Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Reflection 20:19 - Apr 20 with 4480 viewsbluenwhite10

It is not often you can say in life that Rangers turned up when they needed but today they did just that.

A few stray passes at the start but we can put that down to nerves other than that it was a strong team performance.

Commitment, Desire and Battle was on show today.

I have been a big critic of Begovic this season but he kept us in it with a fine save from Miller in the 1st half.

Preston keeper proved there is worse out there than Begovic in dealing with crosses by flapping and putting it on a plate for Dykes.

Hung on a bit at the end without Preston creating anything clear cut.

Strong performance from all but those who really shined was Dunne, Dykes , Wiilock and Field but my MOM was Clarke Salter.

Only the craziest of results will send us down now.

A massive well done to the fans today for creating a special atmosphere at HQ today, but the biggest well done goes to Marti for picking us up turning us around and delivering us to the finishing line. Come on you R’s
Preston Reflection on 20:37 - Apr 20 with 3484 viewsAgedR

Well said.

Credit to whoever found and appointed Marti.

I love my team.

Looking forward with optimism, which was unthinkable not that long ago. Get a striker and we’ll be challenging top 6 next season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Preston Reflection on 21:10 - Apr 20 with 3244 viewsBlackCrowe

JCS probably just edges MOM, but Willock was immense today.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Preston Reflection on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 3116 viewsbosh67

JCS and Dunne were immense today. Dunne also brilliant going forward. I was level with him pitch side and he's so good on the ball now. He's kind of like our Declan Rice at times. It wasn't pretty but the whole team put in a big shift today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Preston Reflection on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 3095 viewsStreathamRanger

Preston Reflection on 21:27 - Apr 20 by bosh67

JCS and Dunne were immense today. Dunne also brilliant going forward. I was level with him pitch side and he's so good on the ball now. He's kind of like our Declan Rice at times. It wasn't pretty but the whole team put in a big shift today.

Dunne was great. Not sure why there was a thread saying the Dunne 'experiment' was over. I'm more concerned about Paal. Teams always target him and he's much weaker than Dunne defensively.
Preston Reflection on 21:41 - Apr 20 with 2987 viewsJamesB1979

JCS…..a man who “didn’t care” and was “faking injuries” according to some. Huge game and he stood up. I think it was one of best defensive performances I’ve seen at qpr. Quality player. I think he’s also the “right sort”. Questions on his personality were out of order.
Preston Reflection on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 2917 viewsslmrstid

I thought we were superb and should have been easily clear before the last 10 minute panic, and that's just pressure more than anything.

That's the Dykes I wish we saw every week. The fact we don't means he has to move on this summer, but today he was superb. Should/could have had two or three himself though.

Can't criticise anyone today though in reality, I thought we were magnificent. Colback's yellow was a bit braindead which risked nullifying that defensive cover he provides but he got away with it.
Preston Reflection on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 2898 viewsbaz_qpr

Paal had a torrid opening 20 minutes with Miller tearing him apart and then for some reason Preston switched Miller to the other side, he then grew into the game.

2nd Half that was one of the best team performances of the season, frustrating that we did not get the second goal but the defence was immense and especially Jake Clarke Salter.

I would be amazed if he does not get a Premiership move in the summer.

Also a quick word for Anderson, had a few misplaced passes but the 3 10's worked for the first time this season and interplayed really well, but Andersons set pieces were fantastic, great to see him whipping those corners in as the floater to Dunne has become predictable
Preston Reflection on 21:59 - Apr 20 with 2798 viewsOldPedro

Preston Reflection on 21:47 - Apr 20 by slmrstid

I thought we were superb and should have been easily clear before the last 10 minute panic, and that's just pressure more than anything.

That's the Dykes I wish we saw every week. The fact we don't means he has to move on this summer, but today he was superb. Should/could have had two or three himself though.

Can't criticise anyone today though in reality, I thought we were magnificent. Colback's yellow was a bit braindead which risked nullifying that defensive cover he provides but he got away with it.

Colback's yellow - commentary said it was for dissent. If so, 4 or 5 of the Preston players should have been booked for swearing/yelling at the ref and assistants

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Preston Reflection on 22:04 - Apr 20 with 2728 viewsPhilmyRs

Preston Reflection on 21:48 - Apr 20 by baz_qpr

Paal had a torrid opening 20 minutes with Miller tearing him apart and then for some reason Preston switched Miller to the other side, he then grew into the game.

2nd Half that was one of the best team performances of the season, frustrating that we did not get the second goal but the defence was immense and especially Jake Clarke Salter.

Also a quick word for Anderson, had a few misplaced passes but the 3 10's worked for the first time this season and interplayed really well, but Andersons set pieces were fantastic, great to see him whipping those corners in as the floater to Dunne has become predictable

Agree with all you said other than your comments about Andersen. I thought he was poor, again. Yes set pieces were fairly decent but for me that doesn’t make up for the amount of wasted passes and how easily he was beaten defensively. After such a promising start with us, I’ve not been impressed by him.

I thought JCS was on a mission today, he was immense and put his body on the line. Surprisingly I thought Willock also put in a shift and even flew into a couple of tackles - not the behaviour of someone that supposedly sacked it off months ago. One of the biggest criticisms you can level at Ainsworth, his failure to get anything out of Willock.
[Post edited 20 Apr 22:18]
Preston Reflection on 22:04 - Apr 20 with 2714 viewsbaz_qpr

Preston Reflection on 21:59 - Apr 20 by OldPedro

Colback's yellow - commentary said it was for dissent. If so, 4 or 5 of the Preston players should have been booked for swearing/yelling at the ref and assistants

It was for kicking the ball away, and it was very harsh
Preston Reflection on 22:06 - Apr 20 with 2696 viewsslmrstid

Preston Reflection on 21:59 - Apr 20 by OldPedro

It was in front of us and it was for flicking the ball away after a free kick had been given, one of those players do slyly all the time only in Colback's case it was right in the face of Gavin Ward who Colback had his back to. Dumb, and Ward had no choice but to book him despite Colback protesting. Silly of him. Otherwise a fine performance.
Preston Reflection on 22:15 - Apr 20 with 2612 viewsLazyFan

Miller was moved over, as I think the idea was to stop Willock and use Miller's pace against Dunne.
It didn't work. They should have kept him coming inside on Paal, who was struggling as he wanted Miller to go down the side all the time instead.

Big mistake that and Willock still ran em ragged anyway.

zzzzzzzzzz

Preston Reflection on 22:33 - Apr 20 with 2445 viewsNorthantsHoop

Marti has been instrumental in getting us to almost being safe and what a job he's done. Thought Andersen was class again today.
Preston Reflection on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 2402 viewsdaveB

it was brilliantly boring, dreadful game but did what we needed to do
Preston Reflection on 23:11 - Apr 20 with 2235 viewsPaddyhoops

Quality wasn’t great but boring ?? Bit harsh
Preston Reflection on 23:57 - Apr 20 with 2049 viewsstainrods_elbow

Preston Reflection on 21:31 - Apr 20 by StreathamRanger

Dunne was great. Not sure why there was a thread saying the Dunne 'experiment' was over. I'm more concerned about Paal. Teams always target him and he's much weaker than Dunne defensively.

Agreed - he was poor today, I thought, and nearly cost us by surrendering possession and shilly-shallying around on a couple of occasions. It might be harsh, but I wouldn't be that unhappy if we let him go this summer.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Preston Reflection on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 2020 viewsstainrods_elbow

I felt Anderson was under-par, and he was clearly waning after an hour, so was pulled. Agree that he looks like a player who was once a bit special, but now in the autumn of his career. O well - we still won.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Preston Reflection on 00:23 - Apr 21 with 1945 viewsMatch82

And on Sky too
Preston Reflection on 00:57 - Apr 21 with 1864 viewsgolborne

Preston Reflection on 21:41 - Apr 20 by JamesB1979

JCS…..a man who “didn’t care” and was “faking injuries” according to some. Huge game and he stood up. I think it was one of best defensive performances I’ve seen at qpr. Quality player. I think he’s also the “right sort”. Questions on his personality were out of order.

Just getting to this thread, but said as much elsewhere

He was worth the wait as frustrating as it was for some
Preston Reflection on 02:03 - Apr 21 with 1770 viewsVancouverHoop

Preston Reflection on 00:02 - Apr 21 by stainrods_elbow

I felt Anderson was under-par, and he was clearly waning after an hour, so was pulled. Agree that he looks like a player who was once a bit special, but now in the autumn of his career. O well - we still won.

Be nice, before we got rid of him, to find someone who can cross a ball as well he can. It's not long ago we were bewailing the fact we had no one who could do that. He can. He also makes a lot space in the offensive zone with his vision and control. Sure he's getting on in years, and this division is probably step up for him too. Nevertheless he, or somebody with similar tools, will be sorely needed next season. Be crazy/mad to cut him lose after the last couple of games.
Preston Reflection on 06:45 - Apr 21 with 1562 viewskernowhoop

I have enjoyed reading the praise on this board for the players who finally turned the season round. They deserve it.
What they did not deserve is the abuse, for weeks on end, that many of them received earlier in the season - in fact, not that long ago. If you do not believe this, or, have forgotten, go back to some of the threads on here. The players must read this stuff and when they do, only the brightest and strongest will brush it off. Does it matter? Probably - it gives the manager even more to do between matches.
It is, no doubt, too much to ask but, in future, perhaps we could be more measured in our comments when things are not going well?
[Post edited 21 Apr 9:49]
Preston Reflection on 07:11 - Apr 21 with 1461 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Colbeck was my MOM, and solid stuff from Begovic, Cook, JCS, Dunne, and Field. Willock had a better game then I was expecting.

We're now likely to stay up, and our revival under Marti has been built on the work he has done to make us defensively solid. JCS and Cook is one immense CB pairing.

I haven't seen much of the Rangers this season, but scoring is clearly a difficulty for us. Get that sorted, and maintain defensive cohesion and the very least: we should avoid another battle at the wrong end of the table.

Not sure when I'll next be around for a game, so it was relief to leave on a win. Clearly Marti has work to occupy his summer, but I couldn't think of a better man to do it. He's been a gift from the God's; our best signing in years.

Well done my team!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Preston Reflection on 07:52 - Apr 21 with 1327 viewsBlackCrowe

Preston Reflection on 22:04 - Apr 20 by baz_qpr

It was for kicking the ball away, and it was very harsh

I sometimes put 50p/£1 on Colback to pick up a yellow card during the game. I've won more than i've lost.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Preston Reflection on 07:56 - Apr 21 with 1301 viewsSK_hoops

I was thinking about this exact thing when, towards the end, he celebrated winning a throw in.
Preston Reflection on 08:03 - Apr 21 with 1263 viewsBklynRanger

He was brought in and talked up a great deal by Beale, and was one of those who, I think, was rocked when he left. Went backwards under Critchley - niggling injuries may have played a part but I don't think he wanted to be at the club during the Ainsworth debacle.

I accept that's total speculation but Marti seems to have brought the best out of him and got him to buy in. So fair play all round imo. Similar story with Willock.

Superb stuff today from everyone anyway. Dykes still couldn't hit a cow's arse from 3 feet but he was in the right place to react to that Full Begovich and connected things well for much of the game.

All in all I just feel very relieved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024