Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martí Cifuentes. 17:10 - Mar 2 with 14639 viewsted_hendrix

Are you kidding me, where the hell did he come from and what the f uck Is going on?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Martí Cifuentes. on 15:24 - Mar 3 with 2587 viewsdanehoop

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:44 - Mar 3 by gazza1

MC is a very educated Football Coach, lots of ideas to improve the Team, gives all the players a chance.....a proper manager, coach whatever you want to call it.

& btw this is happening without a DofF.......whatever that role is because I do not know.

Also, he is not going anywhere either......relegated or not.

gulp, going to agree fully with Gazza. The difference a quality experienced coach is making to the players is very clear. They are all improving, they work for each other, play to the roles they are assigned (and seem to understand fully what each entails) and they are totally motivated, irrespective of age/seniority or pay wage.

Importantly everyone has been given time and support to show what they can do and whether they can adapt or are willing/able to do what is required. Youth has been brought in to work with the first team, players have been brought in for games where a skill set is needed (or taken out of the firing line and worked with when it hasn't worked out - Jimmy D).

Never knowingly understood

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:24 - Mar 3 with 2365 viewsDorse

Martí Cifuentes. on 15:00 - Mar 3 by traininvain

The truth is that none of know for sure but maybe some are feeling a bit anxious after what happened with Beale.

It wouldn’t be that surprising if a top championship or relegated premiership club comes knocking or even Brighton if De Zerbi leaves in the summer given they pinched Potter from Swansea following a similar career trajectory.

But no point worrying about something that’s completely beyond all of our control!

You always say that. I want to worry, damn it!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:37 - Mar 3 with 2299 viewsnix

Martí Cifuentes. on 13:49 - Mar 3 by londonscottish

On top of all that, we've found a way to stop conceding from every single set piece and actually scored from one yesterday. One of the many interesting sub-plots.

It didn't take a tactical genius, we've been saying for months to curl the free kicks round when fks given in that kind of area (like every single other team does for good reason) instead of kicking them straight, but the penny finally seems to have dropped and instant result.

Having said that MC is a proven tactical master so maybe it's that they're actually listening to him rather than just ignoring as with previous managers.

Enjoying the earlier substitutions as well, which MC seems to have cottoned onto which again have produced excellent results. Maybe the additional physicality of the Championship means you have to put on your subs a bit earlier here than MC is used to.
Martí Cifuentes. on 16:48 - Mar 3 with 2267 viewsngbqpr

Martí Cifuentes. on 08:42 - Mar 3 by Dorse

I have said previously that in the final weeks of Gaz's tenure, I couldn't stand the players, club, Jude, box office Connor etc. I genuinely thought I hated them.

However, when Marti arrived, I likened it to watching a gripping box-set, where all these old characters that you previously thought were dead or were baddies are revealed to be on the side of the angels but just needed to be forgiven or that they weren't dead, they'd been held hostage, have escaped and are slowly rebuilding their lives etc.

Every week is a new twist: Dunne, shunned and broken, re-emerges as a right back and shows his love for us all; Dykes, a man whose blood type is tattoo ink, pilloried for his lack of goals, poor link up play and lack of vision, splits the opposition centre backs with his run, looks up and lays on a cross that opens the scoring; a club with no hope, no cash and in the mire suddenly unveils 4 new players, all of whom make us better; the club with no chance, goes away to the runaway leaders and schools them in what counterattacking football looks like, with a squad built from Lego...

I mean, come on. Who's writing this stuff? Can't wait for the next episode.

Agree with every word...except I could NEVER hate Jude, our disco dancing dandy.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:51 - Mar 3 with 2246 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:37 - Mar 3 by nix

It didn't take a tactical genius, we've been saying for months to curl the free kicks round when fks given in that kind of area (like every single other team does for good reason) instead of kicking them straight, but the penny finally seems to have dropped and instant result.

Having said that MC is a proven tactical master so maybe it's that they're actually listening to him rather than just ignoring as with previous managers.

Enjoying the earlier substitutions as well, which MC seems to have cottoned onto which again have produced excellent results. Maybe the additional physicality of the Championship means you have to put on your subs a bit earlier here than MC is used to.

I cannot figure out how every team in the Championship and PL can fire in corners with pace ,precision and power curving under the bar causing mayhem except us.
They are too short ,long or floating and not only come to nothing but cause breakaways against us.
Our free kicks are shocking until Chair delivered that beauty so that needs to be the standard going forward .
I suspect Marti figured out the biggest problem was the amount of goals we were letting in ,corrected that now has to try and fix the rest .
He is so good this far imagine when he has the off season and some of his own recuits we could be an excellent team
Martí Cifuentes. on 16:59 - Mar 3 with 2208 viewsnix

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:51 - Mar 3 by CLAREMAN1995

I cannot figure out how every team in the Championship and PL can fire in corners with pace ,precision and power curving under the bar causing mayhem except us.
They are too short ,long or floating and not only come to nothing but cause breakaways against us.
Our free kicks are shocking until Chair delivered that beauty so that needs to be the standard going forward .
I suspect Marti figured out the biggest problem was the amount of goals we were letting in ,corrected that now has to try and fix the rest .
He is so good this far imagine when he has the off season and some of his own recuits we could be an excellent team

Yes I agree Pat, he had a lot of issues to contend with and stopping us shipping goals from set pieces had to be the priority. But looks like he's focusing on the other end of the pitch now.

Maybe we'll score from a corner next week!!!!!
Martí Cifuentes. on 17:19 - Mar 3 with 2125 viewsstevec

Really like him.

Can’t get past the fact that Marti arrival and the subsequent improvement rather coincides with the removal of the gruesome twosome, Les and Ramsey.

Feels like a cloud has lifted over the entire building.
Martí Cifuentes. on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 2084 viewsRangersw12

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:19 - Mar 3 by stevec

Really like him.

Can’t get past the fact that Marti arrival and the subsequent improvement rather coincides with the removal of the gruesome twosome, Les and Ramsey.

I think that's just coincidence

I think it's more to do with the fact he's had more time with the players to get across his ideas.

Also let's not forget what an awful state Ainsworth left this squad in who were beret of confidence and hadn't been properly coached for months so it took time .

Either way he's done a fantastic job and if he keeps us up must be contender for manager of the year imo
Login to get fewer ads

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:41 - Mar 3 with 2006 viewsgazza1

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:19 - Mar 3 by stevec

Really like him.

So, are you suggesting that if GA was still the manager then he would have moved us forward like MC has???

If you are, please explain!!!
Martí Cifuentes. on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 2000 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:10 - Mar 2 by Superhoops2808

I thought this was the reason too...

People need to stop beating the club with a stick for something that was really out of their control to a point!!

But rather than appoint a progressive coach who has a philosophy of playing good football...you appoint his antithesis!
Martí Cifuentes. on 17:56 - Mar 3 with 1929 viewsstevec

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:41 - Mar 3 by gazza1

So, are you suggesting that if GA was still the manager then he would have moved us forward like MC has???

If you are, please explain!!!

Ha, not at all.

As I say, do like him. He’s clearly a cut above, but those two had a vice like grip over this club and it was undermining everything. The billionaires son in law appeared to have no clout over them either.

If you’ve got bad management at the top it’s unlikely you’ll get the best out of anything beneath. That bad management no longer exists. It looks like a completely different set of players. That’s not coincidence.
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 1913 viewsdaveB

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:56 - Mar 3 by stevec

Ha, not at all.

As I say, do like him. He’s clearly a cut above, but those two had a vice like grip over this club and it was undermining everything. The billionaires son in law appeared to have no clout over them either.

If you’ve got bad management at the top it’s unlikely you’ll get the best out of anything beneath. That bad management no longer exists. It looks like a completely different set of players. That’s not coincidence.

I don't think the changes at the top have anything to do with current team performances, it's all about the manager getting his ideas across and some new players making a real difference.

Les left 5 months before Marti came in and we saw no real change in fact things got worse
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:21 - Mar 3 with 1844 viewsHarbour

I really like how modest he is when we get a good result it’s always about the players. When interviewed about subs tactics that went well he never lets it be about him. Clearly great man manager loved it yesterday at the end when his name was being sung he was pointing at the players. Seems very grounded does not go over board about wins or losses and not afraid to say when we could do better. Tactically astute a cut above the last few managers. Hopefully we will avoid relegation and see what he could do with a pre season.
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:31 - Mar 3 with 1769 viewsgazza1

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:56 - Mar 3 by stevec

Ha, not at all.

Dear old GA was the problem mate, nobody else. He basically did not have a clue.
Martí Cifuentes. on 19:58 - Mar 3 with 1571 viewsstevec

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:31 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Dear old GA was the problem mate, nobody else. He basically did not have a clue.

Can’t argue with that.

And I’m not arguing with the view that Marti is a very good manager.

Just reflecting that every manager under Les and Ramsey was fighting a consistent losing battle when it came to getting the likes of Duke McKenna, Kelman, Richards, Kakay, Dozzell out of the equation.

Get rid of those two and suddenly the dross disappear off the scene. Marti has been a revelation but you can’t help wonder how things might have been if he was similarly handcuffed to the hands dealt ad infinitum by Les and Ramsey.
Martí Cifuentes. on 21:05 - Mar 3 with 1458 viewsNorthernr

Potentially very special manager on our hands here.
Martí Cifuentes. on 22:10 - Mar 3 with 1335 viewsWatfordR

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:31 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Never a truer word, so obviously the wrong appointment and I could never understand how anyone ever thought otherwise, or how anyone saw anything in the bloke who made them think he was anywhere near up to it. A total embarrassment to the club as a manager.
Martí Cifuentes. on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 1326 viewsAntti_Heinola

Martí Cifuentes. on 21:05 - Mar 3 by Northernr

As a club, we make shocking managerial appointments. In the last 30 years we've had God knows how many managers, but only Gerry, Ollie, Warnock, Warbs and hopefully Marti can really be described as at least 'good' appointments (and Ollie was pretty much because no one else would (understandably) touch it, so not much credit to be given there).
Let's hope Marti beats them all, and stays for a while. Personally, I'll be shocked if he's still our manager at the start of the season after next, but I'm going to enjoy the ride. I hope.

I love a caveat.

Bare bones.

Martí Cifuentes. on 22:24 - Mar 3 with 1296 viewsPunteR

Martí Cifuentes. on 21:05 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Reel it in lads c'mon. We've all had a drink.!
We are level on points from 2nd off bottom.

Jim Magilton got us unplayable once.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Martí Cifuentes. on 23:12 - Mar 3 with 1202 viewsSydneyRs

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:00 - Mar 3 by daveB

I don't think the changes at the top have anything to do with current team performances, it's all about the manager getting his ideas across and some new players making a real difference.

Les left 5 months before Marti came in and we saw no real change in fact things got worse

Les also didn't want GA, but some won't let that get in the way of blaming him for everything.
[Post edited 3 Mar 23:13]
Martí Cifuentes. on 23:21 - Mar 3 with 1184 viewsibnumber10

Martí Cifuentes. on 22:15 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

As a club, we make shocking managerial appointments. In the last 30 years we've had God knows how many managers, but only Gerry, Ollie, Warnock, Warbs and hopefully Marti can really be described as at least 'good' appointments (and Ollie was pretty much because no one else would (understandably) touch it, so not much credit to be given there).
Let's hope Marti beats them all, and stays for a while. Personally, I'll be shocked if he's still our manager at the start of the season after next, but I'm going to enjoy the ride. I hope.

I love a caveat.

Also
Dave Sexton - Man Utd
El Tel - Barca
Jim Smith - Toon (although not sure they were better then us back then)
All went on after decent spells with us
Marti has already shown us how good he is, if we can stay up next season will be epic.
I hope he stays with us for a few years, I’m sure he will get a massive job in time.
Martí Cifuentes. on 23:37 - Mar 3 with 1151 viewsnumptydumpty

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:57 - Mar 2 by WatfordR

I have two thoughts about all this,

Thought number one. We survive. MC gets a close season to mould a squad that he wants. And then we will have a season to really enjoy before he gets picked off by a bigger club. But having a decent squad to push on with, we'll be able to attract a clone of MC from abroad, and kick on again from there. And in 10 years from now, we'll be able to look back on the appointment of MC as the turning point in our club's modern history.

Thought number two. We are not allowed nice things. And an approach from Barcelona is probably only a few months away.

Or Wolves and he turns it down !

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Martí Cifuentes. on 00:06 - Mar 4 with 1110 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Really hope he stays, he's passionate that's for sure, his reaction. Armstrongs goal, the head down from Dunne and hild up by Field, its all clearer and with a better focus on the team, I really hope he stays. Also hope some of these players sign on for more as there's something there for sure.
Martí Cifuentes. on 00:08 - Mar 4 with 1108 viewsPunteR

Martí Cifuentes. on 23:12 - Mar 3 by SydneyRs

Les also didn't want GA, but some won't let that get in the way of blaming him for everything.
[Post edited 3 Mar 23:13]

He really should have been in a position at the club to not let that happen after 9 years. The fact it did showed what a pointless job he had and probably why he quit/sacked or whatever it was.
I dont blame him for everything though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Martí Cifuentes. on 00:57 - Mar 4 with 1012 viewsFredManRave

Martí Cifuentes. on 16:24 - Mar 3 by Dorse

You always say that. I want to worry, damn it!

Danny Paddox feel free to amend as you see fir, but it's a seriously true life suggestion that all should follow;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024