Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not safe!!! 22:50 - Apr 21 with 11488 viewshopekillsyou

The premature articulation from many that “ we are safe now” is….err, premature and possibly shows that many Rs supporters can’t add up. We are not out of the shit yet. We need more points , two would do for me , although three would be gilt edged, but my optimism doesn’t run that far.
Wednesday appear to in good shape and Birmingham can be unpredictable.
Blackburn and Plymouth are too close to us. At this stage of the season, strange things happen.
I’m not relaxed, in fact I’m still stressed , wary, apprehensive and very grateful for the Preston keeper.
We are not safe!!! on 13:54 - Apr 22 with 2828 viewshubble

We are not safe!!! on 13:41 - Apr 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Because that's how life (and this god forsaken season) goes. Nothing more than that!

Or does it??!!

Stay tuned for the next episode of Real Fans from Hammersmith to find out!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

We are not safe!!! on 13:59 - Apr 22 with 2765 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Adds more excitement for Friday night tbh. We still need a win to be safe, though obviously Huddersfield beating Birmingham on Saturday would do it too.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:59]
We are not safe!!! on 14:13 - Apr 22 with 2678 viewsLblock

Blackburnbloody Rovers losing that one yesterday was a bit of a kicker as I would've made us safe on GD in my mind.

I hadn't really brought Rovers into my equation as thought their unexpected win at Leeds would see them home and hosed. Now I am not so sure as Cov may well still have some adrenalin from being robbed of a fairytale and I think Leicester will wipe the floor with them last game.
Dodgy times for them.

We need Hudds to beat Brum.... end of. If that happens then the mentalist miracle in the world is on which is this squad staying up courtesy of GD. This is another HUGE plaudit for Marti the Redeemer and for that he really does need an open armed statue carved out of marble and stuck on Shepherds Bush Green. This shows you a squad is being well coached and shouts loud he's got his methods across... far harder to actually make strikers score but getting 11 men solid and hard to beat is nothing more than good management.

But back to the world of plastic bedsheets.....
IF we get a Hudds victory v Brum then I see the last two spots being taken by Hudds and Brum even if Norwich rest a few players last day of the season which I am not so sure they will.

WBA and Norwich are vying for 5th & 6th spots which mean little in terms of the play offs as who plays who pretty much sorted and both will be away for the second legs but... if I am honest.... I'd sooner be away at Saints than Leeds.

I think it's very likely we'll not get another point this season but... I'll say again.... it won't matter as long as any defeats are slight and -- I might've mentioned this before --- Hudds beat Brum.

So bloody frustrating to have got to 50 points and the maths still not right.
We really should be flip flops on now and would have been if a certain someone hadn't had Weetabix wrists down in the West Country.
I'm usually proper doom and gloom but that win on Saturday was absolute gold dust and I think we'll squeak it (as long as Hudds beat Brum).

Ay oop the Terriers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

We are not safe!!! on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 2642 viewsMatch82

We are not safe!!! on 11:43 - Apr 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Birmingham will obviously beat Huddersfield.

Sheff Weds wining at Sunderland on the last day also feels like a total inevitability to me.

That means Birmingham only need a point at home to Norwich and Weds only need a point this weekend at home to WBA.

I can see Plymouth wither winning at Millwall or at home to Hull on the last day when they need it.

Weirdly the teams I'm most confident in finishing above if we lose our last two would be Blackburn losing to Leicester and Coventry or Stoke losing to Southampton and Bristol City by more than we lose to Leeds and Cov.

It just feels like these teams have been pulling results out of the bag since Christmas when we've been desperate for them to fall away.

Just beat Leeds and it's all immaterial.

I think you're underestimating Huddersfield a little. They won't catch us, but they are VERY much in the mix to stay up - they beat Birmingham and Sheffield Wed lose, they are out of the relegation zone even before the last game of the season.

A draw doesn't do them much good, they're going to go all out for 3 points there
We are not safe!!! on 14:41 - Apr 22 with 2547 viewsdavman

We are not safe!!! on 23:20 - Apr 21 by colinallcars

We need Huddersfield to beat the Brummies next weekend then we should be OK.
Leeds and Coventry are hardly easy games.
I came away from the match yesterday in significantly higher spirits but the realisation has come upon me that there are still obstacles to overcome.
What on earth happened at Blackburn ?

No should about it. If it goes that way neither one can catch us.

It won't though. We are QPR. We are cursed. Brum will beat Udders and Weds will at least draw with West Brom. Millwall will let Argyle tickle their tums and the Cov hangover from that utter travesty yesterday will let Blackburn find something.

Then it'll need us to get something from Cov. or else Brum will nick a draw at Naarch and that will be that.

Unlikely, but as I say we are QPR; it is what we do...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

We are not safe!!! on 14:45 - Apr 22 with 2535 viewsLandshark

We are not safe!!! on 14:13 - Apr 22 by Lblock

Blackburnbloody Rovers losing that one yesterday was a bit of a kicker as I would've made us safe on GD in my mind.

I hadn't really brought Rovers into my equation as thought their unexpected win at Leeds would see them home and hosed. Now I am not so sure as Cov may well still have some adrenalin from being robbed of a fairytale and I think Leicester will wipe the floor with them last game.
Dodgy times for them.

We need Hudds to beat Brum.... end of. If that happens then the mentalist miracle in the world is on which is this squad staying up courtesy of GD. This is another HUGE plaudit for Marti the Redeemer and for that he really does need an open armed statue carved out of marble and stuck on Shepherds Bush Green. This shows you a squad is being well coached and shouts loud he's got his methods across... far harder to actually make strikers score but getting 11 men solid and hard to beat is nothing more than good management.

But back to the world of plastic bedsheets.....
IF we get a Hudds victory v Brum then I see the last two spots being taken by Hudds and Brum even if Norwich rest a few players last day of the season which I am not so sure they will.

WBA and Norwich are vying for 5th & 6th spots which mean little in terms of the play offs as who plays who pretty much sorted and both will be away for the second legs but... if I am honest.... I'd sooner be away at Saints than Leeds.

I think it's very likely we'll not get another point this season but... I'll say again.... it won't matter as long as any defeats are slight and -- I might've mentioned this before --- Hudds beat Brum.

So bloody frustrating to have got to 50 points and the maths still not right.
We really should be flip flops on now and would have been if a certain someone hadn't had Weetabix wrists down in the West Country.
I'm usually proper doom and gloom but that win on Saturday was absolute gold dust and I think we'll squeak it (as long as Hudds beat Brum).

Ay oop the Terriers

Talking of Blackburn, how can Blackburn be expected to win at home to playoff chasing Coventry and also away at Leicester who potentially want to win at home in front of their own fans to seal league title. The only hope for Blackburn is if Coventry's heads have gone after yesterday or they lose to Hull on Wednesday.
We are not safe!!! on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 2384 viewsSonofpugwash

Is it safe?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gifer.com%2FNW9A.g

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

We are not safe!!! on 15:28 - Apr 22 with 2365 viewsLazyFan

We are not safe!!! on 10:42 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

"Huddersfield needs to beat Brum, and then we will be safe on the massive GD we have against Hudders"

If West Brom beat SW on Saturday then we are safe as well due to the massive GD advantage over SW.

That is a good point, and that is more likely if Hull beats Cov this week.
As then WBA will need the points to ensure a playoff position as Dull will only be 3 pts behind then.

So, we need a Dull win this week to put the pressure on.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

We are not safe!!! on 16:19 - Apr 22 with 2230 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

We are not safe!!! on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 2043 viewsLblock

I hadn’t factored in Hull have 3 games and Cov 4 games to play

Thought the play off spots sort of sorted.

Well….. I suppose we could do with Cov winning next two games but losing against Ipswich in their penultimate game coupled with other results so that they then can’t make 6th.
Then we go there with them deflated

I dunno

It really is mind blowing and now I’m back to being concerned

We are not safe!!! on 18:44 - Apr 22 with 1916 viewsQPROslo

We are not safe!!! on 14:41 - Apr 22 by davman

No should about it. If it goes that way neither one can catch us.

It won't though. We are QPR. We are cursed. Brum will beat Udders and Weds will at least draw with West Brom. Millwall will let Argyle tickle their tums and the Cov hangover from that utter travesty yesterday will let Blackburn find something.

Then it'll need us to get something from Cov. or else Brum will nick a draw at Naarch and that will be that.

Unlikely, but as I say we are QPR; it is what we do...

Looks horribly likely to me that we get nothing from Leeds or Coventry while Brum go above us on GD by beating Huddersfield who look gone, and taking a point from a Norwich team most likely already in the play- offs.
We are not safe!!! on 18:55 - Apr 22 with 1862 viewsRangersw12

Just been sent something in the group chat that we have a 1.76% chance of going down 😎
[Post edited 22 Apr 19:08]
We are not safe!!! on 18:58 - Apr 22 with 1840 viewsRangersw12

We are not safe!!! on 18:44 - Apr 22 by QPROslo

Looks horribly likely to me that we get nothing from Leeds or Coventry while Brum go above us on GD by beating Huddersfield who look gone, and taking a point from a Norwich team most likely already in the play- offs.

Why are we likely to lose both games but an awful Birmingham side are going to get 4 points !?

I would also rather be playing Cov than Norwich.
We are not safe!!! on 19:07 - Apr 22 with 1790 viewskensalriser

Can't see anything past a draw for Hudds-Brum. Hudds can't win and have drawn the highest number of games in the division and Brum are generally poor.

Remember QPR 0-0 Reading, both sides went down? Like that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

We are not safe!!! on 19:20 - Apr 22 with 1749 viewsboysfromthebush

For anyone who’s still bed wetting…..

[Post edited 22 Apr 19:24]
We are not safe!!! on 20:25 - Apr 22 with 1575 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

We are not safe!!! on 04:59 - Apr 23 with 1218 viewssaxbend

We are not safe, but we are in a position that 6 teams, three of whom will be staying up, would love to be in right now.

My feeling is that the current bottom three will be the bottom three at the end of the season. We will probably finish a place or two lower than 18th, unless we win another game of course. If we lose on Friday I will feel nervous again, but the results can't all go against us on Saturday even then, thanks to Huddersfield and Birmingham playing each other. So whatever happens, we will go into the Coventry game with everything in our own hands.
We are not safe!!! on 08:05 - Apr 23 with 1035 viewsQPROslo

We are not safe!!! on 18:58 - Apr 22 by Rangersw12

Why are we likely to lose both games but an awful Birmingham side are going to get 4 points !?

I would also rather be playing Cov than Norwich.

Nobody knows and it's just my bad gut feeling. Based a bit on us having to play 2 good teams with Leeds needing a win to get automatic promotion and Birmingham having it in them somewhere to be a good team - they were 6th in October when they made the bananas decision to fire Eustace and appoint Rooney.
We are not safe!!! on 08:33 - Apr 23 with 954 viewsStevenageRanger

We are not safe!!! on 23:22 - Apr 21 by hopekillsyou

We are 50.0 on Betfair ( Hudds 1.16,Brum 1.85, SW 2.Ply 7.8, Bburn 8.8, Stoke 70.0).
I think we are overpriced at 50.0 and if I wasn’t emotionally involved I would take that price.
250/1 is crazy

As I walked away from the ground on Saturday we were 100/1 and I thought that tells you everything. I then looked at the table and thought, unlikely but we could still get dragged back down.

Checked the odds on Sunday and noticed Betfred had us at 250/1 which I tought was madness. I stuck a tenner on really hoping it loses. They have now cut us back to 50/1 (when I last checked)

I know it seems mad betting on us to get relegated but its like my Home Insurance, Critical Illness policy,, Life Assurance etc.. I hope it never pays out.
[Post edited 23 Apr 8:35]
We are not safe!!! on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 925 viewsGaryBannister86

We are not safe!!! on 08:33 - Apr 23 by StevenageRanger

As I walked away from the ground on Saturday we were 100/1 and I thought that tells you everything. I then looked at the table and thought, unlikely but we could still get dragged back down.

Checked the odds on Sunday and noticed Betfred had us at 250/1 which I tought was madness. I stuck a tenner on really hoping it loses. They have now cut us back to 50/1 (when I last checked)

I know it seems mad betting on us to get relegated but its like my Home Insurance, Critical Illness policy,, Life Assurance etc.. I hope it never pays out.

I did the same. 250/1 is just way too big, I think the sheer number of results that need to go against us make it unlikely, especially on the last day, but it would take a seemingly straightforward set of results this weekend to mean that we are still in some sort of trouble in a week's time. And then our odds will be prob around 8/1 to 14/1 to go down, so it just doesn't make sense to me.

50/1 is about right I think.

And yes, it would be the worst money I've ever won, but League 1 seasons paid for.
We are not safe!!! on 08:40 - Apr 23 with 912 viewsSydneyRs

We are not safe!!! on 08:33 - Apr 23 by StevenageRanger

Exactly my thoughts. I'll win 5k if it happens which will fund the holiday and drinking required, but will be much happier if it doesn't.
We are not safe!!! on 08:46 - Apr 23 with 867 viewsNorthantsHoop

This league is so unpredictable especially this season. I take a little comfort that at home we have raised our game against the top 6 teams and Friday will probably fall into this category. If this was a game against a fellow relegation candidate think we would struggle. On a really positive note if we take ourselves back to the dark days of Ainsworth earlier in the season we were nailed on for relegation and so poor, we now look a decent team with the ability to grind out results, which I reckon we will do on Friday night.
We are not safe!!! on 08:50 - Apr 23 with 841 viewshubble

Just reread the OP, and I'm wondering how many people on here had been suffering from "premature articulation"? Hopefully you're all better now.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

We are not safe!!! on 09:13 - Apr 23 with 760 viewsLblock

We are not safe!!! on 08:50 - Apr 23 by hubble

Just reread the OP, and I'm wondering how many people on here had been suffering from "premature articulation"? Hopefully you're all better now.

Spanish Fly sorts you right out

We are not safe!!! on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 632 viewsMarshy67

Watching that game last night can anyone see us keeping a clean sheet on Friday?
If not then perhaps a point is all we can hope for(so long as we only concede once!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024