have a criticism at Hammarby for conceding equalisers and being unable to be defensively pragmatic.
Martí Cifuentes. on 14:36 - Mar 4 with 1713 viewsLoyalitat

Martí Cifuentes. on 14:00 - Mar 4 by WadR

What I find really remarkable is how good he has been at coaching the team out of possession. Set pieces aside, we've gone from the farcical goals conceded against Blackburn at home and being so easy to play through to having a really excellent defensive shape, staying really compact and hard to break down.

The opposition has had an xG of under 1.0 in 14 of his 21 games in charge and we've kept 7 clean sheets. Compared to xG of over 2.0 in 6 of Ainsworth's 14 games and only 2 clean sheets.

Obviously a lot has to do with Cook and JCS being regularly available. But watching the game on Saturday, it was night and day from some of the Ainsworth games. Players seem to know exactly what the press triggers are, you have even Willock putting effort in, staying switched on, tracking runners.

And this is all from a manager who is a Cruyff disciple, who seemed to have a criticism at Hammarby for conceding equalisers and being unable to be defensively pragmatic.

Totally agree with all that you have written.

The measure of how dramatically he has transformed this squad, is that it's essentially the same personnel that was here from the start of the season. Nine of the starting eleven on Saturday were here before the MC appointment. Ten after the second-half substitutions.

He's got it all: football intelligence, intelligent generally, articulate, yet isn't afraid to single out players during the course of the game if they aren't fulfilling their duties to the required standard. All the traits required to be a top/potential top coach.

His messaging is clearly on point and is easily understood by the players. As such, the players clearly respect him and they are all giving everything to keep us in this league, as evidenced by Saturday's excellent performance.

We have to stay up as he's too good for division one and will be poached by another championship side at the very least. What he has done/doing to this team is not going unnoticed.
Martí Cifuentes. on 15:37 - Mar 4 with 1612 viewsBostonR

Martí Cifuentes. on 21:05 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Potentially very special manager on our hands here.

Absolutely agree. His impact is almost Venables like and a huge cut above what is in the Championship apart from McKenna at Ipswich. However, when you look at Everton, WHam, Palace and a few other PL clubs you know he would make them so much better.
I think we have to enjoy the ride with Marti whilst it lasts because he is destined for bigger things.
Martí Cifuentes. on 16:00 - Mar 5 with 1285 viewsE17hoop

I like him more and more.

His explanation of using Dunne and how he balances the players' expectations is great.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-boss-cifuentes-explains-reasons-behind-

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:27 - Mar 5 with 1203 viewsAntti_Heinola

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:15 - Mar 4 by PBLOCK

I know I bang this drum a lot, and the players have to take a huge part of the blame, but Critchley brought that on himself. You can't turn up, play without much ambition at an awful Cardiff, watch your team almost defeat top of the table Sheff U, and then chuck them under the bus in the very next game, without taking any responsibility yourself. It was clueless management. -you cannt do stuff like that until you have people on your side. Marti has criticised this lot, but it hasn't had that negative effect, because they trust him.
He didn't have a great hand, but he did very little with it.

Bare bones.

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:31 - Mar 5 with 1186 viewsrobith

Martí Cifuentes. on 08:42 - Mar 3 by Dorse

I have said previously that in the final weeks of Gaz's tenure, I couldn't stand the players, club, Jude, box office Connor etc. I genuinely thought I hated them.

However, when Marti arrived, I likened it to watching a gripping box-set, where all these old characters that you previously thought were dead or were baddies are revealed to be on the side of the angels but just needed to be forgiven or that they weren't dead, they'd been held hostage, have escaped and are slowly rebuilding their lives etc.

Every week is a new twist: Dunne, shunned and broken, re-emerges as a right back and shows his love for us all; Dykes, a man whose blood type is tattoo ink, pilloried for his lack of goals, poor link up play and lack of vision, splits the opposition centre backs with his run, looks up and lays on a cross that opens the scoring; a club with no hope, no cash and in the mire suddenly unveils 4 new players, all of whom make us better; the club with no chance, goes away to the runaway leaders and schools them in what counterattacking football looks like, with a squad built from Lego...

I mean, come on. Who's writing this stuff? Can't wait for the next episode.

Wait for the plot twist in the summer if we stay up - he's just been using them before tossing the lot of them out the moon door
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:34 - Mar 5 with 926 viewsParkRoyalR

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:00 - Mar 5 by E17hoop

I like him more and more.

His explanation of using Dunne and how he balances the players' expectations is great.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-boss-cifuentes-explains-reasons-behind-

Great article, thanks for posting,

Obviously the club collectively did some great work in the transfer window (Hadyn, Anderson especially and still think Hodge & Frey will have key parts to play during the run-in) and Willocks return to full fitness has transformed our season, as like Eze, Willock is a player who improves those playing around him as is such an intelligent footballer, but..

All credit to Marti for adapting and changing his preferred 4-3-3 formation and keeping the squad so motivated as he has chopped and changed to find his best Starting XI,

I still think he's learning this division as even the best team in the division in Leicester went for the late aerial bombardment and previously we might'nt have had Field & Dunne still on at this crucial time to hold on to the 3 points,

And substitutions could be better, as I would say giving Armstrong 40 minutes away at Leicester is high risk (as prone to cough up possession) but you make your own luck and it obviously worked on the day and gave us a 2-0 lead to hold on to,

Interesting altho Marti's very complimentary about Dunne he has also highlighted his Nedum Onuoha habit of getting caught too square on at times and as Jimmy does'nt have the benefit of Nedum's pace over 10 yards to recover he is then forced to foul his man,

Also noticeable work Marti is doing with Chair is also reaping rewards as Chair is becoming less predictable and harder to defend against the more he uses what is a very decent left foot,

Lots to be positive about as seems to be a Coach who can develop and increase the value of players, just need to stay up now! and then hold onto him!
Martí Cifuentes. on 19:22 - Mar 5 with 816 viewsbarbicanranger

Very curious to see where Marti's career goes as I get very very good impressions of him. When he talks I listen to every word much the way I do when the top coaches get interviewed after a game - love listening to how he thinks about football.
[Post edited 5 Mar 19:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024