Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 88975 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 12:17 - Jun 17 with 2637 viewsWegerles_Stairs

General Election Thread on 20:06 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Most will vote Labour (under protest), some will vote Green, a small
minority will vote independents / TUSC / WPGB.

The overstatement of Momentum’s politics always makes me chuckle. I went to loads of events and it was as tame as a WI meeting, and probably the same age bracket.

A journalist infiltrated once, and didn’t even bother writing the article it was so non controversial.

I don't see how a Momentum supporter could vote Labour considering their vindictive opprobrium towards Corbyn. You're essentially voting for a genocide-enabling party with Jeffrey Epstein's mate pulling the strings behind the scenes.
General Election Thread on 13:50 - Jun 17 with 2469 viewsTacticalR

The absurdity was summed up in a 2023 interview with Jon Lansman, the founder of Momentum:

Corbyn ally Jon Lansman accuses Starmer of acting like 'Putin of Labour party' over former leader
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2023/mar/28/national-education-union-t

After his tirade against Starmer, Lansman arrives at the following conclusion:

'But Lansman also said that he did not think Corbyn should stand for parliament as an independent at the next election. He said he thought Corbyn would have more influence if he remained a Labour member. And Lansman said he would not campaign for Corbyn if he did run as an independent because he wanted Starmer to win the election.'

Air hostess clique

General Election Thread on 14:08 - Jun 17 with 2440 viewsR_from_afar

Yes, there is climate change which is natural but plenty of peer reviewed studies, by independent and unrelated organisations, have allowed for all natural influences and concluded that man-made greenhouse gas emissions are to blame.

Please bear in mind that because the issue is *global* temperatures, ice fairs on a frozen Thames or Roman vineyards in England are not significant.

Dealing with climate change with also help enormously with the immigration crisis because there are currently 200m people living in coastal cities and because it will enable people to carry on earning a living as pastoralists - I believe this is the occupation employing the most people globally - rather having to move to a city because rising temperatures and changing rainfall patterns make farming difficult or impossible.

We already have a village in the UK which will be lost to rising sea levels, Fairbourne, and more will follow. Richard Tice has said sea walls should be built but the cost is prohibitive; an article in Geographical magazine over a decade ago quoted Environment Agency figures for sea defences of £5000 per metre, yes, per metre.

We are doing reasonably well in the UK in terms of renewable energy but can do better. Putting green and health concerns to one side, if we could become self-sufficient in renewable energy, we would improve the resilience of our economy because we would no longer be reliant on imported nuclear or fossil fuels.

Over 30% of global energy is now being supplied by renewables and some countries are streaking ahead: in the first quarter of 2024, Portugal produced 91% of its electricity using renewables.

https://www.euronews.com/green/2024/05/10/renewables-are-meeting-95-of-portugals

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

General Election Thread on 14:11 - Jun 17 with 2423 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 13:50 - Jun 17 by TacticalR

The absurdity was summed up in a 2023 interview with Jon Lansman, the founder of Momentum:

Corbyn ally Jon Lansman accuses Starmer of acting like 'Putin of Labour party' over former leader
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2023/mar/28/national-education-union-t

After his tirade against Starmer, Lansman arrives at the following conclusion:

'But Lansman also said that he did not think Corbyn should stand for parliament as an independent at the next election. He said he thought Corbyn would have more influence if he remained a Labour member. And Lansman said he would not campaign for Corbyn if he did run as an independent because he wanted Starmer to win the election.'

Lansman could have an argument in an empty room. As reliable as a chocolate fireplace.
General Election Thread on 03:58 - Jun 18 with 2079 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 16:42 - Jun 16 by derbyhoop

I find it hard that people can deny man-made climate change, in the face of so much scientific evidence. I don't think UK, alone, can make a huge difference. However, if you accept that climate change is real, then it makes sense to try and do something about it, however limited.
UK has not really invested in renewables to the extent necessary. Maybe, transitioning from fossil fuels (coal, oil and gas) is the correct approach. Can it bring sufficient jobs and make a tangible impact? I don't have the answers, but I'm sure therre are experts out there who can.

Plenty of online experts with no scientific background (but degrees in facebook groups, "university of life" etc) convinced that it is all made up and climate scientists are in it for themselves. Meanwhile not a hint of the fossil fuel industry perhaps being slightly conflicted. Same here in Australia were the fossil fuel industry is very powerful and basically has the current leader of the opposition on strings.
General Election Thread on 14:08 - Jun 18 with 1884 viewsSonofpugwash

Climate Change biggest money laundering scam to sit alongside Covid and Ukraine.
Always follow the money.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 14:46 - Jun 18 with 1819 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 14:08 - Jun 18 by Sonofpugwash

Climate Change biggest money laundering scam to sit alongside Covid and Ukraine.
Always follow the money.

What money?
General Election Thread on 16:12 - Jun 18 with 1727 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Always follow the money.

Here come the tin hat brigade. Let me guess, everything is a deep state conspiracy led by the global elite, with their zionist backers, to depopulate the world by either killing us with vaccines or controlling us with 5G.
That doesn't include the reptilian alien hybrids who are in contact with all major governments to create a new world order. The reptilians currently live under Denver Airport conducting experiments on abducted humans to create new hybrids.
I think that covers most of it.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 16:12 - Jun 18 with 1721 viewsFDC

Always follow the money.

Intrigued, who is laundering dirty money in solar panels?
General Election Thread on 16:34 - Jun 18 with 1710 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Even if climate change was a hoax (it isn’t), surely getting your energy from literal fresh air or the sun is a worthwhile endeavour rather than sending people down mines or living on oil rigs in the most volatile seas in the world?
General Election Thread on 16:42 - Jun 18 with 1681 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 16:34 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Even if climate change was a hoax (it isn’t), surely getting your energy from literal fresh air or the sun is a worthwhile endeavour rather than sending people down mines or living on oil rigs in the most volatile seas in the world?

In a nation surrounded by seas, it is unforgivable to not be utilising wave power generators to provide electricity. Once past the manufacturing, and any impact caused by installation/ end of life removal stage, you are looking at 100% clean electricity provision.
A lot appear to be conflating a normal rate of climate change with the currently observed much higher rate of change.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 16:53 - Jun 18 with 1669 viewsJuzzie

I thought this was a general Election thread?!.....
General Election Thread on 18:17 - Jun 18 with 1570 viewsStreathamRanger

General Election Thread on 16:12 - Jun 18 by FDC

Intrigued, who is laundering dirty money in solar panels?

Interestingly, I've recently discovered that you can invest money in green energy and it becomes inheritance tax free after two years rather than the usual 7 years you'd have to wait if you gifted money. Not saying that has anything to do with climate change but there are definitely some incentives to invest in green energy from a tax point of view.
General Election Thread on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 1283 viewsDannyPaddox

General Election Thread on 18:44 - Jun 19 with 1072 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 16:42 - Jun 18 by Esox_Lucius

In a nation surrounded by seas, it is unforgivable to not be utilising wave power generators to provide electricity. Once past the manufacturing, and any impact caused by installation/ end of life removal stage, you are looking at 100% clean electricity provision.
A lot appear to be conflating a normal rate of climate change with the currently observed much higher rate of change.

Agree with this 100%. It's absolutely criminal that we are not utilising the enormous potential of wave energy. Some time ago on here posted about the proposed Severn estuary scheme that would have provided a massive amount of energy for the UK (something like 25% of all our energy needs off the top of my head). That this scheme was shelved in favour of a proposed nuclear power station is insane and stinks of vested interests.

For me it is vital that the UK secures control of its own energy supplies and the problem with the current net zero policies is that they mean - like in Germany, where their 'green' energy drive has really fcked them - a reliance on energy from elsewhere, often, ludicrously, from fossil fuels. And that is totally counterproductive, whatever your views on climate change.

Also look at what I posted in regard to New Zealand's green energy push that they've had to abandon. There has to be a case for utilising fossil fuel resources wisely and cleanly until truly 'clean' energy is fully operational. And the shortest and fastest route to that is not solar or wind, it's tidal.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

General Election Thread on 22:30 - Jun 19 with 949 viewsEsox_Lucius

To further muddy the waters; it appears that Labour will be carrying on with Free Enterprise Zones if they win. Along with introducing US style health insurance for medical care, this would remove the ECHR, any workers rights and removal of a minimum wage. Just my opinion, but I can't see many current UK workforce standing for that but I bet a government could entice refugees to do it in return for citizenship along with people on benefits being threatened with loss of them if they don't comply.

General Election Thread on 22:46 - Jun 19 with 922 viewsStJude82

I believe we will see a government with the biggest majority on the smallest share of the vote, EVER.
General Election Thread on 01:15 - Jun 20 with 852 viewsHAYESBOY

I just got a feeling its not going to be the arse whooping every poll suggest.

I would guess more like 100-150 seat majority, rather than the 200+ and only 50 seats for the Tories. I mean its a whooping from where they were in 2019 but I'm not sure its a record breaker on its way.
Although I am looking forward to some Portillo moments in the early hours of July 5th, with some faces looking like a slapped bum.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 05:01 - Jun 20 with 801 viewsFDC

General Election Thread on 22:46 - Jun 19 by StJude82

I believe we will see a government with the biggest majority on the smallest share of the vote, EVER.

... on a historically low turnout.
General Election Thread on 05:57 - Jun 20 with 774 viewsdsw2509

I’m looking forward to some Portillo moments. The Tories deserve a kicking for Brexit and the Lettuce. It would be funny though if Lib Dem’s become the official opposition. That would give Ed Davey 6 questions at PMQ’s and whoever ends up as Tory leader with 2.
General Election Thread on 07:28 - Jun 20 with 702 viewsstevec

General Election Thread on 03:58 - Jun 18 by SydneyRs

Plenty of online experts with no scientific background (but degrees in facebook groups, "university of life" etc) convinced that it is all made up and climate scientists are in it for themselves. Meanwhile not a hint of the fossil fuel industry perhaps being slightly conflicted. Same here in Australia were the fossil fuel industry is very powerful and basically has the current leader of the opposition on strings.

Without the fossil fuel industry wouldn’t Australia go bust?

Be careful what you wish for.
General Election Thread on 07:52 - Jun 20 with 639 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 07:28 - Jun 20 by stevec

Without the fossil fuel industry wouldn’t Australia go bust?

Be careful what you wish for.

If any nation could go 100% Solar and Wave power I would guess Australia would be near the top of the list, especially as nearly all the populated areas are around the periphery.

General Election Thread on 08:09 - Jun 20 with 605 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 05:57 - Jun 20 by dsw2509

I’m looking forward to some Portillo moments. The Tories deserve a kicking for Brexit and the Lettuce. It would be funny though if Lib Dem’s become the official opposition. That would give Ed Davey 6 questions at PMQ’s and whoever ends up as Tory leader with 2.

Another 2 Tory mps in trouble today for betting on the date of the election.As if they weren’t in enough trouble as it is.
There are rumours that even Rishi Sunk might lose his seat too.
General Election Thread on 08:09 - Jun 20 with 605 viewsstevec

General Election Thread on 07:52 - Jun 20 by Esox_Lucius

If any nation could go 100% Solar and Wave power I would guess Australia would be near the top of the list, especially as nearly all the populated areas are around the periphery.

Australia earns a fortune from exporting fossil fuels.

Exporting solar and wave power is not even an option.

I can’t work out if it’s a lack of understanding of economics or just a willingness to impoverish whole nations on the whim that climate change may or may not turn out to be catastrophic. Going green is laudable but you have to start weighing up the huge consequences.
General Election Thread on 08:22 - Jun 20 with 560 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 08:09 - Jun 20 by stevec

Australia earns a fortune from exporting fossil fuels.

Exporting solar and wave power is not even an option.

I can’t work out if it’s a lack of understanding of economics or just a willingness to impoverish whole nations on the whim that climate change may or may not turn out to be catastrophic. Going green is laudable but you have to start weighing up the huge consequences.

Steve, to describe the need for a massive response to climate change as a 'whim' is head in the sand stuff.

The consequences of fossil fuel production have already caused huge problems around the world and these problems get worse with every passing year. Whole nations are already being impoverished by the burning of fossil fuels.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024