Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Replays Scrapped 12:05 - Apr 18 with 10121 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68844583

RIP The FA Cup

Well done the Premier League and Sky you utter thunderc*nts.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:17 - Apr 19 with 1423 viewsWegerles_Stairs

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 09:58 - Apr 19 by Watford_Ranger

I like it but it’s cutting off their noses to spite their faces. The cup is a potential source of huge income for these clubs which are generally different shades of skint. A fan boycott would be good but doubt the powers that be will give a crap.

The big clubs have so few replays anyway and rarely in the 3rd/4th rounds. Lots of bad PR for no real gain. The clubs it benefits to some extent are probably the big L1/2 clubs who avoid a tricky replay in Winter with a Conference club. For everyone else I see it as either bad or fairly irrelevant. It’s the total avoidance of consulting anyone below the Prem which really irks me.

I think if everyone pulled out but the top 32, there'd be such an outcry that the FA/Premier League would have to steer back. Come on, it would be hilarious if the cup only had five rounds and was basically the Zenith Data Systems Cup.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:18 - Apr 19 with 1427 viewsKonk

Everyone knows that the magic of the cup is the opportunity for non-league/lower division clubs to play against clubs from the higher divisions, either with the chance of a packed house and an upset or a visit to a ground you might not otherwise get a chance to see your team play at. I remember bunking off work to queue up for tickets when we drew Man Utd at Old Trafford in the cup in 1999, and 8,500 Fulham travelling up for the game. The majority of other lower division clubs have taken similar supports to the big clubs over the years. Equally, it’s an opportunity for regular away fans of Man Utd etc to see their club playing at a new ground in the lower divisions. So, with that in mind I’m proposing the following:

1) Scrap all the rounds up to the semi-finals.
2) Liverpool v Man Utd in the first semi. 8pm kick-off on a Saturday night. Venue: Doha.
3) Man City v Arsenal in the second semi. 7pm kick-off on a Sunday night. Venue: MetLife stadium, NJ.
4) 8pm kick-off for the final. Venue: Riyadh.

4,000 tickets to be made available to each club. 10% of tickets to cost no more than £60, with the rest going for upwards of £180. No concessions. True supporters will be happy to pay it. The rest going to sponsors, local dignitaries, and wealthy business people.

The semi-final draw would always involve the same 4 clubs but operate on a 3 year cycle to keep the cup fresh and exciting. I had considered scrapping the semi-finals too but think that might kill some of the magic.

This way, the most important and special clubs in England get the opportunity to give big match experience to the young players they have nicked off all the other clubs, but who otherwise wouldn’t get valuable minutes.

What an absolute bunch of cu nts, these clubs are. I absolutely loved watching them all crash out of Europe this week. Presumably Liverpool got smashed at home by Atalanta because even the knowledge that there was the possibility of having to have a replay in the FA cup this season, wore the poor twa ts out and meant they were unable to unable to focus fully on conquering Europe.

I’m on something of a boycott of Fulham because of our absolute piss-taking ticket prices, which is a proper shame as it’s my club and we have a really decent team at the moment, but the upside is that I’ve been watching quite a lot of random games at all levels. I’m not sure if I could watch non-league every week, but I go to a few non-league games every year with my dad, and it does restore your faith a bit. Volunteers keeping clubs ticking over, hardly any diving/cheating, no VAR, prices that don’t immediately convey to you that the owners hate you and think you’re an idiot, and a sense that the club is genuinely representing their community (even if most of the community would sooner watch Liverpool on the telly in the pub). I generally find the same at lower division clubs. I actually love the Championship.

On the subject of mid-ranking clubs resting players - does my absolute head in. Fulham are never going to win the PL, but with a bit of luck with the draw, it's not completely inconceivable that we could win one of the cups. And yet every year, even when we're completely safe from relegation, we still have fans insisting that it's critically important that we rest players in the cups, to strengthen our chances of finishing 11th rather than 14th. Who wants to look back on a cup final win when you could get all misty eyed about the time you finished 12th in the PL. We even had it the year we got to the Europa League final.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1404 viewstkqpr

IF it can make a difference?

https://www.change.org/p/reverse-the-decision-to-scrap-fa-cup-replays
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 1353 viewsKonk

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:19 - Apr 19 by tkqpr

IF it can make a difference?

https://www.change.org/p/reverse-the-decision-to-scrap-fa-cup-replays

If I ever get off my ar se and stage a coup to take over the FA, I'm going to introduce a rule, whereby any club with a turnover of more than £100m automatically has to play 6-legged ties in every round of the cup (3 at home - 3 away) with the games held in a single week, and if a player doesn't play at least 70 minutes of a cup game, they can't play in the next 50 PL games and they have to hand their passport into the police, meaning they can't play in European away games or go on holiday to Dubai either. Even players with broken legs have to play. Wan kers.

International football: Now that the WC and Euros have 132 countries qualifying for the finals, let's just get rid of all qualifying and everyone automatically qualifies. Pretty much there anyway. You can have a squad of 80 players, so no need for burn out. Get rid of the Nations League or whatever the fu ck it is.

European football: Champions League - get to fu ck. Bring back the European cup. I'll be releasing the rest of my manifesto once I've seized control of football.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:39 - Apr 19 with 1306 viewsted_hendrix

I suppose Mr fatty will be happy sat In his enormous armchair watching Liverpool FC
playing Liverpool reserves whilst wearing his half and half scarf and stuffing smokey bacon crisps down his enormous gob shouting out on the odd occasion ''that was close did you see that''.
Mrs fatty walks down the stairs, trips up on the half landing rolls down the remaining stairs, across the hall and into the what Is loosely called the lounge, coming to a halt in front of the 98 inch tv screen blocking Mr Fatty's view.
Mr Fatty shouts at Mrs Fatty ''get out the way you fat c hunt'' not realising that Mrs Fatty Is indeed dead.
When the half time whistle blows Mr Fatty rings the emergency services to Inform them of Mrs Fatty's demise.
Liverpool reserves beat Liverpool FC 1-0, Horace Batchelor scored the winning goal.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:53 - Apr 19 with 1261 viewsCamberleyR

We've had our own down the years of course. A few examples:
6-1 vs West Ham in '78
Two epic replays with soon to be league champions Forest in '78
Three replays in the '82 cup run
The fourth round replay with Arsenal in '90. Every round we made that season had a replay.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 1258 viewsNorthernr

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:53 - Apr 19 by CamberleyR

We've had our own down the years of course. A few examples:
6-1 vs West Ham in '78
Two epic replays with soon to be league champions Forest in '78
Three replays in the '82 cup run
The fourth round replay with Arsenal in '90. Every round we made that season had a replay.

Macca's last second headed winner up at Huddersfield.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:57 - Apr 19 with 1239 viewsted_hendrix

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:54 - Apr 19 by Northernr

That was bliss, we went mental...................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:58 - Apr 19 with 1236 viewsfrancisbowles

Stan's direct free kick, last minute v Coventry in 1974.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 1224 viewsOldPedro

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:57 - Apr 19 by ted_hendrix

That was bliss, we went mental...................

I couldn't celebrate that goal as I had gone with some Huddersfield fans and was sat in the main stand. Only time I've ever done that and will never do it again.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:13 - Apr 19 with 1212 viewsNorthernr

Always good for a re-watch. Steve Ryder midweek MOTD, Gerald Sinstadt on coms, Wegerle in full flight, rain pouring down, look at that Lower Loft.

I was born in the wrong year.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:58 - Apr 19 with 1147 viewsLblock

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:13 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Always good for a re-watch. Steve Ryder midweek MOTD, Gerald Sinstadt on coms, Wegerle in full flight, rain pouring down, look at that Lower Loft.

One of my favourite moments following this club

Was at back of the Lower Loft but ended up and the front

Got home soaked to the bones and watched the highlights one video twice before I started coming down off the adrenalin

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:06 - Apr 19 with 1127 viewsloftboy

And against Manchester United circa 88

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:40 - Apr 19 with 1008 viewsdigswellhoop

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:10 - Apr 18 by sdm19994

Bring back the super league, get rid of them, couldn’t care less. Disgrace.

If you dont like the old rules dont enter fa cup so then no congestion for the primma donnas in premier league
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 17:32 - Apr 19 with 834 viewsterryb

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:58 - Apr 19 by francisbowles

Stan's direct free kick, last minute v Coventry in 1974.

And against The Pensioners in the third round.

I missed the game as I went home from work "sick" (afternoon due to 3 day week/electricity cuts), for it to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I didn't think I could repeat that move when it was played!
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:45]
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 17:42 - Apr 19 with 813 viewsdaveB

best thing that can happen is for EFL clubs to stick together and pull out of it for a season, they'll soon change it back.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 810 viewsLanhoop

Maybe this will help the poor, overworked PL luvvies out a bit by taking a few matches off their season.

The Carabao EFL Cup winners get a place in the Europa Conference league thingy.

The EFL Cup can only be entered by teams in the EFL.

Sorry, doesn't help the National League and below but would make the EFL Cup quite a thing for a lot of teams.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 19:08 - Apr 19 with 727 viewshamptonhillhoop

One of my best ever nights at Loftus Road. Bought a ticket off a tout outside. Can still remember both goals hitting the back of the net. stood in the loft, just to the left of the goal
[Post edited 19 Apr 19:14]
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 720 viewshamptonhillhoop

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:06 - Apr 19 by loftboy

And against Manchester United circa 88

I always remember watching that back on the telly later, and just before the corner for our equaliser came over Tony Gubba said words to the effect of "and can Manchester United hold on here, because it's really important to them"
As if we were just bit part players.
I bear grudges
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 19:34 - Apr 19 with 703 viewsPaddyhoops

Listening to Five live at the moment. Kevin Nolan of West Ham defending the Scrapping of the FA cup because of work load on his players.
Darren Fletcher has put him back in his box saying that it’s a disgrace it’s been scrapped.
Nolan reckons that majority of EFL clubs fans want to see English clubs winning European trophies.
I’ve got news for you Mr Nolan. The majority of EFL fans don’t give a flying f**k about
the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea Winnig European trophies.
Fair play to Darren Fletcher. He said as much.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 19:40 - Apr 19 with 690 viewspaulparker

Yes you were !!!
I also remember beating them in the league 2-0 as well a few weeks later
Wilkins & Wegerle tore them a new one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 20:01 - Apr 19 with 676 viewsNorthernr

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 19:34 - Apr 19 by Paddyhoops

Listening to Five live at the moment. Kevin Nolan of West Ham defending the Scrapping of the FA cup because of work load on his players.
Darren Fletcher has put him back in his box saying that it’s a disgrace it’s been scrapped.
Nolan reckons that majority of EFL clubs fans want to see English clubs winning European trophies.
I’ve got news for you Mr Nolan. The majority of EFL fans don’t give a flying f**k about
the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea Winnig European trophies.
Fair play to Darren Fletcher. He said as much.

The first question every single one of these cnts should be asked is... what you doing for pre-season?

These poor, overworked Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal players are all in America up to and including the Saturday before the Friday of the first match of the season, playing each other in fcking NFL and baseball stadiums.

When you're doing stuff like that, you forgo any right at all to talk about too many games or player burn out.

Also worth saying that all these global tours deprive the clubs lower down of another earner. Idiot scum like us used to be able to count on a friendly against a Spurs-type side in the last Saturday before the season which would get 10,000 or so in at £10-20 a throw, now they're too busy fcking about selling shirts to the Japanese. For clubs lower down - Grimsby, Scunny types - that final friendly of the summer (I saw Keegan bring Newcastle, Joe Royle bring Man City to Glanford Park) was worth six figures to them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 608 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:58 - Apr 19 by Lblock

One of my favourite moments following this club

Was at back of the Lower Loft but ended up and the front

Got home soaked to the bones and watched the highlights one video twice before I started coming down off the adrenalin

My absolute favourite.

Like you, in the Loft, ended up down the front and gloriously soaked.

What. A. Fuggin'. Night!

What a cup campaign! No replays, my bollix.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 21:52 - Apr 19 with 534 viewshamptonhillhoop

It's all for the good of the game
https://www.beinsports.com/en-nz/football/articles/club-friendly-in-australia-co
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 22:30 - Apr 19 with 499 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 20:38 - Apr 19 by BrianMcCarthy

My absolute favourite.

Like you, in the Loft, ended up down the front and gloriously soaked.

What. A. Fuggin'. Night!

What a cup campaign! No replays, my bollix.

Me too.We used to stand in the blue metal area in the lower loft and 34 years later I’m still there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024