Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Adelaide's reincarnation 13:00 - Sep 26 with 2858 viewsBlackCrowe

Looks v promising

https://www.tiktok.com/@thetal

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 15:06 - Sep 26 with 2632 viewsfrancisbowles

Pub becomes Indian restaurant? Not for me.
7
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 16:14 - Sep 26 with 2492 viewscolinallcars

I read awhile back of a bill to prevent pubs being turned into anything else.
Too late for the Adelaide but hopefully it will be enshrined in law soon.
4
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 16:23 - Sep 26 with 2471 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 15:06 - Sep 26 by francisbowles

Pub becomes Indian restaurant? Not for me.


Their website says “ An Indian Pub & Dining Room from Avi Shashidhara inspired by the traditional drinking establishments of India.”

Probably the sort of thing I’ll try once and I’m it won’t be a cheap place for a pre-match few but it is still a pub. Good luck to them as it’s a challenge to make that site work.
1
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 2409 viewsconnell10

Looks awful and probably 10 a pint , not for me.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

2
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 17:31 - Sep 26 with 2358 viewsLblock

I miss that old girl......

Had some brilliant, brilliant times in there with the confirmation of "no points, no points, we're Champions!!!" being the highlight pre-Leedscum game THAT season.

I used to particularly enjoy the winter games when the rugby was on straight after a game and the open fire going.
Guiness and a scotch egg that used to retail at something like £63.40 each!

Before those days the left hand half of the pub (later Dining area) was frequented by us in younger days and a few of the more "lively likely lads" shall we say.

That aside, the continual loss of London, and the wider country's, pubs is such a scandal but a sign of our times and the changing demograph, economic and cultural shift will claim more and more in the coming years.
Good luck Publicans and all who sail in them.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

7
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 01:19 - Sep 27 with 2049 viewsBoston

I hope they improve the bogs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 04:20 - Sep 27 with 1962 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 16:23 - Sep 26 by Watford_Ranger

Their website says “ An Indian Pub & Dining Room from Avi Shashidhara inspired by the traditional drinking establishments of India.”

Probably the sort of thing I’ll try once and I’m it won’t be a cheap place for a pre-match few but it is still a pub. Good luck to them as it’s a challenge to make that site work.


Reminds me of a similar set-up in Glasgow I was in a few years ago. However you want to dress it up: it's an Indian restaurant shoe horned into a pub, as opposed to an excellent place I used to go near WBA's ground (The Vines I think) back in the day.

Another here who preferred the Adelaide if I went for a beer after a game and as mentioned above, great when the 6N was on. So that's the Bushranger and the Goldhawk gone, as well as Walkabout which was always lively if you fancied pushing on apres-game.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 06:46 - Sep 27 with 1909 viewsSuperhoops2808

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 17:31 - Sep 26 by Lblock

I miss that old girl......

Had some brilliant, brilliant times in there with the confirmation of "no points, no points, we're Champions!!!" being the highlight pre-Leedscum game THAT season.

I used to particularly enjoy the winter games when the rugby was on straight after a game and the open fire going.
Guiness and a scotch egg that used to retail at something like £63.40 each!

Before those days the left hand half of the pub (later Dining area) was frequented by us in younger days and a few of the more "lively likely lads" shall we say.

That aside, the continual loss of London, and the wider country's, pubs is such a scandal but a sign of our times and the changing demograph, economic and cultural shift will claim more and more in the coming years.
Good luck Publicans and all who sail in them.


Same

Good thing about there was you could have a smoke outside, and then go over the road and collect a kebab wrapped in Naan bread and bring it back in... Got wasted in there after the Leeds game
0
Login to get fewer ads

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 1563 viewsBoston

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 16:14 - Sep 26 by colinallcars

I read awhile back of a bill to prevent pubs being turned into anything else.
Too late for the Adelaide but hopefully it will be enshrined in law soon.


In quieter parts of Ireland, there are establishments where you can do your shopping, purchase hardware and have a few pints. Sometimes, rather like the Wizard of Oz, just draw back a curtain and lo and behold there is a public bar. In one Mayo town, they make coffins in the pub.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 17:59 - Sep 27 with 1426 viewsstevec

Handy for night games, I’ve missed the Nepalese opposite Bloemfontein Road.
0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 19:22 - Sep 27 with 1329 viewsGroveR

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 04:20 - Sep 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Reminds me of a similar set-up in Glasgow I was in a few years ago. However you want to dress it up: it's an Indian restaurant shoe horned into a pub, as opposed to an excellent place I used to go near WBA's ground (The Vines I think) back in the day.

Another here who preferred the Adelaide if I went for a beer after a game and as mentioned above, great when the 6N was on. So that's the Bushranger and the Goldhawk gone, as well as Walkabout which was always lively if you fancied pushing on apres-game.


Their insta says not but I'll guess we'll see.

This was a neighbourhood pub on Uxbridge Road before it was anything else. That’s the bit we didn’t want to lose.

There’s a version of this project where we strip it back and it ends up feeling like a restaurant with a bar bolted on. We’re not doing that. The bar running the length of the room, the snug, the way people naturally cluster round it, that stays. We’re building the kitchen and the fire in around the pub, not the other way round
0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 00:27 - Sep 28 with 1138 viewsfrancisbowles

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 15:44 - Sep 27 by Boston

In quieter parts of Ireland, there are establishments where you can do your shopping, purchase hardware and have a few pints. Sometimes, rather like the Wizard of Oz, just draw back a curtain and lo and behold there is a public bar. In one Mayo town, they make coffins in the pub.


https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/
0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 02:09 - Sep 28 with 1100 viewsnumptydumpty

I guess at least its not a Costa or a Starbucks..

Why pay £9 for a pint, when you can have an Americano for £4.50...

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Main Reason you started following QPR ??

0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 08:46 - Sep 28 with 900 viewsBlackCrowe

The Adelaide's reincarnation on 02:09 - Sep 28 by numptydumpty

I guess at least its not a Costa or a Starbucks..

Why pay £9 for a pint, when you can have an Americano for £4.50...


Exactly this. The Adelaide clearly couldn't get the numbers to workBetter someone has a crack at it than it turn into flats, vape shop, Greggs etc. It won't replace my pre-match go-to but a potentially good option for food and beer afterwards or midweek.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

0
The Adelaide's reincarnation on 09:58 - Sep 28 with 800 viewsTheChef

Nothing wrong with a desi pub IMO.

Beer AND curry under one roof? Sure thing!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026