| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread 17:04 - Oct 8 with 30754 views | FredManRave | Could go one of 3 ways this one. Be happy with a/some draw. |  |
| |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 09:33 - Oct 10 with 804 views | GaryBannister86 |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 08:44 - Oct 10 by Bukim_Dano | Not enough mentions on this thread about Madsens penalty. Packed stadium. Huge pressure. Cool as you like. Pure class. |
May have dreamt it, but did I read somewhere he's never missed a penalty in professional football? Certainly looks like he has that confidence. It's odd, I really fancied him to score and I also fancied Charles to save the penalty. This is incredibly rare, not felt that since Fenwick and Smithies. |  | |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:02 - Oct 10 with 678 views | terryb |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 00:51 - Oct 10 by johncharles | I thought Bowen’s “crunching tackle “ on Vale was a red card. Two footed studs up sliding tackle ! The more I see it the worse it gets. |
On seeing the highlights it was certainly a foul (we all thought so at the time) & I thought bordering on a sending off. It looked more dangerous than reckless to me. On other matters, there were many very good performances tonight - Charles, Kemper & Kamara in particular, but the standout player to me was Adamson. From expecting him to be roasted if he was playing, I now have no concerns when he is on the pitch. The first half last night was so controlled. I think we might have a decent team this year! |  | |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 580 views | R_from_afar |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 22:00 - Oct 9 by Dorse | It was like the aftermath of the battle of Cannae in the last 10 minutes. |
Haha, indeed. On a side note, the site of that battle is well worth a visit. When I was there in 2018 there was a brand new visitor centre and very informative museum, all completely free. I felt moved standing on the hill above the plain and contemplating the fact that around 50,000 Romans were killed in Hannibal's pincer movement, in just one day. |  |
| "Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1." |
|  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:36 - Oct 10 with 546 views | JohnBurkeQPR |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 09:33 - Oct 10 by GaryBannister86 | May have dreamt it, but did I read somewhere he's never missed a penalty in professional football? Certainly looks like he has that confidence. It's odd, I really fancied him to score and I also fancied Charles to save the penalty. This is incredibly rare, not felt that since Fenwick and Smithies. |
Celar taking that penalty instead of Madsen against Stoke a couple years ago was one of the most QPR moments of my lifetime. Completely mental decision |  | |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:40 - Oct 10 with 523 views | nix |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:25 - Oct 10 by R_from_afar | Haha, indeed. On a side note, the site of that battle is well worth a visit. When I was there in 2018 there was a brand new visitor centre and very informative museum, all completely free. I felt moved standing on the hill above the plain and contemplating the fact that around 50,000 Romans were killed in Hannibal's pincer movement, in just one day. |
Now that’s why I love LFW. Always a school day (and not being sarky in case anyone thought that). |  | |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 10:57 - Oct 10 with 466 views | QPunkR | Absolutely brilliant celebrations at Charles’ mad double save at the end, that’s what football’s all about! Great atmosphere in the away end all game. Subs definitely killed us after we were pissing all over West Ham first half but understand (now) the reasons behind them. What’s disappointing was that we were looking at our bench before the game and thought how strong it was. Kolli kept giving the ball away but at least he was present up front. Bringing on Kone nowadays is just like going down to 10 men, he looks totally immobile. No idea what’s happened to him. A few brilliant performances tonight and we were absolutely hanging on in the end, but it’s another point gained but more importantly showed the spirit in the camp, something that’s been lacking for years at Rangers |  |
|  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 11:47 - Oct 10 with 334 views | Spaceman_P |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 08:44 - Oct 10 by Bukim_Dano | Not enough mentions on this thread about Madsens penalty. Packed stadium. Huge pressure. Cool as you like. Pure class. |
I was thinking this morning... that, that penalty was a proper p¡ss-take. He trolled them all... what a nordic lord |  | |  |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 222 views | Stainrod |
| Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread on 01:45 - Oct 10 by ViewFrom165 | Following on from the Preston game where the narrative was about the fight, spirit and mentality that this group showed in that second half, I feel like tonight’s game affirmed what they possess but in a completely different game and set of circumstances. In pretty much any Season over the last 20 years (besides the Title winning one), playing the first game back from International Break, away at a relegated West Ham side, on a Friday night and live on Sky, I would have 100% backed us to lose toothlessly. However, I don't think we could have executed the first half any better, it was as controlled and assured as I've seen us going in to a game like that, we genuinely looked the better more mature side, and totally unflustered by the occasion. Yes more could have been made from the break which ended with the Kolli shot, but to a man everyone done really well. No notes. Second half was a slight but unharmful drop off until the 60mins, where we went to pieces once the substitutions commenced. During the game, personnel wise I had no problems with who came on, but I have to say I was so disappointed by their input and the negative impact they all had. Having thought about them in more depth since FT, I have to question whether they were all the right calls by Stephan. Mbengue aside; Vale, Lamptey and Kone have all been out injured either before or during the International Break, and they didn't look fit to play at all. They all really struggled to pick up the pace of the game, looked frantic and kept turning over possession back to West Ham in a spell where we really needed to keep it. Kone in particular was a disgrace with his lack of mobility and the way he got moved off the ball so easily a few times, something is really wrong with him. I know options were limited but with the versatility of Adamson and Edwards, I wonder if we could have shuffled the pack and brought on Varane instead of rushing Lamptey back, I don't know much about Obikwu but I've seen he has more pace than Kone and could have helped us get up the pitch a bit quicker, and Scarlett shouldn't be there to just make up the numbers and could have come on at LW with more in his legs than Vale. Despite those disadvantages and effectively going down to 8 men, the capable ones really dug in and saw the game out when they could have quite easily folded, putting another big fat tick in the fight/spirit/mentality column. The cherry on the top was Charles' heroics which don't need explaining. Honourable mention for Kolli coming in to that game with all the noise that's preceded it and putting in the solid performance that he did. I don't think he was quite a 7 but a 6.99 feels about right, having not kicked a ball in the Championship since April I thought he picked up the pace of the game well and put in a really intelligent and neat performance on and off the ball. There were some mostly excellent first time passes and a couple of stray ones, the nutmeg and switch was class, and he gave a good account of himself against Defenders that played in the Premiership last year. I wouldn't say he had the beating of Kilman but was definitely getting under his skin as he lashed out at him a couple of times, including the knee to the back of the head that the Officials chose to ignore. Fingers crossed it's the start of a successful redemption arc. Kemper was great after being out for a while too. If I'm being picky I thought Madsen hid a bit and didn't get on the ball enough as Kamara did, but everyone else put in a big shift. On to Derby and hopefully a win under the lights! |
Last night I felt much like you about the subs but having slept on it not sure Stéphan made obviously bad calls in real time. With the injuries he had, there were just so few options and some players were out on their feet. Mbengue and Kone are usually starters so he should be able to rely on them. Lamptey has looked a class above previously but wasn’t right last night even before his injury. If fit he will prob come into his own in home matches where we want to take it to the opposition. Kember best player on the pitch until he went off. |  | |  |
| |