Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mide Shodipo 13:30 - Apr 12 with 6442 viewsdmm

As thoughts are turning to next season, do we think Shodipo should be given a squad place? His contract runs to 2022 and he'll be 24 when the next season starts. His time at Oxford seems gone well with 10 goals scored in league and cup games, although it seems he's frequently subbed.

I think it could go either way. To give the lad a final chance to stake a claim at QPR might bring the best out of him. However, would using one of the 25 squad places on a fringe player be a wise thing to do?

I've never been 100% convinced by Shodipo and would probably allow him to leave. I'm sure Oxford would like to sign him permenantly.
Mide Shodipo on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 3651 viewskensalriser

Others who watch football with a far more analytical eye will have more valid opinions than mine, so I'll just point to the evidence: in August it will be five years since his QPR first team debut, since when he's made 27 appearances (many as sub, I don't know the exact number). A succession of managers clearly haven't fancied him and he's now 24. What's going to change?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 15:43]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mide Shodipo on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 3606 viewsted_hendrix

By coincidence on the odd occasion I've been reading up on Oxford United's results as I live local and I had a brief peep this morning to see how he got on-on Saturday.

Cant say that he's been tearing up any trees from what I've read over the Months, FWIW this is his clubs rating for Saturdays game just gone.

Mide Shodipo (for Barker, 61)

Saw less of the ball than Agyei on the right - 6

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mide Shodipo on 13:53 - Apr 12 with 3577 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mide Shodipo on 13:40 - Apr 12 by kensalriser

Others who watch football with a far more analytical eye will have more valid opinions than mine, so I'll just point to the evidence: in August it will be five years since his QPR first team debut, since when he's made 27 appearances (many as sub, I don't know the exact number). A succession of managers clearly haven't fancied him and he's now 24. What's going to change?

I'm struggling with this one too so I'm inclined to go with KR. Consistency is key in the championship and Shodipo has failed to make inroads at a club that in recent years has really given youth a chance, promoting the likes of Manning, BOS, Eze, Chair, Kakay, Willock, Bettache and Kelman. That being said, I'd take great pleasure from Mide proving me wrong.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 13:53]
Mide Shodipo on 14:01 - Apr 12 with 3537 viewsbosh67

Mide Shodipo on 13:53 - Apr 12 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm struggling with this one too so I'm inclined to go with KR. Consistency is key in the championship and Shodipo has failed to make inroads at a club that in recent years has really given youth a chance, promoting the likes of Manning, BOS, Eze, Chair, Kakay, Willock, Bettache and Kelman. That being said, I'd take great pleasure from Mide proving me wrong.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 13:53]

All I would say is that different players develop at different rates. Sir Les was a classic late developer, as was Jamie Vardy. I am hopeful that Mide will come back and make it next season. 28 appearances for Oxford and 9 goals as a winger is pretty good. He's a more powerful stronger unit now as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mide Shodipo on 14:14 - Apr 12 with 3497 viewssprocket

He's not consistently starting and given the clubs position (just outside playoffs) and his goal scoring record (pretty good) you have to wonder why he isn't an automatic pick? Must be something not quite right and/or just not consistently good enough and at that level you have to wonder if perhaps he's just found his level
Mide Shodipo on 14:14 - Apr 12 with 3486 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mide Shodipo on 14:01 - Apr 12 by bosh67

All I would say is that different players develop at different rates. Sir Les was a classic late developer, as was Jamie Vardy. I am hopeful that Mide will come back and make it next season. 28 appearances for Oxford and 9 goals as a winger is pretty good. He's a more powerful stronger unit now as well.

Whilst I admire the optimism, late developers like Les and Jamie are the exception rather than the rule. Next season will be key to Mide's future at QPR as his contract expires in 2022. The club do have an option to extend beyond this but it is not in a position to throw contracts around like confetti so Mide needs to step up. Moreover, I'm not sure where Mide fits into MW's preferred formation. He's not a wing back and out-and-out wingers like Adomah are being reduced to substitute appearances despite good performances. That being said, Adomah is not getting any younger so Mide could in theory be a like-for-like replacement and offer MW tactical flexibility.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:16]
Mide Shodipo on 14:20 - Apr 12 with 3451 viewsLongsufferingR

Obviously very talented but I'm sure the powers that be at the club will have watched every minute of his games at Oxford and had full reports from the staff there. In the absence of any informed insider facts from Russian Bot, I'm happy to accept the decision they make as a result.
Mide Shodipo on 14:27 - Apr 12 with 3429 viewskarl

I haven't seen much of him but when he played in the end of season games last year I thought he gave us a reasonable shape and we played better when he was on the pitch. Unfortunately it was a low bar as we were generally poor in those matches.
Having switched to the wing back formation his adaptability to that and ability to defend will be key, if he can be a reliable defender then it could be a good situation for him since we have to assume his attacking side of the game will be better than Kakay and Kane?
Albert obviously can't get up and down the pitch enough to get in the team ahead of them but possibly Shodipo can?
Login to get fewer ads

Mide Shodipo on 14:34 - Apr 12 with 3402 viewsfrancisbowles

Mide Shodipo on 14:01 - Apr 12 by bosh67

Almost certainly not going to be a 90 minute player in the Championship. Of 34 league appearances he has only played the 90 on five occasions. this could be partly because Oxford are fairly useful and have other decent players to call on. A bit like Chair at Stevenage, some of those goals just wouldn't be scored at a higher level.

Could he be a useful player of the bench? Possibly. Depends on who else we have next season. I can see him going on loan again until at least January.
Mide Shodipo on 15:27 - Apr 12 with 3304 viewsmonners1969

For me he's never quite made it at QPR due to a couple of things - Injuries (was pretty prone) and Chair Eze and BOS in squad.

I'm actually looking forwards to getting him back with a full season under his belt. If a 24 year old winger in Lg1 has §0 goals to his name we'd probably be looking at them - the difference is we own this one!

He gives us some pace to back up willock and provides Warbs with some great flexibility in the squad. I've watched quite a bit of him this year and some of his goals have been top drawer but more importantly he's grown in confidence to take men on

Very much an option in the forward 3 next season

A lot will depend on Warbs outlook and any players we lose over summer...
Mide Shodipo on 14:56 - Apr 15 with 2765 viewslosethedrum

Mide Shodipo on 15:27 - Apr 12 by monners1969

For me he's never quite made it at QPR due to a couple of things - Injuries (was pretty prone) and Chair Eze and BOS in squad.

I'm actually looking forwards to getting him back with a full season under his belt. If a 24 year old winger in Lg1 has §0 goals to his name we'd probably be looking at them - the difference is we own this one!

He gives us some pace to back up willock and provides Warbs with some great flexibility in the squad. I've watched quite a bit of him this year and some of his goals have been top drawer but more importantly he's grown in confidence to take men on

Very much an option in the forward 3 next season

A lot will depend on Warbs outlook and any players we lose over summer...

I am also looking forwards to having him back , any player with an eye for goal would have been very useful in the first part of the season when we often scored nil .
He will now have served his apprenticeship & brings pace with his game , also after the first break in last season he looked the fittest player on the pitch so had clearly been working hard to achieve that .
Mide Shodipo on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 2656 viewsstevec

As he’s been with us for so many years with only a handful of appearances, I’d like to see him given a lucrative four year contract.
Mide Shodipo on 16:30 - Apr 15 with 2592 viewssprocket

He needs to call Niko's agent
Mide Shodipo on 17:44 - Apr 15 with 2495 viewshantssi

Mide Shodipo on 15:56 - Apr 15 by stevec

As he’s been with us for so many years with only a handful of appearances, I’d like to see him given a lucrative four year contract.

I don’t think too many of our squad especially fringe players will have particularly lucrative contracts.
Mide Shodipo on 17:56 - Apr 15 with 2482 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 17:44 - Apr 15 by hantssi

I don’t think too many of our squad especially fringe players will have particularly lucrative contracts.

Define lucrative
Mide Shodipo on 18:11 - Apr 15 with 2442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mide Shodipo on 15:56 - Apr 15 by stevec

Made me chuckle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mide Shodipo on 19:10 - Apr 15 with 2355 viewshantssi

Mide Shodipo on 17:56 - Apr 15 by gazza1

Define lucrative

I can’t as I have no idea of how much he’s paid (like everybody else on here) but I’m guessing by Championship standards what we offer isn't particularly lucrative bearing in mind how many players we offer contracts to who choose to ply their trade elsewhere.
Mide Shodipo on 19:47 - Apr 15 with 2292 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 19:10 - Apr 15 by hantssi

I can’t as I have no idea of how much he’s paid (like everybody else on here) but I’m guessing by Championship standards what we offer isn't particularly lucrative bearing in mind how many players we offer contracts to who choose to ply their trade elsewhere.

Define lucrative, I have no clue what it is so perhaps, as you use the word, you know what a lucrative wage is......£5k per week, 5k per month, 100k pa???
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 19:49]
Mide Shodipo on 21:31 - Apr 15 with 2152 viewshantssi

Mide Shodipo on 19:47 - Apr 15 by gazza1

Define lucrative, I have no clue what it is so perhaps, as you use the word, you know what a lucrative wage is......£5k per week, 5k per month, 100k pa???
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 19:49]

Chalk and cheese, it we’re talking about lucrative Championship salaries and the average working mans salary.
I’d agree it is very lucrative earning £5K a week for most of us (I could rub by on that!) but that’s not particularly lucrative for a professional footballer plying his trade in the Championship.
Mide Shodipo on 22:08 - Apr 15 with 2087 viewsNorthantsHoop

I thought he was going to be a great prospect when I first saw him play in a pre-season friendly at Northampton Town just before 2016/17 season. Unfortunately due to injury and change of managers, plus he got rather forgotten about when Holloway bought BOS, similar attacking wing player. He did look a little lightweight at Championship level back end of last season, when Warburton gave him a couple of starts, or he came on as a sub. Wing back is an option, but to be honest do wonder whether his situation is similar to Paul Smyth. They both probably don't fit into Warbs plans and are being loaned out to find potential buyers, probably at League 1 level.
Mide Shodipo on 22:10 - Apr 15 with 2084 viewsMyke

Mide Shodipo on 13:40 - Apr 12 by kensalriser

His fitness.For the first time in years he is having an injury free run. We have seen at first hand with Wallace, the difference that being fully fit can make. My position on Shodipo is well documented on previous threads. I like him; he is fast,direct hasa great delivery and likes to hug the line. With Willock playing more inside (which he always had a tendency to do, even when playing as a winger) there is room for Shodipo as an impact sub next season when teams are tiring. If he stays fit, he is championship standard, if not for us, then for someone else. We have invested so much time (and no little money) over the last few years, it seems illogical to cut him loose, just when he is finding fitness and form. At the very least keep him until Christmas and see how next season pans out for him
Mide Shodipo on 08:30 - Apr 16 with 1904 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 22:10 - Apr 15 by Myke

His fitness.For the first time in years he is having an injury free run. We have seen at first hand with Wallace, the difference that being fully fit can make. My position on Shodipo is well documented on previous threads. I like him; he is fast,direct hasa great delivery and likes to hug the line. With Willock playing more inside (which he always had a tendency to do, even when playing as a winger) there is room for Shodipo as an impact sub next season when teams are tiring. If he stays fit, he is championship standard, if not for us, then for someone else. We have invested so much time (and no little money) over the last few years, it seems illogical to cut him loose, just when he is finding fitness and form. At the very least keep him until Christmas and see how next season pans out for him

I really don't know where this 'good stuff' that he has done for us comes from!!! If it is the case then why have we loaned him out???

People talk about his fitness, if it is not good now and that is why many people want to give him another go here why do people think it is going to get any better??

People say how wonderful he is doing at Oxford, in Div1, but he is frequently subbed, often not in the starting 11 - surely if he was that good at such a tender age (apparently) why is he not playing for 90 minutes, for every game?? Impact sub - really!!!...lets keep a player as an 'impact sub - madness!!!

Money, don't get me started....how the fxxx do people know what he has actually costed us over the past 10 years?? Answer - they don't know. See my post to Hants above!!

Stop wasting my money on 'dead wood' because that is what he is to QPR , go and sign someone else and see if that player can make it.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 8:33]
Mide Shodipo on 08:51 - Apr 16 with 1881 viewsMyke

Mide Shodipo on 08:30 - Apr 16 by gazza1

I really don't know where this 'good stuff' that he has done for us comes from!!! If it is the case then why have we loaned him out???

People talk about his fitness, if it is not good now and that is why many people want to give him another go here why do people think it is going to get any better??

People say how wonderful he is doing at Oxford, in Div1, but he is frequently subbed, often not in the starting 11 - surely if he was that good at such a tender age (apparently) why is he not playing for 90 minutes, for every game?? Impact sub - really!!!...lets keep a player as an 'impact sub - madness!!!

Money, don't get me started....how the fxxx do people know what he has actually costed us over the past 10 years?? Answer - they don't know. See my post to Hants above!!

Stop wasting my money on 'dead wood' because that is what he is to QPR , go and sign someone else and see if that player can make it.

Strange (but not unusual) post from you Gazza. Not sure why you referenced my post for this when you didn't address the points I made and invented ones that I hadn't
Mide Shodipo on 09:29 - Apr 16 with 1801 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 08:30 - Apr 16 by gazza1

Just curious, you are pretty critical about several of our players - from Dykes to Willock to Shodipo. Who out of our current squad do you actually rate?
Mide Shodipo on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 1758 viewsBAWHoops

Unless he is going to be converted to a right wing back (and his crossing isn't good enough I think to do that) I don't see him getting in the side.
Willock, Chair, Thomas, Adomah all ahead of him to play in the 2 behind a central striker and we don't play with out and out wingers anymore

He appears to have found his level at League 1 and if we can get £100k for him then it's probably not the worst piece of business in the world

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024