Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road journey 08:02 - Apr 19 with 4809 viewsGaryBannister86

Just realising the only place I've not sat is the Upper Loft. A total mystery to me up there.

What's your Loftus Road journey? Mine....

80s - South Africa Road with Dad, then Ellerslie with Dad
90s - South Africa Road with Dad, then Loft seating with mates
2000s - Loft seating with mates then Loft family stand with son
2010s - Loft family stand with son
2020s - Loft standing with son

As son turns 18 on Sunday, am thinking I will soon be a flat-capped singleton doddering to games on my own with a flask of Horlicks. Where does one sit for that? Back to South Africa Road? Or is that what is in the mysteries of the Upper Loft?
Loftus Road journey on 08:04 - Apr 19 with 2783 viewsNorthernr

Only ever had two spots. Used to stand right at the back in the corner between P and Q blocks with dad, then moved to the front of F in SARS for 99/00, been in that seat ever since.
Loftus Road journey on 08:19 - Apr 19 with 2739 viewslondonscottish

M Upper Loft At the back, usually standing
P Lower Loft. Always standing :-)

In both cases with my son and near mates.

In terms of places I've sat with what I think is actually the best view I'd say either halfway back in the Upper Loft or halfway up Ellerslie on the halfway line.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Loftus Road journey on 08:34 - Apr 19 with 2683 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Great thread.
70s to early 80s Loft end towards the right of the goal near the front as you look at the pitch.
Then we all moved to the paddocks late 80s just to the right of the dugout. My little South London group then started dissipating. This didn't bother me to start with as I could just still stand with all the other blokes we had met and got to know over the year. But becoming all seater made me billy no mates. Then worked abroad for a few years and started a family so had a break.
Inducted my two young lads and we went in X block as we built up to the Warnock glory season. Stayed there a few years then moved to my current seat in R Block. I love it there and have made many friends there.

Edit - forgot to add that we had a few seasons in the SAR courtesy of Ian Dawes who was a friend at the time and let us use his complimentaries. I also had a night in upper School End with my Man United supporting mate when we turned them over. Was not celebrating that one!
[Post edited 19 Apr 10:08]
Loftus Road journey on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 2656 viewsngbqpr

Random mid 70s games - Paddock
Late 70s into 80s (first ST) - Loft (standing)
From going all seater for around 25 years - Upper Loft (a few block / seat moves)
From Warnock promotion season onwards - R block

Done SAR a fair bit for occasional games in seasons where I didn't have an ST.

Did the season in School End lower when the Loft was being developed...plus again the odd random special ticket offer game.

So only School End upper where I've never been (for obvious reasons - I didn't bother with those 'semi-lockdown games').

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Loftus Road journey on 08:40 - Apr 19 with 2654 viewsstowmarketrange

First game in 1970 and I stood in the paddock for a few games before moving to the front of the loft.Mid 70’s I was up by the old tea hut where Q block now is.Late 70’s to now was spent back in the middle of the loft.
I have been in Ellerslie and South Africa rd,but I’ve never been in the school end.
Loftus Road journey on 08:46 - Apr 19 with 2623 viewsLandshark

Loftus Road journey on 08:04 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Only ever had two spots. Used to stand right at the back in the corner between P and Q blocks with dad, then moved to the front of F in SARS for 99/00, been in that seat ever since.

Front of F in SARS you say...is this you?

Loftus Road journey on 08:47 - Apr 19 with 2616 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road journey on 08:46 - Apr 19 by Landshark

Front of F in SARS you say...is this you?

Haha, no it's not but
a) that is basically exactly where I sit
b) you could have shot some similarly fcking horrendous videos of me down the years
Loftus Road journey on 08:50 - Apr 19 with 2596 viewsslmrstid

I've had my seat in Ellerslie Road since I was 9 in 1999/00.

I've sat in the Upper Loft twice in my life, last time for the pre-season friendly against Leicester a few years ago when it was the first couple of friendlies post-Covid.

South Africa Road I last sat in around 2006-ish when we beat Northampton Town 3-2 and Ellerslie Road was shut. Never sat in the School End.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road journey on 09:04 - Apr 19 with 2537 viewsFrankRightguard

Started going regularly 90/91 and stood in the paddock, then got season ticket Upper Loft for 91/92 and been there in the same seat ever since.
Loftus Road journey on 09:21 - Apr 19 with 2466 viewsdmm

I've watched the game from all parts of our lovely ground. The view standing by the old tea hut on the SA terrace was nice.
Loftus Road journey on 09:22 - Apr 19 with 2466 viewsChrisNW6

Late 70s G Block with Uncle and Loft with mates
80s Upper Loft front row behind goal with family
90s Didn't have a season ticket but upper loft mainly
00s D Block with mates until relocated to G because of W12 club!!
Present Day G Block with mates
Loftus Road journey on 09:32 - Apr 19 with 2424 viewsAddinall

Loftus Road journey on 09:21 - Apr 19 by dmm

I've watched the game from all parts of our lovely ground. The view standing by the old tea hut on the SA terrace was nice.

Agreed. Stood there until the new stand was built.Cup of tea and
a cheese roll for 6d.
Loftus Road journey on 09:44 - Apr 19 with 2366 viewsHayesender

First season proper 82/83 started in the west paddock. Stayed there till 87 when I won a competition in the Today newspaper and won a season ticket in the South Africa rd stand. Hated it as there was no atmosphere, so the following season I progressed to the loft terrace, where I stayed till its demise.

Since then lower loft seats, Ellerslie Rd, then to upper loft, back to Ellerslie, and now upper loft again. I'm like a nomad

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loftus Road journey on 09:45 - Apr 19 with 2363 viewsmart_Goblin

Loftus Road journey on 08:47 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Haha, no it's not but
a) that is basically exactly where I sit
b) you could have shot some similarly fcking horrendous videos of me down the years

My dad sits about there too. You must be really close. He probably drives you mad by coming in late every match 😂
Loftus Road journey on 09:49 - Apr 19 with 2357 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road journey on 09:45 - Apr 19 by mart_Goblin

My dad sits about there too. You must be really close. He probably drives you mad by coming in late every match 😂

I am in no position to pass judgement on how anybody else round there behaves.
Loftus Road journey on 09:52 - Apr 19 with 2345 viewsGroveR

I only ever sat in Ellerslie once and that was my first game in 1984. It was the terracing in the Loft after that until we went all-seater, JU after that, SAR C block when we went down to L1 until we got relegated from the Prem the first time. Chose to knock it on the head then as fatherhood and drinking from 10am until midnight on a Saturday wasn't working out as well as I'd planned.
Loftus Road journey on 09:53 - Apr 19 with 2341 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loft.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road journey on 10:03 - Apr 19 with 2311 viewsterryb

1967-1980 I stood just behind the goal (Ellerslie Road side) in The Loft
1980/81 Sat in the School End (LR being converted & this was the home end)
1982 Upper Loft
1983-2002 I attended very few games
2002-2004 Anywhere I could get a ticket for!
2004-2006 Ellerslie Road (the only area I could buy a season ticket)
2006-2018 Upper Loft block K
2018 onwards Upper Loft - back row of block M

My current seat is the best position I've had since the glory days of standing on The Loft!
[Post edited 19 Apr 10:36]
Loftus Road journey on 10:08 - Apr 19 with 2293 viewsngbqpr

Loftus Road journey on 08:34 - Apr 19 by CroydonCaptJack

Great thread.
70s to early 80s Loft end towards the right of the goal near the front as you look at the pitch.
Then we all moved to the paddocks late 80s just to the right of the dugout. My little South London group then started dissipating. This didn't bother me to start with as I could just still stand with all the other blokes we had met and got to know over the year. But becoming all seater made me billy no mates. Then worked abroad for a few years and started a family so had a break.
Inducted my two young lads and we went in X block as we built up to the Warnock glory season. Stayed there a few years then moved to my current seat in R Block. I love it there and have made many friends there.

Edit - forgot to add that we had a few seasons in the SAR courtesy of Ian Dawes who was a friend at the time and let us use his complimentaries. I also had a night in upper School End with my Man United supporting mate when we turned them over. Was not celebrating that one!
[Post edited 19 Apr 10:08]

haha that reminds me, our group did a couple of seasons in the Paddock when it went from seats to standing for a while - we were right by the tunnel, and christened it "Dissers corner" - partly to show we were down with the new hip hop lingo of the time; and partly cos there was a group of regulars who did nothing but moan and slate everyone (ours and theirs) all game.

But I'm sure that wasn't you CCJ!

Had a very entertaining run in with Steve Sedgeley, we managed to wind him right up.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Loftus Road journey on 10:29 - Apr 19 with 2211 viewsBoston

School End Terrace; running around being a right nuisance.

Paddock Terrace; near tunnel with our(then) other singing, clapping section.

The Loft

Front of SAR B Block usually (when I'm in town).

Occasionally found elsewhere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road journey on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 2173 viewsRangersw12

First game 89/90 season Ellerlise
Various random games in SA
ST with my Dad lower loft
ST with my Dad upper loft front row
Have been in HU for at least 10/15 years now with mates
Loftus Road journey on 10:44 - Apr 19 with 2165 viewsgazza1

Back in the day I was a Loftus Road stand as a boy.....you had you pay extra money to get into that stand because it had a roof (No roof in SAR or School End, main stand was Ellerslie Road where the players changing rooms were and the only seating in the ground). There was a little kiosk between the SAR & LR for adults to pay, dont think my Dad used to pay for me. There was also a walled off section just behind the goal for safety reasons for the children. I was in that stand when we had 35,000 against Leeds but not in the kids place.

Moved to SAR after I stopped playing myself in the mid 80's.......Saw Norf as a little shite back then going on about Lee Cook (his favourite player and he thought the sun shined out of his backside!!), he was with his Uncle who I spoke too and we laughed about Norf!!! Still in the SAR but Norf is now a f'ing big shite.
Loftus Road journey on 10:44 - Apr 19 with 2163 viewspaulparker

1980s was mainly ER, SA ,
Early 1990s was paddocks and loft
Late 90s SA
Early 2000s SA
Mid to Late 2000s ER
Current times been more upper loft , lower loft with safe standing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loftus Road journey on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 2167 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road journey on 10:44 - Apr 19 by gazza1

Back in the day I was a Loftus Road stand as a boy.....you had you pay extra money to get into that stand because it had a roof (No roof in SAR or School End, main stand was Ellerslie Road where the players changing rooms were and the only seating in the ground). There was a little kiosk between the SAR & LR for adults to pay, dont think my Dad used to pay for me. There was also a walled off section just behind the goal for safety reasons for the children. I was in that stand when we had 35,000 against Leeds but not in the kids place.

Moved to SAR after I stopped playing myself in the mid 80's.......Saw Norf as a little shite back then going on about Lee Cook (his favourite player and he thought the sun shined out of his backside!!), he was with his Uncle who I spoke too and we laughed about Norf!!! Still in the SAR but Norf is now a f'ing big shite.

I still think the sun shines out of Lee Cook's backside though.
Loftus Road journey on 10:53 - Apr 19 with 2129 viewshantssi

Loftus Road journey on 08:04 - Apr 19 by Northernr

My dad had a ST there for years until about 2006 until he became too ill to attend games.
He had a spare ticket so I often joined him there.
Anyway, my journey started at the front of the School End in the early 70’s, stood on a little wooden stool so I could see, then on to the Loft in the mid/late 70’s.
I never had a ST myself as I played on Saturday so I get a seat where I can, sat in the Upper Loft for the Oldham semi final and B block in SAR for the Wigan game, tomorrow I’m in ER.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024