Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Predictor - final table 11:22 - Mar 16 with 35072 viewsRed_Ranger

You know the thing.
Fill in your predicted results of remaining games.
Throws up final table
Anyone done one/ got one to share?
BBC used to do one , cant see one on their site.

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:13 - Apr 9 with 4123 viewsLblock

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:52 - Apr 9 by GaryBannister86

It's because if you really examine the fixtures, it makes you realise the table is a bit better than it looks.

Mainly because as there are a few sides below us, rather than a huge points gap, there are a few games where they play each other and also a few pretty tough games for them (although after tonight perhaps Leicester and Leeds aren't that tough).

I'm not saying we are safe but I just filled in the thingy pretty pessimistically, giving us 0 more points and thinking lots of teams below will do better than you think....and we stayed up by two positions and 2 points.

I'm not saying we are safe, but although it seems odd looking at the table, if I didn't support QPR and I was analysing it I would be confident in saying we have enough points.

I would be nervous, of course, if we get no more but if you offered me 1 more point I think that will be enough.

But with that man in goal, it seems tricky.

This is why those two points dropped (literally by that Chelscum c-unit) is such a kick in the balls

I should be sitting here now with a large four fingered glass of Amaretto over ice on the go, content that its job done. Instead we’ve yet again helped a rival and one that hadn’t scored at home for 534 minutes and kept them hoping rather than left them dejected.
At this stage of the season those two precious points are massive.
We’ve dropped FIVE points in four days to, quite frankly, shocking opposition and that is shameful; though I do agree tonight much better display

I had us up on 47 but in reality I think 49 is needed.
No idea what happens here on in but if we do stay up it really is a miracle after spurning EIGHT opportunities to lay rivals to rest and reinforce a points buffer.

Fook this club and what they done to me over the years!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:38 - Apr 10 with 3987 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

It’s not a miracle it’s just normal in the Championship. 46 points is usually enough and you have to be very weak indeed or commit suicide to be relegated in all but exceptional years. For us that was never likely to happen after Cifuentes got going and brought in the players he did in January. All this panic and drama is entertaining but unnecessary. We seem to be good against Hull and Preston and could beat both of them if only we take a chance or two. 16th anybody?
Championship Predictor - final table on 08:19 - Apr 10 with 3790 viewsngbqpr

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:52 - Apr 9 by GaryBannister86

It's because if you really examine the fixtures, it makes you realise the table is a bit better than it looks.

Mainly because as there are a few sides below us, rather than a huge points gap, there are a few games where they play each other and also a few pretty tough games for them (although after tonight perhaps Leicester and Leeds aren't that tough).

I'm not saying we are safe but I just filled in the thingy pretty pessimistically, giving us 0 more points and thinking lots of teams below will do better than you think....and we stayed up by two positions and 2 points.

I'm not saying we are safe, but although it seems odd looking at the table, if I didn't support QPR and I was analysing it I would be confident in saying we have enough points.

I would be nervous, of course, if we get no more but if you offered me 1 more point I think that will be enough.

But with that man in goal, it seems tricky.

Agreed. I just did the calculator awarding us a measly one additional point from a draw with PNE. That had us 20th, ahead of Weds on GD, with Hudds and Plymouth down.

So for all the mega frustration of the last 180 minutes...I think the number of teams now below us with games running out / just not very good will see us right.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Championship Predictor - final table on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 3663 viewshantssi

Amazing isn’t it but just 2 points from the 2 Weds games and they’d be 10 points behind us and we’d almost certainly be safe now!!
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:30 - Apr 10 with 3494 viewsTheChef

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:04 - Apr 9 by eastside_r

I kind of agree - the number of head-to-heads between teams below us should be our saving grace.

And a lot of those teams below us also need a massive reversal in form.

I think we'll be OK.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:40 - Apr 10 with 3307 viewsHarbour

What do we want tonight…Cardiff and Bristol City wins and Stoke Swansea draw and add in boro to beat Hull..
Championship Predictor - final table on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 3190 viewsstevec

Did the Championship predictor based on all the teams in trouble winning all their remaining games and flip flopping points between those playing each other and even with that ridiculous scenario we’d likely stay up with another 6 points.
Championship Predictor - final table on 14:22 - Apr 10 with 3064 viewsCamberleyR

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:40 - Apr 10 by Harbour

What do we want tonight…Cardiff and Bristol City wins and Stoke Swansea draw and add in boro to beat Hull..

Of the three that directly concern us:
Swansea to beat Stoke, keeps them below us
Cardiff to win although they've got the flip flops on so Brum have a chance
Brizzle win

Of the others, Boro to win as Hull's playoff hopes would pretty much be ended, so better for us at the weekend.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Championship Predictor - final table on 20:36 - Apr 10 with 2850 viewsaston_hoop

Did a pessisimistic predictor with us losing 4 games and being realistic about other teams. We still stayed up on goal difference. So thats nice

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 2792 viewsHAYESBOY

Championship Predictor - final table on 20:36 - Apr 10 by aston_hoop

Did a pessisimistic predictor with us losing 4 games and being realistic about other teams. We still stayed up on goal difference. So thats nice

Same, albeit a draw at home with Preston to finish on 48. Had Plymouth and Birmingham down on 45.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:17 - Apr 10 with 2778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

15/1 now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:23 - Apr 10 with 2751 viewsHastings_Hoops

8/1 for Blackburn is generous odds given their remaining matches!
Championship Predictor - final table on 07:46 - Apr 11 with 2470 viewsnix

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:23 - Apr 10 by Hastings_Hoops

8/1 for Blackburn is generous odds given their remaining matches!

Thing is both Leeds and Leicester have won only two of their last five matches - same as us. Both having a relative wobble. This part of the season throws up some really weird results. Blackburn good at getting draws which might be enough.
Championship Predictor - final table on 08:29 - Apr 11 with 2407 viewsdmm

I'm still hoping we'll reach refuge before the Leeds and Coventry games. I'm not sure that will happen but we might still by the final game of the season.
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 2301 viewsTheChef

Championship Predictor - final table on 07:46 - Apr 11 by nix

Thing is both Leeds and Leicester have won only two of their last five matches - same as us. Both having a relative wobble. This part of the season throws up some really weird results. Blackburn good at getting draws which might be enough.

Blackburn are just bizarre currently. Thrash Sunderland and then get thrashed themselves at Bristol City.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:40 - Apr 11 with 2162 viewsterryb

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:11 - Apr 11 by TheChef

Blackburn are just bizarre currently. Thrash Sunderland and then get thrashed themselves at Bristol City.

I think the Sunderland result was the anomaly.
Championship Predictor - final table on 16:16 - Apr 11 with 2077 viewscaptainmycaptian

The Sheffield Wednesday results was and is just typical rangers in my experience. Always doing things the hards way would be boring to do it other ways. The Plymouth result might be seem as a decent one it was a point on quite a few teams below us. But I hear you cry we have an awfully touch run in. Yes the Preston game becomes a big big game. We might scrape a draw against a tired Hull. The draw could give us points over a few that play each other. 50 points is the target has been since that Watford away disgrace. Fingers crossed for Saturday
Championship Predictor - final table on 23:59 - Apr 20 with 1496 viewsGaryT

Just been playing with the predictor to see what results could send us down and everything hangs on Wednesday losing to Blackburn. if they don't we might need to find another point from somewhere.

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php
Championship Predictor - final table on 00:29 - Apr 21 with 1397 viewsMatch82

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:59 - Apr 20 by GaryT

Just been playing with the predictor to see what results could send us down and everything hangs on Wednesday losing to Blackburn. if they don't we might need to find another point from somewhere.

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php

Because they play each other, we are guaranteed to finish above one of Huddersfield and Birmingham (barring a ludicrous goal difference swing).

If Sheffield Wed beat Blackburn, they still need a win and draw in their next 2, and then Blackburn would need a point to overtake us (including a game away to Leicester)

And if Sheffield Wed get that, Plymouth would need a win or two draws in their next 2

And if Plymouth gets that Stoke would need a point, or to equal or better the goal difference from our games.

Or we could just get a point. But realistically, today was monumental as a result and it would take something very special from here for us to screw up.
Championship Predictor - final table on 00:32 - Apr 21 with 1375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:29 - Apr 21 by Match82

Because they play each other, we are guaranteed to finish above one of Huddersfield and Birmingham (barring a ludicrous goal difference swing).

If Sheffield Wed beat Blackburn, they still need a win and draw in their next 2, and then Blackburn would need a point to overtake us (including a game away to Leicester)

And if Sheffield Wed get that, Plymouth would need a win or two draws in their next 2

And if Plymouth gets that Stoke would need a point, or to equal or better the goal difference from our games.

Or we could just get a point. But realistically, today was monumental as a result and it would take something very special from here for us to screw up.

Today was monumental, and I'll celebrate that.

But there's no way I'm celebrating survival yet.

P.S. Thanks for the summary. Genuinely appreciate that.
[Post edited 21 Apr 0:32]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:46 - Apr 21 with 1321 viewsGaryT

Because they play each other, we are guaranteed to finish above one of Huddersfield and Birmingham (barring a ludicrous goal difference swing). Hudds are gone

If Sheffield Wed beat Blackburn, they still need a win and draw in their next 2, (Weds v West Brom 1pt, Sunderland v Weds 3 pts)

and then Blackburn would need a point to overtake us (including a game away to Leicester) (Blackburn v Coventry 1pt)

And if Sheffield Wed get that, Plymouth would need a win or two draws in their next 2 (Millwall v Plym 1pt, Plym v Hull 1pt)

And if Plymouth gets that Stoke would need a point (Stoke v Bristol 3pts), or to equal or better the goal difference from our games.

Or we could just get a point. (That would be nice....and Wednesday losing, that would be nice too)

But realistically, today was monumental as a result and "it would take something very special from here for us to screw up". (shhhhh)
[Post edited 21 Apr 0:54]
Championship Predictor - final table on 01:01 - Apr 21 with 1266 viewsMatch82

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:32 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Today was monumental, and I'll celebrate that.

But there's no way I'm celebrating survival yet.

P.S. Thanks for the summary. Genuinely appreciate that.
[Post edited 21 Apr 0:32]

Oh I've been around far too long to celebrate staying up yet, we know if anybody are experts in getting "special" sets of results it's us!

But I feel way more comfortable knowing just how much has to go right for other teams now, and hopefully the pressure being off means we'll go and do something stupid like smash 6 past Leeds.
Championship Predictor - final table on 08:24 - Apr 21 with 1012 viewsKensal_Ranger

Championship Predictor - final table on 01:01 - Apr 21 by Match82

Oh I've been around far too long to celebrate staying up yet, we know if anybody are experts in getting "special" sets of results it's us!

But I feel way more comfortable knowing just how much has to go right for other teams now, and hopefully the pressure being off means we'll go and do something stupid like smash 6 past Leeds.

A few things have to go right for some teams below us, for us to trip up at this point.

But:
Sheffield Weds are perfectly capable of escaping relegation if they can beat Blackburn today.
Birmingham have an easier run-in than most, and have identical GD to Rangers.

I ran a few scenarios this morning and scared the bejesus out of myself when, in one version of the future, we get relegated on 50pts. Plus Huddersfield.

We’re not out of this by a long way and may even need another 2/3pts, if Weds win today.

Let us pray….
Championship Predictor - final table on 08:31 - Apr 21 with 975 viewsThGrimRanger

Championship Predictor - final table on 08:24 - Apr 21 by Kensal_Ranger

A few things have to go right for some teams below us, for us to trip up at this point.

But:
Sheffield Weds are perfectly capable of escaping relegation if they can beat Blackburn today.
Birmingham have an easier run-in than most, and have identical GD to Rangers.

I ran a few scenarios this morning and scared the bejesus out of myself when, in one version of the future, we get relegated on 50pts. Plus Huddersfield.

We’re not out of this by a long way and may even need another 2/3pts, if Weds win today.

Let us pray….

QPR are 100-1 with bet365 this morning to be relegated. With just 2/3 games to go that’s good enough for me.
[Post edited 21 Apr 8:39]

TheGrimRanger

Championship Predictor - final table on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 787 viewswortonr

Looks to me like over 10 results all need to go badly for us to go down. Even with our luck surely highly unlikely. And that’s why we are 100-1 in the odds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024