Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar 07:50 - Aug 9 with 3019 viewskingsburyR

Ticked all the boxes for the first game back.

Asked the box office to send me a paper ticket so no access dramas - Tick

Got the ground early to avoid rush (2.15pm) - Tick

BUT.......................................

The Blue and White bar was an absolute disgrace.

30 min queue to be told that they now sell lager in cans. £4.50 for a can of Carlsberg!!!

Jesus Christ - the bar staff were clueless (forgot to give two lads in front of me their change, poured the lager from can to plastic glass like it was a valuable commodity), the lager crap and the temperature was that of a small Fijian island.

Can we not have the choice of at least one other not so sh1te beer?

Ill leave it next time!

KR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 07:59 - Aug 9 with 2955 views80s__boy

With more pubs closing in the surrounding area its a great opportunity for the club to make more revenue through alcohol sales at the ground.

If only the Blue and White bar had been open for more than 25 years and they had ample feedback about what fans love and dislike about it to improve the 'experience'...
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 08:03 - Aug 9 with 2935 viewsKensal_Ranger

Completely agree. The Blue & White bar was just hard work on Saturday, but with pubs closing (or not yet open) around the Bush there wasn't a lot of options available. Most of the staff, apart from one Angel who could can work that bar with her eyes shut and one other with potential, were I have to say it, gormless.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 08:11 - Aug 9 with 2887 viewsjeffranger

Totally agree, it was a total disgrace & waiting over 30mins to get a pint, barman had no idea how to pull a pint & messing up change, tried to charge me for 3 pints & only ordered 2, the bloke in front of me got his pint & just walked away without paying, got to be sorted & employing foreign bods as cheap labour
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 08:27 - Aug 9 with 2826 viewsSuperhoop83

It is astonishing that with a captive audience of thousands the club chooses to sell the most piss poor lager available on Earth - and to start selling it in cans is just incredible.

Do Carlsberg have compromising pictures of someone at QPR? It's the only rational explanation.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 10:06]

Suffering since 1978.

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 2694 viewstoboboly

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 08:27 - Aug 9 by Superhoop83

It is astonishing that with a captive audience of thousands the club chooses to sell the most piss poor lager available on Earth - and to start selling it in cans is just incredible.

Do Carlsberg have compromising pictures of someone at QPR? It's the only rational explanation.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 10:06]

What is even stranger is that pre-covid they had actually got their act together - proper queuing, pint pouring, lots of staff and quick cash/card payments meant you actually had a chance of seeing the start of the second half.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:51 - Aug 9 with 2632 viewsjoe90

Never understood why anyone bothers getting a drink at half time. Always see people leaving their seats early to get a crap drink. Can you not wait until after the game for a pint or are people so desperate for a drink they're willing to wait ages for an overpriced can of nasty lager.

I've found that mid-week games with about 11k fans is when things run the smoothest. Most issues at Loftus Road tend be busy Saturday games. Although the ground can hold around 18k it does seem sketch the staff when it's busy.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:54 - Aug 9 with 2612 views80s__boy

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:51 - Aug 9 by joe90

Never understood why anyone bothers getting a drink at half time. Always see people leaving their seats early to get a crap drink. Can you not wait until after the game for a pint or are people so desperate for a drink they're willing to wait ages for an overpriced can of nasty lager.

I've found that mid-week games with about 11k fans is when things run the smoothest. Most issues at Loftus Road tend be busy Saturday games. Although the ground can hold around 18k it does seem sketch the staff when it's busy.

Absolutely pointless trying to do anything at half time, except having a piss to be honest.

It's about time we were treated as adults and were allowed to drink in view of the pitch.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:58 - Aug 9 with 2589 viewsstowmarketrange

What I find stranger is that so many didn't seem to be in a rush to go back to their seats after half time.We left the bar on the whistle to start the half and we had to walk past 100’s of people still with full glasses and standing around chatting.I know a lot of people were meeting for the first time in ages,but it did seem a bit weird to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 2546 viewsPikey

The queuing in the bar pre match was ridiculous and started before 2pm ( due to people arriving early) .
The staff were generally useless (apart from 2) and had clearly never pulled a pint on their lives b4.
Lager was on draught when I was served and later when my brother was served also after the game. Seems someone was just too lazy to change a barrel at some point hence the cans..
Why dont they pre pour the beer to about 3/4 full and then top up at point of sale with 1 member of staff simply pouring pints for others to sell.
OH AND STOP SELLING PIE AND MASH IN THE BAR SELL IT AT THE FOOD KIOSK OUTSIDE. Bloke in front of me ordered 2 pints of guiness and then 2 pie and mash took 15 minutes the whole process. Ridiculous.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 12:38 - Aug 9 with 2371 viewswombat

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 10:10 - Aug 9 by Pikey

The queuing in the bar pre match was ridiculous and started before 2pm ( due to people arriving early) .
The staff were generally useless (apart from 2) and had clearly never pulled a pint on their lives b4.
Lager was on draught when I was served and later when my brother was served also after the game. Seems someone was just too lazy to change a barrel at some point hence the cans..
Why dont they pre pour the beer to about 3/4 full and then top up at point of sale with 1 member of staff simply pouring pints for others to sell.
OH AND STOP SELLING PIE AND MASH IN THE BAR SELL IT AT THE FOOD KIOSK OUTSIDE. Bloke in front of me ordered 2 pints of guiness and then 2 pie and mash took 15 minutes the whole process. Ridiculous.

guy that served us had to be told what a lager shandy was twice by the women behind the bar , awful

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 12:45 - Aug 9 with 2343 viewsstowmarketrange

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 09:54 - Aug 9 by 80s__boy

Absolutely pointless trying to do anything at half time, except having a piss to be honest.

It's about time we were treated as adults and were allowed to drink in view of the pitch.

I saw at least two groups of people bringing their beer into the lower loft,and one group in the front row decided to put their plastic glasses on the front wall in clear view of everyone.The steward finally came down and told them to move the beer off the wall,but didn’t do anything else.
The quality of stewarding was dreadful on Saturday,but it was nice to see the extras coming out on 85 minutes to ensure that nobody invaded the pitch.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 14:43 - Aug 9 with 2208 viewsPinnerPaul

Just a quick shout out to the steward at top of ER T block staircase.

Very friendly and actually took the trouble to show people to their seats.

Very good.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 14:50 - Aug 9 with 2191 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

The rule was brought in, iirc, in 84/85 which was, as you said in another thread, the rock bottom of football violence in this country.

36 years later it surely must be time for a review of this?
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 2180 viewsdaveB

It was £5.50 a can in the food kiosks which we tried as queue for the blue and white bar was insane

Could see this coming to be honest, they were training staff at the Man Utd game and very few of them understood how to pour a pint r how to work the card machine. Took about 10 minutes that day with only a handful of people in the queue so they had no hope weekend.

Just far too few staff and no common sense at all to just pre pour the bloody things and fill the fridge with them
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 14:56 - Aug 9 with 2169 viewsdaveB

I've always enjoyed having a drink at half time, a chance to have a chat about the first half, calm down a bit if things aren't going well and check on the half time scores. If Saturday becomes the norm though with those queues I don't think I'll bother
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 2154 viewscolinallcars

No, it fell short of the standards we expect. I had to send the wine back.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 15:44 - Aug 9 with 2050 viewskensalriser

I'm used to getting bumped and bruised when we score but I definitely don't want to spend the rest of game covered in lager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 15:50 - Aug 9 with 2033 viewsthame_hoops

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 15:44 - Aug 9 by kensalriser

I'm used to getting bumped and bruised when we score but I definitely don't want to spend the rest of game covered in lager.

yes haha
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 1935 viewsrobith

It's actually mad how bad the amenities at Loftus Road are - and how little effort goes into trying to work around them like pre pouring drinks etc

I've had a season ticket for like 11 years and I doubt I've even spent £100 in the stadium - before I moved to the Paddocks it was 0
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 18:39 - Aug 9 with 1811 viewsGloryHunter

Good point. I went to a Union Berlin match and was delighted that I was not only allowed to stand on terraces and drink beer, but a guy with a keg on his back came round and topped it up! And then Union equalised in the 89th minute and everyone leapt up screaming in excitement - two seconds later I was soaked by a heavy shower of lager. What goes up, must come down.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 19:19 - Aug 9 with 1716 viewsdaveB

there is no way fans will be trusted to drink in view of the pitch, far too many arseholes around who will throw bottles
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 19:27 - Aug 9 with 1701 viewsDavieQPR

Yep, I just love the thought of R's scoring an early goal, everyone in the Loft jumping up and getting two or three pints over my head.
Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 19:30 - Aug 9 with 1692 viewsstowmarketrange

Annual moan - Blue and White Bar on 19:27 - Aug 9 by DavieQPR

Yep, I just love the thought of R's scoring an early goal, everyone in the Loft jumping up and getting two or three pints over my head.

If it’s carlsberg you should be ok as long as you don’t drink any of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024