Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country 22:25 - Mar 31 with 6382 viewscolinallcars

Seeing as we've got a couple of music threads going……I think I may be the only country fan on here but Beyonce has a country album out which newspaper critics are wetting themselves over. The Times had a little list of essential country records which surprise, surprise, would not appeal to real country fans.
Anyone heard her album?
I expect I'll find it on youtube eventually.
Country on 13:58 - May 17 with 961 viewsR_from_afar

Country on 14:15 - Apr 2 by Esox_Lucius

Not just a Wichita Lineman...

I'm not much of a country fan but may have to reconsider based on what I am learning on this interesting thread.

I love, love, love Wichita Lineman, though, it's a haunting track with a great guitar solo. I've taught myself to play the basic tune on the guitar.

Without wishing to take us way off topic, which Ozrics album were you listening to just now? I am a huge Ozrics fans but feel that the albums since "Paper Monkeys" are really just rehashes of what they have already produced. My theory, not just for the Ozrics but for any band, is that the quality of their music is always better when more than one band member is responsible for the creative process.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Country on 12:55 - May 21 with 830 viewskomradkirk

always loved this lady
Country on 06:20 - May 23 with 699 viewsB_Wad

Navajo country

Country on 16:46 - May 23 with 618 viewscharmr

A band called Waxahatachee playing UK soon.
Soulful country but not cliched.

Anyone fancy posting a tune thanks in advance
Country on 17:57 - May 23 with 592 viewsBucksRanger

Country on 18:26 - May 23 with 564 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Country on 23:42 - May 23 with 489 viewsNed_Kennedys

Country on 18:26 - May 23 by TacticalR

What a voice Patsy had.
Love a bit of Kenny & Dolly: they had a real connection.

Country on 01:06 - May 24 with 475 viewsqpr1976

Not a huge Country fan, but …..
Love a bit of J Cash
Weirdly, Elvis Costello - Almost Blue & better still King of America and he’s Blue Grass’d up plenty last 10 years.
Charlie Daniels - Devil Goes Down To Georgia, does that count ?

Heading to Tennessee early next year, so may well add to this then…..
Login to get fewer ads

Country on 21:36 - May 24 with 418 viewsrbee

Country on 21:46 - May 24 with 413 viewsrbee

Glen was a great guitar player and played on many hits, I'm A Believer, I Get Around, Viva Las Vegas, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling etc, before finding his own fame.

Country on 22:48 - May 24 with 393 viewscolinallcars

Think I may have posted this before - super guitar player.
Country on 23:54 - May 24 with 346 viewsFredManRave

I'm a Big Country fan.

Yes, yes, I know, but anything to move that awful "hate plane" thread off the first page.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Country on 10:16 - May 25 with 288 viewsfrancisbowles

Country on 01:06 - May 24 by qpr1976

Not a huge Country fan, but …..
Love a bit of J Cash
Weirdly, Elvis Costello - Almost Blue & better still King of America and he’s Blue Grass’d up plenty last 10 years.
Charlie Daniels - Devil Goes Down To Georgia, does that count ?

Heading to Tennessee early next year, so may well add to this then…..

It certainly does count.

I listen to various streamed blues, rock and country shows and Creedence Clearwater Revival are one of several acts that are regularly played on all of them.

Genres have never been so wide.
Country on 10:46 - May 25 with 254 viewsBklynRanger

Country on 17:57 - May 23 by BucksRanger

Good shout there with Waxahatchee - I love that song Lilacs and the way they drag out the 'oooooh' after 'you' at the midway point - simple but beautiful.

So much good alt country cross over stuff. Jason Isbell seems to be doing well these days - saw him at the Cadogan Hall recently, all cleaned up and slim and on top of his game - was a really good night.

I've always liked Gregory Alan Isakov in a similar, slightly less country vein. You can start to get into a question of definitions of what's country if you're not careful but good is good.

This song and album came out when I was in my late teens - I was all over it but haven't listened for years for some reason. Still pretty raw and great I think.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024