Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 18:44 - Jan 6 with 4354 viewssdm1508

Great to see him back. Such a good footballing centre back. Think he would make a good partnership with Leister. Hall is the footballing centre back that Lynch thinks he is.
Grant Hall on 19:37 - Jan 6 with 3271 viewsBlackCrowe

Composed, intelligent, talented. He was very very good today.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Grant Hall on 19:39 - Jan 6 with 3257 viewsFDC

Good to hear. I guess it's just match fitness he needs now? Listening to the comms it's obviously not easy to work out how individuals are playing. His name didn't come up often, other than hin being frustrated with himself for some misplaced passes late on.
Grant Hall on 19:44 - Jan 6 with 3238 viewsWestbourneR

Think Lynch has more than earned his spot

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Grant Hall on 20:49 - Jan 6 with 3064 viewsterryb

I thought he looked way of the pace in the first half.

However, as the game progressed, so did his performance.

It's really good to have him back & it gives us four centre backs before we have to resort to Baptiste.
Grant Hall on 20:53 - Jan 6 with 3029 viewsVancouverHoop

Grant Hall on 19:44 - Jan 6 by WestbourneR

I agree, but he and/or Cameron could well be down the road at the end of the year. Hall looks like a good, and necessary, replacement for either.
Grant Hall on 20:53 - Jan 6 with 3030 viewstoboboly

Grant Hall on 19:44 - Jan 6 by WestbourneR

Hall is twice the player even on one leg.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Grant Hall on 20:54 - Jan 6 with 3022 viewsGloucs_R

Hall, lynch and Baptiste all out of contact in the summer. Who should get a new contract?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Grant Hall on 20:54 - Jan 6 with 3022 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 20:49 - Jan 6 by terryb

It's really good to have him back & it gives us four centre backs before we have to resort to Baptiste.

That's interesting, Terry, thanks.

Only so much we can see on the stream.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 20:55 - Jan 6 with 3016 viewsHunterhoop

I would agree with this. Think a sharp quick forwRd would have run him ragged today.

To be fair, he’s been out for a while. But no way am I having he was “very, very good”. Furlong was far superior and was the one leading the defence, making the calls, etc.

Hall grew into it. Started way off the pace, but got better and finished strongly. Encouraging. Still behind BFG, Furlong, Lynch for centre back for me. And with his contract up, would I re-sign him? No, given his injury record, not unless it was half the money. We’ve paid him for two years not to play. That isn’t part of the model moving forwards. Can only take that punt if what we’re staking is lower. Ball will be in his court.
Grant Hall on 21:01 - Jan 6 with 2985 viewsWatford_Ranger

Furlong is almost wasted at RB. Don’t think he’s all that going forwards and he looks so assured at CB.

When Rangel is back I’d rather Lynch missed out. Perhaps harsh as he’s not done a lot wrong but Furlong is the future and arguably the present.

Also think Kakay will be a player. Maybe needs to ease off the screaming at linesmen.
Grant Hall on 21:10 - Jan 6 with 2947 viewsCiderwithRsie

Grant Hall on 20:54 - Jan 6 by Gloucs_R

Hall, lynch and Baptiste all out of contact in the summer. Who should get a new contract?

Looking at it a bit different: Hall or Cameron next year?
Grant Hall on 21:14 - Jan 6 with 2923 viewseastside_r

Absolutely agree, he looked a little bit ring rusty but exudes class.

I would love to see a sustained run of him and Leistner together at centre back. Beauty and the Beast!
Grant Hall on 23:49 - Jan 6 with 2636 viewsVancouverHoop

Grant Hall on 21:10 - Jan 6 by CiderwithRsie

Looking at it a bit different: Hall or Cameron next year?

Both are out of contract. Depends on the money involved, I guess (and whether we have any.) Cameron's 33 and currently belongs to Stoke, Hall's five years younger and is ours. So Hall might be the easier argument to make.
Grant Hall on 23:59 - Jan 6 with 2602 viewsPunteR

Isnt Halls injury one that he's stuck with for the rest of his career bit like ledley King? I don't think the club can afford to carry a player like that unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 00:08 - Jan 7 with 2567 viewsVancouverHoop

Grant Hall on 23:59 - Jan 6 by PunteR

Isnt Halls injury one that he's stuck with for the rest of his career bit like ledley King? I don't think the club can afford to carry a player like that unfortunately.

I don't rightly know. A cursory search shows he had a foot injury that kept him out when JFH was manager, then a hamstring followed by tendonitis in the knee under IH. I don't know which, if any, are connected.
Grant Hall on 00:24 - Jan 7 with 2538 viewswombat

Grant Hall on 00:08 - Jan 7 by VancouverHoop

I don't rightly know. A cursory search shows he had a foot injury that kept him out when JFH was manager, then a hamstring followed by tendonitis in the knee under IH. I don't know which, if any, are connected.

If I remeber rightly the knee bones connected to the thigh bone but Can’t remeber the rest of the song

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Grant Hall on 00:32 - Jan 7 with 2526 viewsVancouverHoop

Grant Hall on 00:24 - Jan 7 by wombat

If I remeber rightly the knee bones connected to the thigh bone but Can’t remeber the rest of the song

I just knew that was coming!
Grant Hall on 00:56 - Jan 7 with 2500 viewsPapillon

Hall, when fit is the most natural ball playing defender at the club. Showed some glimpses of that today and it was great to see. Just pray he can stay fit.

Furlong at CB reminds of Paul Parker there back in the day. Does a great job at RB too, so that versatility is another bonus. Once Rangel is back and Hall stays fit it'll give McClaren a real headache, but the kind you want.

Hall can player the Cameron role too - another plus. My only concern is the lack of cover at LB. When all are fit I too would like to see Hall given a go alongside BFG...
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 0:57]
Grant Hall on 08:12 - Jan 7 with 2246 viewsTheChef

Grant Hall on 00:08 - Jan 7 by VancouverHoop

Pleased to see that he got a full 90 minutes under his belt yesterday - but if the tendinitis in his knee persists I don't know realistically how much football he can play consistently.

Of course he's a professional footballer who should be getting the best possible medical treatment so maybe the situation won't be as bad in the long run as it might be for us mere mortals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Grant Hall on 08:23 - Jan 7 with 2217 viewsEsox_Lucius

No, he had the knee operated on and the repair was successful (according to GH himself). He said he was looking forward to getting back into the side and keeping his place.

The grass is always greener.

Grant Hall on 08:39 - Jan 7 with 2153 viewsCiderwithRsie

Grant Hall on 23:49 - Jan 6 by VancouverHoop

Both are out of contract. Depends on the money involved, I guess (and whether we have any.) Cameron's 33 and currently belongs to Stoke, Hall's five years younger and is ours. So Hall might be the easier argument to make.

That's my thinking too.
Grant Hall on 08:41 - Jan 7 with 2151 viewsYorkRanger

I think the advantage we have with Hall is that (sadly for him) his injury record will probably not make him hugely attractive to other clubs. On the right sort of pay structure to reflect his recent injury history I think his will be a contract worth renewing.
Grant Hall on 09:15 - Jan 7 with 2091 viewsRblockPrior

For me Hall has a lot to do to replace Lynch who I think has struck up a great partnership with BFG, with Hall I feel his confidence is pretty low which I assume can only be down to not playing much and being injured for so long

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Grant Hall on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 1926 viewsPunteR

Grant Hall on 08:41 - Jan 7 by YorkRanger

I think the advantage we have with Hall is that (sadly for him) his injury record will probably not make him hugely attractive to other clubs. On the right sort of pay structure to reflect his recent injury history I think his will be a contract worth renewing.

I dunno mate, the fact he wont be attractive to other clubs because of his injury record would be a concern. Thats the clue there. His injury record is pretty bad.
As Esox tells me though he's had an op now which should sort it so maybe a years contract on a lower wage is an option. I definitely cant see a reason to drop Lynch for him.
Lynch has been ok this season and popped up with a couple of goals.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 11:25 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewsYorkRanger

Grant Hall on 11:21 - Jan 7 by PunteR

I dunno mate, the fact he wont be attractive to other clubs because of his injury record would be a concern. Thats the clue there. His injury record is pretty bad.
As Esox tells me though he's had an op now which should sort it so maybe a years contract on a lower wage is an option. I definitely cant see a reason to drop Lynch for him.
Lynch has been ok this season and popped up with a couple of goals.

I do agree that Lynch's place should not be subject to challenge as things stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024