Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon 16:52 - May 10 with 11004 viewsNorthernr

Clive Whittingham is joined by the Telegraph's senior sports writer Thom Gibbs and former Q Magazine editor Ted Kessler to run the rule over QPR's successful survival bid, outline priorities for the summer, guess where we go from here under Marti Cifuentes, and laugh at Andre Dozzell.

An hour of listening to send you into the weekend, available now to all three Patreon sub tiers...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/end-of-season-104003681
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 12:08 - May 11 with 2953 viewslondonscottish

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:36 - May 11 by jeffranger

Yeah like most message boards

Planning to set one up yourself any time soon?

Thought not.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 12:40 - May 11 with 2869 viewsJeff

As the guy that runs the Patreon on behalf of Clive, I’d like to thank jeffranger (no relation) for the extra traffic and revenue you’ve sent our way. If I slip you a tenner can you do the same next month?

Can we not knock it?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 13:27 - May 11 with 2764 viewsmart_Goblin

Great podcast Clive and arguably the highlight of the season was reading the post match write ups…as harrowing and painful they might have been.

Great job mate. Hope it’s slightly easier next season
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 15:05 - May 11 with 2614 viewsBlackCrowe

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:36 - May 11 by jeffranger

Yeah like most message boards

LOL

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 15:34 - May 11 with 2551 viewsCLAREMAN1995

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 12:40 - May 11 by Jeff

As the guy that runs the Patreon on behalf of Clive, I’d like to thank jeffranger (no relation) for the extra traffic and revenue you’ve sent our way. If I slip you a tenner can you do the same next month?

I still think thought was just winding us up but after the last couple of posts I guess Jeffranger was serious which is a shame IMO.
I think everybody who is registered on LFW to be able to start threads and post etc should be on the lowest patron level at least . The amount of sheer pleasure and sense of family that Clive oversees on here is worth way more than money can buy really and for the overseas Rs a tight lifeline to all things QPR .
If anybody uses fat fingers to down vote me then fcuk off as well
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 15:59 - May 11 with 2521 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive enjoyed that review. And thanks for this site and all the fantastic writing you have produced in what was a difficult season. Enjoy your break in June …here’s hoping next season is a good one.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 16:13 - May 11 with 2491 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Great listen, thanks Clive. Also massive thanks for every written word throughout the season.

What you don’t know is that a highlight of the close season is checking back here every few days to see when the end of season player reviews go up! Love them. I’m looking forward to what Taylor Richard’s gets?!!

Ignore the likes of Jeff…the world is full of thick aggressive entitled idiots, it’s just a shame that we have our share too.

On a side note I finally got to play at Loftus Rd yesterday. Another old slow goalkeeper….unfortunately ended up on the home team physiotherapist table with a ruptured Achilles. What a way to end any sort of team playing sports! Now to try and get walking in time for the new season….just watching obviously!
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:42 - May 11 with 2170 viewsvanrrrr

Great Listen and guest opinions.

Had a good chortle hearing the story about Reggie… super historic!!
Login to get fewer ads

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 09:18 - May 12 with 1986 viewsJamieNaz

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:10 - May 10 by A40Bosh

Clive, I do get it, quality over quantity in terms of podcast output.
LFW Pod + 3 x large Jameson over ice was the perfect end to the working week.
Intelligent and considered and no waffle about hating Chelsea and Brentford and Cardiff and being old and Irish and stupid every 2 mins.

Quality output for pittance monthly contribution.

Your feelings on some other podcasts echo mine.

Enjoyed this, and very happy to continue to pay for this content.

You're a pretty good presenter, Clive. Actually handing over to people in a way that allows them to answer a question and give them room to speak.

Appreciate that a lot of the QPR podcasts are all free and run by volunteers, but appreciate that you and those involved have actually heard a podcast before so have an idea that sound quality, talking clearly and having a structure is reasonably important...

Anyway, enjoyed Jeff's viral marketing. Lovely stuff.

Just a message board indeed
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 09:47 - May 12 with 1921 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:57 - May 11 by jeffranger

Prefer WLS podcast & it’s free! Very rare I read his match write up’s so not really bothered about his podcast, it’s not the money either just my choice

Why bother reading his post about a pod and then reply then? Very odd behaviour.
Trust me, if Dave Mc thought he had the audience that would pay a patreon for WLS he’d do it in a heartbeat. The whole point of a patreon is that it is voluntary, and those who pay get occasional bonuses as a thank you. In Clive’s case, most of the pod interviews are then painstakingly transcribed and made available to everyone anyway. If patreon didn’t exist and we didn’t pay for it, Clive wouldn’t be here and we wouldn’t have the best club writer in the country because unless you’re a student, spending hours a week providing content for free is not a viable life choice (nor should it be).

Bare bones.

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:08 - May 12 with 1899 viewsBrizR

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 09:18 - May 12 by JamieNaz

Your feelings on some other podcasts echo mine.

Enjoyed this, and very happy to continue to pay for this content.

You're a pretty good presenter, Clive. Actually handing over to people in a way that allows them to answer a question and give them room to speak.

Appreciate that a lot of the QPR podcasts are all free and run by volunteers, but appreciate that you and those involved have actually heard a podcast before so have an idea that sound quality, talking clearly and having a structure is reasonably important...

Anyway, enjoyed Jeff's viral marketing. Lovely stuff.

Just a message board indeed

Even for the free ones we're all really paying by listening to the same awkward ad reads for NordVPN or whatever slapped into the middle of every episode.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:43 - May 12 with 1852 viewshoops_legend

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:08 - May 12 by BrizR

Even for the free ones we're all really paying by listening to the same awkward ad reads for NordVPN or whatever slapped into the middle of every episode.

Apologies in advance for slightly soppy post but I know a lot of fans here feel similar…

I’m so pleased to have someone like Clive in my life despite having never met the chap. There were some points this season and last where I was wondering why I even watch QPR. We had become a club which played atrocious football, losing week in and week out with naive play and approaching the whole game the wrong way (it’s not like we were trying new young exciting players ahead for future). Don’t get me wrong - I would never give up on our club and I always support any player who pulls on our shirt (except maybe Boswinga and Barton).

However the reports on here make it’s absolutely more bearable and dare say it exciting even in the gloom. There is a charm about QPR that you don’t get supporting a club like Man Utd it Liverpool and Clive absolutely captures this and his thought process often mirrors how I feel

Now with Marti on board - we get to enjoy some fantastic football and even when results aren’t going our way every week - I can at least see what we are trying to do and we approach football the right way. Now we are enjoying football again and we have great players like Chair and Clarke Salter and with Clive posting amazing superlatives I never thought I would associate with football - I’m here for the journey

I have subscribed following Jeff’s posts and I know it’s very little but hope it makes you at least feel it’s all a bit worthwhile!
[Post edited 12 May 10:45]
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:57 - May 12 with 1819 viewsE15Hoop

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 09:47 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

Why bother reading his post about a pod and then reply then? Very odd behaviour.
Trust me, if Dave Mc thought he had the audience that would pay a patreon for WLS he’d do it in a heartbeat. The whole point of a patreon is that it is voluntary, and those who pay get occasional bonuses as a thank you. In Clive’s case, most of the pod interviews are then painstakingly transcribed and made available to everyone anyway. If patreon didn’t exist and we didn’t pay for it, Clive wouldn’t be here and we wouldn’t have the best club writer in the country because unless you’re a student, spending hours a week providing content for free is not a viable life choice (nor should it be).

Well said, Antti, although to be honest I'm not sure that obnoxious idiot deserved such a polite and well formulated response as you've given him.

Mine (and I strongly suspect most other people's) would have been a lot more direct and to the point, as it will be should he decide to waste his and everybody else's time by posting again.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 13:05 - May 12 with 1701 viewsHoopsie

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:24 - May 11 by jeffranger

What is you problem, not offensive just opinion

The problem is you mate.

Clive’s match reports are the mainstay of this website imo.

Again, if you don’t read or care about them you don’t have to tell us.

And because you did, you come across as bitter as you are petty.

Btw are you associated with WLS? A Chels**t fan?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 13:25 - May 12 with 1665 viewsStainrod

All the points used to counter jeffranger are clearly correct. Just in his very partial defence his unthinking views sadly reflect majority opinion in the country at large. Folk who are very happy to spend four or five quid on a frothy coffee are not prepared to spend a couple of quid on a quality newspaper. So investigative journalism died along with much foreign reporting etc. When people who can write as well as Clive (I used to be in the media so hope I can make a professional as well as a personal judgement here) and do so largely for free, we as a fan base should be hugely grateful. You only have to see some of the wannabe writers and podcasters out there stumbling and shambling through half-formed opinions, statements of the bleeding obvious and cliche after cliche to understand the difference.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 13:35 - May 12 with 1648 viewsThird_Division_South

Great listen Clive. Very interesting and professional, well worth the subscription. Much appreciated and can’t wait for the next one.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 13:50 - May 12 with 1614 viewsBenny_the_Ball

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:24 - May 11 by jeffranger

What is you problem, not offensive just opinion

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 16:46 - May 12 with 1528 viewsJevlar

Subbed and enjoyed the podcast listen. Thanks for this site, and the write ups. My go to place for everything QPR.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:27 - May 12 with 1434 viewspaulhoop2

We are privileged to have Clive as a community. Can we not ban this Jeff chap ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:11 - May 12 with 1397 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:27 - May 12 by paulhoop2

We are privileged to have Clive as a community. Can we not ban this Jeff chap ?

Why is that? I just made a point & opinion & seems to have gone OTT on here, sorry if you lot got upset with comments but by Christ give it a rest
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:23 - May 12 with 1378 viewsdm97

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:11 - May 12 by jeffranger

Why is that? I just made a point & opinion & seems to have gone OTT on here, sorry if you lot got upset with comments but by Christ give it a rest

You’re obviously a troll pal, if you’ve been here for any length of time you’d have known Clive runs a patron because - plot twist - nothing in life is free and monetising content is literally the bedrock of the modern internet (you know, the thing that allows you to type hateful messages from the safety of your four walls like a coward).

No ones bothered about your f’in opinion mate, it’s that you immediately responded to the OP with hate mail to the guy who keeps this whole thing going and has created a community off the back of it. He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:32 - May 12 with 1352 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:23 - May 12 by dm97

You’re obviously a troll pal, if you’ve been here for any length of time you’d have known Clive runs a patron because - plot twist - nothing in life is free and monetising content is literally the bedrock of the modern internet (you know, the thing that allows you to type hateful messages from the safety of your four walls like a coward).

No ones bothered about your f’in opinion mate, it’s that you immediately responded to the OP with hate mail to the guy who keeps this whole thing going and has created a community off the back of it. He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

If you’re not bothered about my option why comment about it? simple ignore, not really bothered what you lot think
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:57 - May 12 with 1308 viewsE15Hoop

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 19:32 - May 12 by jeffranger

If you’re not bothered about my option why comment about it? simple ignore, not really bothered what you lot think

If that were true, then presumably you wouldn't bother posting your ill-thought out, idiotic comments on here in the first place!
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:06 - May 12 with 1202 viewsslmrstid

Jeff is welcome to not pay for the Patreon if that is his preference.

However, by typing "F in cheek asking for money to join, bollax to that" and thinking it won't generate any sort of reaction is idiotic to say the least. It is also incredibly rude and makes you look a horrible person - which Jeff may be happy with, his choice.

I give hours up of my time every week for my running club and local running league. My choice, but if I could monetise that sh*t I'd do it like a shot.

I'm not on Patreon and I keep thinking I should then I forget about it - I go through spells where I post on LFW a lot and then disappear for a while because thats just how life is for me.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:38 - May 12 with 1162 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:06 - May 12 by slmrstid

Jeff is welcome to not pay for the Patreon if that is his preference.

However, by typing "F in cheek asking for money to join, bollax to that" and thinking it won't generate any sort of reaction is idiotic to say the least. It is also incredibly rude and makes you look a horrible person - which Jeff may be happy with, his choice.

I give hours up of my time every week for my running club and local running league. My choice, but if I could monetise that sh*t I'd do it like a shot.

I'm not on Patreon and I keep thinking I should then I forget about it - I go through spells where I post on LFW a lot and then disappear for a while because thats just how life is for me.

I respect your option & I must apologise to all for what I wrote regarding paying for the podcast, I’m not a bad person & it was stupid to put it that way, hope we can move on from this now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024