Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 22:26 - Oct 4 with 5412 viewsbosh67

He's quite good, inni! I feel strangely confident.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 23:02 - Oct 4 with 3041 viewsRuislipHoop

When he talks,he genuinely knows wot he is talking about,unusual for a manager,especially one of ours
Mick Beale on 23:05 - Oct 4 with 2999 viewsCiderwithRsie

Will confess I was nervous - not really a judgement on him, more on where we were as a club at the start of the season.

Which makes what we're seeing all the more impressive.
Mick Beale on 23:08 - Oct 4 with 2954 viewsgazza1

He is doing ok, still time one way or the other........
Mick Beale on 23:13 - Oct 4 with 2921 viewssdm1508

It's early doors but things look promising. Well done to the club. At the time of Warburton going a lot of people thought it was the wrong move but maybe we now see what the club were trying to achieve. Like I said early days but I doubt if this continues people would still be angry with Warburton going. Maybe how it was done but not the thinking behind it
Mick Beale on 23:14 - Oct 4 with 2921 viewssilky

Who specifically at the club identified him as a potential manager?

Really interested to know?

I was a big Warbs fan for turning this club around and still very grateful for what he did overall.

Beale has however taken the batton and Usain Bolted it.

Long may it continue.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Mick Beale on 23:36 - Oct 4 with 2847 viewsHAYESBOY

He's alright.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale on 23:39 - Oct 4 with 2825 viewsSydneyRs

Mick Beale on 23:13 - Oct 4 by sdm1508

It's early doors but things look promising. Well done to the club. At the time of Warburton going a lot of people thought it was the wrong move but maybe we now see what the club were trying to achieve. Like I said early days but I doubt if this continues people would still be angry with Warburton going. Maybe how it was done but not the thinking behind it

Warburton did a great job and tbf when he left we had no idea who would be coming in and I'm not sure the club did either. Beale is a hell of a find and I'm sure other clubs will be sniffing around before too long.
Mick Beale on 23:48 - Oct 4 with 2785 viewsnumptydumpty

I was one who was not happy we got rid of Warburton and I felt the injuries to Willock and Dieng did for us last season.

We definitely got greater squad depth this season due to Beales signings but it seems Willock injured now and Dieng took a knock - hope Willock not serious but its at these times then we can make judgements.

But I have to say Beale seems to be a great student of the modern game and his ability to learn the value of substitutions seems currently to be his greatest strength followed by an excellent ability to give fabulous post match interviews which give a great insight into his man management and also game management skills.

Both those qualities he seems to possess which are an upgrade on Warburton.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 00:05 - Oct 5 with 2748 viewsqueensparker

Well, it looks like we’re going to get a chance to see how he handles injuries to Dieng and Willock after tonight. Along with Chair the heart of our team. A real challenge now
Mick Beale on 00:21 - Oct 5 with 2673 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 23:48 - Oct 4 by numptydumpty

I was one who was not happy we got rid of Warburton and I felt the injuries to Willock and Dieng did for us last season.

We definitely got greater squad depth this season due to Beales signings but it seems Willock injured now and Dieng took a knock - hope Willock not serious but its at these times then we can make judgements.

But I have to say Beale seems to be a great student of the modern game and his ability to learn the value of substitutions seems currently to be his greatest strength followed by an excellent ability to give fabulous post match interviews which give a great insight into his man management and also game management skills.

Both those qualities he seems to possess which are an upgrade on Warburton.

Your last point being on in the eye for those dullards on here who told me and others post-match manager interviews meant diddly squat, we shouldn't expect any truth from them, he'll say something else again in private etc. etc. Hope they're now re-evaluating in the light of a coach who uses them to shed light on what he and we're about every week, respects the intelligence of (intelligent) fans, and talks with passion and precision till the footballing cows come home.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2022 0:21]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 00:22 - Oct 5 with 2695 viewsDavieQPR

Well he is the 11th longest serving manager in the Championship so no excuses.
Mick Beale on 02:02 - Oct 5 with 2580 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Mick Beale on 00:22 - Oct 5 by DavieQPR

Well he is the 11th longest serving manager in the Championship so no excuses.

He did mention on West London sport that QPR better keep winning or he would be looking over his shoulder haha.
He gave a powerful description of the time and energy that managers put into the jobs and getting fired is harder on their families that the person getting the ax
Sounds like a brilliant young up coming manager who has tapped into the next generation of players and its looking great for us .
Mick Beale on 02:19 - Oct 5 with 2562 viewscharmr

Prefer watching Beales football to Warburtons

Prefer listening to Beales pontifications then Warburtons

Wasn’t against Warburton so much it just seems growing up we were seen as a team that played good football. I’ve missed that.
Mick Beale on 03:07 - Oct 5 with 2537 viewsbarbicanranger

It is very early days but it does make you dare to dream a bit... Evenings like tonight are fantastic for the supporters and all of our morale regardless of where the journey takes us. I really like the way he speaks about our little club - during the post Bristol presser I think he said something like that was a "great QPR performance" - I appreciate the way he speaks about the game but also how he is elevating the perception of our club as well.

I was disappointed to see Warbs go but in my opinion that appointment and his work made us a more appealing prospect to someone like Beale so for that he and dare I say it management deserve a pat on the back as well. This is how continuous improvement is supposed to look (assuming this momentum continues).
[Post edited 5 Oct 2022 3:08]
Mick Beale on 06:33 - Oct 5 with 2401 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Reading many posts above and elsewhere, the good thing about Beale is that he won't be getting carried away with things.

However, if he continues to progress and impress as much as he has in the first few months of his managerial career: I'd be surprised if he didn't end up at Liverpool after Klopp goes in a few years. I'd also be annoyed if those dumbfuks at the FA didn't appoint him as the England manager in time.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mick Beale on 06:37 - Oct 5 with 2397 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mick Beale on 02:19 - Oct 5 by charmr

Prefer watching Beales football to Warburtons

Prefer listening to Beales pontifications then Warburtons

Wasn’t against Warburton so much it just seems growing up we were seen as a team that played good football. I’ve missed that.

last 4 months under Warbs was disappointingly turgid, but it's worth remembering we played some absolutely fabulous stuff under him for the majority of his time at the club, and he did that while losing some great players his first couple of seasons.

Bare bones.

Mick Beale on 06:44 - Oct 5 with 2379 viewsSydneyRs

Mick Beale on 06:37 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

last 4 months under Warbs was disappointingly turgid, but it's worth remembering we played some absolutely fabulous stuff under him for the majority of his time at the club, and he did that while losing some great players his first couple of seasons.

Dieng and Willock in particular were big losses. I'm sure we would have made the playoffs if they'd stayed fit.
Mick Beale on 07:17 - Oct 5 with 2305 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Said it weeks ago that he is a different level to Warburton and that we would be promoted if we stay injury free. Looks like Willock and Dieng are out for a while though. Doh!
Mick Beale on 07:24 - Oct 5 with 2278 viewsPunteR

We wouldn't be where we are without Warburtons time here. I think it's worth remembering that.
Beale has built on a core of a good team already here. We were 4th from top majority of last season.
But we do look good atm . The shape and formation look good. The effort from the players last night showed the confidence in the tactics that I can imagine being clearly explained by the gaffer.
Paal , Belagum and Laird have made a significant difference to this team.
It's still early days and now with Willock injured possibly Seny , we will see how Beale does faced with injury problems to key players.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale on 08:24 - Oct 5 with 2123 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Far, far too early for beattifications, I think. Just enjoy the good results.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 08:46 - Oct 5 with 2057 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He talked a lot of sense post match and I'm liking the teamplay attacking and defending.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mick Beale on 09:04 - Oct 5 with 1981 viewsDWQPR

I’m still missing McLaren! 🤥

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mick Beale on 10:34 - Oct 5 with 1856 viewsrobith

Mick Beale on 06:37 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, deeply confused by that. Obvs a bad ending, but after years of JFH and McClaren, Warburton's team was a breath of fresh air, and Beale is building on the foundations he left
Mick Beale on 10:46 - Oct 5 with 1812 viewsthemodfather

we are moving the ball well, mainly to feet and with some tempo, we are defending very well and look strong. last night i felt we were the better team and should have scored a second , seny made one fantastic save but blades have few chances . beale's influence coming thru and hopefully he gets the SUPPORT FROM THE BOARD around january IF needed ( which we didn't do last season) to secure a top 6 slot.
Mick Beale on 10:50 - Oct 5 with 1798 viewsjoe90

Mick Beale on 06:44 - Oct 5 by SydneyRs

Dieng and Willock in particular were big losses. I'm sure we would have made the playoffs if they'd stayed fit.

Can't forget our unprecedented goalkeeper crisis. Was it 5 keepers we went through?

Dieng, Archer, Marshal, Westwood, Mahoney...did I miss anyone?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024