Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 128878 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 13:46 - Jul 4 with 1604 viewscolinallcars

Anyone got a few mins to spare ?
If you had to rate in order, our PMs going back (not too far), to John Major, how would you rate 'em ? Me…..

1. Brown
2. Blair
3. Major
4. May
5. Sunak
6. Cameron
Joint last…..Truss & Johnson
General Election Thread on 13:51 - Jul 4 with 1569 viewsderbyhoop

Are we allowed to comment/analyse/BS on election day? The media aren't. Until polls close

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 1556 viewsSonofpugwash

Khan now including electric cars in his ULEZ ripoff.
It was always about the money.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 15:17 - Jul 4 with 1418 viewsSonofpugwash

Careful what you vote for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRoC_MYWQAAFF-d?format=jpg&name=large

General Election Thread on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 1331 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 13:33 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

Why not have just the one independent candidate then?If they are all standing in the same constituency they will never stand a chance of making a statement as they will probably only get a couple of 100 votes between them.

Some seem to be more organised and certainly better financed than others. Feinstein in Starmer’s constituency raised tens of thousands more than he can legally spend. Curious as to where that excess goes if it’s not his back pocket. Not bad for six weeks of tweeting and occasionally shaking a few hands.
General Election Thread on 15:59 - Jul 4 with 1285 viewsdmm

The Major Gowen wannabees on here are out in force today.
General Election Thread on 16:03 - Jul 4 with 1244 viewskensalriser

Happy kick out the Tories day everyone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 16:09 - Jul 4 with 1209 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 15:59 - Jul 4 by dmm

The Major Gowen wannabees on here are out in force today.

[Post edited 4 Jul 16:15]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 16:38 - Jul 4 with 1054 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 10:40 - Jun 16 by derbyhoop

If you think immigration is the only important issue in this GE, then you should vote Reform.
Anybody else should have a peek at their other policies and will, almost certainly, conclude they are batshit crazy and/or unaffordable and/or unrealistic.
Who wants to see NHS replaced by US style insurance? Or economic policies that make Truss look like a paragon of common sense.

Mass immigration destroyed people's ability to buy homes and thus their ability to build wealth.

If we as Brits really want to look after each other, we should all vote for reform.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 16:40 - Jul 4 with 1040 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 18:42 - Jul 3 by hubble

That, if I may say so, is a disingenuous response. Where did I say I wanted unfunded tax cuts? You're putting words into my mouth.

Misrepresenting what people have said seems to have been a theme in this thread, and you have form on this, regarding the disgraceful accusation you made about SheffieldHoop.

I will do as I said, tomorrow, and write: 'none of the above' on the ballot paper.

What was this "disgraceful accusation" btw? I'm keen to hear it.....

Edit - Turns out the accusation was about as valid as Taylor Richards reasons for not attending training. Thanks Hubble & Disco regardless.
[Post edited 4 Jul 17:55]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 16:46 - Jul 4 with 1014 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 13:51 - Jul 4 by derbyhoop

Are we allowed to comment/analyse/BS on election day? The media aren't. Until polls close

You could be correct. I just said to my mate Roger Beaujolais in the pub “'ere Rog, these Tories are all tossers” He said “sorry can't discuss it until the polling staions close”
General Election Thread on 16:47 - Jul 4 with 1007 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 16:40 - Jul 4 by SheffieldHoop

What was this "disgraceful accusation" btw? I'm keen to hear it.....

Edit - Turns out the accusation was about as valid as Taylor Richards reasons for not attending training. Thanks Hubble & Disco regardless.
[Post edited 4 Jul 17:55]

DM'd you mate.

General Election Thread on 16:52 - Jul 4 with 967 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 16:09 - Jul 4 by Discodroids

[Post edited 4 Jul 16:15]

General Election Thread on 16:56 - Jul 4 with 947 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election Thread on 13:46 - Jul 4 by colinallcars

Anyone got a few mins to spare ?
If you had to rate in order, our PMs going back (not too far), to John Major, how would you rate 'em ? Me…..

1. Brown
2. Blair
3. Major
4. May
5. Sunak
6. Cameron
Joint last…..Truss & Johnson

I've never voted Tory, but I'll always be appreciative of Major's role in the Northern Ireland peace process. Here in modern, peaceful Ireland people eulogise Clinton's part in the transition to peace. They used to quite rightly praise Major but over time he seems to have been forgotten, perhaps at the expense of Blair and Mowlam. They certainly helped seal the deal, but there would have been no deal if it wasn't for Major. He showed vision and fine and subtle diplomacy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

General Election Thread on 16:57 - Jul 4 with 941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election Thread on 16:52 - Jul 4 by dmm

Making me chuckle, boys.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

General Election Thread on 16:59 - Jul 4 with 926 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 13:33 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

Why not have just the one independent candidate then?If they are all standing in the same constituency they will never stand a chance of making a statement as they will probably only get a couple of 100 votes between them.

30 seats would be a significant group of MP's who are free to vote without being whipped. The DUP only had 10 seats when they were given £1m IIRC to vote with the Tories under May.
There are 459 Independent candidates across 317 different constituencies so there is a fair chance they will get more than 10 seats, based on the recent local election results so a vote for an Independent is far from a wasted vote.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jul 4 with 906 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 16:59 - Jul 4 by Esox_Lucius

30 seats would be a significant group of MP's who are free to vote without being whipped. The DUP only had 10 seats when they were given £1m IIRC to vote with the Tories under May.
There are 459 Independent candidates across 317 different constituencies so there is a fair chance they will get more than 10 seats, based on the recent local election results so a vote for an Independent is far from a wasted vote.

It would be in my constituency.And why are 3 of them standing,which is 4 if you the labour candidate suspended for betting on the result.
General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jul 4 with 898 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 16:57 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Making me chuckle, boys.

If you can't laugh in the face of all this old crap you might as well do a jimmy from Quadrophenia and drive the vespa over a cliff Bri.

;-)

General Election Thread on 17:47 - Jul 4 with 766 viewsdandaqpr

I want to comment once more on how interesting and nuanced the political discussion has been on this thread. As someone cleverer than me said , “opinions are like &r$e holes, we’ve all got one “
I have seen no cancel culture here, and as a supporter of free speech, I applaud that. I voted for the Workers Party.
Personally, a Parliament with, George Galloway, Andrew Bridgen, Nigel Farage and Jeremy Corbyn in , would be a very interesting parliament indeed.
PS, is it worth having a HOW YOU ACTUALLY VOTED POLL , on here ?
Anyway, after today, it’s back to the really important stuff, like. when are we gonna buy a striker 😳. Come on you R’s 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️🔵⚪️
General Election Thread on 18:01 - Jul 4 with 700 viewsBoston

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB1ppu32.img?w=768&h=480

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

General Election Thread on 18:20 - Jul 4 with 638 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 16:56 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I've never voted Tory, but I'll always be appreciative of Major's role in the Northern Ireland peace process. Here in modern, peaceful Ireland people eulogise Clinton's part in the transition to peace. They used to quite rightly praise Major but over time he seems to have been forgotten, perhaps at the expense of Blair and Mowlam. They certainly helped seal the deal, but there would have been no deal if it wasn't for Major. He showed vision and fine and subtle diplomacy.

And of course Major introduced the National Lottery.
I'll be eternally grateful to him for my win. I got £5 and a lucky dip last week.
General Election Thread on 18:35 - Jul 4 with 590 viewsDiscodroids

Gathered the family round tonight in leigh on sea for the LFW all night election Rave.

Double diamond. Purple hearts. Black Bombers and Spam.

[Post edited 4 Jul 18:49]

General Election Thread on 18:42 - Jul 4 with 559 viewsSonofpugwash

General Election Thread on 18:20 - Jul 4 by colinallcars

And of course Major introduced the National Lottery.
I'll be eternally grateful to him for my win. I got £5 and a lucky dip last week.

Ooer.

General Election Thread on 18:44 - Jul 4 with 558 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 13:52 - Jul 4 by Sonofpugwash

Khan now including electric cars in his ULEZ ripoff.
It was always about the money.

Link? EV's don't produce emissions.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 18:47 - Jul 4 with 542 viewsSonofpugwash

General Election Thread on 18:44 - Jul 4 by Esox_Lucius

Link? EV's don't produce emissions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sadiq-khan-to-impose-congestion-charge-on-e

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024