Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 69696 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Begovic on 19:34 - Apr 10 with 3159 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 18:58 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Ha ha, ruined my childhood that guy. Hated him as well.

We seem to have goalkeepers I either absolutely adore or couldn't bare to watch ever again, and very little in between.

Simon Royce maybe. Steady Eddie.

I thought it was only me:

Loved:
Seny
Smithies
Stejskal
Hucker
Day
Camp

Hated:
Begovic
Roberts
Harper
Seaman (well, after he left)
Johns
Barron
Green
Cesar
Lumley
Miklosko

Ambivalent:
Dijkstra
Sommer
Kenny
Royce
[Post edited 10 Apr 19:35]
Begovic on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 3103 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Begovic on 19:30 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Roberts...tame shot...I can feel the anxiety all over again!!

Agree also on Begovic. And with Clive - I still can't fathom what was going through his head. It's not just the error, it's the thinking that has me stumped.

Yes, I'm still flummoxed by the decision making. Even though the cross was eminently catchable, I would understand if under pressure he decides to punch it clear. However, flapping? What was he thinking?

David James was similarly poor with routine crosses, particularly when representing England. Was it him who was nicknamed "Dracula" because he couldn't handle crosses?
Begovic on 20:41 - Apr 10 with 2986 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 19:00 - Apr 10 by Lanhoop

You aren't overreacting and you aren't wrong.

With, I think, at least 4 keepers out of contract this summer I worry they'll do something stupid like re-sign him.

If he’s coming next season I fcking ain’t.
Begovic on 20:43 - Apr 10 with 2973 viewsnix

Begovic on 20:41 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Neither is Marti if they re-sign Begovic.
Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 10 with 2947 viewsGroveR

Begovic on 13:34 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

Funnily enough, I read those arm gestures as him berating himself. In any event, it's clear, whatever his inadequacies, that one or two here just love to hate him whatever he does or doesn't do. If we still somehow sink, any sane fan will know the reasons lie elsewhere.

I think he started out intending to berate Adoma but misjudged it and ended up berating thin air.
Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 10 with 2947 viewsrbee

Begovic on 20:41 - Apr 10 by Northernr

I nearly posted a Begovic Signs Two Year Extension thread on April 1st.

A 14 page thread about a player we have no choice but playing. Excellent effort people!
Begovic on 21:02 - Apr 10 with 2880 viewsNorthernr

Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 10 by GroveR

I think he started out intending to berate Adoma but misjudged it and ended up berating thin air.

Well he's pretty good at catching it so may as well have a bit of a shout as well.
Begovic on 21:11 - Apr 10 with 2840 viewsFredManRave

Asmir "Flapjack" Begovich seen at his goalkeeping training school teaching a protege how to deal with an incoming, wafted corner, in the 6 yard area, with no fcuker around you.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 21:35 - Apr 10 with 2784 viewsQPunkR

Begovic on 18:56 - Apr 10 by Benny_the_Ball

Bizarre, indeed. I'm used to it because I remember folk making similar excuses for Tony Roberts back in the day.

I'm still astounded he's GK coach at AC Milan now!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Begovic on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 2722 viewswombat

Begovic on 21:35 - Apr 10 by QPunkR

I'm still astounded he's GK coach at AC Milan now!!

Think he was at arsenal before that.s as well , seems he’s highly respected at coaching with the leagues

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Begovic on 22:20 - Apr 10 with 2634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 10 by rbee

A 14 page thread about a player we have no choice but playing. Excellent effort people!

That would have been truly brilliant if you had, to be fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 2523 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 10 by rbee

Hopefully on an increased wage of 50k per week, he has earned it.
Begovic on 05:45 - Apr 11 with 2375 viewsB_Wad

Yet he received the highest QPR player rating on Who Scored for the Plymouth match. Lies, damn lies...
Begovic on 07:36 - Apr 11 with 2259 viewsgazza1

Roberts was not the best keeper that we have had but better than our current No 1.....and not as bad as many think - he played for Wales!!!

As for his coaching - a good keeper does not mean that he will be a good coach, likewise a poor keeper does not mean that he will make a poor coach.

Coaching & Management is a lot lot different than playing.
Begovic on 13:58 - Apr 11 with 2102 viewsDannyPaddox

A.S.M.I.R.
He is A.S.M.I.R.
He is A - Amaazing!
He is S - Super Bosnian!
He is M - The Maestro
He is I - Ibis Hounslow Resident
R - you - sure ?

Still 4 games for this one to catch on.
Begovic on 14:16 - Apr 11 with 2038 viewscolinallcars

He comes from Bosnia-Hurtsafootballsupporta.
Begovic on 12:37 - Apr 13 with 1723 viewsSK_hoops

Begovic on 13:58 - Apr 11 by DannyPaddox

A.S.M.I.R.
He is A.S.M.I.R.
He is A - Amaazing!
He is S - Super Bosnian!
He is M - The Maestro
He is I - Ibis Hounslow Resident
R - you - sure ?

Still 4 games for this one to catch on.

It's certainly catchier than Begovic on crosses.
Begovic on 15:56 - Apr 13 with 1577 viewsridethewave

Honestly, that Begovic mistake may very well be the thing that gets us relegated.
Begovic on 17:11 - Apr 13 with 1463 viewsGroveR

Begovic on 15:56 - Apr 13 by ridethewave

Honestly, that Begovic mistake may very well be the thing that gets us relegated.

You get relegated for being shìt consistently over a season. Which we have been.

The fact that Begovic is shìt has contributed to the fact we've been shìt but that one mistake isn't the reason we are where we are.
Begovic on 17:31 - Apr 13 with 1403 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 15:56 - Apr 13 by ridethewave

Honestly that’s a load of rubbish.

Terrible error to be sure but our total failure in attack over the last three games is the reason we are now right back in the relegation mire.
Begovic on 17:44 - Apr 13 with 1340 viewsOldPedro

Begovic on 17:31 - Apr 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Honestly that’s a load of rubbish.

Terrible error to be sure but our total failure in attack over the last three games is the reason we are now right back in the relegation mire.

Genuine question - why do you defend him so much??? For a player with so much experience, he is unbelievably poor?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Begovic on 17:46 - Apr 13 with 1325 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 17:44 - Apr 13 by OldPedro

Genuine question - why do you defend him so much??? For a player with so much experience, he is unbelievably poor?

What is he adding today? Saved nothing. Incredibly slow off his line for the second - a keeper who uses his feet is out to clear that. Down in instalments for the third. Can't kick it very well. Really don’t see an issue with playing Walsh tbh.
Begovic on 17:55 - Apr 13 with 1289 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Begovic on 17:46 - Apr 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

What is he adding today? Saved nothing. Incredibly slow off his line for the second - a keeper who uses his feet is out to clear that. Down in instalments for the third. Can't kick it very well. Really don’t see an issue with playing Walsh tbh.

Everybodys biggest fear to be honest that Begovic would crumble under the pressure with zero goals coming for us and teams running through us like Hull today.
Only saw the first goal and think it was a stunning top level strike rather that Begovic too far off his line . I will wait for Boston to deliver the lowlights to see the other 2.
Begovic on 18:15 - Apr 13 with 1218 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 17:44 - Apr 13 by OldPedro

I don’t think he’s much good, makes too many mistakes and hope to God he leaves in the summer but it’s ridiculous the amount of posts that seem to blame him and that one mistake as being the main reason we are not safe from relegation. The main issue is at the other end of the pitch as we don’t score goals.

Same with Dykes who seems to get most of the blame for our lack of goals when ALL of our ‘attacking’ players are equally culpable.

The back four and Field can say they have performed well over the last few months: none of the others can and that is why we are now right back in it.
Begovic on 18:25 - Apr 13 with 1175 viewsOldPedro

Begovic on 18:15 - Apr 13 by Ned_Kennedys

I don’t think he’s much good, makes too many mistakes and hope to God he leaves in the summer but it’s ridiculous the amount of posts that seem to blame him and that one mistake as being the main reason we are not safe from relegation. The main issue is at the other end of the pitch as we don’t score goals.

Same with Dykes who seems to get most of the blame for our lack of goals when ALL of our ‘attacking’ players are equally culpable.

The back four and Field can say they have performed well over the last few months: none of the others can and that is why we are now right back in it.

Fair enough although keepers always get a fair bit of flak because their mistakes often lead to goals.

For me, he is up there with the worst keepers we've had in the last 40 years and is a huge part of the why we are where we are in the table. However, the same could be said of half of the squad.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024