Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Daniels 18:57 - May 16 with 9917 viewsEastR

Well done young man here's hoping the support far outweighs the detractors, as well it should.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jake Daniels on 19:01 - May 16 with 4636 viewsWatfordR

Seconded
Jake Daniels on 19:05 - May 16 with 4608 viewsGloryHunter

What a brave thing to do. Hopefully it will embolden other players to come out too.
Jake Daniels on 19:21 - May 16 with 4529 viewsnix

Good for him. It's a shame people still have to 'come out'. It shouldn't still be a thing as it's nobody's business who consenting adults go out with.

I really hope he doesn't get abuse from fans and it gives some confidence to other footballers in similar situations.
Jake Daniels on 19:35 - May 16 with 4478 viewsdenhamhoop2

Hope he goes on and has a fantastic career but will most certainly have a better life out in the open than hiding this part of his life
Jake Daniels on 19:36 - May 16 with 4477 viewsLogman

Very brave and I hope he is not on the end of any bigoted or homophobic abuse.
Jake Daniels on 19:56 - May 16 with 4366 viewsslmrstid

He deserves huge credit and I hope everyone allows him to live the life he wants to lead.
Jake Daniels on 19:58 - May 16 with 4360 viewsdavman

Jake Daniels on 19:36 - May 16 by Logman

Very brave and I hope he is not on the end of any bigoted or homophobic abuse.

Brave young man, but it is so sad we have to call him brave for just, well, being. So devastating to see the messages posted in response to Blackpool's one on twitter, obvs from some Chelsea fans, but the Muslim / Islamic ones are next level horrifying.

The world is full of some not very nice people...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jake Daniels on 20:06 - May 16 with 4334 viewsloftboy

Well done young man, shouldn’t be a problem in 2022 but for every 1000 people who give him support there will be 1 dickhead who will be heard louder than the rest, I hope the vocal minority don’t hound him out the game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Daniels on 20:30 - May 16 with 4263 viewsPaddyhoops

Brave decision and fair play to him.
Jake Daniels on 21:27 - May 16 with 4115 viewsLythamR

Jake Daniels on 20:30 - May 16 by Paddyhoops

Brave decision and fair play to him.

Good luck to him

Quite astonishing that its taken this long.
Jake Daniels on 22:00 - May 16 with 4017 viewsGloryHunter

Jake Daniels on 20:06 - May 16 by loftboy

Well done young man, shouldn’t be a problem in 2022 but for every 1000 people who give him support there will be 1 dickhead who will be heard louder than the rest, I hope the vocal minority don’t hound him out the game.

Statistically, every professional club will have 2 or 3 or 4 gay players. If they all find the courage from this to come out, then the game will change overnight. Especially if they are all supported by their team mates.
Jake Daniels on 23:37 - May 16 with 3838 viewsSeanvsg

Definitely fair play to him for coming out. One thing I can’t get my head around though is that the lad is 17, 17?! He’s looks 27 but he’s young enough to be doing A levels! The fact that he was born in 2005 but looks older than someone born in 1998 is crazy, man’s got strong athlete genes there.
Jake Daniels on 23:57 - May 16 with 3793 viewsrrrspricey

Fair play to the young man but it really boils my pÍss that someone needs to declare their sexuality to the world.

It's 2022 ffs, who gives a fųck if someone is gay, hetero, bi, or can't decide either way, they're just a person so treat them as such irrespective of their leanings.
Jake Daniels on 05:47 - May 17 with 3641 viewsderbyhoop

Unfortunately there will be many who give him abuse for declaring his sexuality. Personally, dont give a shite.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jake Daniels on 07:37 - May 17 with 3548 viewsthompsonridd

Amazing bravery from someone so young.

On a footballing note.....sign him up, 30 goals this season!!
Jake Daniels on 08:18 - May 17 with 3513 viewsMrSheen

Good luck to him. Telling it's such a young man coming forward. If everyone he plays in front of was his age, he'll have no problems.

Some understood communal response to any nonsense would be helpful, that can't be misconstrued as criticism of him. A chorus of whistles until any chants stop?
[Post edited 17 May 2022 8:21]
Jake Daniels on 08:26 - May 17 with 3505 viewsnumptydumpty

Very mature decision from a 17 year old guy.

Impressive and hopefully means many more that been hiding this normal part of their character, will have no need to hide anymore.

How long before a premier league player comes out.

Is the percentage about one in ten, not sure, maybe there is a man at our great club.

It's 2022 not 1952 but there is still a heck of a long way to go.

There will be comments online as there always is, but time for these stigmas to be put to bed and Jake Daniels has hopefully started something here.

Be who you are and everyone else just live and let live.

But well done to this young man absolutely.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 8:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Jake Daniels on 11:19 - May 17 with 3327 viewsE17hoop

Jake Daniels on 23:57 - May 16 by rrrspricey

Fair play to the young man but it really boils my pÍss that someone needs to declare their sexuality to the world.

It's 2022 ffs, who gives a fųck if someone is gay, hetero, bi, or can't decide either way, they're just a person so treat them as such irrespective of their leanings.

He was going to be outed by the S*n - ridiculous he should have to announce it because the S*n was going to use it to shame him.

Good to see QPR recognise it and tweet support.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Jake Daniels on 11:31 - May 17 with 3299 viewsslmrstid

One reason it matters very much is that in our own country there are football clubs owned by regimes who put LGBT+ people to death. Other clubs have links to regimes that have some of the most oppressive anti-LGBT laws in the world.

I'm not on Twitter to check but it will be interesting to see if those clubs give any public statements of support for Mr Daniels, or whether they will be suspiciously silent.
Jake Daniels on 11:55 - May 17 with 3277 viewsMaggsinho

Jake Daniels on 11:31 - May 17 by slmrstid

One reason it matters very much is that in our own country there are football clubs owned by regimes who put LGBT+ people to death. Other clubs have links to regimes that have some of the most oppressive anti-LGBT laws in the world.

I'm not on Twitter to check but it will be interesting to see if those clubs give any public statements of support for Mr Daniels, or whether they will be suspiciously silent.

Newcastle did...eventually. Took them some time though.
Jake Daniels on 12:28 - May 17 with 3237 viewsMiss_Terraces

Good luck to the brave man. I'm glad he's not in the Premiership, that league would be too much for one man to handle. He has enough on his plate just being in the Championship and I'm glad he has what seems a decent family club behind him

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Jake Daniels on 15:40 - May 17 with 2925 viewsSheffieldHoop

OK let's make this a bit more interesting...
"He's stunning and brave
He's stunning and braaaaaaaaave
That boy Jake Daniels
He's stunning and brave"

Homophobic abuse or just a bit of fun?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jake Daniels on 16:37 - May 17 with 2868 viewsjoe90

People saying it's madness he needs to come out in this day and age, but I've heard plenty of homophobic abuse at QPR. When you consider that and the Burnley fans doing Nazi salutes at Spurs, football fans have a long way to go until they reflect the platitudes from clubs in their behaviour.
Jake Daniels on 16:48 - May 17 with 2826 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jake Daniels on 11:31 - May 17 by slmrstid

This.

Fck the pink washing of sport by the worst of people.

Good luck Jake Daniels.
Jake Daniels on 00:17 - May 18 with 2505 viewsbaz_qpr

Good on the kid, lets hope others build on that, for his generation it really is no big deal at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024