Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sent to Coventry match thread. 16:12 - Oct 20 with 26437 viewsShotKneesHoop

I go to see the R’s several times a year - but I am like an albatross when it comes to seeing them picking up three points. The last time I saw them win was Ian Holloway’s first game back as manager, when they beat Naaarch 1-0 at Loftus Road about 8 years ago. I’m going to see the R’s on Tuesday night. What odds on me seeing them finish winning a rare 3 points?
[Post edited 20 Oct 16:14]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 626 viewsdavman

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:30 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Anderson did well when he came on.
Him and Morgan were a marked improvement on Chair and Dembele who were both woeful.
Saito should be starting every game.

Dembele was Chair wasn't.

But the forward players we ended up with were only ever going to fluke a goal. Anderson - Lloyd - Morgan is frighteningly bad.

As awful as Celar was (and he was), the only thing Lloyd has over him is pace and he has absolutely no idea on how to press. Morgan started very well, but faded badly to show he may be ok as an impact sub, but no way should he be starting. Anderson much improved from an all time low bar for the season.

That three will never threaten or scare anyone at this level.

Marti has taken both Dembele and Chair off at the same time (60 mins) and any semblance of looking like a team with a model of attacking play just disappears.

Nardi looked dodgy on crosses today and had his first brain fart playing around with the ball (great shot stopping though). Saito fantastic; much better than the fake footballer we've had at left back for the last few seasons. Varane looked excellent; Field pretty abject.

A point we never looked like getting.

A struggle awaits.

Whose in Burnley with me and the lad on Saturday?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:22 - Oct 22 with 480 viewsQPunkR

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:29 - Oct 22 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, I remember, you patronising (as well as clearly semi-literate) bore!

Christ, don’t give up do you. I wish our midfield had the same bloody mindedness

QPR - "shit but local"

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:25 - Oct 22 with 455 viewsstainrods_elbow

We certainly weren't staggeringly bad, and certainly better than v Portsmouth, albeit we weren't very good. Time will tell if it's a point won rather than two dropped that helps us to turn things around somehow.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:31 - Oct 22 with 416 viewsnumptydumpty

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:15 - Oct 22 by Juzzie

ST’ers who don’t attend are still counted.

It’s not really an attendance figure, more of a tickets sold figure.

Yes I didn't go and am a season ticket holder.

Disillusioned and know a lot of sesson ticket holders took the easy option of the television. You could tell.

In times gone by, being the home team was an advantage !!!

We have been awful at home for way too long.

We will win at Burnley though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:40 - Oct 22 with 348 viewsHunterhoop

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:05 - Oct 22 by davman

But the forward players we ended up with were only ever going to fluke a goal. Anderson - Lloyd - Morgan is frighteningly bad.

As awful as Celar was (and he was), the only thing Lloyd has over him is pace and he has absolutely no idea on how to press. Morgan started very well, but faded badly to show he may be ok as an impact sub, but no way should he be starting. Anderson much improved from an all time low bar for the season.

Marti has taken both Dembele and Chair off at the same time (60 mins) and any semblance of looking like a team with a model of attacking play just disappears.

Nardi looked dodgy on crosses today and had his first brain fart playing around with the ball (great shot stopping though). Saito fantastic; much better than the fake footballer we've had at left back for the last few seasons. Varane looked excellent; Field pretty abject.

A struggle awaits.

Not how I saw it, or those around me.

Chair was very poor. He overplayed and shot too often rather than pass. I don’t think he’s remotely match fit. He was blowing in the first half and twice hid behind a player as he didn’t want it because he was blowing.

They are trying to build his fitness.

Also, Field was excellent in that second half. When we needed to get something from somewhere he stood up and made a lot of tackles, and blocks. “Abject” is ridiculous, Dav.

The biggest problem tonight was Celar. He offered absolutely nothing all game. Everyone did some good and some bad stuff. He did nothing right all game.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:48 - Oct 22 with 315 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:05 - Oct 22 by davman

A struggle awaits.

Sorry but we don’t not looked like scoring and actually scored when Anderson and Morgan came on: they added such much needed energy and forward momentum and also lifted the crowd from the stupor we were all in.
Yeah Lloyd didn’t actually do much but he chased around a lot and was better than Celar. Can’t see him being the answer up front either: the decision to go into the season with two forwards looking increasingly flawed. Let’s all hope Frey is back for the next game.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 00:05 - Oct 23 with 247 viewsmart_Goblin

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 by stainrods_elbow

Even if he had the good grace to drop Madsen, Cifuentes' decision to take off Smyth for the last 10m (exactly when you want him), who was flying and assisted for the goal, was cretinous, and for me dismally conservative. As was his refusal to sub off Celar at h/t (if not sooner). Increasingly, I start to feel, he's part of the problem.

We ran around a bit, and were resilient, but, mama mia, do we lack creative quality or what?

On the positive side, Field raised his game, Chair was better, and Saito was tricky at times. Smyth had his best game in a Rangers shirt for me. Clarke-Salter was cool and composed, and Nardi kept us in it once or twice, again. And hats off to Morgan for a wonderful goal.

On the other hand, Varane did little of value, Dembele disappointed again, and Celar has surely burned up his last dregs of credit with even the most rose-tintedly bespectacled Rs fan. He was a miasma of futility.

As things stand, I can't see us climbing out of the bottom 3 for any number of reasons:

1. Lack of midfield (creativity).
2. Lack of goals.
3. Tactical fragility/too many stupid substitutions.
4. Thin, dismally unbalanced squad.
5. We still can't win games of football.

Anyone feeling any more hopeful?

Anyone?

Smyth limped off with an injury .
The 10 minutes preceding the change he was stretching his calf .
But looked uncomfortable
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 00:18 - Oct 23 with 213 viewsmart_Goblin

Drained of energy after watching us twice in 4 days .

Players looked disinterested to me in the first half .
Even Saito , who was my man of the match by a mile didn’t want the ball off of Nardi with the whole of LR to run into .
Varane much better , likewise Andersen .

Confused how a team can be seen to be at least having a go but still look nonchalant and lethargic . How do we do that ?

And well, I’ve tried to give Celar the benefit of the doubt at times …like, we don’t play football anywhere near him…but when we do , at least try to make a difference. God sake man .
Becoming clear that Celar and Madsen , as it stands are just finding the championship too physical , too quick and too much . Lloyd not much better but at least he’ll take the ball and run at players .
Login to get fewer ads

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 00:39 - Oct 23 with 185 viewsdavman

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:40 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

Not how I saw it, or those around me.

Chair was very poor. He overplayed and shot too often rather than pass. I don’t think he’s remotely match fit. He was blowing in the first half and twice hid behind a player as he didn’t want it because he was blowing.

They are trying to build his fitness.

Also, Field was excellent in that second half. When we needed to get something from somewhere he stood up and made a lot of tackles, and blocks. “Abject” is ridiculous, Dav.

The biggest problem tonight was Celar. He offered absolutely nothing all game. Everyone did some good and some bad stuff. He did nothing right all game.

All about opinions. Chair is not match fit, but "hiding" is just ridiculous. He is the ONLY one out there who actually went looking to receive the ball; everyone else just ran away. And don't start with the "he holds on to it too long" crap! 😠

Field blocked away as he always does, but he almost gave the ball away deep in our territory in the build up to the goal. Lucky boy...

Agree on Celar. Utterly shite. Terrified of the ball and petrified whenever a defender is within 5 yards of him. Warning bells should have been loud and clear when he is second choice behind Jan Mlacker for his national team. If Frey has a QPR "minor calf injury", he'll be out 'til the New Year and we might as well play Jimmy Dunne up there. Desperate times AGAIN.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 01:03 - Oct 23 with 125 viewsmart_Goblin

One last point and then I’ll sod off

Just before they scored, Dembele made that awful clearance straight to their player …at that moment Paal was standing up..just as the player advanced into the box merely 8 or 9 yards from Paal, he then thought that was the time to collapse in heap.

He may well have picked up an injury but you couldn’t have limped across to block the shot / cross?
Just in that second you couldn’t have gone through the pain to try and make a difference?

You managed to walk round the pitch but you couldn’t move a few yards even in pain ?

Not exactly Bert Trautman are you Kenneth!
He binned that off in my opinion and that is inexcusable
[Post edited 23 Oct 1:05]
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 01:06 - Oct 23 with 113 viewsSydneyRs

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:52 - Oct 22 by queensparker

Saito man of the match for me, put in a good shift at emergency left wing back, surprisingly decent in the air, and always positive with the ball.

That last point is so important, I’ve run out of patience with this team that seem so desperate to turn back and play safe with the ball. Only Saito, Smyth and Chair ever seem to look to attack.

Second point is a tired old one but we look so weak to second balls and tackles. Andersen of all people came on and started getting stuck in and showed how it was done.

Got to feel for Celar but he’s not a target man, he can’t run onto through balls and today we put in several decent crosses and he was nowhere near them. Hard to see what he actually does

Anyway my Coventry neighbour thought we looked good and dangerous and we were unlucky so maybe we’re all getting a bit harsh

I reckon if we had a few more points on the board this wouldn't be seen as that bad a result. Cov clearly a better team than their current league position.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 01:30 - Oct 23 with 83 viewsVancouverHoop

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 23:25 - Oct 22 by stainrods_elbow

We certainly weren't staggeringly bad, and certainly better than v Portsmouth, albeit we weren't very good. Time will tell if it's a point won rather than two dropped that helps us to turn things around somehow.

Yeah. A flickering ray of hope suggests it's still early doors. I do believe we can, and have, played better than this recently (cf. the first 20 minutes against Hull.) Unfortunately team confidence is at rock bottom, and with so many newbies it requires building from scratch.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024