Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle and Eddie Howe 09:25 - Dec 17 with 6305 viewstoboboly

Truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 4192 viewsbosh67

I think he is a good manager at a club that is completely dysfunctional.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 09:53 - Dec 17 with 4171 viewsdaveB

They've been better since he came in but hes not got much to work with. They have a really poor squad
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:10 - Dec 17 with 4087 viewsToast_R

They are doing what QPR did in 2012/13. Horrendous first half of the season, changed the manager and relying on a war chest of money to buy themselves out of trouble in January. The only problem being; the players they're going to attract will be foremost, mercenaries signing for long contracts on inflated wages more than any other club would pay them. They won't be career motivated and certainly won't want to roll their sleeves up if things don't improve quickly. I'm hearing Deli Ali is a target for example...

They could go down with a host of arseholes on contracts that they simply won't be able to shift and playing Championship football making astronomical amounts of losses. It will be glorious if it happens.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:40 - Dec 17 with 3993 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought the referee was absolutely right to play on last night when the Newcastle player went down with a ‘head injury’. He’d be in trouble if it was serious i guess but he had a good view of it and made the correct decision for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:44 - Dec 17 with 3958 viewsRs_Holy

I think they will be okay... I thought they played well yesterday and will beat most in the division if they keep up that level of performance
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 3886 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:40 - Dec 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought the referee was absolutely right to play on last night when the Newcastle player went down with a ‘head injury’. He’d be in trouble if it was serious i guess but he had a good view of it and made the correct decision for me.

I thought it was a bit dubious of Dean to step across as Alexander Arnold took his shot for the 3rd goal though.It might’ve blocked the keepers view,but I don’t the keeper would’ve reached it anyway.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:02 - Dec 17 with 3715 viewsgazza1

It is only 'right & proper' to give Eddie Howe a chance.....lets be honest B'mouth were promoted and stayed in the Premier for a couple or so years - Eddie Howe did pretty well there so why shouldn't he a Newcastle.

He is still accessing his players players......done OK so far imho. Can't understand why the negativity.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 3608 viewsJuzzie

As Clive has mentioned numerous times, with Forest being a prime example, there's only so many times you can keep changing managers until people realise the problem isn't the manager.
Howe has been there for two minutes, hardly down to him the predicament they are in.

It's a win-win for him. They go down (probably not his fault) and they decide to sack him then he gets paid up for another couple of years. They go down and stand by him then hopefully he'll have a chance to rebuild.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:39 - Dec 17 with 3563 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:30 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

As Clive has mentioned numerous times, with Forest being a prime example, there's only so many times you can keep changing managers until people realise the problem isn't the manager.
Howe has been there for two minutes, hardly down to him the predicament they are in.

It's a win-win for him. They go down (probably not his fault) and they decide to sack him then he gets paid up for another couple of years. They go down and stand by him then hopefully he'll have a chance to rebuild.

I’ll tell you why, if you think Chelsea or United fans are insufferable as a result of success, then if Newcastle start winning they’ll be a whole lot worse!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:50 - Dec 17 with 3530 viewsWokingR

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 09:53 - Dec 17 by daveB

They've been better since he came in but hes not got much to work with. They have a really poor squad

And about to get a lot worse !
January for them is going to be like us under Mark Hughes. They are going to throw stupid money at anyone they can interest.
I hear even Bosingwa is thinking of coming out of retirement for one last payday.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:51 - Dec 17 with 3524 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:39 - Dec 17 by PlanetHonneywood

I’ll tell you why, if you think Chelsea or United fans are insufferable as a result of success, then if Newcastle start winning they’ll be a whole lot worse!

They are an entitled bunch of fans now,and they’ve won nothing in 53 years.Just because 52,000 now turn up in a city of 1/2 million plus they think they’re a big club.
Totally deluded bunch.God help us if they start winning things.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:56 - Dec 17 with 3504 viewsAntti_Heinola

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:44 - Dec 17 by Rs_Holy

I think they will be okay... I thought they played well yesterday and will beat most in the division if they keep up that level of performance

Will be interesting to see, but while I think Howe was phenomenal at Bournemouth, he was struggling badly at the end and I don't think he has what it takes with a club as dysfunctional as Newcastle, especially one about to start chucking money about like TF on steroids. I'm not sure he'll last the season, and certainly don't see them staying up. But who knows?!

Bare bones.

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:04 - Dec 17 with 3466 viewsMick_S

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:51 - Dec 17 by stowmarketrange

They are an entitled bunch of fans now,and they’ve won nothing in 53 years.Just because 52,000 now turn up in a city of 1/2 million plus they think they’re a big club.
Totally deluded bunch.God help us if they start winning things.

I believe Sunderland has a slightly higher population than crazy geordie land at just under 300,000. I was a bit surprised by that FACT.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:14 - Dec 17 with 3424 viewsJuzzie

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:04 - Dec 17 by Mick_S

I believe Sunderland has a slightly higher population than crazy geordie land at just under 300,000. I was a bit surprised by that FACT.

A lot of Newcastle fans come from surrounding areas. The advantage of being the biggest of only 4 League clubs in a massive area of land.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:15 - Dec 17 with 3411 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:04 - Dec 17 by Mick_S

I was counting the 250000 in Gateshead in that figure.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:24 - Dec 17 with 3365 viewsMick_S

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:15 - Dec 17 by stowmarketrange

I was counting the 250000 in Gateshead in that figure.

Fair point well made.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:30 - Dec 17 with 3322 viewsStainrod

Howe must have had numerous job offers as he did a great job at Bournemouth - consistently punched above what had been their average level more than just about any club in the country. Baffling after a couple of years off he should suddenly choose Newcastle. Can only assume it was for such an eye-watering sum of money he couldn't resist. Even if he succeeds in keeping Newcastle up he will probably be sacked and replaced with some big name continental manager. Mourinho will no doubt be available after another failure...
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:58 - Dec 17 with 3227 viewsstainrods_elbow

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:30 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

So you're saying that, basically, managers don't care if they fail and diminish their CV when they can get big pay-offs for doing so (since football, pretty much uniquely, rewards failure)? I'd be surprised if abject cynicism like yours applies to Howe, who, like most serious professionals in the game, want to do well. How many managers actually feel that, yes, I took so-and-so down but they paid up my contract handsomely, so I was laughing? I'd wager, or hope, it's very few.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 14:10 - Dec 17 with 3180 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:58 - Dec 17 by stainrods_elbow

So you're saying that, basically, managers don't care if they fail and diminish their CV when they can get big pay-offs for doing so (since football, pretty much uniquely, rewards failure)? I'd be surprised if abject cynicism like yours applies to Howe, who, like most serious professionals in the game, want to do well. How many managers actually feel that, yes, I took so-and-so down but they paid up my contract handsomely, so I was laughing? I'd wager, or hope, it's very few.

Luckily we got rid of one of those in feb 2015.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 14:25 - Dec 17 with 3127 viewsLoftgirl

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 12:02 - Dec 17 by gazza1

It is only 'right & proper' to give Eddie Howe a chance.....lets be honest B'mouth were promoted and stayed in the Premier for a couple or so years - Eddie Howe did pretty well there so why shouldn't he a Newcastle.

He is still accessing his players players......done OK so far imho. Can't understand why the negativity.

I would have thought he should have "accessed" his players by now.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:07 - Dec 17 with 3040 viewsgazza1

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 14:25 - Dec 17 by Loftgirl

I would have thought he should have "accessed" his players by now.

Really - What in 2 weeks and a couple of matches....plus all the other work he has needed to do when joining such a massive club as Newcastle.

I would suggest that he and his coaches will be discussing players over the next month and we will see his decisions in the January transfer window.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:12 - Dec 17 with 3033 viewskensalriser

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 10:44 - Dec 17 by Rs_Holy

They've won one out of 17 games, which is 6%.

To go from that to over 50% would be some turn around, one of the greatest ever - the lowest placed team to have won more than 50% of their games is Arsenal in 4th.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:15 - Dec 17 with 3012 viewsgazza1

Howe has a massive tough job to keep them in the Premiership......but I would suggest he has his target of 4th from bottom of the Premier. Not impossible but 'proper' difficult.
Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:20 - Dec 17 with 3001 viewskensalriser

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:15 - Dec 17 by gazza1

Howe has a massive tough job to keep them in the Premiership......but I would suggest he has his target of 4th from bottom of the Premier. Not impossible but 'proper' difficult.

They are in big trouble, but the marginal improvement required to stay up is still relatively small.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 15:40 - Dec 17 with 2944 viewsJuzzie

Newcastle and Eddie Howe on 13:58 - Dec 17 by stainrods_elbow

That's not what I'm saying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024