Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) 00:46 - Jul 24 with 2123 viewsFredManRave

Having been reminiscing about our promotion season with posts about it on the Best Chant and Ramsey threads it reminded me of what I personally consider to be the worst ever draw in our history;

Monday 25th of April 2011.

QPR - 1 - 1 Hull

I was back in England to "celebrate" my 40th birthday so had the luck of being able to go to my first game in 2 years ( and is still the last game I went to) which also just happened to be the "promotion party" one of us being crowned champions in our penultimate home game of the season against Hull. Went up to the game on the train from Hastings with my Bro and met up with a few mates before the game. Tried as best we could to drown the nerves prematch but that was almost impossible. An understandably nervous crowd but all was going swimmingly well from as early as the 9th minute when Routledge scored. But for Hull to then go and score with less than 10 minutes to go and subsequently ruin the "promotion party" was just shattering.

There's no way I've ever been so gutted at a draw. I realise that Norwich winning meant we weren't promoted but if we'd have won, their result wouldn't have mattered. I still made in onto the pitch at the final whistle (no roly polys in the center circle) just random jumping around and celebrating and we still went to the C&S after the game for a few but it was all just so depressing to have had that victory and the inevitable party and deserved celebration afterwards taken away from us at such a late stage in the game, a game which was my first in 2 years and the last one in 4 and would have been such a great way to have finished with my birthday celebration and trip back home.

Obviously it all turned out well in the end but that was, without doubt, the most gutted, disappointed, cheated and angry that I've ever felt after a drawn match.

Any others to compete with that?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 01:34 - Jul 24 with 1666 viewsPunteR

Yeh, that was a weird one. Although in the same season was the best ever draw 2-2 against Derby.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 01:51 - Jul 24 with 1654 viewsWeaverQPR

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 01:34 - Jul 24 by PunteR

Yeh, that was a weird one. Although in the same season was the best ever draw 2-2 against Derby.

A season defining result.

@WeavQPR

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 03:12 - Jul 24 with 1627 viewsFredManRave

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 01:34 - Jul 24 by PunteR

This a worst ever draw thread so don't come on here with your best ever draw rubbish. Start your own bloody thread.

Right, so back to worst ever draw related posts...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 03:19 - Jul 24 with 1621 viewsGetMeRangers

Palace at home last Christmas. Seriously one of the worst games I have ever seen
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 04:46 - Jul 24 with 1597 viewsHAYESBOY

Draw at Reading when both teams were relegated from the Prem. Gutless.

A few years back now but a home draw with Brighton when a young Bobby Zamora played for them. Just remember it as a dire game of football.

The late Cantona goal in 96 also comes to mind, with the late equalizer in the 10 mins of Fergie time added on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 05:33 - Jul 24 with 1576 viewsisawqpratwcity

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 04:46 - Jul 24 by HAYESBOY

Draw at Reading when both teams were relegated from the Prem. Gutless.

A few years back now but a home draw with Brighton when a young Bobby Zamora played for them. Just remember it as a dire game of football.

The late Cantona goal in 96 also comes to mind, with the late equalizer in the 10 mins of Fergie time added on.

Got to be that Cantona draw. Couldn't have been more unfair if the ref scored it himself.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 07:41 - Jul 24 with 1505 viewsGetMeRangers

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 05:33 - Jul 24 by isawqpratwcity

Got to be that Cantona draw. Couldn't have been more unfair if the ref scored it himself.

+1. Horrible, horrible day
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 07:43 - Jul 24 with 1503 viewsdavman

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 03:19 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

Palace at home last Christmas. Seriously one of the worst games I have ever seen

Absolutely THIS.

We were awful, but the ONLY saving grace from that game was that PalARSE were worse. On that showing, if they'd stuck with Warnock, they would have finished below us.

But then, as always with that bunch of t0ssers from Sarf London they lucked out with Pardew.

I swear that we are similar clubs with one big difference - they fall into a bucket of manure and come out smelling of roses; we fall into a bucket of tits and come out sucking our thumb. They have got to be the single luckiest team out there.

There was a worse 0-0 with them on the plastic years ago; the ball spent more time over the roof of LR than it did on the floor!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:06 - Jul 24 with 1467 viewsRangersw12

Stockport away late 90's nil nil draw but worst has to be at Coventry around 2006 drew 0-0 midweek and both teams were awful
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:15 - Jul 24 with 1438 viewsJonDoeman

A recent one. Bony's equaliser for Swansea . The moment our season turned to sh1t.

It Is What It Is !!

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:18 - Jul 24 with 1430 viewsHayesender

For me, coming from a family of Arsenal fans, the one that sticks out is the opening game of the 91/92 season at Highbury.

Lovely sunny day, 5000 rangers packed into the clock end, winning 1-0 thanks to a debut Dennis Bailey goal, and then that utter cnt Paul Merson scores the equaliser in the 93rd minute.

Gutted

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:30 - Jul 24 with 1393 viewsthame_hoops

I remember a bad 0-0 with Wimbledon around 1989-90 at home.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:53 - Jul 24 with 1356 viewsMetallica_Hoop

QPR 0 Ipswich 0

Prem 92/3??

ipswich with John f'kin Wark as sweeper lined up with 5 at the back and I remember not a lot happened during the game!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:57 - Jul 24 with 1347 viewsderbyhoop

That 0-0 draw at Reading was the worst Premiership game I've ever seen. 2 teams accepting the inevitable and either unconcerned or incapable of doing anything about it.

I had to look at the programme to confirm it was a Premier League game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 09:00 - Jul 24 with 1340 viewsMrSheen

Shaun Maloney
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 09:10 - Jul 24 with 1321 viewsWilly_WonkR

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 03:19 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

The most amazing thing about this game is that it was about 3rd from last match on Match of the Day.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:22 - Jul 24 with 1271 viewspaulparker

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 08:18 - Jul 24 by Hayesender

For me, coming from a family of Arsenal fans, the one that sticks out is the opening game of the 91/92 season at Highbury.

Lovely sunny day, 5000 rangers packed into the clock end, winning 1-0 thanks to a debut Dennis Bailey goal, and then that utter cnt Paul Merson scores the equaliser in the 93rd minute.

Gutted

Was also there that day Hayes, used to love going to the old highbury

Gerrys 1st game in charge and Arsenal were defending champions
in typical Rangers fashion we were all over them and should have been 3 up before the inevitable last minute equaliser

the cantona game goes without saying, never seen a rangers game where everyone was looking for blood so much , lots of Rangers picking out utd fans for a slap

il throw another one out there , the 00-01 season and we had a slight, slight chance of staying up, we played crewe who I think were down there as well and we decided to take the long trip up on a Tuesday night, again we battered them and went 2 up with crouch and Thomson I think, anyway crouch got sent off for an off the ball and they pegged us back in the last 10 minutes to 2-2 , didn't get back home until 4am and we were pretty much down after that
have always hated crewe since then

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:30 - Jul 24 with 1249 viewsAndyB

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 09:00 - Jul 24 by MrSheen

Shaun Maloney

Yep, that hurt. And you knew it was coming the moment M'bia gave away the free-kick.
Total feckwit.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:38 - Jul 24 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

The worst thing about the OP's game, which I don't think is the worst, but one of the most deflating, certainly, was the pitch invasion at the end, where a load of numpties ran on the pitch celebrating us... not getting promotion.

There were some pretty bad ones in League One. I remember a diabolical 2-2 with Mansfield, that did at least have a great last minute equaliser from Kev, but Curle was player manager for them and he was an absolute git all game. It was a horrible war of attrition against a horrible side.

Man U 1-1 was the worst though, although not the dullest.

Bare bones.

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:46 - Jul 24 with 1222 viewsCamberleyR

Didn't see it, probably not many on here did, but the result which probably cost us the league title in 1976, a draw at rock bottom, soon-to-be-relegated Sheffield United.

In a run of twelve games from late January to mid-April, the only one we didn't sodding win.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 1206 viewsozexile

My dad took me to a game back in 83 or 84. Nil nil at home to Watford and it was bad. My dad kept apologizing on the way home thinking he'd put me off football for life.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 1206 viewsJuzzie

0-0 at Coventry (the Ricoh) on an autumn midweek night some 7-ish years ago. Quite simply one of the dullest games I've have the privilege(!) to watch.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 11:23 - Jul 24 with 1170 viewsdannyblue

How quick we forget!? Home against Wham last season. If we'd won that and gone on we still had a chance of staying up. Instead it was dire 0-0 with Karl Henry at left wing and no urgency at all.

I was so gutted by that opening game at Arsenal. My first away game I think. They were reigning champions and I went to school in North London.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 1145 viewsMichael_Hunt

Peterborough at home 1967 0-0.

Not that the game was that bad, (although we had a habit of beating teams by 5 or more that season), but my first ever home game. After that I just HAD to get to every game that I possibly could and therefore have endured nearly 50 years of mostly abject misery.

Two others spring to mind; Leicester at home (1-1) 1969, our first ever top flight game and Spurs at home (1-1) the same season, bloody Jimmy Greaves scored a "Maradona" with his hand right in front of the loft.
Worst EVER Draw (QPR Related) on 11:36 - Jul 24 with 1140 viewsHantsR

A 0-0 game against Cambridge, for which there were £5 tickets. It was dire!

The most deflating, heart breaking draws ever were those home games v Wigan, Swansea and of course Manure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024