Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Sam sacked by Everton 10:25 - May 16 with 4679 viewsbosh67

Inevitable really. He took them over in 13th position and struggling and they finished 8th. He didn't endear himself to the fans but they were pretty solid, if unspectacular.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:34 - May 16 with 2874 viewsLythamR

So he is available then, suddenly a choice of ex england managers!
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:34 - May 16 with 2872 viewseghamranger

6 million pound pay off too....
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:36 - May 16 with 2857 viewsMaggsinho

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:34 - May 16 by eghamranger

6 million pound pay off too....

Not bad for six months work.
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:37 - May 16 with 2851 viewsstevec

Really hope Everton go down next season. Unlikely, given it's never happened, but I still can't get my head round why they think they're in the same league as the top six, when they're really part of the secondary league of 14.

I won't go over Redknapp again, but there would be a sense of karma if they do end up in a steady freefall and still never seeing the bigger picture of sacking Big Sam.
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:44 - May 16 with 2807 viewssimmo

Big Sam saw them coming a mile off... Players all over the place, leaking goals, a squad with no balance. He came in on the only horse that could cope with his fat arse and did just enough to be better than the bottom half without ever breaking a sweat to go for anything.

Made an absolute fortune in the process. What a guy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:47 - May 16 with 2792 viewsNorthernr

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:44 - May 16 by simmo

Big Sam saw them coming a mile off... Players all over the place, leaking goals, a squad with no balance. He came in on the only horse that could cope with his fat arse and did just enough to be better than the bottom half without ever breaking a sweat to go for anything.

Made an absolute fortune in the process. What a guy.

Yep, quick £6m notes, back to Alicante on the first flight this morning. Didn't even have to try for it, salvaged clubs in far more challenging situations than that. He'll be insisting his wife do him a roast dinner in 35 degrees of heat by the end of the day.
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:59 - May 16 with 2755 viewsKonk

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:47 - May 16 by Northernr

Yep, quick £6m notes, back to Alicante on the first flight this morning. Didn't even have to try for it, salvaged clubs in far more challenging situations than that. He'll be insisting his wife do him a roast dinner in 35 degrees of heat by the end of the day.

It truly is a bonkers business when you can do a sh it job, be hated by the fans and get a £6m payoff after 6 months. And you just know he’ll walk into another job. Must be absolutely pi ssing himself - didn’t he call his Spanish home ‘St James’s’ or something as he bought it with his Newcastle payoff? Horrible knobhead.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:03 - May 16 with 2729 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Took them from a mess in 17th place to eighth and nearly, Europe. All things considered, that ain’t bad!

I believe they were as dull as dishwater to watch, but when your looking at the exit door one minute, anyone would have bitten your hand off for that outcome.

£6m sovs into the bargain! Good luck to him as I assume he didn’t have a gun to their heads...albeit that relegation is a gun of sorts.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:09 - May 16 with 2712 viewsconnell10

With the squad he inherited I could have kept Everton up! The bloke is another conman! At least he can now go back to playing the bulldog on the Churchill adverts! Kunt!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:12 - May 16 with 2685 viewsblacky200

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:03 - May 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Took them from a mess in 17th place to eighth and nearly, Europe. All things considered, that ain’t bad!

I believe they were as dull as dishwater to watch, but when your looking at the exit door one minute, anyone would have bitten your hand off for that outcome.

£6m sovs into the bargain! Good luck to him as I assume he didn’t have a gun to their heads...albeit that relegation is a gun of sorts.

Anyone hiring him and expecting Wenger-esque football has their heads up their a**e and deserve what they get. We all know his teams play dreary, horrible football.
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:14 - May 16 with 2673 viewsdaveB

thats not completely true, he took over the day they beat West Ham 4-0 and moved to 12th in the table, they were never in big danger of going down.

Comical to read the abuse Redknapp gets on here for being a crook but people want to defend Allardyce. The pair of them are no different, even as England manager he was on the look for extra money
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:16 - May 16 with 2651 viewsTonto

he was brought in to make sure they didnt get reelgated. he did what was asked of him, but then the fans started complaingin about the style of football (sod he fact they won a few games, its meant to be entertainment man!) and got him sacked....

sound familiar?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:16 - May 16 with 2648 viewsstevec

Exactly.

Of course, if he'd changed his name to Salvadore Allardici he'd be the bee's bollocks.
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:34 - May 16 with 2568 viewspaulparker

not being funny but want do Everton fans want ?
good football , well they had that with Martinez, he played expansive football and got them to 2 domestic cup semi finals , narrowly losing to both Manchester clubs
then they wanted a winner in koeman , well he was a good appointment and he played the youth lads as well as getting the best of Barkley , he loses lukakau and the DOF buys a load of old sh1t ,hardly his fault
their new owner also seems to have a touch of the TF about him
now sam is a good manager I don't care what anyone thinks of him , he is very good at organising and getting it right at the basic level , the football can be dull but when were Everton the pioneers of Football ? they had over 10 years of Moyes boring us all , before that they flirted with relegation for most of the early premier league days , then it was the dogs of war with joe royal and that was horrible to watch , you have to go back to the kendall glory years of 84, 85, 86 to see the last time they were relevant
Everton are the spurs of the north west
I hope they get Silva and finish 15th

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:34 - May 16 with 2565 viewsRangersDave

Shteeve for Everton?

i mean its all quiet on the Rangers job front, so who knows?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:35 - May 16 with 2558 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:14 - May 16 by daveB

thats not completely true, he took over the day they beat West Ham 4-0 and moved to 12th in the table, they were never in big danger of going down.

Comical to read the abuse Redknapp gets on here for being a crook but people want to defend Allardyce. The pair of them are no different, even as England manager he was on the look for extra money

Was he sacked by Everton for fiscal impropriety? No. So that aspect of his life is irrelevant to the discussion about the reason(s) he’s been moved on.

They brought him in to do a job and all things considered, he’s done it. They might not be attractive on the eye, which seems to be a major reason why he’s gone, but clearly the ‘cloud’ over his head about integrity wasn’t a relevant factor for Everton when they hired him.

If I were an Everton fan, I’d wonder why he was given a contract beyond the end of the season?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:44 - May 16 with 2523 viewsTacticalR

@PlanetHonneywood 'If I were an Everton fan, I’d wonder why he was given a contract beyond the end of the season?'

Because everybody has to pretend that managers are going to be in position for a long time.

Air hostess clique

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:46 - May 16 with 2510 viewsCamberleyR

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 10:37 - May 16 by stevec

Really hope Everton go down next season. Unlikely, given it's never happened, but I still can't get my head round why they think they're in the same league as the top six, when they're really part of the secondary league of 14.

I won't go over Redknapp again, but there would be a sense of karma if they do end up in a steady freefall and still never seeing the bigger picture of sacking Big Sam.

Totally agree that Everton fans are deluded if they think they're equivalent to the top 6, they haven't won a trophy since 1995. It's not as if they are not used to watching dull football neither having watched various David Moyes teams for 11 years.

Also, Everton have actually been relegated twice before; 1929-30 and 1950-51. They've been in the top flight continuously since 1954.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:49 - May 16 with 2501 viewsTacticalR

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:46 - May 16 by CamberleyR

Totally agree that Everton fans are deluded if they think they're equivalent to the top 6, they haven't won a trophy since 1995. It's not as if they are not used to watching dull football neither having watched various David Moyes teams for 11 years.

Also, Everton have actually been relegated twice before; 1929-30 and 1950-51. They've been in the top flight continuously since 1954.

Come and join us. It's lovely down here.

Air hostess clique

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:11 - May 16 with 2410 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 11:44 - May 16 by TacticalR

@PlanetHonneywood 'If I were an Everton fan, I’d wonder why he was given a contract beyond the end of the season?'

Because everybody has to pretend that managers are going to be in position for a long time.

Moyes at Wham! Hughes at Saints and initially Harry at Birmingham were all until the end of the season.

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:12 - May 16 with 2414 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bit unfair to look down on Everton fans. I don't think they 'expect' to be top 6, but they'd like to be, and if they are mid-table they'd like to at least be exciting while they're doing it - especially given the huge sums spent on that team (admittedly not by Allardyce). There's more than enough talent there for the team to be a very decent footballing side and they should certainly not be satisfied with finishing 5 points behind Burnley and 14 from 6th place.

The idea Allardyce was brought in to 'avoid relegation' was something that's been conjured out the ether. They weren't in danger of being relegated. If I was them I wouldn't want Allardyce at the club. Once he might have been able to get exciting stuff out of teams - his Djorkaeff/Okocha vintage was a lot of fun - but not now. Sigurdsson, Lookman, Bolasie, Davies, Rooney, Tosun, Walcott, Bowler - that should be quite an exciting side. But by perpetuating the myth of 'here to avoid relegation' he's absolved himself from turning that lot into something more watchable.

The cry of Everton's fans is no different from any other club. I don't think they're demanding titles or even Champions League football (although a club their size should be creeping into the top 4 every once in a while after a particularly good season) but they're getting charged every higher fees to watch their team who're being paid ever higher salaries and bought for ever bigger money. When your club starts the season spending nearly £100m on players, plus Allardyce then spends nearly £50m more on two more in January, I imagine you might want to see something more entertaining that the utter, utter dross put out by Allardyce most weeks recently. did anyone see that Southampton game? Fk me they were dreadful.

Why are people criticising Everton fans and backing fkn Allardyce? Jesus Christ. This 'fans don't know what they've got' balls really has gone too far.

Bare bones.

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:20 - May 16 with 2368 viewskensalriser

Considering Everton's highest possible finish is 7th and they were 14th when he arrived I don't see how Allardyce did anything other than a decent job.

I woundn't want the guy anywhere near Loftus Rd unless he were taking over at Chelsea but there's no denying he's an effective manager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:34 - May 16 with 2276 viewsted_hendrix

Moyes now gone too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:38 - May 16 with 2252 viewsYorkRanger

Arrogant, overrated and pre-historic.

Still shocked that he always lands new roles so easily....
Big Sam sacked by Everton on 12:40 - May 16 with 2241 viewsMrSheen

I see from an article in the Guardian that Everton are hoping the council will lend them £200m to build their new stadium. Big problems all round if they do and they go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024