Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sent to Coventry match thread. 16:12 - Oct 20 with 26496 viewsShotKneesHoop

I go to see the R’s several times a year - but I am like an albatross when it comes to seeing them picking up three points. The last time I saw them win was Ian Holloway’s first game back as manager, when they beat Naaarch 1-0 at Loftus Road about 8 years ago. I’m going to see the R’s on Tuesday night. What odds on me seeing them finish winning a rare 3 points?
[Post edited 20 Oct 16:14]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:56 - Oct 22 with 1479 viewsJimmyR

Another c’nt ref, no idea how they only got one yellow card at the end of the first half

Still tho, good point, not a loss, few green shoots
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:56 - Oct 22 with 1474 viewsDorse

That was like watching two naked drunks try to beat each other to death with wet noodles. Outside a charity shop. That is closed. In the rain.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1444 viewsozexile

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:54 - Oct 22 by Match82

Varane has played a few great little balls today to set us going. Less said about that last chance the better.

I'd love to know how that final 20 mins mirrored Nourry's game model? Complete random formation. Looked like a 3 -6-1. Schoolboy football.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1428 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Varane has played a few great little balls today to set us going. Less said about that last chance the better.

I thought he was much improved. His tackling was sharp and a good range of passing from deep. Just needs to improve his first touch.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1444 viewscharmr

Match report as Clive is away.

2 bald men fighting over a comb.

ATT 11,435
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1444 viewsted_hendrix

Well we're of off the bottom so three cheers and all who sail In her.

Hurrah

Hurrah

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:59 - Oct 22 with 1274 viewsjoolsyp

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:49 - Oct 22 by kensalriser

Our decision making is terrible...among other things.

Amongst the other things I’d add fitness and confidence. Second half of last season we finished games strongly, today half the team were blowing out their arses last 15.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:59 - Oct 22 with 1268 viewsJuzzie

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 by charmr

Match report as Clive is away.

2 bald men fighting over a comb.

ATT 11,435

14,173 according to the beeb.

1 point from two home games against two dogshite teams aint good. I’m greedy, should have been two wins and 15th place.
Login to get fewer ads

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1247 viewsRangersw12

Massive statement to Nourry and co to not bring on Madson .

Thought Field played well and I thought Varane was ok .

Point gained from where we were after 4 mins but we look toothless upfront and now got 4 tough fixtures 😬
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1243 viewsJimboqpr

Not much quality but at least they showed a lot of grit and fight in that 2nd half. We must've made more tackles than we've done in a long time in that game. Definitely think Varane is getting better.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1238 viewsBurnleyhoop

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:32 - Oct 22 by Damo1962

I've counted three great crosses from him tonight.

Celar, very much like Dykes, on his heels instead of attacking the crosses.

Would prefer Dykes to Celar all day long though. At least Dykes was decent in the air and closed down more.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1225 viewsrbee

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:57 - Oct 22 by ted_hendrix

Well we're of off the bottom so three cheers and all who sail In her.

Hurrah

Hurrah

A point to stop the run of losses and a slightly better performance. I'll take that.

Goodnight all.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 1176 viewsGus_iom

He's headed the ball into space for runners a couple of times, too. I like him
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 1158 viewsDylanP

What an absolutely hopeless display.

Celar is rubbish. Why is he playing. Has he even had a shot yet this season, let alone a fckin goal? 10 appearances, no goals. That isn't a great record.

Andersen is dire. His best move is the slow back pass. What is the point?

No leadership. No creativity. No basics. Just back passes and shots over the bar.

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 1146 viewswortonr

Remember last year about how we started slowly due to the fitness supposedly building to reduce injuries. Seemed to me we were dead on our feet the last ten minutes. Is there a fitness issue again?
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 1135 viewsqprxtc

It could have been better, it could have been worse.

As my wife often tells me.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 1128 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 22 by rbee

A point to stop the run of losses and a slightly better performance. I'll take that.

Goodnight all.

Me too.
I thought we looked better in defence and midfield.
Frey a big loss up front.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:05 - Oct 22 with 976 viewsPdog

After shitting the bed so early that could easily have turned ugly.

I thought we showed fight & desire, lacked some quality of course but we stopped the rot.

Some positive displays from Varane, Saito, Nardi and an improving Chair. Special mention to the young lad Morgan what a high that must be.

Total underdogs for the games to come but they are championship teams, not champions league. Anything can happen.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:06 - Oct 22 with 947 viewsaston_hoop

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Me too.
I thought we looked better in defence and midfield.
Frey a big loss up front.

Yeah I actually thought we were ok for large periods of that. Varane is a mile ahead of Madsen deeper, Madsen should only be playing further forward. Frey would have made a huge difference up front too. Onwards and upwards

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 876 viewsstainrods_elbow

Even if he had the good grace to drop Madsen, Cifuentes' decision to take off Smyth for the last 10m (exactly when you want him), who was flying and assisted for the goal, was cretinous, and for me dismally conservative. As was his refusal to sub off Celar at h/t (if not sooner). Increasingly, I start to feel, he's part of the problem.

We ran around a bit, and were resilient, but, mama mia, do we lack creative quality or what?

On the positive side, Field raised his game, Chair was better, and Saito was tricky at times. Smyth had his best game in a Rangers shirt for me. Clarke-Salter was cool and composed, and Nardi kept us in it once or twice, again. And hats off to Morgan for a wonderful goal.

On the other hand, Varane did little of value, Dembele disappointed again, and Celar has surely burned up his last dregs of credit with even the most rose-tintedly bespectacled Rs fan. He was a miasma of futility.

As things stand, I can't see us climbing out of the bottom 3 for any number of reasons:

1. Lack of midfield (creativity).
2. Lack of goals.
3. Tactical fragility/too many stupid substitutions.
4. Thin, dismally unbalanced squad.
5. We still can't win games of football.

Anyone feeling any more hopeful?

Anyone?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 890 viewscorse

Better. A good point.
Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 882 viewsR_from_afar

Quite a few genuinely decent crosses from Smyth. Finally!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 881 viewsted_hendrix

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 21:59 - Oct 22 by Juzzie

14,173 according to the beeb.

1 point from two home games against two dogshite teams aint good. I’m greedy, should have been two wins and 15th place.

Mate, we are a dogshite team (I'm sure you know that) we continually fail to beat dogshite teams (worst of all at home).

That makes us hardly able to expect us to beat them, no point going over old ground.

It's awfully frustrating, why oh why was Paul Smyth hooked on 80 minutes? I thought he was a great threat for us tonight.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 820 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sauce? 14, 173 according to the Beeb. (Though it didn't look like it on my stream!)

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:12 - Oct 22 with 701 viewsGaryHaddock

Sent to Coventry match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 22 by stainrods_elbow

Even if he had the good grace to drop Madsen, Cifuentes' decision to take off Smyth for the last 10m (exactly when you want him), who was flying and assisted for the goal, was cretinous, and for me dismally conservative. As was his refusal to sub off Celar at h/t (if not sooner). Increasingly, I start to feel, he's part of the problem.

We ran around a bit, and were resilient, but, mama mia, do we lack creative quality or what?

On the positive side, Field raised his game, Chair was better, and Saito was tricky at times. Smyth had his best game in a Rangers shirt for me. Clarke-Salter was cool and composed, and Nardi kept us in it once or twice, again. And hats off to Morgan for a wonderful goal.

On the other hand, Varane did little of value, Dembele disappointed again, and Celar has surely burned up his last dregs of credit with even the most rose-tintedly bespectacled Rs fan. He was a miasma of futility.

As things stand, I can't see us climbing out of the bottom 3 for any number of reasons:

1. Lack of midfield (creativity).
2. Lack of goals.
3. Tactical fragility/too many stupid substitutions.
4. Thin, dismally unbalanced squad.
5. We still can't win games of football.

Anyone feeling any more hopeful?

Anyone?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024