Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 22:35 - Dec 31 with 9172 viewsMyke

I am concerned about his recent form - ie the last three games. Well actually, more concerned about his loss in confidence than his loss in form. Anybody can lose form, hit that period when nothing you do comes off and even the simplest of passes go astray. It happened to me many times over the years - admittedly from a pretty low bar anyway - and all you can do is grit your teeth, train harder and play through it.
But,starting with the Stoke game (so it hasn't been post - Covid outbreak as some have suggested ) Willock has suddenly not only become anonymous but also unwilling to accept possession, or try to make things happen as only he can. Clive said in his BC report that Willock was 'starved' of the ball, once he was asked to fill in as an auxiliary LWB, when Wallace was removed. I actually don't agree with this; there were several occasions when the ball was passed to him ( usually by Barbet) and all he did was pass it straight back to him again as if he couldn't get rid of it fast enough, often putting Barbet (or whoever) under pressure, forcing them to turn around and use Dieng. It is so completely different than the Willock who was weaving his way through the Derby defence with the ball stuck to his foot, only days (in Stoke's case) earlier.
I have also seen it said that he is only a shadow of the player we know without Chair. Two comments on this; firstly Chair played in the Stoke game and half the Bournemouth game, when Willock was completely ineffective and secondly, if is true then we are in deep trouble with Chair off to the African Cup.
He has had such a fantastic 2021 and he is so vital to our promotion aspirations, that I am very concerned as I said, not so much the loss of form - that is only temporary - but this sudden (apparent) loss of confidence. Let's hope he has a blinder against Brum to prove me totally wrong.
Willock on 23:18 - Dec 31 with 4083 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can we discuss this tomorrow?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Willock on 23:35 - Dec 31 with 4046 viewscolinallcars

Willock on 23:18 - Dec 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

Can we discuss this tomorrow?

No, let's discuss it now. I might be suffering from alcoholic remorse tomorrow.
Willock on 23:42 - Dec 31 with 4025 viewsplasmahoop

He'll be alright, don't panic. They aren't machines at the end of the day.
Willock on 23:46 - Dec 31 with 4005 viewsHAYESBOY

Think this will fall under 'Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Willock on 00:13 - Jan 1 with 3946 viewsHooparoo

I would have thought the reason is obvious. He’s heading off in the transfer window so his agent has told him to take it easy.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Willock on 00:24 - Jan 1 with 3924 viewsMrSheen

Willock on 00:13 - Jan 1 by Hooparoo

I would have thought the reason is obvious. He’s heading off in the transfer window so his agent has told him to take it easy.

Even worse, he’s joining his brother at Newcastle. Well, how would you feel?
Willock on 00:51 - Jan 1 with 3868 viewsHooparoo

He is one of our most saleable assets along with Chair and given he tore Everton apart live on Sky he would have to be on a few Premier League club radars.

Willock on 00:59 - Jan 1 with 3837 viewsstainrods_elbow

With all due respect to Chris, who we all know is a fantastic prospect, I suspect Newcastle's owners will be shopping in different markets from the upper Champ. However, if the club were ill-advised enough to cash in in January (when it's even more than usually unlikely we'd be in any position to refill his boots) and blow an almighty hole in our playoff aspirations in the process, an Eze+ fee of 20m would have to be a starting point, and probably add-ons after that. However, even then, I feel it would be a bad mistake. The only business we should probably be looking to do is bring in a couple of judicious loans at full back/centre back/wing back/up front, if we can (perm any two from four, probably), and give the squad the support it needs and deserves to have a real tilt at the top 6 this year.

He hasn't been at his best in the last two or three games for sure, but that's also been true of the team as a whole. Chair's absence yesterday may have played its part, and he may benefit from a little rest, but equally it can be better for younger players in particular to play their way through these understandable dips. In any event, in this case, in Warburton I trust.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 01:04 - Jan 1 with 3827 viewsHooparoo

Willock on 00:59 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

With all due respect to Chris, who we all know is a fantastic prospect, I suspect Newcastle's owners will be shopping in different markets from the upper Champ. However, if the club were ill-advised enough to cash in in January (when it's even more than usually unlikely we'd be in any position to refill his boots) and blow an almighty hole in our playoff aspirations in the process, an Eze+ fee of 20m would have to be a starting point, and probably add-ons after that. However, even then, I feel it would be a bad mistake. The only business we should probably be looking to do is bring in a couple of judicious loans at full back/centre back/wing back/up front, if we can (perm any two from four, probably), and give the squad the support it needs and deserves to have a real tilt at the top 6 this year.

He hasn't been at his best in the last two or three games for sure, but that's also been true of the team as a whole. Chair's absence yesterday may have played its part, and he may benefit from a little rest, but equally it can be better for younger players in particular to play their way through these understandable dips. In any event, in this case, in Warburton I trust.

Agree.

Willock on 10:23 - Jan 1 with 3474 viewsbosh67

Very difficult for a player like this to keep match winning performances up week on week. He was destroying teams Taarabt style for a few months but with everything going on and his recent personal family loss, and because he is still very young, I think some people's expectations that he will be a world beater every week are too high. His form is also linked to Chair's. If Chair is on top of his game it seems to ignite Willock. If Chair is quiet, Willock tends to be quiet. When they are both on song, we destroy teams.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Willock on 12:02 - Jan 1 with 3346 viewsMyke

Willock on 10:23 - Jan 1 by bosh67

Very difficult for a player like this to keep match winning performances up week on week. He was destroying teams Taarabt style for a few months but with everything going on and his recent personal family loss, and because he is still very young, I think some people's expectations that he will be a world beater every week are too high. His form is also linked to Chair's. If Chair is on top of his game it seems to ignite Willock. If Chair is quiet, Willock tends to be quiet. When they are both on song, we destroy teams.

That being the case how will Willock cope without Chair this month?
Willock on 12:05 - Jan 1 with 3327 viewsPunteR

Willock on 12:02 - Jan 1 by Myke

I guess we'll find out.
He's perfectly capable to cope.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Willock on 12:47 - Jan 1 with 3257 viewsSK_hoops

Willock on 00:13 - Jan 1 by Hooparoo

Or he loves QPR so much that he is purposefully playing bad so other teams watching his last few games lose interest. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
Willock on 12:59 - Jan 1 with 3227 viewsLythamR

Willock on 12:02 - Jan 1 by Myke

He doesnt need Chair and Chair doesnt need him, True they combine nicely at times but you could also argue that the 2 of them together sometimes slop down our attacks when the ball should have gone in the box earlier
Willock on 13:07 - Jan 1 with 3182 viewstraininvain

Willock on 12:59 - Jan 1 by LythamR

He doesnt need Chair and Chair doesnt need him, True they combine nicely at times but you could also argue that the 2 of them together sometimes slop down our attacks when the ball should have gone in the box earlier

They don’t need each other. But we’re a much more potent attacking force with the pair of them in the team. Surely that’s not even open to debate?!
Willock on 13:43 - Jan 1 with 3108 viewsconnell10

Erm it could be its because he is young and sometimes young players are inconsistent....just a guess...I'm no expert!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock on 13:47 - Jan 1 with 3094 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Steady on. we’ve all had a drink. Or maybe you didn’t, finding time to post all that at half-ten on NYE. Jesus …
Willock on 14:48 - Jan 1 with 2956 viewsFrankRightguard

What a massive overreaction the OP is. My word. Young player doesn’t play well for three games…THE SKY IS FALLING!
Willock on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 2801 viewsMyke

Willock on 13:47 - Jan 1 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Steady on. we’ve all had a drink. Or maybe you didn’t, finding time to post all that at half-ten on NYE. Jesus …

It's a culture thing. Ye guys are usually tucked up in bed by 9.30 whereas that is only early evening to us
Willock on 20:21 - Jan 1 with 2654 viewsBurnleyhoop

It could be he is now a “marked” man?
Bristol players did seem to double if not treble up on him quite often. His game, like chairs, is all about pass and move into pockets of space. If denied any space our outlets his only option is to move it backwards or sideways.

Form, good or bad, is temporary. Class is permanent. The lad is class.
Willock on 21:45 - Jan 1 with 2573 viewsLythamR

Willock on 13:07 - Jan 1 by traininvain

They don’t need each other. But we’re a much more potent attacking force with the pair of them in the team. Surely that’s not even open to debate?!

Yes thats probably right. i certainly feel more confident when i see both starting but I am not going to run to the hills screaming because Willock has to play without Chair.
Willock on 16:19 - Jan 2 with 2379 viewsted_hendrix

Today Willock was superb (not a knock at the OP). never mind him scoring a cracking goal.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Willock on 16:32 - Jan 2 with 2294 viewsGroveR

Willock on 16:19 - Jan 2 by ted_hendrix

Today Willock was superb (not a knock at the OP). never mind him scoring a cracking goal.

Agreed, Sanderson (one of their better players) reduced to bear hugs and going through the back of him. Can be frustrating and have thought this in several games he's been "out of form" but refs should be booking after the 3rd or 4th cynical foul.
Willock on 16:33 - Jan 2 with 2290 viewsT_Block

Shouldn't be ,my defence m'lord his goal v Birmingham
Willock on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 2232 viewsStainrod

He was absent for the first five or ten mins but then whenever we got the ball to him he was superb. Showed more strength to shield it and accept an "out" ball than he sometimes has. Could easily have had three or four assists if balls had broken better. But that goal - not just the finish but from when he first touched it - would grace the Premier league and Adel would have been proud of it in his pomp.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024