Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearest pub to where you live 20:09 - Jun 1 with 11216 viewsqpr_1968

just an out of season bit of fun.....

are you blessed with a diamond of a boozer...great food, cheap drink, great atmosphere, country pub...that makes you a regular.
or tarnished with an absolute shitehole....that you never go near, unless its the only one for miles.

mine is the princess vic, uxbridge road, food a la carte, local for match days,
happy hour monday to friday , two for one...morretti the favourite, cant think what the other two are though.......5pm to 7pm.
prices are top end of the average pub.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nearest pub to where you live on 13:38 - Jun 2 with 2367 viewsPaddyhoops

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:30 - Jun 2 by Watford_Ranger

Watford is a bit of a wasteland for decent pubs. Bit of a wasteland for anything really even with the money pumped in but it’s been a few years since I lived there.

Loads of pubs down here in glorious Hove and one has a QPR landlord.

Have you ever frequented the “Badger” in Antony Joshua’s manor in the Meriden estate, Watford?
Interesting to say the least.
Been there once . My Irish accent went down a treat!
Nearest pub to where you live on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 2279 viewsdmm

Does anyone live near or been to this pub?

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:01 - Jun 2 with 2212 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:32 - Jun 2 by dmm

Does anyone live near or been to this pub?

gotta feeling thats in jaywick near clacton, could be wrong though.
don't know the name of the pub.

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 2167 viewsGloucs_R

The village I live in was dominated by the church owning all of the land. It was written onto all land contracts that no pub would ever be built in the village. However the rugby club has a bar.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:37 - Jun 2 with 2150 viewsloftboy

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:33 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

The village I live in was dominated by the church owning all of the land. It was written onto all land contracts that no pub would ever be built in the village. However the rugby club has a bar.

Another reason to be an aethiest.!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:49 - Jun 2 with 2113 viewsBoston

Nearest pub to where you live on 13:38 - Jun 2 by Paddyhoops

Have you ever frequented the “Badger” in Antony Joshua’s manor in the Meriden estate, Watford?

..as opposed to the guttural brogue of the natives.

And if you wondered why they were dickheads...

The Badger PH
120 The Gossamers
Watford WD25.

It's possible only more mature members of the audience will get this.
[Post edited 2 Jun 18:02]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:50 - Jun 2 with 2107 viewsBoston

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:01 - Jun 2 by qpr_1968

Think it's in Doncaster.

And er...it's not a night session, this is the day drinkers.
[Post edited 2 Jun 17:51]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nearest pub to where you live on 18:54 - Jun 2 with 2013 viewsSK_hoops

The magpie and crown in Brentford. In fact there are about 6 you could call local.
[Post edited 3 Jun 4:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:30 - Jun 2 with 1959 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:50 - Jun 2 by Boston

Think it's in Doncaster.

And er...it's not a night session, this is the day drinkers.
[Post edited 2 Jun 17:51]

your right, coach and horses, doncaster.

Nearest pub to where you live on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 1915 viewsMick_S

If that hasn’t got a flat roof…

Edit: the Doncaster boozer.
[Post edited 2 Jun 20:11]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nearest pub to where you live on 20:16 - Jun 2 with 1907 viewsJevlar

Fortunately, I’ve got several decent pubs near me, The Fox and The Grosvenor are my local, Hanwell pubs of choice.
Nearest pub to where you live on 20:59 - Jun 2 with 1835 viewsNorthernr

King's Head in Tooting. A rare example of a favourable Green King makeover.
Nearest pub to where you live on 21:17 - Jun 2 with 1796 viewsWatford_Ranger

Nearest pub to where you live on 13:38 - Jun 2 by Paddyhoops

Sounds like the sort of place my accent wouldn’t go down a treat. The guy who cut my hair near the football ground claimed he got a trim there sometimes.
Nearest pub to where you live on 21:54 - Jun 2 with 1760 viewshantssi

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:17 - Jun 2 by Watford_Ranger

Sounds like the sort of place my accent wouldn’t go down a treat. The guy who cut my hair near the football ground claimed he got a trim there sometimes.

I went in the Dick Whittington in South Oxhey once, luckily my mates dad had live on the estate since it was built and was very well known in the area.
Interesting to say the least!
Should be on the Flat Roof Pub thread if it’s not!
Anyway, we’re lucky down here a good mixture of “proper” pubs and Gastro pubs, I prefer going out in Southsea or Old Portsmouth though, a great selection of proper old fashioned pubs there!
Nearest pub to where you live on 23:07 - Jun 2 with 1691 viewsMatch82

When I was in my early 20s, rented a house with a couple of buddies mostly on the basis that it was literally across the road from a pub. One nice perk being, if we were in the beer garden out front and one of the girlfriends was in the front room and we managed to catch their eye, we had the sign language for "get a frozen pizza in the oven and wave to us when it's done" down to a science.
Nearest pub to where you live on 06:32 - Jun 3 with 1608 viewsPunteR

Nearest pub to where you live on 23:14 - Jun 1 by Lblock

I hear it’s a meeting spot for vinyl set DJ’s?????

Digital DJs are allowed too. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nearest pub to where you live on 08:17 - Jun 3 with 1551 viewsWatford_Ranger

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:54 - Jun 2 by hantssi

I went in the Dick Whittington in South Oxhey once, luckily my mates dad had live on the estate since it was built and was very well known in the area.
Anyway, we’re lucky down here a good mixture of “proper” pubs and Gastro pubs, I prefer going out in Southsea or Old Portsmouth though, a great selection of proper old fashioned pubs there!

Went there once as a teenager and that was plenty. South Oxhey is full of… characters.
Nearest pub to where you live on 16:24 - Jun 3 with 1327 viewscolinallcars

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:54 - Jun 2 by hantssi

Years ago in the early days of CAMRA, I had a job that gave me Wednesdays off. I used this day as a Real Ale day and spent the day in various places within a train trip of London.
Portsmouth/southsea was a good 'un with Gales, Brickwoods and Burts with a trip on the hovercraft to IOW.
Happy, boozy days.
Nearest pub to where you live on 16:43 - Jun 3 with 1283 viewsA40Bosh

If it's to watch football with my brother and mates then it is the Middlesex Arms in South Ruislip which is 300yrds down the road.

If it's with the Mrs then the venue has to be a little bit more genteel shall we say (or expensive in reality).

Faves are The Case is Altered in Eastcote or The White Bear between Ruislip and West Ruislip.

All three were originally built as pubs and better than these new pubs and the recent trend of converting a high street shoe shop in to identikit, long narrow, Hennessy's, Three Wishes type chain pub.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:04 - Jun 3 with 1261 viewsHayesender

That's in Doncaster. I actually went in there on my last visit to Doncaster in 2011. It's so shite it's brilliant

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:08 - Jun 3 with 1258 viewsHayesender

The Locomotive in Wick/Littlehampton. It's not a bad pub, but it's run by a typical short bald Chelsea maggot so I tend to go to the social club up the road, or 10 minutes on the bus to Arundel which has some lovely pubs

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Nearest pub to where you live on 09:54 - Jun 4 with 1131 viewsTheChef

The Three Wishes, Edgware High Street.

If it could have a flat roof, it would.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:37 - Jun 4 with 1054 viewsrobith

Nearest pub to where you live on 20:53 - Jun 1 by E17hoop

This is the infamous pub near me.

Tavern on the Hill is now owned by WIldcard Brewery and does some fantastic food now. They had a guy who did a jerk sunday roast, was absolutely elite
Nearest pub to where you live on 10:40 - Jun 4 with 1048 viewsrobith

The closest pub to me is The Castle E17. It's a lovely pub that does a great pint.

Unfortunately it is basically a creche, and thus, unusable. I usually head to The Nags Head for its no child policy and the fact that on Fridays and Saturdays the landlady Flossie DJs from her own vinyl collection.

When I lived by Hoe Street I was right by the rose and crown which is a great community pub. However, the local MP acts like she owns the area and she'd always be in there acting up and I cba with it
Nearest pub to where you live on 11:39 - Jun 4 with 954 viewsNorthernr

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:40 - Jun 4 by robith

The closest pub to me is The Castle E17. It's a lovely pub that does a great pint.

Unfortunately it is basically a creche, and thus, unusable. I usually head to The Nags Head for its no child policy and the fact that on Fridays and Saturdays the landlady Flossie DJs from her own vinyl collection.

When I lived by Hoe Street I was right by the rose and crown which is a great community pub. However, the local MP acts like she owns the area and she'd always be in there acting up and I cba with it

Rose and Crown on Tooting Common is like that. Should be brilliant with the grass stretching out in front of it like that, pints outside etc. Inside, it's like one of those pubs they used stick up on northern retail parks with a Wacky Warehouse attached.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024