Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Rashford 09:03 - Jun 15 with 5954 viewsflynnbo

What a thoroughly decent young man. That's all.
Marcus Rashford on 09:46 - Jun 15 with 3619 viewsKonk

Seems like a really good egg. Lovely to see.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Marcus Rashford on 10:26 - Jun 15 with 3559 views1MoreBrightonR

Just read the open letter and agree. No real benefit to him in his recent actions and from someone his age, its refreshing to see.
Marcus Rashford on 11:41 - Jun 15 with 3419 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Prior to yesterday’s walloping against Chelsea, I’d say he would struggle to make our starting XI and would be a luxury buy.

Now, definitely makes the bench and gives us options if we need to bring him on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Marcus Rashford on 12:16 - Jun 15 with 3360 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/15/protect-the-vulnerable-marcus-r

Hugely admirable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marcus Rashford on 12:31 - Jun 15 with 3329 viewsMonahoop

I have long admired Rashford both as a person and as a player. His type are rare in high profile sporting circles where most seem to only think about themselves. I don't care what club he plays for, his intention and purpose here are very honourable. Good on him.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Marcus Rashford on 14:56 - Jun 15 with 3187 viewsrsonist

Marcus Rashford on 15:50 - Jun 15 with 3111 viewskensalriser

PM's just told him to FRO.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marcus Rashford on 15:50 - Jun 15 with 3110 viewswestberksr

saw it on the news and pleasantly surprised what a thoughtful and considerate kid he is; apparently even had to join Manyoo youth programme a year early (11) to ensure he was provided for as his mum was a struggling single mother.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Rashford on 19:56 - Jun 15 with 2953 viewsThe_Beast1976

Very down to earth young man. Complete opposite of some of the others that 'make it'
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 20:38]
Marcus Rashford on 20:39 - Jun 15 with 2879 viewsbosh67

Rashford is a good lad and a humble, grounded one at that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marcus Rashford on 23:57 - Jun 15 with 2749 viewskarl

Marcus Rashford on 20:39 - Jun 15 by bosh67

Rashford is a good lad and a humble, grounded one at that.

Too true, football needs to highlight more of this type of person.
Well done to the young lad, I'm sure it's not easy laying your life out like he has and the easy option is stay quiet instead of potentially opening his family up to some ridicule (I know it wouldn't be extreme but it has an embarrassment factor admitting to being poor). Shows the trust he has in his family that he has been brought up well to judge this situation correctly.
I'm not crediting them with shaping him completely but Man Utd have obviously been a big part in his development and must be congratulated too, hopefully they can help him with his charitable work and to achieve his goals.
I hope he goes on to play at the top of his game for a long time to come and whether it's for Man Utd or England I won't care how successful he is, that's the type of lad who I won't begrudge whatever comes his way, there's very few I will say that about nowadays
Marcus Rashford on 07:01 - Jun 16 with 2640 viewsdistortR

Marcus Rashford on 23:57 - Jun 15 by karl

Well done to the young lad, I'm sure it's not easy laying your life out like he has and the easy option is stay quiet instead of potentially opening his family up to some ridicule (I know it wouldn't be extreme but it has an embarrassment factor admitting to being poor). Shows the trust he has in his family that he has been brought up well to judge this situation correctly.
I'm not crediting them with shaping him completely but Man Utd have obviously been a big part in his development and must be congratulated too, hopefully they can help him with his charitable work and to achieve his goals.
I hope he goes on to play at the top of his game for a long time to come and whether it's for Man Utd or England I won't care how successful he is, that's the type of lad who I won't begrudge whatever comes his way, there's very few I will say that about nowadays

You're right mate, it's so good to see a young man remember where he came from.
Which brings us neatly to kieron tierney......................
Marcus Rashford on 08:02 - Jun 16 with 2592 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marcus Rashford on 23:57 - Jun 15 by karl

Great post, Karl.

Marcus Rashford on 09:43 - Jun 16 with 2483 viewsderbyhoop

He's not letting go of this. His proposal to continue food vouchers over the Summer holidays is being debated in Parliament today. It's obviously something close to his heart and I can only wish him luck and hope that others don't have to endure the poverty that he had to before he made it in his profession.

Good luck, Marcus.

I'll forgive him for scoring the penalty that put our U18s out of the FA Youth Cup a few years ago.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Marcus Rashford on 13:01 - Jun 16 with 2392 viewsNorthernr

He's won as well. Government announces u-turn.
Well done Marcus.
Marcus Rashford on 13:06 - Jun 16 with 2364 views2Thomas2Bowles

Marcus Rashford on 13:01 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Well done Marcus.

Yeah just seen that, good news for the kids.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Marcus Rashford on 13:07 - Jun 16 with 2367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marcus Rashford on 13:01 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Well done Marcus.

Quality. Inspiring stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53065806

Marcus Rashford on 13:11 - Jun 16 with 2348 viewsflynnbo

Coffey to go?
Marcus Rashford on 13:26 - Jun 16 with 2306 viewskensalriser

Wow, that's a tremendous result and an enormous credit to Rashford.

It's incredible how often this government has made a wrong call and then been pulled in the right direction by public campaigning.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marcus Rashford on 13:48 - Jun 16 with 2266 viewsplasmahoop

Marcus Rashford on 13:26 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

Wow, that's a tremendous result and an enormous credit to Rashford.

It's incredible how often this government has made a wrong call and then been pulled in the right direction by public campaigning.

You're right, it is. I'm not saying it's wrong, and it's 'only' another 120 million, but at some point there's going to be some grim austerity.
Marcus Rashford on 13:53 - Jun 16 with 2234 views2Thomas2Bowles

Marcus Rashford on 13:48 - Jun 16 by plasmahoop

You're right, it is. I'm not saying it's wrong, and it's 'only' another 120 million, but at some point there's going to be some grim austerity.

Cost less than some footballers.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Marcus Rashford on 14:00 - Jun 16 with 2212 viewsplasmahoop

Marcus Rashford on 13:53 - Jun 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Cost less than some footballers.

Indeed so. In the general scheme of things, not that much. It just adds to the impression that the government has no idea how things look, and that they cave at any pressure. They are going to have to show a bit more resolve in the future, but it would be best to get things right in thd first place. Useless
Marcus Rashford on 14:28 - Jun 16 with 2162 viewsted_hendrix

He's obviously a good and thoughtful lad with his head in the right place.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Marcus Rashford on 14:56 - Jun 16 with 2128 viewsqprd

Much respect to the young fella.

Well done for the outcome and also for educating people like me who were not aware of the extent of the problem.
Marcus Rashford on 15:07 - Jun 16 with 2084 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marcus Rashford on 13:48 - Jun 16 by plasmahoop

£120m is a tiny % of the UK’s GDP and will deliver later down the line when healthy children turn into healthy adults who will contribute to the economy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024