Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off 19:59 - Apr 18 with 5291 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/two-players-red-same-challenge-267392

Never seen or heard of anything like it before.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:09 - Apr 18 with 4770 viewsTonto

Given how much rolling Kelman does whereas the Fleetwood player lays still, I would say Kelman is play acti g and the Fleetwood player is genuinely injured.

Not smart from either player though.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:25 - Apr 18 with 4625 viewsswisscottage

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:09 - Apr 18 by Tonto

Given how much rolling Kelman does whereas the Fleetwood player lays still, I would say Kelman is play acti g and the Fleetwood player is genuinely injured.

Not smart from either player though.

I don't think you can necessarily draw the conclusion that Kelman was play acting.

When I got run over in my 20s and broke tib and fib, I was rolling around on the ground and then tried to get up only for my leg to give way underneath me :). being hurt doesn't necessarily mean you lie still afterwards.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:46 - Apr 18 with 4495 viewsE17hoop

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 4471 viewsbosh67

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:46 - Apr 18 by E17hoop

In the days I grew up and played football that was called a tackle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:57 - Apr 18 with 4423 viewsLogman

I think a three match ban for serious foul play is getting off light for that. Reckless is an under-statement
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:07 - Apr 18 with 4376 viewsdanehoop

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:57 - Apr 18 by Logman

I think a three match ban for serious foul play is getting off light for that. Reckless is an under-statement

which one?

Never knowingly understood

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:15 - Apr 18 with 4324 viewsLogman

I think Kelman's is worse. Though as someone just said, thirty years ago that was no more than a free-kick ....
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:20 - Apr 18 with 4301 viewsswisscottage

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:15 - Apr 18 by Logman

I think Kelman's is worse. Though as someone just said, thirty years ago that was no more than a free-kick ....

or in Hoddle's case not even that.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:30 - Apr 18 with 4235 viewsHunterhoop

Freeze it at 5 seconds. The Fleetwood player’s tackle is far worse. They both go in with two feet but the Fleetwood player doesn’t go for the ball he goes above/to the right of the ball and two foots Kelman in the chest. Kelman goes in in line with the ball, both legs bent at the knee (so somewhat of a knee slide) and catches the Fleetwood bloke in the arse by the looks of it. Maybe it was the back of his leg and rode up, but it was at the ball; the Fleetwood lad does not look to be going for the ball to me, he’s looking to use his body to stop/block it, allowing him to follow through and catch Kelman.

Of course, that assessment could be wrong. But 0.05 looks bad.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:34 - Apr 18 with 4224 viewsNorthernr

Referee's right. Both red cards. Good for him being brave enough to give it.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:38 - Apr 18 with 4194 viewsLogman

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:30 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Freeze it at 5 seconds. The Fleetwood player’s tackle is far worse. They both go in with two feet but the Fleetwood player doesn’t go for the ball he goes above/to the right of the ball and two foots Kelman in the chest. Kelman goes in in line with the ball, both legs bent at the knee (so somewhat of a knee slide) and catches the Fleetwood bloke in the arse by the looks of it. Maybe it was the back of his leg and rode up, but it was at the ball; the Fleetwood lad does not look to be going for the ball to me, he’s looking to use his body to stop/block it, allowing him to follow through and catch Kelman.

Of course, that assessment could be wrong. But 0.05 looks bad.

Yes, I see what you mean. The benefit of slow motion replays/VAR. Kelman was a red card waiting to happen though. sliding in like that. Reminds me of Leigertwood.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:56 - Apr 18 with 4112 viewsAntti_Heinola

and thank goodness that has changed!

Bare bones.

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 22:28 - Apr 18 with 3989 viewssevenhoop

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:56 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

and thank goodness that has changed!

May have been some Kelman frustration as apparently he had missed a sitter just before it
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 11:43 - Apr 19 with 3533 viewsTonto

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 20:25 - Apr 18 by swisscottage

I don't think you can necessarily draw the conclusion that Kelman was play acting.

When I got run over in my 20s and broke tib and fib, I was rolling around on the ground and then tried to get up only for my leg to give way underneath me :). being hurt doesn't necessarily mean you lie still afterwards.

the third roll over followed by the head over heels looks very suspect to me. the momentum from the challenge is over, and the extra rolls are unnecessary unless you are going for 9.5 from the French judge in my opinion.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 13:06 - Apr 19 with 3384 viewsdavman

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:34 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Maybe, but apparently he gave the Gills a free kick for that. How can he do that then send them both off? So, the Fleetwood one was a foul, but Kelman's one not?

All a bit strange.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 13:33 - Apr 19 with 3334 viewsozranger

Gills will probably appeal. A bit more on the incident here including the referee's view of it all and the reasoning for Kelman's send off.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gillingham-boss-harris-planning-an-app
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 17:06 - Apr 19 with 3144 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:34 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Yes I agree, but with both injured its difficult not to.

Just had to pick one for the free kick guess, technically its whoever committed the first foul, but with no VAR impossible to pick, so no one is going to argue, especially given where the incident was.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 02:25 - Apr 20 with 2902 viewsMatch82

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 17:06 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Just had to pick one for the free kick guess, technically its whoever committed the first foul, but with no VAR impossible to pick, so no one is going to argue, especially given where the incident was.

Waiting to hear what ref chat had to say about this one Pinner!
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 03:10 - Apr 20 with 2892 viewsozexile

They're both lucky they can still walk. That's 2 career ending tackles.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 07:38 - Apr 20 with 2732 viewsstevec

2 goals in 23 games, I’m reading.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 18:04 - Apr 20 with 2499 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 02:25 - Apr 20 by Match82

Waiting to hear what ref chat had to say about this one Pinner!

Not had time to go on there, or here much - stop the clapping at the back - if I get a chance will ask/see on there!
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 19:59 - Apr 20 with 2348 viewsdistortR

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 17:06 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Ideally it would be a contested drop ball with the two who went into each other competing.
Ding Ding! round two
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 17:11 - Apr 21 with 2061 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 19:59 - Apr 20 by distortR

Ideally it would be a contested drop ball with the two who went into each other competing.
Ding Ding! round two

I know you're only joking but that's wrong on many levels, not least the fact that contested drop balls no longer exist!
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:14 - Apr 21 with 1971 viewsdistortR

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 17:11 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

I know you're only joking but that's wrong on many levels, not least the fact that contested drop balls no longer exist!

I know, and I know one of the two couldn't walk, but it would have been exciting. Uncontested drop balls, yawn.
Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 18:27 - Apr 22 with 1687 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Kelman Red Carded in Double Sending off on 21:14 - Apr 21 by distortR

I know, and I know one of the two couldn't walk, but it would have been exciting. Uncontested drop balls, yawn.

They may well be boring but footballers still don't understand how they work!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024