Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 28171 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 15:09 - May 15 with 2127 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 15:03 - May 15 by baz_qpr

The law should be anonymous until charged, otherwise you could never may a public appeal for witnesses

The problem is that this, today, is impossible to do.
Say Remy is arrested. He is seen being taken away or whatever. Someone tells someone who tells someone, and someone then puts the rumour on a forum or on twitter. Then someone repeats it. someone else repeats it. then, it's in the public domain and I'm not sure how you can charge anyone for repeating the rumour/fact after that.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:12 - May 15 with 2102 viewsHollowayRanger

IF TRUE

THE guy must be a total nutter

he has it all ,must have a decent bird somewhere certain to have women throw themselves at him can easliy afford some high class bit of fluff whenever he feels the urge

so why do this IF ITS TRUE!Talk about hitting the self distruct button

IF TRUE BLOODY ANIMALS hope they get 10 years minium!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Remy arrested? on 15:12 - May 15 with 2114 viewsClive_Anderson

Remy arrested? on 15:03 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

I love how the BBC get the blame in this - the corporation is of course culpable to a degree, but, you know, the actual police received complaints and did not act on them. In Savile's own autobiography he wrote this:

[Savile] writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Savile writes: “‘Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.

So, while the BBC, or at least, the people within the BBC who suspected him of what he was doing, acted atrociously, the people who are supposed to safeguard us from this kind of thing KNEW about it, by SAVILE'S OWN ADMISSION, and did NOTHING! Of course, a lot of Savile's abuses happened in Yorkshire, whose police force... well, do we even need to go into details of what happened there in the 70s? Or after Hillsborough?

I apologise for being flippant in my previous post in response to dave, but this is a difficult business. Famous people are often protected where the rest of us would not be - that's partly how Savile, Hall and the rest went undetected for so long, because people were afraid of their status. I can't really see how you can ever guarantee anonymity to anyone famous in cases like these, especially not today.

People aren't just blaming the BBC, the police were obviously at fault but the BBC had a part to play as well. It wasn't just Savile either at the BBC with Hall and apparently a load of others as well.
Remy arrested? on 15:14 - May 15 with 2103 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 15:12 - May 15 by Clive_Anderson

People aren't just blaming the BBC, the police were obviously at fault but the BBC had a part to play as well. It wasn't just Savile either at the BBC with Hall and apparently a load of others as well.

totally agree. i was replying to a post that brought the BBC into it, saying it turned a blind eye, when it's clear that plenty of other institutions, including, most importantly and far more pertinently, the actual police, did the same.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:22 - May 15 with 2058 viewsrobith

Remy arrested? on 15:00 - May 15 by wombat

the student was one story but there are many others when women have made an accusation only to retract it later on due to not wanting to admit they wer shall we say easy lays.

rapes a disgusting crime but i dont and never have seen how a women name is kept secret yet the alleged person as soon as hes charged is declared open season.

one fact its rare for the police to charge a women in wasting the polices time in false rape allegations, the police are fearful of women being tpo scared to come forward in actual true rape cases so they issue a stern telling off to the women but charges are rarely bought against them. even when they have wasted hundred of hours of police time

You're demonstrating part of the problem - belief in false rape accusations is wildly disproportionate to the reality. There we almost 6,000 prosecutions for rape Jan 2011 and May 2012. 35 of them were false accusations. So about 0.5%

Yet because people believe that everyone's making it up it makes it very difficult to conduct successful prosecutions and hampers women actually coming forward.

I have personally seen both sides of the story. 2 friends were falsely accused of rape, but cleared when she dropped the charges (because she was lying). A few people who didn't like them to begin with still bring it up, but mostly it's blown over.

An ex girlfriend of mine was raped abroad. The local police laughed her out as "a silly white girl" who just regretted her action.

I know which of the two has the bigger societal impact and cost.

Also as for comments like "what did they expect?" I dunno, maybe I'm old school, but I've always thought the onus was on men to not rape people. Crazy thought I know.
Remy arrested? on 15:28 - May 15 with 2011 viewswombat

Remy arrested? on 15:22 - May 15 by robith

You're demonstrating part of the problem - belief in false rape accusations is wildly disproportionate to the reality. There we almost 6,000 prosecutions for rape Jan 2011 and May 2012. 35 of them were false accusations. So about 0.5%

Yet because people believe that everyone's making it up it makes it very difficult to conduct successful prosecutions and hampers women actually coming forward.

I have personally seen both sides of the story. 2 friends were falsely accused of rape, but cleared when she dropped the charges (because she was lying). A few people who didn't like them to begin with still bring it up, but mostly it's blown over.

An ex girlfriend of mine was raped abroad. The local police laughed her out as "a silly white girl" who just regretted her action.

Also as for comments like "what did they expect?" I dunno, maybe I'm old school, but I've always thought the onus was on men to not rape people. Crazy thought I know.

not sure where u got these figures from with regards false rape claims but it seems very low indeed , you maybe right but the figures seem low is all im saying

and no not demonstrating part of the problem either , all im saying is the alleged person charged should have some rights until the case is proven or not proven , if hes guilty id happily cut his nads of and feed them to him but its wrong that the person is named when arrested in my book

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Remy arrested? on 15:39 - May 15 with 1979 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 15:22 - May 15 by robith

Excellent.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:39 - May 15 with 1974 viewsA40Bosh

Remy arrested? on 15:14 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

totally agree. i was replying to a post that brought the BBC into it, saying it turned a blind eye, when it's clear that plenty of other institutions, including, most importantly and far more pertinently, the actual police, did the same.

and again I was merely highlighting the BBC as being PART of the perceived institutional cover up of Saville's antics not the root cause of his getting away with it until it was too late to do him.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 15:43 - May 15 with 1948 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 15:39 - May 15 by A40Bosh

and again I was merely highlighting the BBC as being PART of the perceived institutional cover up of Saville's antics not the root cause of his getting away with it until it was too late to do him.

Fair cop, I just think it's just interesting that the BBC are the first thing people reach for in this, but fair do's - think we're on the same page really!

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:52 - May 15 with 1897 viewsJuzzie

4 or 5 years ago I was on jury service and covered a 6 day case where a young lady offered certain 'services' to help her income whilst studying.

The case was of her being raped during one such visit from a man as she had made it clear the only services offered didn't include full sex. The actual case was very complex so I wont go into detail but I admired her courage to come forward and go through the whole episode of going to the police then having to sit there in court and give evidence too whilst everyone was told what had alledegdly happened. It wasn't pretty.

A verdict of not guilty had to be given as it could not be proven, even the foresic evedence offered no conclusive proof. It was simply her word against his. His story was just as plausible as hers - the prosecution calimed that she made it up as she was already behind on her college work and was on a final warning which is why she was 'encouraged' by friends to report it to prevent her from being expelled. A bit drastic but not impossible.

I felt so sorry for her as she looked devasted but the jury could not send a potentially innocent person to jail especially for an ofence that would have nasty repurcussions. It was made very clear by the judge and even her defence that a decison had to be absolutely 100% certain. The final verct was was 10 Not Guilty (well, 'not proven' would have been more accurate), 1 Guilty and 1 no comment.

Of course, if he was clearly guilty then he could have rotted in jail for all I cared and deserved everything coming to him however, to this day I still have no idea who was telling the truth.

Remy arrested? on 15:52 - May 15 with 1897 viewsA40Bosh

Remy arrested? on 15:39 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

Excellent.

It was partly excellent but then was let down by the comment
"Yet because people believe that everyone's making it up it makes it very difficult to conduct successful prosecutions and hampers women actually coming forward."

That is not what some of us are saying. Take out any emotion of this particular incident for two minutes and consider that either he (they) did it and are guilty, or did not do it (in whatever form that transpires) and are not guilty.

If you state that only 0.5 of rape cases are false claims and therefore there is a 99.5% chance that they are guilty, then why not just bypass the expensive trial process and simple charge and bang them up if their guilty is so probable. We don't obviously because we have to accept, even if we do not believe it likely, that they might not have done it and therefore have to be entitled to a fair trail where hopefully the truth will out and justice be done.

As was pointed out above, being charged is public knowledge, and whilst it is difficult to keep an arrest of someone such as a footballer quiet, the nationals should really not report it and the police should not confirm it until the charge has actually been made.
(IMHO only of course)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Remy arrested? on 15:55 - May 15 with 1881 viewsQPR_John

Remy arrested? on 15:04 - May 15 by BklynRanger

This club's image just gets better and better

Image????? A person the club employs is accused by the police of rape, did the club try to cover it up, did they mislead the police, what did they do to have their image blackened. Just curious.
Remy arrested? on 15:56 - May 15 with 1866 viewssmegma

He's made the front of the todays Standard.
Remy arrested? on 16:04 - May 15 with 1832 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 15:55 - May 15 by QPR_John

Image????? A person the club employs is accused by the police of rape, did the club try to cover it up, did they mislead the police, what did they do to have their image blackened. Just curious.

Come on, it's blackened by association. People will be saying "oh look, it's another QPR player, what is going on there?" All the headlines have 'QPR striker' in them.
Remy arrested? on 16:05 - May 15 with 1828 viewsCiderwithRsie

Remy arrested? on 13:35 - May 15 by QPRDave

The law should be changed anonymous until proven guilty....

If that law applied Stuart Hall would still be on Radio 5. Most of the evidence against him was gathered after he was named as numerous other victims realised that they might actually get listened to and came forward.

I see the point of anonymity in sex cases - though its worth remembering that it doesn't apply in any other crime - but its not as straightforward as some of you seem to think.
Remy arrested? on 16:07 - May 15 with 1819 viewstoboboly

Remy arrested? on 16:04 - May 15 by Northernr

Come on, it's blackened by association. People will be saying "oh look, it's another QPR player, what is going on there?" All the headlines have 'QPR striker' in them.

We need to not do a chelshit on this. Agree regarding the not playing and suspension if charged and fired if jailed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Remy arrested? on 16:10 - May 15 with 1812 viewsA40Bosh

All the headlines have 'QPR striker' in them.

Well, except for those relating to actual goals being scored against opposition!

Remy arrested? on 16:26 - May 15 with 1770 viewsQPR_John

"People will be saying "oh look, it's another QPR player, what is going on there?" "

What is going on there???? Are the club encouraging such behaviour then. Of course people will take this opportunity to further knock the club that is the nature of football most will have their own agenda. I just do not see why our own supporters accept it. I do not see how QPR as a club have done anything wrong maybe others do.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Remy arrested? on 16:28 - May 15 with 1748 viewsElHoop

Well if there's any question of him having done it then he shouldn't play and if he hasn't done it then he's probably not fit to play this weekend anyway. This is the last game so plenty of time to establish the facts. Seems a bit stupid to get into that sort of situation in the first place though, if the scenario described is at least correct.
Remy arrested? on 16:34 - May 15 with 1716 viewsRangersw12

Have the club put out any sort of statement ?

Can't see anything on the official site
Remy arrested? on 16:35 - May 15 with 1694 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sensible thing to do is not play him on sunday. it's one, meaningless game, and he's leaving anyway. don't have to suspend him, just say he 'wasn't considered' for the game.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 16:39 - May 15 with 1668 viewsDesertBoot

Remy arrested? on 16:34 - May 15 by Rangersw12

Have the club put out any sort of statement ?

Can't see anything on the official site

They've said they are aware if the arrest but can't comment.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Remy arrested? on 16:39 - May 15 with 1665 viewsrobith

Remy arrested? on 15:52 - May 15 by A40Bosh

It was partly excellent but then was let down by the comment
"Yet because people believe that everyone's making it up it makes it very difficult to conduct successful prosecutions and hampers women actually coming forward."

That is not what some of us are saying. Take out any emotion of this particular incident for two minutes and consider that either he (they) did it and are guilty, or did not do it (in whatever form that transpires) and are not guilty.

If you state that only 0.5 of rape cases are false claims and therefore there is a 99.5% chance that they are guilty, then why not just bypass the expensive trial process and simple charge and bang them up if their guilty is so probable. We don't obviously because we have to accept, even if we do not believe it likely, that they might not have done it and therefore have to be entitled to a fair trail where hopefully the truth will out and justice be done.

As was pointed out above, being charged is public knowledge, and whilst it is difficult to keep an arrest of someone such as a footballer quiet, the nationals should really not report it and the police should not confirm it until the charge has actually been made.
(IMHO only of course)

Apologies, that was a side point about the wider issues of investigating rape. Due to the over reporting of false accusations often the first question thought isn't "did he do it?" but "is she lying?". Of course guilt still needs to be proven in a fair trial, and it was a side comment, not one directly related to any argument made by a poster
Remy arrested? on 16:42 - May 15 with 1657 viewsBklynRanger

Remy arrested? on 15:55 - May 15 by QPR_John

Come on, John - see the responses to that above.

Our image isn't, of course, the main issue here, but it's never a good thing to be able to google "qpr, rape" and get a few pages of stories all within the last few hours.
Remy arrested? on 16:42 - May 15 with 1657 viewsToast_R

Remy arrested? on 16:35 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

Sensible thing to do is not play him on sunday. it's one, meaningless game, and he's leaving anyway. don't have to suspend him, just say he 'wasn't considered' for the game.

He won't be leaving if this progresses to a Police charge. Who in their right mind would touch him with with a possible jail sentence in the equation?

The only club dumb enough to do something like that are the ones currently employing him....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024