Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread 15:11 - Mar 12 with 40275 viewsMonkey_Roots

Will we be Top Cat or just another sorry looking, well beaten pussy?

If this goes badly, Spaceman can come back…

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 2144 viewstraininvain

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:58 - Mar 16 by lassel

Absolutely turgid unfortunately.

They’ve been on the beach for weeks and even gifted us 2 great chances and we still couldn’t win.

The only saving grace is that everyone else around lost too.

If you think today was turgid, I’d love to hear what you thought at half time vs Blackburn at home!

Btw we didn’t lose today so your last paragraph doesn’t really make sense.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 2123 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tbh today doesn't change much. The crucial matches are coming up and if we fail to beat the likes of Birmingham then we deserve to go down.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 2110 viewsbaz_qpr

Agree with the above Sunderland were terrible

But really below par from a number of players today, Dykes, Chair, Paal, Colback all well below what they can do. Hodge was dreadful when he came on too. Getting less convinced with Dunne at right back every game. And even saying that we should have one 2-0 the fact that MOTM has to go to Hayden, Cook or my choice Clarke-Salter against such a poor team says much.

Need to see far more accountability from the attacking players it felt complacent!
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 2107 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:36 - Mar 16 by davman

Well nervy now. We have zero quality going forward without Chair on the pitch. Can't keep the ball.

Only a point here will be a missed opportunity..

Less a travesty.

Chair poor for me today, gave the ball away countless times and barely got a ball in the box. Dykes also poor, but nothing new there. Both substituted and rightly so. Good running from Armstrong but can’t finish for putty.

A distinct lack of conviction and too passive for me, barely moved out of second gear but had two chances to win it and fluffed both.

A bit disappointed tbf.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:03 - Mar 16 with 2093 viewsLblock

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 16:53 - Mar 16 by Damo1962

At least it feels like you have eleven on the pitch with Armstrong...as opposed to ten with Dykes.

This all day.

That bloke earning a wage as a pro player gives us all hope..... and I'm 55 years old!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 16 with 2049 viewslassel

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 16 by traininvain

If you think today was turgid, I’d love to hear what you thought at half time vs Blackburn at home!

Btw we didn’t lose today so your last paragraph doesn’t really make sense.

I mean the majority of this season has been turgid and that was no different.

In the second part, this was our easiest game left this season and we dropped 2x points. Hence everyone else around not winning so the only good thing out of this round of games.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:06 - Mar 16 with 1961 viewsGloucs_R

This is such a mental League. Everyone up to 16th place risks relegation in my opinion.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:06 - Mar 16 with 1960 viewsSpaceman_P

I like both Armstrong and Frey would be interesting seeing them play together one day.
Login to get fewer ads

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:06 - Mar 16 with 1952 viewsnumptydumpty

I have been a supporter for Dykes with his running and energy at times but today that was nowhere and he achieved nothing.

Clear that Frey or Armstrong now are the starting forwards of choice.

We probably edged it and perhaps one of Armstrongs three half way runs could have resulted in the elusive goal.

Very good at the back, Clarke Salter, Cook and Hayden were excellent in that regard.

Willock and Chair not in the game today and Andersen tired after a decent first half.

Frustrating but no other teams won and two of our next three games are against fellow strugglers, two wins and we nearly there.

Shame Willock could not put late chance away but at least we didnt give the game away.

Lets all have a rest.
[Post edited 16 Mar 17:09]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:07 - Mar 16 with 1949 viewsed_83

Awful game, with two poor teams playing disjointed, unattractive football. Feels like two points dropped, if only for that Willock chance a few minutes from the end: ten yards out, unmarked, keeper out of position, he absolutely has to score.

Positives: thought we looked solid and well-organised defensively, Sunderland had plenty of the ball but barely forced Begovic to make a save, Andersen was good until he was subbed and Armstrong caused them loads of problems when he came on. A point away here would be, in most other circumstances, a decent result.

Negatives: Armstrong aside we're painfully slow and predictable in attack, and constantly incapable of finding the right final ball or finish. Getting goals out of this team is torture, even against opponents as poor as Sunderland were today.

This is the first of a run of games against teams in appalling form and / or in the relegation mire with us. If that's what we bring to our next four fixtures, we're going to be serious trouble.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:08 - Mar 16 with 1916 viewsconnell10

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 16 by lassel

In the second part, this was our easiest game left this season and we dropped 2x points. Hence everyone else around not winning so the only good thing out of this round of games.

We got a point mate , we didn't lose the game. People need to get a grip.We are in the position we are in because we are not very good, so a point Away to Sunderland I'll take everyday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 1882 viewstraininvain

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:04 - Mar 16 by lassel

Not sure what to say if you can’t see a difference between today / recent performances and what was served up earlier in the season under Ainsworth.

Agree it’s probably two points dropped but it could prove a crucial point given how tight it is at the bottom of the table. Who knows whether we’ll have easier games, far too early to say.

I suspect our season will be defined by the three games following the international break- Birmingham (h), Swansea (a) and Sheff Wed (h). Seven points minimum requirement.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 1867 viewsted_hendrix

I know you mustn't pick on Individual players but Dykes Is driving me mad, he has nothing In his football tool bag and has had nothing In his football tool bag since the day he joined us.

I'm bloody pissed off with the bloody bloke I know I shouldn't be but he hasn't progressed since he joined us.

Might sound like a scapegoat post but It's not meant to be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 1854 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought this was a good away point, yes Sunderland are in poor form, but the important thing is we came away with something from a tough place to go. I thought we looked tight, composed and could have won it.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 16 with 1822 viewsLblock

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Tbh today doesn't change much. The crucial matches are coming up and if we fail to beat the likes of Birmingham then we deserve to go down.

Gutted we haven't won that.

At the moment my body and mind feels like "if you cannot beat a team like that at the business end of the season when you need wins then you sort of deserve to go down."

Two best chances fell to us in Anderson and Willock, both should've scored for me.
Throughout the team it just felt like a bit of a malaise. Some really wayward first touches, leggy, a bit too deep at times.
I just wonder if having that absolute joke of a striker up top for an hour drains other players confidence?

Maybe later I'll get the feeling others have got of "point gained, still teams below us and Hudds didn't beat the Millers, etc, etc"

JCS our MoM closely run by Dunne
Colback and Haden one paced.
Hodge I do not rate at all
Willock giving it a go.
Chair weight of the world on his shoulders.... fasting?
The rest just .... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Wife.... pour the wine

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:11 - Mar 16 with 1797 viewsjoolsyp

Was very worried about today’s round of games, we easily could have found ourselves back in the bottom 3 if results hadn’t gone our way. Pretty much as you were with 8 games left and we’re in the 40s (just). 3 wins and a draw or two from the last 8 should do it so for now it’s in our hands. In Marti we trust.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:12 - Mar 16 with 1763 viewsstevec

The lack of a goal scorer will always mean we are up against it.

We now have six games where we should have the self belief to get over the line, problem is they’re mostly games where we are expected to make the game and that has proved fatal on many occasions with this side.

Whatever happens, if we go down now we deserve to go down, no excuses.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 16 with 1736 viewstraininvain

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:09 - Mar 16 by NorthantsHoop

Thought this was a good away point, yes Sunderland are in poor form, but the important thing is we came away with something from a tough place to go. I thought we looked tight, composed and could have won it.

The fact we’re disappointed not to win today shows how far we’ve come under Cifuentes. We’ve become a difficult team to beat and I feel confident that we’ll stay up.

Also important to look at the teams around us- Huddersfield couldn’t beat already relegated Rotherham, Sheff Wed got a hiding at Ipswich, Stoke lost 3-0 at home and Birmingham also lost.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 16 with 1685 viewskensalriser

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:06 - Mar 16 by Gloucs_R

This is such a mental League. Everyone up to 16th place risks relegation in my opinion.

Yep, but a couple of weeks ago it was the entire bottom half. I think Blackburn and Millwall will do enough to stay out of it and the next couple of games will see the scrap reduced to the bottom six.

Win the next two and I think we're almost there. Big if though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewsdaveB

very frustrating, should have won given chances we missed but feels like a massive missed opportunity given other results

Chair. Hodge and Dykes all poor today imo
Hayden, Colback, JCS and Cook all played well
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 16 with 1667 viewsrbee

Bearing in mind that Sunderland had no shots on target and that we created some good chances then the result is disappointing. With some better finishing, better decision making from Armstrong, then we have the three points.

Plenty of positives of course with the relatively easy clean sheet, a good battling performance, no injuries, but we REALLY must start putting more points on the board.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 16 with 1658 viewsdutch

Some of you lot seem to think we support Bayern bloody Munich. We were the away team, playing against a side ten (roughly) places above us in the league, we were the better side, created much the better chances and never really looked like conceding. Al the teams around us lost, and we have just gone a point closer to survival, with (almost) the best goal difference of any team in the shake up. I'll take that any day.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:20 - Mar 16 with 1565 viewskensalriser

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 16 by dutch

Some of you lot seem to think we support Bayern bloody Munich. We were the away team, playing against a side ten (roughly) places above us in the league, we were the better side, created much the better chances and never really looked like conceding. Al the teams around us lost, and we have just gone a point closer to survival, with (almost) the best goal difference of any team in the shake up. I'll take that any day.

Bah. Forget their league position, they've lost the last six games and have half the first team out injured. We should have won that. Would have done if we'd been any of the other six teams that have played them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 16 with 1505 viewsMatch82

The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:13 - Mar 16 by traininvain

The fact we’re disappointed not to win today shows how far we’ve come under Cifuentes. We’ve become a difficult team to beat and I feel confident that we’ll stay up.

Also important to look at the teams around us- Huddersfield couldn’t beat already relegated Rotherham, Sheff Wed got a hiding at Ipswich, Stoke lost 3-0 at home and Birmingham also lost.

Ignore the results themselves, imagine being a Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday or Huddersfield fan tonight. We played poorly but got a point away against a team in the top half (albeit not one that played like it.

Those 3 lost by 3 goals at home, lost by 6 goals and could only draw with the worst team in the league by far.
The Black Cats vs Jude the Cat Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 1495 viewsBenny_the_Ball

M'eh. As you were.

Two ways of looking at it depending on whether you're a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person.

On the one hand, a turgid performance and a missed opportunity to put some daylight between us and the bottom 3. Puts added pressure on the upcoming 6 pointers against Birmingham, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday.

On the other hand, a point away from home at a difficult venue, most of the other results going our way, and still above the dotted line with games running out.

So, all in all, I'm sticking with m'eh.
[Post edited 16 Mar 18:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024