Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 61928 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Begovic on 21:44 - Apr 20 with 2355 viewsMrSheen

One job tonight. Did it superbly.
Begovic on 22:41 - Apr 20 with 2178 viewsNorthantsHoop

Begovic on 21:25 - Apr 20 by bosh67

Have to give him credit today. Good all game.

Personally think Begovic gets a rough deal has been on the whole a good shot saver and got us out of a hole in a few games.
Begovic on 22:44 - Apr 20 with 2157 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 22:41 - Apr 20 by NorthantsHoop

Personally think Begovic gets a rough deal has been on the whole a good shot saver and got us out of a hole in a few games.

Begovic has been pretty poor most of the season, surely you can see that.

Smart save today and played a decent game overall without being tested more than once.
Begovic on 22:45 - Apr 20 with 2153 viewsRangersw12

Great save at nil nil but still a Chelsea prick who needs to be fcked off

Walsh to start against Cov please
Begovic on 22:52 - Apr 20 with 2079 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 22:45 - Apr 20 by Rangersw12

Why is he a 'Chelsea Prick'??

I would say that he is a pretty average QPR goalkeeper and captain!!
Begovic on 02:59 - Apr 21 with 1850 viewsstrikerace

I would say he's a good Championship keeper. We certainly have bigger issues
Begovic on 05:56 - Apr 21 with 1708 viewsSherryHoop

Good save today but poor distribution and quite a few mistakes this season mean we could do better for the % of our budget that he is taking. No sell on value either.

Has been a decent pro off the field by all accounts and that has been helpful too. Not sure about the captain status as I don't see him as inspiring/ leading on the pitch.

I think he has become a bit of an easy target for some fans (and opposition strikers) with his Chelsea links and blunders at crucial times.
Begovic on 06:28 - Apr 21 with 1677 viewsQPROslo

Begovic on 05:56 - Apr 21 by SherryHoop

Good save today but poor distribution and quite a few mistakes this season mean we could do better for the % of our budget that he is taking. No sell on value either.

Has been a decent pro off the field by all accounts and that has been helpful too. Not sure about the captain status as I don't see him as inspiring/ leading on the pitch.

I think he has become a bit of an easy target for some fans (and opposition strikers) with his Chelsea links and blunders at crucial times.

The spill the Preston Keeper made yesterday for Dykes goal was an easier catch than Begovic's spill at Plymouth. I've read of many similar errors in Championship games recently, end of season nerves perhaps. 2 from Woodman yesterday.
[Post edited 21 Apr 11:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 1502 viewshubble

What's funny is that the two biggest scapegoats of recent times got us the win yesterday!

When results don't go our way and things start looking scary, then fans naturally look for someone to blame. Emotions take over and it's hard to be objective. I'll admit it, Begbie's flap v Plymouth had me fuming about what a c*nt he is. Terrible behaviour on my behalf. Pathetic. Such is the nature of football fandom. However, I got over myself before yesterday's game, and thinking about the season as a whole, realised that he's had a decent season, all things considered, in a team that was doomed under Ainsworth. He's played his part as much as anyone in keeping us up, and yesterday's stop was not only a brilliant reaction save, but absolutely vital in the scheme of things...

So it's Flapovic no more. Woodman proved that.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Begovic on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 1436 viewsPaddyhoops

A few boos for Begovich in the loft end. Don’t like that , regardless of people’s opinion of him .
Get behind him and support him while he’s here.
We we’re waiting for the net to ripple but he spread himself Schmichell like to make a brilliant save. Sure he hasn’t been great but it more than made up for the ricket against Plymouth.
Played well yesterday apart from a flap at one cross second half and remember we have kept a lot of clean sheets.
Begovic on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 1399 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 22:45 - Apr 20 by Rangersw12

I’m guessing you are about 12 years old.
Begovic on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 1352 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 06:28 - Apr 21 by QPROslo

The spill the Preston Keeper made yesterday for Dykes goal was an easier catch than Begovic's spill at Plymouth. I've read of many similar errors in Championship games recently, end of season nerves perhaps. 2 from Woodman yesterday.

Woodman was odd yesterday wasn't he? Looked like he'd been in the Crown with us all day.

Big save and clean sheet in a game that mattered for Begovic. Gotta give credit where it's due otherwise it becomes spiteful.
Begovic on 10:31 - Apr 21 with 1343 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic on 06:28 - Apr 21 by QPROslo

We played Preston yesterday my friend not Sheffield Wednesday. 😂

Goalkeeper clangers are easy to pick out as much as strikers messing up.

But yesterday, fair play, huge save to prevent us going one nil down and who knows what could have ensued if that had gone in.

And as someone else on here pointed out, the two most maligned players in recent times were the crucial factors in a must win game - Dykes with the goal and Begovic with the save.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Begovic on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1334 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 10:29 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Woodman was odd yesterday wasn't he? Looked like he'd been in the Crown with us all day.

Big save and clean sheet in a game that mattered for Begovic. Gotta give credit where it's due otherwise it becomes spiteful.

Totally agree. I can't stand Begovic and thought the booing for him not great in such a big game, but the man made a save that mattered, so fair play.

As for Woodman - it was bizarre. Has Nourry gone down the Chris Wright route (allegedly) with the Palace keeper in the 6-0?

I often bemoan our luck but in a vital game for us we've had the fortune of their keeper having an absolute nightmare.
Begovic on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1324 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 10:32 - Apr 21 by GaryBannister86

Totally agree. I can't stand Begovic and thought the booing for him not great in such a big game, but the man made a save that mattered, so fair play.

As for Woodman - it was bizarre. Has Nourry gone down the Chris Wright route (allegedly) with the Palace keeper in the 6-0?

I often bemoan our luck but in a vital game for us we've had the fortune of their keeper having an absolute nightmare.

If that game was in Serie B you'd just accept the thing was bent.
Begovic on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 1276 viewsOldPedro

Begovic on 10:32 - Apr 21 by GaryBannister86

I think it was such a straight-forward catch, that Woodman was already looking to release the ball before he caught it. He wasn't looking at the ball and screwed up

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Begovic on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 1213 viewsmart_Goblin

Begovic on 10:29 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Spent 5 minutes telling my son how impressed I’d been by Woodman lately so yes he now thinks and rightly so that I’m a complete idiot. But it was a very strange performance from him. I thought there were couple of Preston players that tossed it off in my opinion.
But I’ll take that all day long .

As for Begovic . Crucial save . Massive in the context of what direction the game might have headed.
So in that respect fair play to him for that.

Great save? Not really . Bloke hit it straight at him. I don’t remember people praising the goalkeeper too much when Smyth did the same at Plymouth.

But that’s not Begovic’s fault . He kept us on level terms and that was pivotal
Begovic on 10:59 - Apr 21 with 1194 viewsChrisNW6

I know this will upset many on here, but if Begovic is on the reported 10k per week, my priority would be getting a striker in and potentially giving him another year.

Tin hat dothed
Begovic on 11:07 - Apr 21 with 1181 viewsRangersw12

Begovic on 10:22 - Apr 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I’m guessing you are about 12 years old.

I'm guessing you haven't watched him play
Begovic on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 1171 viewsRangersw12

Begovic on 10:59 - Apr 21 by ChrisNW6

I know this will upset many on here, but if Begovic is on the reported 10k per week, my priority would be getting a striker in and potentially giving him another year.

Tin hat dothed

I don't see why we can't get a striker in and replace Begovic
Begovic on 11:20 - Apr 21 with 1134 viewscaptainmycaptian

Begovic on 22:41 - Apr 20 by NorthantsHoop

Well that save was absolutely massive. He did nowt wrong yesterday. Had that gone in then that is one massively different game. Praise where praise is due.
Begovic on 11:23 - Apr 21 with 1115 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 11:10 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

I don't see why we can't get a striker in and replace Begovic

I think we will, as hopefully we can loosen the purse strings a little this summer, especially if Eze gets sold.

I just don't worry about the keeper position everyweek, he does an ok job in the Championship and defensively we are sound.
Begovic on 11:28 - Apr 21 with 1082 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 10:59 - Apr 21 by ChrisNW6

Tin hat dothed

Come on, we've all had a drink.
Begovic on 11:31 - Apr 21 with 1064 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 11:28 - Apr 21 by Northernr

Come on, we've all had a drink.

🍻😂 I'm having a go at defending the indefensible
Begovic on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 1030 viewsQPROslo

Begovic on 10:31 - Apr 21 by numptydumpty

We played Preston yesterday my friend not Sheffield Wednesday. 😂

Goalkeeper clangers are easy to pick out as much as strikers messing up.

But yesterday, fair play, huge save to prevent us going one nil down and who knows what could have ensued if that had gone in.

And as someone else on here pointed out, the two most maligned players in recent times were the crucial factors in a must win game - Dykes with the goal and Begovic with the save.

Corrected thanks. Must have been thinking about who needs to lose today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024