Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Refection 17:50 - Mar 9 with 4274 viewsbluenwhite10

After Wednesday night’s performance expectations were high but in true QPR tradition we were brought back down to earth with a bang.

Lots of possession in the 1st half without actually producing anything meaningful but looking very comfortable against a very poor side.

I believe we all thought it would come and let’s be patient when we went in at halftime.

The 2nd half polar opposite to Wednesday’s 2nd halfand very poor especially the balls into the box and not being able to break the lines and yes the inevitable happened and Boro scored and a second soon followed.

I can honestly it was poor and we never looked like creating anything and 3 points dropped against a poor side. We looked tired and clueless as the game progressed.

Poor performances from Cook, Chair, Field, Frey but at a push MOM Dunne.

But this week really sums up life as a QPR fan with the extremes of the highs of Leicester and Lows of Boro and the emotions of Wednesday.

Up the R’s
Boro Refection on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 1352 viewsstainrods_elbow

Boro Refection on 18:09 - Mar 9 by rbee

63% of first half possession brought Ole's from the crowd and little in the way of creating good chances.

It's been a very tough week for everyone involved with the club so we don't dwell on it and take some well earned rest and prepare for next Saturday.

On the back of six defeats the Sunderland fans will start complaining very quickly if we can contain them at the beginning of the game.

Those 'oles' from the crowd at 0-0 worried me in their stupidity and misplaced arrogance, and Sints picked up on them in comms as well. I know we've all had a drink, and things are looking up, and we're fans so we're fanatical, hyperbolical and often pathological, and have been the footballing antithesis of 'spoiled' in recent months, but Marti's repeated plea for humility and focus in his post-match interview was the professional way to do it. I think we'll rest up, reset, and get a decent result at Sunderland. Nevertheless, if the season were to end tomorrow, the Rs would be staying up, so we've just got to maintain our equilibrium.
[Post edited 9 Mar 20:41]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Boro Refection on 23:10 - Mar 9 with 1218 viewsnumptydumpty

Boro Refection on 20:37 - Mar 9 by stainrods_elbow

Those 'oles' from the crowd at 0-0 worried me in their stupidity and misplaced arrogance, and Sints picked up on them in comms as well. I know we've all had a drink, and things are looking up, and we're fans so we're fanatical, hyperbolical and often pathological, and have been the footballing antithesis of 'spoiled' in recent months, but Marti's repeated plea for humility and focus in his post-match interview was the professional way to do it. I think we'll rest up, reset, and get a decent result at Sunderland. Nevertheless, if the season were to end tomorrow, the Rs would be staying up, so we've just got to maintain our equilibrium.
[Post edited 9 Mar 20:41]

Err we haven't all had a drink!!!

Very uninspired display

No excuses because over exertions from Wednesday. Boro played Wednesday also and had to travel down this way also, so using Wednesday as an excuse for sleepy performance doesn't cut it.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Boro Refection on 23:27 - Mar 9 with 1154 viewsCateLeBonR

I thought boro defended quite well.
Boro Refection on 23:58 - Mar 9 with 1080 viewsdavman

20-25 minutes of good football then nothing. The second half was a bit of a disgrace to be fair. Leggy from the two games; Frey should not have started and I thought Field should have been rested. That said, clear why Marti wants to play Frei when Dykes is the option; he was extremely poor when coming on.

Chair wasteful whilst he was on, but what you saw in the second half is what QPR look like attacking wise when he is not in perpetual motion. And yet there were cries of "he's holding on to it too much; JUST CROSS IT" around me. When he goes next season, you might all wake up to what we'll be missing.

Anderson's legs went after 60; Smyth looked very game, but very lightweight when he came on. Willock tried gamely, but was a bit lost without his mate. Paal yet again beat no-one and did not deliver one decent cross throughout the game.

...and Flappy at the back. No, just don't. Useless.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boro Refection on 00:24 - Mar 10 with 1023 viewsSydneyRs

Boro Refection on 18:03 - Mar 9 by ManinBlack

As we ran West Brom ragged I fear they will be leggy like us today allowing Huddersfield to capitalise and go above us. Hope this won't be the case.

The extra day will help them.

We have to try and have perspective. Wasn't that long ago we were on the same trajectory as Rotherham, now we are right in the mix. We'd have all taken our current position a couple of months ago.
Boro Refection on 01:18 - Mar 10 with 977 viewsDamo1962

Boro Refection on 23:10 - Mar 9 by numptydumpty

Very uninspired display

No excuses because over exertions from Wednesday. Boro played Wednesday also and had to travel down this way also, so using Wednesday as an excuse for sleepy performance doesn't cut it.

Agree. Lazy excuse. Sounds like we were almost back to GA days. I was en outraged...now I'm concerned again. This club can make you Bi Polar alright.
Boro Refection on 07:16 - Mar 10 with 850 viewsdmm

That was a classic After the Lord Mayor's Show performance from us. It's easy to be wise after the event but I agree that a different starting 11 might have been better. Hodge, who's had very little game time, might have given us an injection of energy. That said, Cifuentes did try to change things with the 3 subs just 10 minutes into the second half, but to no avail.

I'm disappointed but still confident we'll beat the drop. 7 points or more from the next 4 matches should put us back on track.
Boro Refection on 08:01 - Mar 10 with 776 viewsderbyhoop

For me it was the lack of energy and urgency that cost us. We were OK 1st half, pinging the ball around nicely. Although we didn't create enough. 2nd half we looked knackered. I can't recall a single shot on target in last 45.
We need recovery time and go again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Boro Refection on 08:38 - Mar 10 with 743 viewsQPROslo

Boro Refection on 20:19 - Mar 9 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes, I must admit I was cringing when the ole's started. Not a clever move as it wasn't warranted and perhaps transmitted the wrong message to the players.

And the play concluded by us passing it backwards and not exploiting the space left by drawing defenders in. Last time we played similar out left, at Bristol?, we concluded by using the space left behind them and with a hard Willock shot on goal but straight at their Keeper.
Boro Refection on 10:37 - Mar 10 with 649 viewslassel

Easy to say in hindsight but the starting lineup was wrong - Frey is very switched on and leads the line well, dropping in regularly to the build up, but what is clear by now is that he only has one pace and that pace is erosion. It means that we need the wide players to get up ahead of him and/or Field channeling his inner Lampard to arrive late in the box.

Clearly yesterday everyone was knackered after West Brom. In reflection it was a game to start with Armstrong to do the running for everyone else, and potentially also Hodge in the role behind.

Ultimately Boro are a decent team and we were evenly matched for maybe 60 minutes but everyone visibly tired and they were able to take the chances presented to them.
Boro Refection on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 630 viewsdaveB

First goal was key yesterday, whoever got it was going to win, nothing in the game really before that, both teams cancelled each other out.

Dieng was very good for them, 2 really good saves in the first half and his distribution was excellent
Boro Refection on 11:08 - Mar 10 with 586 viewsjohnhoop

Thought it was most definitely “a game of two halves”. We were definitely the better side in the first half and looked far more likely to score.
Then, after half-time, Boro seemed to up their level of intensity dramatically and had us pinned back from the start. The substitutions made little difference and Seny had virtually nothing to do in the Boro goal.
So maybe the burnout factor from Wednesday might be a reason and hopefully after a week’s rest they’ll be ready to go again.
Boro Refection on 11:34 - Mar 10 with 534 viewsCamberleyR

Boro Refection on 23:10 - Mar 9 by numptydumpty

Very uninspired display

Middlesbrough had a far easier game on Wednesday night, they played against ten men for an hour...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Boro Refection on 11:42 - Mar 10 with 517 viewsSimonD

Boro Refection on 10:43 - Mar 10 by daveB

First goal was key yesterday, whoever got it was going to win, nothing in the game really before that, both teams cancelled each other out.

Dieng was very good for them, 2 really good saves in the first half and his distribution was excellent

Exactly this.

Whichever of their defenders who made that excellent tackle on Smyth after he had rounded Dieng as good as won the match for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024