Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets selling well 12:45 - Jun 6 with 18022 viewsDieByYourSide

4,000 sold already, more by this stage than when we were in the Premier League! Anyone know how many we had last year? Would've guessed in the 7-8,000 range...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Season tickets selling well on 12:54 - Jun 6 with 8057 viewsRangersw12

Excellent news

I know loads who have got new ST this year. I think the 2nd half of the season really helped and everyone is buzzing for the season

Will be typical Rangers to lose the first 5 now
Season tickets selling well on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 7909 viewsMrSheen

I presume this is existing holders buying additional tickets this season. No open sale to lapsed holders like me who want to buy back in for the foreseeable.
Season tickets selling well on 14:01 - Jun 6 with 7903 viewsdavman

This should put our finances into some form of perspective to those who don't get the big picture here. 4000 ST (around a quarter of the capacity) for the whole season brings in 4000 x 350 (av price?) = £1.4m. Take away the tax man's cut and that'll be around £1m.

For a quarter of the ground over the course of the season.

.... Or around a two year contract for Charlie Austin.

Thank God for our "inept" board. Yep, they royally screwed our (and their own) chance to elbow our way into the elite and, until Hoos and Ferdinand, had the recruitment skills of an amoeba, but without them now...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Season tickets selling well on 14:23 - Jun 6 with 7857 viewsDieByYourSide

Season tickets selling well on 13:51 - Jun 6 by MrSheen

I presume this is existing holders buying additional tickets this season. No open sale to lapsed holders like me who want to buy back in for the foreseeable.

Nope, you should be able to do. That's what I did a few weeks back.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Season tickets selling well on 14:57 - Jun 6 with 7772 viewsStanmiguel

That's good news. I know a few people that are hesitant but I've persuaded them. After all, even if things go pear shaped and we cannot attend, we'll still have the streams or the offer of a refund. It's vital for us to really get behind the club.
Season tickets selling well on 15:06 - Jun 6 with 7723 viewsMrSheen

Season tickets selling well on 14:23 - Jun 6 by DieByYourSide

Nope, you should be able to do. That's what I did a few weeks back.

Woohoo! Just bought my first season tickets since the golden age of Paulo Sousa!
Season tickets selling well on 15:57 - Jun 6 with 7621 viewsNorthernr

Season tickets selling well on 14:01 - Jun 6 by davman

This should put our finances into some form of perspective to those who don't get the big picture here. 4000 ST (around a quarter of the capacity) for the whole season brings in 4000 x 350 (av price?) = £1.4m. Take away the tax man's cut and that'll be around £1m.

Thank God for our "inept" board. Yep, they royally screwed our (and their own) chance to elbow our way into the elite and, until Hoos and Ferdinand, had the recruitment skills of an amoeba, but without them now...

Yeh I think from memory last time we had a full season of crowds the income from ticket sales, which I presume included hospitality as well though I'm not sure, was around the £5.4m mark, and our wage bill was four times that. Sign a fcking striker etc etc.
Season tickets selling well on 16:34 - Jun 6 with 7487 viewsEalingHoop81

Doubt we are paying very much corporation tax, we’ve been loss making since the early 90s....like most football clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets selling well on 16:42 - Jun 6 with 7460 viewsterryb

Season tickets selling well on 16:34 - Jun 6 by EalingHoop81

Doubt we are paying very much corporation tax, we’ve been loss making since the early 90s....like most football clubs.

Yes, but we would have to be passing the 20% VAT on to HMRC.

That would reduce £1.4 million income to £1.17 million.
Season tickets selling well on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 7398 viewsstevec

Season tickets selling well on 15:57 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Yeh I think from memory last time we had a full season of crowds the income from ticket sales, which I presume included hospitality as well though I'm not sure, was around the £5.4m mark, and our wage bill was four times that. Sign a fcking striker etc etc.

Seeing as championship club owners knocked back any notion of a wage cap, I’m not sure they’ve got a leg to stand on when it comes to having a pop at fans for wanting to sign another striker.

Until they do owners are effectively sanctioning a free for all. Afraid your argument is dead in the water unless their mindset changes.
Season tickets selling well on 17:20 - Jun 6 with 7337 viewsPinnerPaul

Season tickets selling well on 16:34 - Jun 6 by EalingHoop81

VAT - at £1.4M, that's £1.116M net.
Season tickets selling well on 17:20 - Jun 6 with 7334 viewsPinnerPaul

Season tickets selling well on 16:42 - Jun 6 by terryb

Yes, but we would have to be passing the 20% VAT on to HMRC.

That would reduce £1.4 million income to £1.17 million.

I really MUST read whole threads before replying!

Sorry mate!
Season tickets selling well on 17:47 - Jun 6 with 7270 viewsEalingHoop81

Season tickets selling well on 17:20 - Jun 6 by PinnerPaul

I really MUST read whole threads before replying!

Sorry mate!

Aware of the VAT. Just that we wouldn’t be paying £400k on £1.4m. Doesn’t change the very valid point made by Davman about our finances etc
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 17:49]
Season tickets selling well on 18:02 - Jun 6 with 7212 viewsdistortR

while I agree with the points you make, it's worth remembering that the state of finances in football isn't our fault.
Season tickets selling well on 18:28 - Jun 6 with 7133 viewsNorthernr

Season tickets selling well on 16:58 - Jun 6 by stevec

Seeing as championship club owners knocked back any notion of a wage cap, I’m not sure they’ve got a leg to stand on when it comes to having a pop at fans for wanting to sign another striker.

Until they do owners are effectively sanctioning a free for all. Afraid your argument is dead in the water unless their mindset changes.

Speaking of dead in the water arguments, they imposed a salary cap on Lg 1 and 2, were immediately taken to court for it and lost.
Season tickets selling well on 18:42 - Jun 6 with 7092 viewsdistortR

Season tickets selling well on 18:28 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Speaking of dead in the water arguments, they imposed a salary cap on Lg 1 and 2, were immediately taken to court for it and lost.

not by the fans though, which is surely the point?
football has been eating itself for decades now.
Season tickets selling well on 23:49 - Jun 6 with 6696 viewsCroydonCaptJack

No tax on a loss though mate. Small mercy I know.

Edit, just seen the replies.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 0:08]
Season tickets selling well on 23:50 - Jun 6 with 6694 viewsstowmarketrange

Season tickets selling well on 18:42 - Jun 6 by distortR

not by the fans though, which is surely the point?
football has been eating itself for decades now.

I don’t know how a salary cap could work in a league with promotion and relegation.How would the parachute payments be paid if it caused a team to go over its budget?And how would a relegated team deal with players that they couldn’t move on,or pay if they stayed?
Season tickets selling well on 07:46 - Jun 7 with 6476 viewsdistortR

Season tickets selling well on 23:50 - Jun 6 by stowmarketrange

I don’t know how a salary cap could work in a league with promotion and relegation.How would the parachute payments be paid if it caused a team to go over its budget?And how would a relegated team deal with players that they couldn’t move on,or pay if they stayed?

It'd have to be written into the player's contract, something that happens regularly, anyway.
Essentially, an element of all player's contracts would be performance related, no bad thing.
Happy to take the pay rise if they get promoted, I'd imagine!
Season tickets selling well on 11:01 - Jun 7 with 6278 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yes, it's good that they continue to put money into the club but they shouldn't be exempt from criticism as it was their incompetence (as you acknowledge) that squandered the opportunity to move the club to a more sustainable basis in the first place. Their charity towards us is ultimately a form of CSR for the bad stuff.

Just because someone is in charge, it doesn't mean they're necessarily right. For example, Hoos's intransigence about the Loft - without doubt, we have lost a competitive advantage by making it a family section, which could be worth several vital points at the end of a season.

Crucially, if the council don't want us in the borough, then we need to move on ASAP - we need a new ground that is sustainable and the longer we stay where we are, the longer we will need the owners to put their money in.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 11:03]
Season tickets selling well on 14:22 - Jun 7 with 5982 viewsstowmarketrange

Three more renewed here today.Unfortunately I had to pay the full adult price again so if we don’t win 4-0 every week I’ll be banging on the box office doors at fulltime.
Come on you R’sssssssssss.
Season tickets selling well on 15:18 - Jun 7 with 5807 viewsHayesender

Bought my first season ticket in 8 years. Really looking forward to getting back into Loftus rd fingers crossed

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Season tickets selling well on 17:00 - Jun 7 with 5636 viewsjoe90

Just renewed, but have no idea how many games I'll make. Knowing my luck this will be the best season ever and I'l only make the cup games and Forest away, haha.
Season tickets selling well on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 5269 viewsGloryHunter

I renewed by phone as a non-digital ST. Gavin in the box office very helpful - said they're not quite sure how it's going to work, but he suspects either a new card issue, or maybe even re-use the existing cards. Announcement about this some time mid July.
Season tickets selling well on 14:57 - Jun 8 with 5059 viewsPinnerPaul

Season tickets selling well on 09:42 - Jun 8 by GloryHunter

I renewed by phone as a non-digital ST. Gavin in the box office very helpful - said they're not quite sure how it's going to work, but he suspects either a new card issue, or maybe even re-use the existing cards. Announcement about this some time mid July.

Yep - pretty much as I suspected (see above!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024