Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nakhi Wells? 00:36 - Aug 19 with 7241 viewsSonofNorfolt

Someone out of favour who fits our club?
Just blind speculation................
Nakhi Wells? on 00:41 - Aug 19 with 4801 viewsSK_hoops

Can we get him on loan just for Barnsley?
Nakhi Wells? on 01:39 - Aug 19 with 4678 viewsBoston

On a 'free' only. We have moved on.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nakhi Wells? on 03:02 - Aug 19 with 4596 viewsstainrods_elbow

I do increasingly feel/fear we probably need a proven Champ striker in on loan, and Nakhi would fit the bill. Charlie isn't likely to play more than 25 odd games, Kelman is still raw, and Dykes can't and shouldn't be made to carry us the rest of the time.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Nakhi Wells? on 03:11 - Aug 19 with 4603 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He was captain last week.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 3:15]
Nakhi Wells? on 07:38 - Aug 19 with 4128 viewsWestonsuperR

Not for me, wasn’t totally convinced with him last time and has only got, older and slower since leaving. Tells its own story that he has struggled to make any impact in a poor Bristol City side
Nakhi Wells? on 08:30 - Aug 19 with 3974 viewsTheChef

He can't spell lapse either. Next.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nakhi Wells? on 08:33 - Aug 19 with 3949 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nakhi Wells? on 03:02 - Aug 19 by stainrods_elbow

I do increasingly feel/fear we probably need a proven Champ striker in on loan, and Nakhi would fit the bill. Charlie isn't likely to play more than 25 odd games, Kelman is still raw, and Dykes can't and shouldn't be made to carry us the rest of the time.

Austin and Dykes are proven Champ strikers! Willock also got two in two!

We’ve scored 8 in 4. Goal scoring isn’t a issue, neither is defending, and our midfield is tight. Let’s leave things be I say.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:37]
Nakhi Wells? on 08:42 - Aug 19 with 3887 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Blind speculation aside, it's a no from me. He's 31 and 5'7". Given the club's ethos and manager's favoured formation, he's no longer a fit.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Nakhi Wells? on 08:42 - Aug 19 with 3885 viewsjohncharles

Nakhi Wells? on 08:30 - Aug 19 by TheChef

He can't spell lapse either. Next.

You’re assuming he meant “lapse”. He may have been referring to someone from Lapland.

Strong and stable my arse.

Nakhi Wells? on 08:44 - Aug 19 with 3869 viewsdmm

Warburton must believe Kelman will hold his own if called upon but if, say, the injury to Dykes keeps him out for any length of time, our striking options are a worry.

Willock isn't an out and out striker but a no 10 surely?
Nakhi Wells? on 09:03 - Aug 19 with 3786 viewsGroveR

Strikers are so passé it's all false 9s these days.
Nakhi Wells? on 09:13 - Aug 19 with 3720 viewsDWQPR

If we need another striker on loan then there is one at Norwich collecting splinters on his arse, Jordan Hugill. He knows the club, loved his time here and would do the business.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nakhi Wells? on 09:21 - Aug 19 with 3683 viewsrobith

Spends too much time posting anti vaccine conspiracy theories on instagram these days
Nakhi Wells? on 09:34 - Aug 19 with 3604 viewsswisscottage

I'm with you.

If there is a need to rack up strikers for a promotion push he fits into the same mould as Dykes and Austin.

Wells does not and would need to be played alongside another striker,.
Nakhi Wells? on 09:37 - Aug 19 with 3575 viewsTW_R

Nakhi Wells? on 08:42 - Aug 19 by johncharles

You’re assuming he meant “lapse”. He may have been referring to someone from Lapland.

Or the club he was at on Saturday night.
Nakhi Wells? on 09:44 - Aug 19 with 3551 viewsMyke

Nakhi Wells? on 08:33 - Aug 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Austin and Dykes are proven Champ strikers! Willock also got two in two!

We’ve scored 8 in 4. Goal scoring isn’t a issue, neither is defending, and our midfield is tight. Let’s leave things be I say.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:37]

At first glance you are right Bazz, Austin is a proven Championship striker and Dykes has come on in leaps and bounds since Christmas. Even though he is not in the best of form, two in three is very acceptable. I think if we did not have promotion ambitions, what we have is good enough, as you say Willock will definitely bag a few and you would expect Chair to also do so, when he gets going. However, we HAVE top six ambitions, by Warburton's own admission, and if Austin picks up a ban (or even another injury) and Dykes also gets injured, we are down to Kellman, or playing with no recognised striker at all. Not sure Wells is the answer, but the likes of him or Hugill on loan at least until Christmas, may not be a bad option. We may well have 'moved on' since the pair where here, but that could be reflected in them not being regular starters rather than saying, we don't need that 'type' here anymore.
Nakhi Wells? on 10:02 - Aug 19 with 3476 viewsNorthantsHoop

Was always pleased with both Hugill and Wells and their attitude and performances when at the club. We know Bonne is not good enough and has been shipped out to see if he can improve on loan, but that awful miss for Ipswich the other night not done him much good. Still not sure about Kelman he needs regular game time and a lower loan level may help him.
I think we may just be OK to stick at present, Willock is doing really well and can deliver goals now, get Chair firing as well. Think there is also a role for Adomah to slot in up front to help out. As a loan signing Hugill would be my choice he roughs up defenders well.
Nakhi Wells? on 10:08 - Aug 19 with 3425 viewsdaveB

Wells seems to be well thought of due to the way he finished his time with us but he had long spells where he was useless and has done nothing in the last 18 months. I wouldn't go anywhere near him
Nakhi Wells? on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 3428 viewsBazzeR

Would agree that Nahki Wells at this time of the season would be a bad move.

It’s not an out and out goal scorer that’s needed right now ,it’s a back up plan to the role that Dykes currently plays that could be a weakness if he gets injured.

Saying that I was impressed with Armstrong’s strength and ability to shield the ball in the recent U23 game ,admittedly he faded later in the game but could provide similar attributes to Dykes general play style.
Nakhi Wells? on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 3426 viewsdmm

If needed, and if possible, Hugill would work perfectly. We play best with a lone striker and two 10s.
Nakhi Wells? on 10:11 - Aug 19 with 3415 viewsLazyFan

We need a playmaker as a backup. If Chair or Willock get injured then we only have one of them on the pitch.

Yesterday Boro man-marked Chair, he was blocked out of the game, but they had no answer to Willock. even Warbs now know he needs to play both of them.

Uncs cannot play a full game, we know that after Orient. Thomas is not a play-maker like those two are. He won't play Bettache (which I don't agree with).

We need an inform Freeman or someone like that, in case one of them gets injured. I thought Jones at Boro was class and he's only 22. We should watch him. I think he's only a 3 year contract and this season is year 2, but I could be wrong.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nakhi Wells? on 10:56 - Aug 19 with 3301 viewsBoston

Nakhi Wells? on 08:42 - Aug 19 by johncharles

Hamalainen or Santa?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 10:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nakhi Wells? on 10:59 - Aug 19 with 3286 viewsMoonshineSteve

0-4 down v Brum. Back to 3-4. We get a penalty. Wells misses it

Never want to see him again.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Nakhi Wells? on 11:04 - Aug 19 with 3252 viewsRBlock

Nakhi Wells? on 10:11 - Aug 19 by LazyFan

We need a playmaker as a backup. If Chair or Willock get injured then we only have one of them on the pitch.

Yesterday Boro man-marked Chair, he was blocked out of the game, but they had no answer to Willock. even Warbs now know he needs to play both of them.

Uncs cannot play a full game, we know that after Orient. Thomas is not a play-maker like those two are. He won't play Bettache (which I don't agree with).

We need an inform Freeman or someone like that, in case one of them gets injured. I thought Jones at Boro was class and he's only 22. We should watch him. I think he's only a 3 year contract and this season is year 2, but I could be wrong.

I think Thomas and his energy/drive can cover the playmaker roll as back-up. I thought he looked tidy against Orient in a second string side, he's a hard worker, passes the ball well, presses. Can also see Dozzell playing slightly higher up the pitch if needs be or StefJo, as we've seen last season. Even Dom Ball played as an attacking no.10!

I think it's a testament to our coaching that so many players are adept at playing multiple positions, and something that Warburton has targeted and mentioned when bringing players in. Especially given he values a small and tight squad.

Also, re: Wells, I think his hold up play was fantastic. Obviously he wasn't competing for balls in the air, but the way he ran the channels and his movement/intelligence worked really well for us previously. I understand he is a different type of player to Dykes, but I absolutely think he would work in this system as the 1 up top, if we were to bring him in on loan as the third striker (not that I can see that happening).
Nakhi Wells? on 11:07 - Aug 19 with 3235 viewsngbqpr

Warbs has said time & again he likes a tight squad. He has one, and will stick with it unless we get some serious long term injuries.

A one game suspension for Moses, a possible three game one for Austin, and Dykes and Wallace going off (arguably as a precaution, as we had adequate subs to bring on) needn't induce mass panic in mid-August.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024